Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mission Codename: Cannon Fodder (BlisteredBlood & Devxx)

While it was indeed true that he did in fact put his hands on the cups of her corset, Thanatos merely did that because of the limited amount of room that she had given him at the present time. The look on his face seemed to have lessened when he caught her blinking and gave a small sigh of relief to himself rather than anything else. At least for the next three hours, he would be able to finally relish in the fact that he could now have a little bit of peace and quiet to himself and then some. "Not intentionally." He answered her question.

The same gaze he had before eventually faded away as he relaxed into his side of the booth and shrugged. "I warned ya." Thanatos answered even as he watched Eris get up from the seat and then walk outside with a pout on her face.

A sigh was on his face as he then lowered his head and shook it a little bit as he then picked up his sandwich and then finished the rest of it within a few more bites before he eventually followed suit by getting up out of the booth and fetched his jacket, slining it back over his shoulder and began to walk out. Before he left though, he looked back to the waitress and nodded his head to her before he spoke one thing to her.

"Thanks for the food. If I ever come back this way, I'll make sure to stop in again." He said before he walked out after Eris.

Opening the car door she got in and waited for Thanatos to follow suit. The digital clock said it was 3 pm so she wouldn't be able to talk until at least 6pm. Somehow she had managed to lose her own bet and would now have to drive in silence for the next three hours. He was probably giddy with not having to hear her chatter but she was going to be more then just a little frustrated. This was going to be a very long and very quite drive.

Her cellphone pinged as she pulled it out of her pocket and read the quick text message that was on the screen. Her brows furrowed as she bit her lip in concentration as she read over the illuminated words. Well fuck it all, if things couldn't have gotten worse they just did. Sai was on their trail and the man that Thanatos had taken down before had been retrieved as well. She was really going to have to stay off the main roads if she wanted to avoid detection. Luckily they didn't know just where she was heading but the less chances taken the better.

Quickly she put her cellphone away before Thanatos came out and buckled her seat belt as she waited for him to get in so they could leave. Smug little son of a bitch she thought as she looked over at him. Admittedly it was her own damn fault but that didn't mean she couldn't hold it against him.

Once outside, there wasn't so much a look of giddiness as Eris might have suspected. Rather, it was just the exact opposite once he arrived over to her car and got into the passenger seat. It actually looked as though that Thanatos actually looked apologetic for what he did back there in the diner. It was further indicated by a shake of his head and a sigh before he looked over to Eris and spoke to her directly.

"You know, that wasn't really fair of me to do that." He said with a bit of a merciful look on his face. "And for that, I'm sorry." He added before he then glanced back to the front of the vehicle with the same expression.

Eris arched her eyebrow as she watched Thanatos get into the car and talk. This was definitely something that she wasn't expecting. She had been planning for a sarcastic remark and a little smirk thrown in but this definitely wasn't it. Biting her lip a bit she reached into the backseat where her knapsack was and pulled out a notebook and a pen before she began to scribble on it. After a minute of writing she turned it around to let him read.

'A deal's a deal. Enjoy your silence for the next three hours. mwahaha! '

The pout was gone and she was grinning at him again before throwing the notebook back in the backseat before shifting into reverse and backing out of the parking lot. At least now they were fed and she could get back to driving on their way to Chicago. They still had a ways to go and she'd have to be on the lookout for a place to crash over night. Eris had no intention of driving through the night with all these people out after them. For now she just leaned back in the seat and drove at a normal speed while trying to get the events of the past 20 minutes out of her head. She'd kissed him and he had accidentally groped her, how in the hell was she going to explain this later?

Another frown was all he had given in reaction to what Eris wrote to him, sighing in reaction before he shook his head once more then glanced ahead of him. But, at least now he was now given time toe reflect not just on the past 20 minutes of what had happened and how it got to this point, but he also began to think over the last couple of weeks. So much had been on his mind as of recently ever since having escaped that facility and for what? All because he was deemed far too dangerous? Maybe there was something more that was involved, but the more that he began to think about it, the more that Thanatos really couldn't figure out what it was that had pushed everything this far.

Soon enough, Thanatos's expression changed once more as he became lost within his thoughts as he then leaned back into the seat and curled his hands in back of his head before he gave a small sigh.

A manicured finger tapped against the steering wheel as she changed lanes to pass a large semi in front of them. The roads were pretty much empty except for the random truck here and there or the lost tourist who was pulling out their map. In the silence Eris had enough time to go over the next few days in her head and just what was supposed to happen. For a small second she actually felt a tinge of regret for what she was leading Thanatos into though she was quick to squash that feeling. It was easy lying to him when he was an asshole but it made it harder to do when he was acting like a normal person.

Looking down at the clock only an hour had passed and she frowned slightly. There were still two more to go and being alone with her own thoughts wasn't exactly a fun option right now. The more she thought about what was going to happen the more knots she got in her stomach.

Hearing a sight coming from her side she turned her head and quirked her head in a questioning manner. He'd probably just roll his eyes and go back to the window but at least it was a small break from the quiet.

In the time that had passed, Thanatos had closed his eyes in thought as Eris continued driving. His mind was firmly entrenched with all the things that had transpired for him even after all of this time. But by the time he felt a set of eyes on him, Thanatos glanced over to Eris when she looked at him and quirked an eyebrow at him questioningly, possibly in regards to what it was he was thinking about.

"I'm guessing you're wondering what it is I'm thinking about." He said, thusly breaking the silence. "Like I said, I'm still sorry about what happened earlier back in the diner. I didn't have a whole lot of room you gave me, but then again, I couldn't do much about it no matter how ya look at it." He added before he shrugged a bit before looking back to the road ahead of them.

She thought for a moment before flashing him a thumbs up. Right now that was as best as she could apologize about putting him in that situation and surprising him by kissing him. Honestly she was more shocked about the situation then she was angry. He obviously didn't like people touching him or invading his personal bubble and the fact that his hands had ended up there of all places was pretty funny.

If she could talk she would have teased him some more but luckily for him her mouth was still firmly shut for the next two hours. Still, before this whole thing was over she still had every intention of getting him to smile at least once. He was always so serious about everything that it didn't seem like he actually took a moment to enjoy anything in life. Sure his life had been hell but then again she spent most of her time traveling around the world and killing people for a living. Things like that could really mess you up if you didn't find at least something to smile about.

Thanatos blinked at her for a moment when he was given a thumbs up from Eris. For some reason, it honestly perplexed him that she would actually just wave it off like it was nothing. A bit of a shrug was given in reply before he reached a hand back and itched the back of his head in thought for a moment. Something about this wasn't exactly adding up, but apparently, that awkwardness seemed o have made his life a little bit easier.

A little more thought came over him for the time being before the next unexpected thing occurred. Thanatos glanced over to Eris and gave her side a little nudge before smiling at her naturally. "You know Eris, you're alright. I guess you're not as bad as I thought." He said in an honest tone of voice.

She glanced to her side as she felt him nudge her only to be met with a sight she wouldn't think she'd see any time soon. Holy crap, he's actually smiling! Eris grinned from ear to ear as she listened to him and would have probably said something in the like if she could actually talk. Apparently losing that bet was the best thing that had happened to her today.

Looking down at the clock she saw that another hour had passed and she still had one more to go before she could talk again. Right now though she was thinking about letting it go on just a little more. Apparently he opened up more when she learned to keep her mouth shut. Still, the text she had received earlier was still annoying her. Sai would probably be on their trail by now and she was always on the look out now for anything suspicious. When it came to someone like Sai you could never be too careful or let your guard down for a moment.

Thanatos would then also glance over to clock on the dashboard, seeing that she only had an hour left on her bet. Hopefully it would be a relatively short hour. Besides, there was a part of him that seemed to enjoy having her chirp at him, even if it seemed a bit annoying at times. But when she got too annoying would be when he thought about giving her a swift bop on the head for her to button it for a little while.

After a moment, Thanatos then glanced back up to the road once more, seemingly a bit more relaxed than he was previously. He hadn't understood why he felt like it, but apparently, whatever happened between them in the diner seemed to have rubbed off on him a little bit.

They drove in relative silence for the remainder of the time and Eris actually found herself enjoying it. Ever since the diner the confrontational atmosphere had calmed down quite a bit and Thanatos had even lightened up some. Funny, all it took was for him to grope her and for her to kiss him. Her eyes went to the clock as she watched the minutes count down until it finally turned to 6:00 pm and she was able to talk.

"Freedom!" She said happily with a small giggle as she turned to him before looking back on the road. The sun was starting to go down and she would really like to be off the road before darkness set. She wasn't worried about random hitchhikers but she wanted to find a motel to crash at since they were in the backwoods and they would be few and far between.

Yet her thoughts were soon cut short as a car came barreling behind them and slammed into them. "Fuck!" Eris yelled as she struggled to control the wheel and make sure they didn't get off road. The other car hit their side again, intent of getting them to stop even if it meant killing them in the process. Eris was jostled in her seat as the car veered off road and towards one of the trees at the side of the road. Stepping on the brakes quickly she turned the wheel to a sharp right but wasn't able to stop the car from slamming into a mighty tree on the driver's side. As she jostled from side to side she could feel some blood coming off her lip when she had slammed against the steering wheel during the crash.

The car behind them stopped only a couple of feet away as three figures came out. Two of them were wearing nondescript black outfits and seemed to have more muscle then brain while the third one was altogether more frightening. He wore a sleek black suit and had his black hair trimmed neatly into a crew cut which gave him the appearance of being in his mid thirties. Even in the fading sun he wore a pair of black sunglasses and in his right hand was clasped a Halberd. "S...Sai." Eris said groggily as she caught sight of him in the rear view window. Dammit, they were royally fucked.

Soon after he heard Eris's voice, that same smile was still on his face even as the road itself seemed to get more and more lonesome as they entered the backwoods area. But where in particular wasn't exactly known to him, but at this point he didn't even seem to care. It actually felt that he was genuinely happy for the time being, despite all of the hell he had been through ever since he was first created. "See? Three hours isn't all that bad now, innit?" He asked her with the same smile on his face before looking back to the road once more.

That moment of bliss, it would seem, would only be that. A moment. The following moment that soon replaced it was in the form of a something heavy slamming into the back of them, causing Thanatos to glance in back of him with a look of shock on his face before he immediately scowled as he then saw the same vehicle come around to their side and deliberately slam into the side, forcing the two off of the road and slam into a tree.

At the last second before the car hit it, Thanatos's eyes became that wicked shade of gold once more as he then - upon instinct - grabbed his katana's sheath and then suddenly sliced a large enough hole through the roof as though it was nothing more than a hot knife through butter before suddenly leaping out through the hole he made, watching as the car Eris was driving barreled hard into the tree. "No...!" He said aloud as he then dropped onto the ground unharmed for the most part before he glanced down at the other vehicle that stopped not more than several feet beside them. Three individuals stepped out of the vehicle and only two of them looked a bit more muscular than the one he saw brandishing a halberd.

A sharp frown and hateful glare was aimed at the trio as he shifted the sheath of the katana up onto his back while he clenched his prized weapon tightly in his right hand. "I don't know who you all are, but I'm giving you three seconds - exactly three fucking seconds to get the fuck out of here now before I unscrew your heads and shit down your necks!" He added as the irises of his eyes began to narrow vertically, giving him an appearance of a demon of some sort that was raised from the bowels of hell itself.

The man merely clapped his hands in applause as he looked over at the wreckage they had just caused. "Thanatos Von Howitzer I presume? My my, it is a pleasure to finally meet you." Sai said with a chuckle as he took a step towards the younger man. He took of his shades and placed them neatly in his suit pocket and bright green eyes assessed Thanatos the way a large cat would a small mouse. "I've heard so much about you and I do have to say that you don't disappoint." His tone was condescending at best as if he was talking to a small child who was trying to act like a grown up. Everything about the man was predatory from the way he held his weapon to the confident stance he had while looking at the younger boy.

Sai's eyes were drawn to the wreckage as Eris gingerly climbed out with her own saber in hand. "Hey kid, long time no see." He called out to her as she walked towards him. "Burn in hell you son of a bitch." Eris barked angrily as she wiped the blood off of her lip. The two men behind Sai drew their own swords in retaliation to Eris's presence. It seemed like a line had been drawn in the sand and no one dared to move for what seemed like a good minute. Sai still had a smile on his face as he looked at the duo with amusement. "Funny Eris. I thought you would have had higher standards." He taunted as he pointed towards Thanatos. In truth Sai had been eager to see this mission through ever since he heard about the soldier. A chance to pit himself up against someone so renowned for his skill was once in a lifetime and he wasn't going to let them go without one hell of a fight.

Sai hoisted his halberd over his shoulder as he took a good look at Thanatos. "Now that's not a nice thing to say to your elders boy. It seems I'm going to have to teach you some manners before I cut off that pretty little head of yours." He chuckled again before brandishing his halberd and running towards Thanatos at full force. With the halberd firmly in grip he jumped in the air before pointing it down where Thanatos was at an inhuman speed. The boy might be genetically modified to be a super fighter but Sai had quite a few tricks up his sleeve and he meant for this fight to be a very brutal one. He took pleasure in his job and would enjoy cutting Thanatos up into little pieces before dealing with Eris.

The two men behind Sai got ready to attack as well though not before Eris rushed towards them with her own saber. Sure she was smaller then them but she was also faster and probably a hell of a lot smarter as well. The larger of his two rushed towards her and the sound of metal clanging against metal echoed in the dark highway as the two met with their swords drawn. The man slashed down vertically while the girl did a quick back flip and just narrowly missed in incoming blade. She retaliated with a quick kick to the stomach which had him bowed over in pain as he struggled to get back on his feet.

"Well, then I guess it seems as though if we're gonna be at odds with each other for this one. I just hope for your sake that you bring your A-Game, because I am not going to hold back." Thanatos warned as each every muscle began to tense throughout his body. But even before he made a move, a frown was still on his face before he shifted the blade back a moment so that the blade was facing backward for a moment then gave his opponent grudgingly but respectful bow then assumed his defensive stance. "Now that the formalities are out of the way, let's see what you're made of!" He added as his muscles tensed up even further while he clutched the katana tightly in his hands.

And just as soon as he spoke, he watched as Sai began to make his move, this being running at him at full force then saw him leap high into the air, aiming his halberd straight down at Thanatos. His eyes only narrowed a little more before he made his reaction. Thanatos jumped back in a sudden burst of speed first off before he made a counter move of his own, this being lunging at Sai at an extremely high speed with his katana's point aiming for Sai's head and clutching the katana tightly in his left hand.

Sai was still grinning as he looked down at the thin air where Thanatos had once been. The boy was quicker then he had thought and that would just serve to make this all that more interesting. Looking up he saw the golden eyes narrow before Thanatos rushed at him with another impressive burst of speed as his katana was aimed right at Sai's head. Quickly the man flipped his halberd so the tip was pointing down and used it as a sort of javelin to propel himself up in the air and out of the way of Thanatos' attack. Even though the blade had missed his major organs he had felt the air cut by as the katana narrowly missed his neck. Putting a hand to his cheek Sai pulled it back and saw a thin trace of blood. Apparently the boy had managed to strike him even if it was just a scratch.

"Impressive, it's been quite a bit since anyone has actually been able to lay a hand on him." Sai said as he picked the halberd off the ground and twirled it in his hands. He was enjoying the fight to say the least and was looking forward to the moment when his halberd drove straight through Thanatos' body and killed him. Dropping down to a lower position Sai went at him again though this time he wove in a serpentine pattern to try and distract Thanatos. It looked like he was going to attack on his right before Sai suddenly turned left and thrust the blade directly at Thanatos' midsection.

As for Eris, she had successfully disarmed the first man and was now going up against the second. The clanging of metal could be heard again as each strike was met with a block as they went back and forth exchanging thrusts. She did a quick tuck and roll to get out of the way of his blade before jumping back on her feet and striking at him. The man managed to avoid her and landed his fist at her side causing her to get winded. She took a quick moment to recover before attacking him once again.

At first, it seemed as though Thanatos had scored the first and fatal blow on Sai, but instead found that his katana had banked off the halberd he was holding, causing Thanatos to stagger forward slightly due to a balance miscue on his part. Apparently, he had forgotten that a halberd of that size would give someone a significant reach advantage, but with the expert craftsmanship of his katana backing him, Thanatos knew he had a distinct advantage over him in terms of a weapon's durability if handled correctly. The problem with that is that he didn't know just what that weapon was made out of, but he was soon to find out at some point or another.

Thanatos kept his eyes aimed on Sai as he shifted his stance and dropped to a slightly lower one this time around before Thanatos adjusted his own stance, shifting into a lower stance of his own with the blade held back as if his intention was for a upward swipe from below. The serpentine movement of Sai's hardly caused Thanatos to flinch even the slightest before he spotted the next attack coming from him by trying to come at his left.

"SLOW!" Thanatos barked out before he reacted with incredible speed this time around, shoving the katana's blade to deflect the halberd's blade to shove Sai backward then made his move. As he shoved his blade forward, Thanatos would then raise his blade up high, threatening to strike downward. But even as he kept the blade up, the move was actually a fake. With the same amount of speed and power, Thanatos would then move the blade about until it was aimed at an angle then swiped down, aiming for his legs.

Sai's eyes widened in surprise as he felt himself being pushed back by the katana that deflected his halberd. The man found himself sprawled on the ground as his once pristine suit was now covered with streaks of dirt and gravel. Over the years his body had been trained to be a lethal fighting machine and yet he found himself sprawled on the ground like a rookie. The man's eyes narrowed in anger as he looked over at Thanatos and quickly reassessed what he was doing.

Sai lifted his halberd up to black the downward strike of the katana but realized too late that it was a trap. A sharp pain exploded in his right leg as he felt the cold metal pierce the soft flesh. A pool of blood was forming where his leg was as it leaked through the suit and formed a dark red stain on the black cloth. "You little bastard!" Sai yelled angrily as he moved his halberd and made a side sweep at Thanatos' legs.

Then with another movement he rolled himself over to the side as he quickly tried to stand up. More pain shot through his leg as he put pressure on it and he could already feel himself becoming a little disoriented from the blood loss. The wound would severely cut down his movements and he would be forced to play a defensive game instead of the offensive one he craved. Still, the man wasn't exactly known for playing fair. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a 9 mm Semi automatic and started firing it where Thanatos stood.

A savage looking grin was on Thanatos's face as he landed the critical blow to Sai's right leg. Now that he had seen blood forming where the cut was made, it was safe to assume that he was now like that of a shark that was on the prowl and waiting for the next meal that was heading his way and Sai was in the crosshairs.

When Sai attempted to get back up by trying to sweep him up from underneath, he would find that he swung at nothing but air as Thanatos jumped back from it easily. From there, Thanatos's hands were now tightly gripping on the katana as each muscle in his hands and arms were now pushed to a critical limit. Without warning, the katana's blade seemed as though it had a life of its own, rippling back and forth at an unheard of rate of speed as his hands barely seemed to be moving at all despite it looked as though they were flinching while the blade made a sound that was about on par with an Arizona Diamondback rattlesnake. It was quite the opposite.

Through the years that he was trained to use this weapon, Thanatos's muscle structure - according to the various research files - had an ability to accelerate to levels far beyond that of any other soldier that was in the program via a process known simply as hyperkineticism. It would probably explain why as to how he was able to move so fast to begin with. It was a dangerous process, but the skeletal structure of Thanatos's seemed to dampen the effects of the extreme speeds almost entirely without any side effects whatsoever. The only problem with it was that it consumed a great deal of stamina from those that use this technique.

Soon enough, Thanatos moved the katana from both hands to his right one all while the hyperkineticism was still taking place then squared his feet firmly side by side. "So tell me... What are you going to do about it?" He asked with the same grin on his face. The grin, however was short lived as Thanatos spotted Sai draw a pistol and aim it at him then fired repeatedly where he was.

A frown was now on his face as Thanatos began to walk over to Sai as the blade continued to ripple violently though the air. In sudden movements, Thanatos began whacking away each bullet as though it was nothing more than mere gnats as he continued to approach. 9mm bullets could now be seen literring the ground with each one that was fired at him, some split cleanly while other were simply deflected off of the high-grade steel while sparks flew from in front of him.

"You're pathetic." Thanatos said coldly as he continued to walk towards Sai.

"Im--Impossible!" Sai cried out angrily as he watched bullet after bullet being cut down by Thanatos. The speed that he moved at was unattainable by any normal human standards and the fact that he could cut down a bullet that was going at least 70mph made it all the more strange. Even with all his years of combat experience never before had Sai come across and enemy such as this. The thing in front of him was like no human he had ever seen and suddenly he found himself staring down a demon.

"Pathetic?" His blood was boiling in anger now and all he wanted to do was wipe that look off his face with one clean cut. Before he had only wanted to defeat Thanatos but now he wanted to hurt the other man as much as he possibly could. No one made him look like a fool and he sure as hell wasn't about to let some little brat show him up. The anger and the blood loss had made him irrational and caused him to start acting out recklessly. If he was thinking clearly he would have regrouped to give himself more space since the halberd had a longer reach then the katana. He would have also realized that Thanatos speed far outdid his own so rushing at him blindly would be the worst thing to do. Yet a man in anger isn't one who can be easily reasoned with and right now all Sai was seeing was red.

Throwing the gun angrily to the side he gripped the halberd firmly in hand as he prepared to plunge it into Thanatos heart. His right leg felt like it was on fire right now and his body was hurting like hell but at this moment he didn't even care. All he wanted to do was watch the life flow out of Thanatos as he cut him again and again. Angling backwards to give himself more thrust he pushed off the ground at top speed with the halberd held out like a harpoon and the target being Thanatos. His energy would be giving out soon so this might be his final attack and he was going to make sure it counted.

As for Eris, she had finished off the second goon though she was bleeding from a cut to her side by his sword. The girl was pretty much rooted in her spot as she watched the fight going on just a few feet next to her. Sai was hurt beyond repair and it looked like Thanatos was only just getting warmed up. Sure she knew that he was supposed to be a super fighter but never in her wildest dreams did she think he was up to this caliber.

Thanatos continued to walk towards Sai after the last bullet was fired at him even as the katana continued to ripple in the air like it was, just as if it had a life of its very own as he then lowered it to his right side. Even as the critical limit of his hyperkineticism was reached, Thanatos only pushed himself that much harder, blowing right through the normal safety buffer and further onward. The viper that was within him was coiled up and ready to strike.

As soon as he spotted Sai gearing up for perhaps one last move, Thanatos stopped in place and watched as Sai charged at him with the halberd extended and pointing his chest. A small smirk was given as Thanatos waited patiently for him to approach. When Sai got close enough, Thanatos struck after he seemed to vanish right in front of Sai's eyes and before he knew it, Thanatos stood right beside him with the Nightmare Reaver extended outward, seeming as though he hardly ever moved and his sword arm completely stilled.

In reality and within a slowed time frame, Thanatos had simply sidestepped Sai's charge and then aimed a consecutive series of slashes down at Sai's legs, ripping through flesh and bone with equal ease. Once he had passed through that, Thanatos had also swung rapidly through Sai's forearms. But even then, Thanatos wanted to put the exclamation point on this high speed series of moves. In that same series, Thanatos had also swung the katana right through his neck before he continued on with slashing through each and each part of his body.

Very slowly, Thanatos lowered the blade to his side as his eyes of gold had now reverted back to its normal state of pure obsidian before he looked over to Sai's halted body then walked over to him then said one thing to him. "Enjoy your first class ticket to the Resurrection. Maybe while you're there, you'll think about the error of your ways and you'll become a better person for it. Farewell." He said before he turned away from Sai and slid the side of the katana over the sheath then placed it inside.

nfn2io.gif

Sai didn't know what hit him until it was too late. One moment he had his halberd pointed squarely at Thanatos' chest and the next minute the other man was gone. His mind was slowly trying to comprehend what was going on before he felt an excruciating pain flow through him as it felt like his limbs were being torn from his body. Everywhere he looked he only saw blood and flesh as he was literally being cut to pieces by an enemy he couldn't even see. The last thing the man witnessed was a flash of gold before the lifeless head rolled on the pavement with those green eyes staring out into the sky.

The halberd had fallen in the middle of what was now a blood soaked pool though all of the blood belonged to it's master. The coppery scent filled the air and silence hung there for a moment as if nature itself was afraid to move for fear of what would happen.

Eris put a hand to her mouth as she backed away from the gruesome scene in front of her. The smell of blood filled her nose and she had to hold back her mouth in fear of losing her lunch at the sight in front of her. Thanatos had cut him to ribbons as if he was little more then a rag doll without any mercy. A small wave of relief washed over her as she watched the eerie gold fade into the normal black she had become accustomed to seeing on him. For a second the girl wondered if maybe she had made the wrong choice about fighting against Sai. That thing that had possessed Thanatos just moments before was merciless and inhuman and she wasn't so sure she wanted to be anywhere near it.

Still, a plan was a plan and she had to make sure they followed through on it. Sai wouldn't be the only one and the others would be coming after them soon enough. There were six in total with Sai being the lowest ranking and soon enough they would send the next one to hunt them down. "I...I think we need to find somewhere to stay for the night." Her voice wavered as she looked over at Thanatos, fear still present in her eyes. After all his threats to her she had become accustomed to them and saw them as nothing more then a joke but right now she saw just what he was capable of doing.

For the most part, Thanatos had walked over to Eris with a blank expression on his face as he moved, seeing Eris nearby after nearly having vomited in front of herself. It was no surprise to him that she would've seen him do such a thing in front of her, but that was what happened.

Thanatos blinked only once as he knelt down to Eris and looked over her injuries from earlier. She was pretty roughed from the looks of things, so it was imperative that she was taken to someplace safe and then let her rest. Without another word, Thanatos extended his hands out to her and picked her body up off of the ground and cradled her there before he looked from side to side, pondering where it was he could go to. They were in the backwoods area now, and the closest thing that would resemble any civilization had to be hundred of miles apart from where they were currently.

From the looks of things, the vehicle that Sai and his two other goons were occupying before seemed to still run, despite the damage that was done to it. In silence, Thanatos walked over to it with the same look on his face as he moved to the passenger side of the vehicle and opened the door before placing her inside of it then shut it once she was in. After that, Thanatos walked over to the driver side of the car and opened it before he slid inside the driver seat, seeing that the keys were still in the ignition. With a twist of the keys, he started the car up before he pressed the gas slowly, driving away from the scene.

The girl almost protested when he picked her up but by that point she was too tired and worn out to really care. After all they had been through that day all she really wanted was sleep for the next eight hours and wake up realizing it was all a dream and that she was really on assignment in Aruba. Even that seemed incredibly far-fetched to her but that didn't mean she couldn't keep believing it. Mostly she just wanted to get as far away from the dead bodies as possible. Besides, she grudgingly had to admit that it did feel better to be carried instead of having to walk on what was looking to be a swollen ankle. Apparently those assholes had done more damage then she had first thought.

She let him place her inside and then buckled her seat belt as she waited for him to get in the drivers seat before they headed off. "There should be a truck stop about ten miles up the road. It wont be pretty but they probably have a motel or something we can crash at." She stifled a yawn as she leaned back in her seat and watched the shadows of the trees pass by the window. Too much had happened today to really make sense of and her body was too sore to let her mind try to reason things out.

Right now would have been a good time to see if anyone else was after them or try to get in contact with headquarters about what was going on but her mind was too exhausted and her body was too hurt to even bother. Looking over to the side she couldn't help but wonder how Thanatos was holding up. He had dodged everything that Sai had thrown at him and looked as if he could go another round but surely even he had to have his breaking point right?

Thanatos nodded once when she told him there was a place for the two of them to hold up in for a little while. With that in mind, he eased back into the driver's seat with his eyes completely fixed on the road and was completely silent. The odd truth of it was, considering he used an extremely merciless and deadly attack, he was actually exhausted himself. Besides, revving your body up like that does in fact burn quite a bit of energy.

As he continued to drive, the exhaustion factor seemed to gradually increase over time, but Thanatos remained focused to find the truck stop, pull in and then get over to the motel therein. The ten miles was a bit of a walk in the park, but the fact of the matter of it was once he arrived in the truck stop and parked in it some time later after shutting the car off, Thanatos leaned over in the driver's seat and placed his forearms up on the steering wheel followed by his his face. Apparently, he was a little more worn out than he thought, especially after all of what he had done previously in order for him to survive.

Still, at least he was thankful for finally arriving here.

Back
Top Bottom