Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mission Codename: Cannon Fodder (BlisteredBlood & Devxx)

Her breathing calmed down a bit as she lifted her head up and looked over at him. She was spent yet somehow it seemed as if he was harder then ever before. "You really aren't human are you?" She asked in a wondering voice as she looked him up and down. Blue eyes narrowed in anger slightly as she still felt him hard as a rock inside of her. This was becoming a challenge to her and dammit she still planned on winning this whole thing. His stamina was incredible and apparently training under hellish conditions had only helped in this situation as well.

Sighing slightly she ran a hand through his hair and watched the black locks flow through her fingers as her mind reeled as to what to do next. Already she could feel her energy returning to her as her body pressed up against his once more. "I'm never going to win, am I?" Eris asked with a pout as she poked his bare chest with her index finger. Thanatos might be faster and stronger then her but that didn't mean she couldn't beat him out in something. Suddenly, a mischievous smile spread on her face as her eyes lit up with an idea. Still smiling she raised herself on her knees until he slipped out of her before she turned her back to him and laid down on her hands and knees before shaking her ass at him a little. This was a game now and she had every intention of winning it no matter what.

It took him a good while, but Thanatos's breath would eventually calm down as well from all of their current activity. "Never said I was normal in the beginning," Thanatos answered jokingly as his eyes opened a bit to catch Eris looking him up and down with a slight degree of anger in them. "But when you put it like that, I guess that's justified." He added with a small grin on his face.

"You'll win sometime soon, I believe. Besides, I think you did a pretty good number on me when you were riding me like a horse a few seconds ago. Though I think I might have cheated there, since I was helping you out with it." He teased again after he felt her body press up against his own then glanced down as he felt her finger press into his chest. Looking back up at her once more, Thanatos noticed the little twinkle of an idea forming in her eyes and before he asked her what she was planning on now, he felt her slide her folds off of his length, causing him to hiss out a little bit then watched as she turned around to aim her slightly wiggling ass at him. A grin was now on his face before he shook his head in amazement for a moment.

"Sheesh. After all of that, you're still wanting to continue? I figured you would've passed out on me, unless if you're not as normal as you say you are." Thanatos commented as he lifted a hand up to Eris's ass and offered it a light spank.

"Now when did I ever say I was normal? Traveling across the country with a super soldier while avoiding evil organizations to fake someone's death doesn't exactly strike me as the status quo." She mused before arching her back slightly from the light spank. Yes, she wasn't exactly the most normal person in the world to begin with but she still had him beat on that respect.

"Pft, you're lucky I haven't Duck Tapped you to the bed. Actually, that might not be such a bad idea..." Eris raised her head slightly and looked off to the side as if she was deep in thought. Could the most powerful adhesive substance known to man contain Thanatos? Would she dare pit the awesome might of the tape against a genetically modified soldier just to mess with him. Fuck it, he'd probably still be able to break free with a cocky grin on his face as he lorded it over her. No, sadly that wasn't an option right now.

"See, I would just leave you alone to deal with that yourself," Eris said as she gave a pointed look at his still hard member "but I really do hate leaving a job half done." Besides, she still wanted to beat him in at least one thing through out this whole trip.

"Heh. No, that wouldn't be of the norm, either." Thanatos answered with a smile as he began to lightly rub her ass after spanking it, watching Eris as she arched her back somewhat towards him. "Besides, I think that would be somewhat odd if that were the case, eh?" He then asked before blinking when she mentioned that she would've wanted to use duct tape on him.

Soon enough, Thanatos gave a chuckle and shook his head a bit with a smile at her before he spoke. "My, my. Someone's in a bit of a kinky mood. Maybe I should let you just so you can say that you finally say you got me for once. Sound fair to you?"

"You're also right about leaving a job half done. I hate it myself, so what say I follow through to the end, eh?" He asked as he then moved himself around slowly to perch himself on top of her from behind. With that, Thanatos lowered a hand to his length and took a hold of it, raised it up enough so that the tip was pointed towards her slickened folds then pressed his tip into it for a moment then began to slide it inside, hissing out lightly.

"I'd say it would be fair but you'd probably cheat." Eris said as she turned around and stuck her tongue out at him in a teasing manner. No, even the great power of Duck Tape would be able to hold him down. A small shiver passed through her as she felt his hand rub her ass and her expression quickly turned into a grin.

"Hm, I think you just read my mind." she said with a sly grin as she felt him move behind her and position himself on top of her. Eris let out a small gasp as she felt his tip press against her before he slowly slid into her. Her hands gripped the sheets beneath her as she swallowed hard waiting for him to slide deeper inside of her. She was still wet from before as her body pressed up against him willing him to go in deeper still.

"I do hope you realize that after tonight I'm definitely making sure you're visiting me in Maui. Then we can have some real fun on the beach." She took another sharp breath before giving a small moan as she lowered her top half lower to the bed and pushed her bottom half up a bit more giving him better access. Eris bit her lip and buried her head in the sheets as she let him take control from his end. After riding him earlier she was more then happy to see just what Thanatos could do when it didn't involve swords and fighting.

Thanatos smirked at Eris when she said to him that he would probably cheat his way out of that. "Oh alright, so I would." He admitted with a grin on his face. Really and truly, he most definitely would. After all, who would just lay there and just be subjected to what a woman like Eris wanted when he could just give it to her flat out? Didn't seem to make much sense now, did it?

Much to his own shock once he was sliding deeper inside of Eris's insides, Thanatos would soon find out that despite all that happened earlier, she was still saturated. That same smile was on his face as he adjusted his hips around when she moved about to give him more access within her body. Soon enough, Thanatos would then slide his length further inside of Eris's slit, perhaps a lot more further than she thought she had from earlier. As a result of that, Eris would soon feel his tip coming into contact with her g-spot once he slid his length completely inside, stopping only when she mentioned to him that he had better visit her in Maui.

"You know, I think I'll definitely consider it." He answered before he leaned in closely and whispered into Eris's ear softly. "Especially for that fun on the beach..." He added while his hands lowered down to her flat and smooth stomach, rubbing it a bit before then moved further downward to her hips and gripped onto them securely. With that, Thanatos began to move his hips slowly at first so as build into a nice and steady rhythm at first.

Blue eyes widened in surprise as she felt Thanatos slide in deeper then he ever had before. She squirmed slightly from her position as she felt his length slide inside of her inch by inch. Dammit he was big and she could feel her body contracting around him and squeezing him as it adjusted to having him inside her once again. Her cheeks were flushed and she was breathing hard once again as she pushed up against him.

When he hit her g-spot though she had to bury her head in one of the pillows to keep from screaming out in pleasure. Eris moaned out into the pillow as her nails dug into it causing her to arch her back even more as waves of pleasure flowed through her. "Dammit." She muttered as she let out a small whimper as she felt his hands on her stomach rubbing it a bit. All thoughts of beating him were out of her head now considering he was in a much better position of control while he had her on the bed whimpering like a little school girl. She would have teased him or said something sarcastic but his member felt so good inside of her that all she wanted was to feel him move inside of her.

"Now you're just being mean." The girl said as she twisted her head to the side so she could give him a halfhearted glare. His hands on her hips sent small bits of electricity flowing through her and the slow and steady pace was teasing her and making her buck her hips against him trying to get him to move a bit faster. This might have been revenge for her teasing him earlier but that didn't mean she'd admit it. "Thanatos...f-faster." Eris moaned out, taking a deep breath as she pushed up against him.

"Oh yeah?" Thanatos spoke with a grin on his face as he watched Eris turn her head up to him and give him that halfhearted glare. "If I'm such a meanie, then explain those times when you were being mean to me, eh?" He asked as he then felt her insides constrict around him snugly for a moment as she attempted to adjust to having his length within her body once again. It was definitely a sight to see - let alone hear her - behaving like the way she was at the time, but dammit, he wasn't going to pass this up for a second.

Thanatos's continual thrusts remained slow and steady with a purpose. He had to try and get used to the tightness Eris's body still possessed even after she rode him so furiously earlier. For the most part, it remained that way until he heard Eris moaning out to him to go faster than he was currently. Without another word, Thanatos would indeed go faster, but only with steadily increasing speeds so that he could also adjust to her tightly constricting insides.

When he felt as though that he had adjusted enough, Thanatos began to put a little more "oomph" behind each thrust now, enough so that their hips were connecting with moderate sounding slap and every time from here on in before he also gave out a moan of his own then leaned downward as his hands continued to retain their grip on Eris's stomach, his breath being caught within the back of his throat as he continued to move.

“I was never mean to you.” Eris tried to say as innocently as possible even if there was a small smirk on her face. Admittedly these past few days she had probably put him through hell but at least it was better then haunting an old, abandoned warehouse for the rest of his life. A small gasp escaped her as she felt Thanatos adjust himself behind her. With all her jokes at him before the man obviously knew what he was doing making her wonder exactly what his training had entailed. Maybe after they went through weapons and combat training they also had to take fucking 101.

She would have told him so if it weren’t then that she felt his speed starting to increase as he started to thrust deeper into her while his hands still gripped on her body. Her own hands dug deeper into the covers as she could hear a slight slapping noise from his body connected with her own. She licked her lips slightly as her breathing was heavier while she heard him moan behind her. Leaning down a little more her own body moved in rhythm with his making her moan even louder.

If this kept up she wouldn’t be able to last much longer and he probably knew it. Her flesh was tingling as electricity flowed in her veins driving her crazy. Her mind was clouded now with thoughts of nothing more then him inside of her. “I…I.” Eris couldn’t even finish her sentence as another low moan came out of her as she pressed her breasts against the bed arching her back against him.

A small grin was all Thanatos could conjure up as he continued to thrust within Eris's insides, the overall feeling sending nothing but jolts of pleasure running through him. It wasn't exactly clear as to what his training involved, but fucking wasn't exactly one of them! Soon enough, Thanatos's hands tightened their grip upon the sides of Eris's stomach as he continued to thrust, his eyes tightened shut and his breath becoming increasingly ragged and his length flexing harder and harder now in contrast to her insides threatening to clamp down on him to the point where he would be stuck within her for quite some time. But at this point, it hardly seemed to have mattered.

Soon enough, his length began to pulse aggressively as the buildup of his cum was threatening to reach a critical point. With that in mind, Thanatos would then wrap his arms around her stomach tightly as he continued onward, trying as hard as he could to push through the sheer amount of bliss coursing through his body.

Her eyes were closed shut as she buried her head further into the pillow with each thrust. Already she could feel her heart beating like crazy almost feeling like it was going to beat out of her chest just from the sheer force of everything. Whatever comebacks or sarcastic comments she might have had before all but died in her throat instead replaced by happy sighs. “God…d..dammit.” Eris muttered as she felt his hands wrap around her tighter while he pulsed inside of her. As hard as she tried to calm herself down there was no way she was going to be able to last much longer. Thanatos was a lot better then she had expected and his stamina was giving her a run for her money.

"I'm going to cum." Eris moaned again for the second time in the past hour. He had pushed her to the brink and every part of her body was screaming out for release. Her nails dug deep into the bed as she thrust her hips against his willing for one more powerful thrust before she finally felt herself climax.

At that point, Thanatos's body was literally being pushed into limits that were almost unheard of. Every sense he possessed - even if it was just what he could feel, taste, see, smell and hear however enhanced most of those senses were - was overclocked of him nearly feeling as though he was about to merge with her. His heart was beating so fast that it felt as though it was more like an enraged gorilla thrashing about its cage violently trying to break free. It was rather surprising even for him to see that Eris was keeping up with him for this long, but even he was well aware that even she couldn't take much more of this.

As soon as he heard her say that for the second time within the past hour, Thanatos attempted to brace himself for it. Upon feeling her hips buck up against his own as he drove in one last hard thrust, he could once again feel her climax rip through her once more. But the strange thing of it was, he was already peaking towards an orgasm himself. Due to the overall sensitivity and without warning, Thanatos eventually found the sweet merciful release of his own, unloading a powerful surge of his semen inside of her, nearly screaming out in sheer bliss as he did so.

She gasped softly as she felt him reach his own release right after her's. Already she could feel the after effects of of her climax rippling through her body as she finally let go of the sheets and rested her head against the pillow. Her whole body ached and she could feel the liquid running down her leg but there was still a smile on her face. Sure maybe she hadn't managed to beat him in this regard either but still got closer then anyone else had to actually besting him. "Wow." Was all Eris could say as she tried to catch her breath.

Turning her head she looked up at him with half-lidded eyes and reached her hand over to wrap her own finger's in his. It was late and later today they would have a meeting to finally go over the rest of the plan but for now she was just enjoying the silence in the room and the warmth flowing through her body. "Now I'm actually not so mad you groped me earlier. After this I think we're finally even, huh?" Eris said softly as she got up and nuzzled her head in his neck before kissing him on the cheek.

Their adventure was almost over and everything they had been through these past couple of days would finally come to fruition. Still, there was something in the back of her head that was eating her. Loki was still out there and so were the three other members of CROSS. Even if they managed to fake his death and fool the authorities would it be enough to fool them too? Well, there was only one way to find out and that was after they actually faked his death. For now all they could do was follow the plan and hope for the best.

For the most part, Thanatos remained where he was, his body hovering over her own despite the fact that his body was practically worn out from all of their activity. It was also a bit of a surprise to him that days before, they were almost at each other's throats and now, here they where. An eye opened before he glanced over to the digital clock on the counter, seeing that it was indeed rather late. He knew that sometime relatively soon, he would be with whomever would be orchestrating this little plan of theirs, where Thanatos would have to showcase his skills before the world long enough until he would take the biggest plunge that any human - enhanced or not - would be able to take.

At the feeling of Eris's hand touching his own, Thanatos turned his head back over to her face and smiled at her gently for the time being before he gave a chuckle to her words. "I guess so." He answered with the same smile as he felt her nuzzle into his neck and then kiss him on the cheek.

Yawning slightly she brought her hand to her mouth before stretching her arms behind her head and laying back down on the bed. She was exhausted from everything that had happened today and the soft bed felt like heaven on her tired body. It was late and her eyes were slowly closing as she struggled to keep them open and stay awake. "Let's try to get a little sleep before we have to meet up with the rest of them. No like you actually sleep." Eris said with a soft giggle as she got under the covers and pulled them up to her neck. It was nice to go to sleep in a clean hotel and not have to worry about roaches crawling up here or there or wondering when the next attack was going to come. She was exhausted both in body and mind but it still felt nice having Thanatos here with her.

Snuggling up in the covers she looked up at him with lidded eyes as if trying to memorize his features. Who knew just what was going to happen later on today and if they were ever even going to see each other again. There were so many options of what could happen and even if he did survive who knew if they would actually see each other again. Too bad, she had finally gotten used to him and soon she'd have to help him fake his own death. Oh well, there was time to think about that later and for now she just wanted to go to sleep still in the warm after glow of their trip.

"We might as well. Besides, we have a lot to do in the morning." Thanatos answered as he eventually slid off of Eris's body, sighing once his body eventually hit the mattress then turned himself onto his back, sprawling his arms outward as his eyes closed not in sleep, but rather in thought. Considering all that had happened between then and now, there was still quite a bit that was burning in his mind. Most of which was stemming from that fact that even if everything went as planned, how long would it be before he and Eris would be able to see each other again? There would be no way of knowing for sure, but the fact that he was just hours away from finally being able to move about without detection made him breathe a small sigh of relief.

All of these thoughts swirled in his head as he laid there, looking up at the ceiling as if someone beyond the sky knew his fate. Would he survive the fall from the top of the Sears Tower? Would he plummet to his death? Would his corpse be found by those that were looking for him, or maybe there would be someone that would swoop in and interrupt the fall or possibly, he would survive the fall and rise up from the waters of Lake Michigan like some vampire. At this rate, no one really knew. Besides, there was too many factors to consider.

For now, Thanatos laid there on the bed within his thoughts.

Eris sighed softly as she felt the bed shift in weight when Thanatos finally laid down. Closing her eyes she leaned her head against his shoulder and wrapped her arm around his own. There were still so many things to think about and they'd have a busy day ahead of them but right now she really didn't care about it. This whole trip had been completely exhausting and she could feel herself slip in and out of consciousness as she blinked her eyes open only to close them again in a couple of seconds. With Thanatos next to her she just pressed against him before finally letting her body get the rest it craved as slumber finally took her.

--------------

Blinking groggily Eris turned her head to the right as she heard a piercing noise break through the silence and jolt her from the dream she had been having. An annoying screech echoed through the room that seemed to be coming from the pile of clothes she had off near the table. Rubbing her eyes it took Eris a bit to figure out just what the hell that noise was before remembering that it was a ring tone specially assigned to someone in particular. "Fuck." She mumbled angrily before pushing off the covers and trudging over to the pile of clothes. Throwing her shirt aside and reaching into the pocket of her pants she managed to pull out her cellphone and finally stop the infernal noise from causing any more pain. "Hello." She mumbled into the phone before a voice on the other line answered her. "Yeah, one hour. Got it." And with that short exchange she hung up the phone before putting it on the table.

"It's the big day sunshine." The girl said as she turned to Thanatos before reaching into her bag and trying to find a change of clothes. "How are you feeling?" Her tone was meant to sound light and cheery but there was something deeper in the loaded question. This day would determine if Thanatos could live the rest of his life as a free man or if he would actually live at all. It was a big day and even he had to be feeling something.

Throughout most of the night, Thanatos laid there on his back, looking up at the ceiling in contemplative thought. As far as he knew, there were far too many factors to take into consideration: One of them being if something were to go wrong with the plan. Some of the questions that were beginning to rise up within his mind was the fact that if he did survive the 1500 foot plunge into the murky depths of Lake Michigan, would he be in a conscious enough state to rise up from the water and be able to move around under his own power? Another thing that bothered him is if during the fall, would someone swoop in on a helicopter and prevent him from falling to his alleged death by throwing out a net to catch him? Also, if his pursuers were smart, would they conduct a search in order to find his body?

But soon enough, those questions were pushed out of Thanatos mind - for now, anyway - when he felt Eris curl up closely to him, watching as she drifted in and out of sleep. There was also another thing that bugged him just as much, too. What were her feelings toward him now, after all of the things they had been through throughout this whole trip? But then again, those questions could wait. She had a point in trying to get some rest. There was a lot to do in the morning.

Eventually, Thanatos closed his eyes, but not in sleep. Rather, his eyes were closed in contemplation for about a half hour more before he unknowingly fell asleep.

--------------

At the sound of a screech that broke through the silence, Thanatos's eyes shot open. Oddly enough, there wasn't any aggression in the immediate vicinity, but that screeching sound definitely got his attention the most. Slowly, he rose from the bed and placed a hand over his face, mumbling to himself incoherently for a few moments before he saw Eris come back into the bedroom.

A sigh would be Thanatos's reaction for the moment before he gave his answer. "I feel like I'm walking into my grave, but overall, I think I'll be alright." He answered with a mostly sarcastic yet joking tone of voice before he took his hand off of his face then smiled up at her. "How about yourself, eh? How do you feel today?" He asked as he eventually moved himself around so that his bare legs were hanging off the edge of the bed.

Walking to his grave; that sounded just about right. Really, that was exactly what he was going to do whether he survived or not was still up in the air. “Sore. Antsy.” Eris muttered as she reached her arm around to her shoulder and rubbed it a bit. She was still dead tired from last night but there was this chaotic energy running through her veins that had her wide awake as well. It felt so strange that their whole little adventure was coming to an end after all they’d been through these past couple of days. Still, she couldn’t say she was going to miss being chased around by people trying to kill her.

Reaching into her bag she found a change of clothes and quickly put them on before walking over to where Thanatos was. “For some reason I feel like Don’t Fear the Reaper should be playing on our way out of here.” Eris giggled slightly as she leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead. Hell, even the super soldier had to be at least a little anxious about what was going to happen and how he was going to get out of it alive. The supervisors had said they were going to take every precaution to make sure that everything would go off without a hitch but who knew what could go wrong. There would be cameras everywhere and hundreds of people looking on so they would need to be very careful.

“Get dressed. We’re meeting up with the group in an hour so we can go over everything and get this done with as soon as possible. Then you take a swan dive off the Sears Tower before collecting the reward money and heading off to Maui.” Grinning she walked over and finished getting all her stuff together while waiting for him to get dressed. They’d be out of here in no time and head to base and get this show on the road.

Thanatos blinked at the notion of hearing one of Blue Oyster Cult's famous songs playing on their way out of the hotel. Rather ironic, see as how that song hadn't been played since about 2025 due to the fact that nobody had paid much attention to classic rock anymore, resulting in many of the oldies stations to go belly up. A chuckle was all he gave before he shook his head a little bit before he thought of a reply, and when he did answer Eris, his answer came out like this.

"That or possibly Ain't No Grave Can Hold My Body Down." He joked while giving her a bit of a smile then stood up onto his bare feet, walked past her to the bathroom and then looked over to his clothes that were still in a pile from last night before going over, grabbing them all to then come back out and put them on one piece at a time. Once done after spending about five minutes to get everything all cinched together here and there, Thanatos glanced over to his katana and two crosses near the headrest and stepped over to them. He took the crosses off of the handguard and cradled the two necklaces in his left hand for a moment before he took the katana and placed it in one of the loops that hung from his pants, leaving it there to sit for now.

"You know," Thanatos began as he walked over to Eris with the two crosses in hand before looking up to her then handed them to her. "In case if I don't make it back, I wanted you to have these. Not gonna do me much good if I hit the water and don't come back up." He added with a bit of self deprecation.

Eris leaned against the table patiently as she waited for Thanatos to get dressed so they could go. They had finally reached the end of their little trip and the blood was flowing through her veins making her heart beat faster. She was antsy and just wanted to get this whole thing over with. There were still so many things to do that it was making her anxious to finally be done with it. What she wouldn’t give to just be able to skip ahead a month when everything was said and done. Sadly, this was something they needed to do and now was when things got really intense. Her eyes followed him as he walked over to the katana watching curiously as he palmed the crosses.

“What?” She said slightly confused as he held the crosses out to her. Of course he had been thinking about the possibility that he wouldn’t be making it back alive. It had been plaguing her mind for the past night so why wouldn’t it be on his as well. Gingerly she took a hold of the crosses before slipping them over her own neck. “How about I just keep them warm for you until you come visit me in Maui? Sort of a little insurance that you’ll keep your word.” Eris tried to make her tone as light as possible but there was still concern there. There was no assurance that he would make it back but she’d rather not dwell on that.

Picking up her stuff she led him out the door before taking the elevator down to the garage. The car was still there waiting for them when she unlocked the doors and climbed in while waiting for him to do the same. Checking the mirrors and buckling up she turned on the car before roaring out of there. The tall buildings swerved by as she moved the car here and there avoiding crazy taxies and pedestrians. Everyone was out enjoying a beautiful day having no idea just what was going on in the world around them.

Looking to her left she took a sharp turn to what looked like an abandoned building. Stopping the car she shut it off and waited two minutes before the car was suddenly surrounded by at least ten armed soldiers. A man with black glasses walked forward and gruffly asked for her ID. Reaching into her pocket she pulled out her wallet and took out an ID badge that was different from all the others. Nodding he looked over at Thanatos before motioning that they could get out of the car.

As soon as they got out they were surrounded and patted down to check for weapons. One of the men reached for Thanatos’ katana though he quickly backed away when the supervisor gave him a stern look. Obviously they had been expected.

“Follow me.” Eris said simply as the men stepped back while she motioned for Thanatos to follow. Walking towards the door it looked simple enough but a closer look would reveal that it was reinforced titanium and wouldn’t open without security clearance. Tapping the pad next to the door a screen lit up asking for a thumbprint and an eye scan. Sighing slightly Eris put her hand on the screen and waited for it to turn green before lowering her head so it could scan her eyes.

A mechanical voice echoed out that they were green before the door opened out revealing something very peculiar inside. What seemed like an abandoned building outside was actually a thriving and busy world inside. There were people moving left and right in uniform with weapons talking excitedly. Screens were lit up everywhere showing all sorts of images from different countries in the world and different people.

“Ah, I see you finally made it.” A gruff voice called out from their side. Turning a small grin spread on her face, as she looked the man up and down. He was at least in his sixties with gray hair and a face that showed he had led a very hard life. “Figured the kid here would have ended up getting the both of you killed.” The man said as he motioned his head towards Eris before stepping closer to Thanatos. The older man was almost his height and looked at Thanatos with cold eyes.

“Thanatos, I’d like you to meet Director Linnox, the leader of Nero.” Eris said as she motioned towards him.

“Well now, so you’re the famous Thanatos. It’s nice to meet you.” Linnox said as he held his hand out to the younger man.

A small smile was on Thanatos's face when he suggested this to her, shaking his head somewhat as he listened to her words. Well of course he would be thinking about the possibility of not being able to make it back. Why wouldn't he? Besides, surviving a 1500+ fall from one of the world's tallest buildings would definitely not be one of his defining moments in his life. If he did, then perhaps it would be. "I'll have to take your word for it. Besides, that'd be one hell of a incentive to live up to." He answered with the same smile on his face while following her out of the hotel room.

The ride over to the abandoned building was thankfully uneventful, aside from the few nutjob cab drivers here and there. If only they knew what was inside that lone vehicle was quite possibly the only reason as to why the world wasn't aware of his presence or even his abilities. But maybe after it was all said and done then maybe the people would awaken to what was going on and actually do something about it. But then again, there could be another one of those media blackouts that were ordered all across the country in order to keep things quiet once more, therefore disallowing the people from knowing the truth about him and others that could be out there.

At his left once it was taken, was the building in question. Thanatos's chin remained still even as he got out of the vehicle and began to follow Eris inside, taking slow and careful steps along the way. He didn't like how some of the watchmen here were trying to reach for his weapon of choice, but was oddly looking over to the supervisor that gave the other guard a stern look.

Thanatos then gave a quiet nod to Eris before he followed her inside, stopping at an oddly placed reinforced titanium door. Now who would put one of these out here, he wondered as he watched Eris open it by scanning her thumbprint and her eyes then followed her inside once more.

At the sound of a gruff sounding man, Thanatos looked over to the source, seeing a man that looked as though he had seen everything, been everywhere and even got the t-shirt to prove it. "Nice to meet you." Thanatos answered simply as he kept the same look trained on him before slowly taking his hand and offering it a slow handshake.

"Well, by now I'm sure Eris has given you the basics of what we're planning but if you follow me I can fill in all the rest." Linnox said as he motioned for the two of them to follow him. The man walked with a slight limp but he had an air of authority around him that made everyone around him stand at attention. The old man led them past the hallway and into one of the conference rooms where about three other people were seated at a large, circular table. There were computer screens off on the far wall which held images of the Sears Tower, Thanatos as well as some other people.

"As I'm sure you've been told, we want to fake your death while exposing this whole thing to the people at large. For too long the government has been keeping the public in the dark and it's time to shine the light and let the people decide for themselves. After this you'll get to live your life as a free man while having enough money to never worry about anything ever again." Linnox said simply before motioning to the man at the far left to stand up. The man was in his mid-forties with large glasses and short cropped hair. He seemed to be the type that was more at home in a lab then on the actual battlefield.

The man cleared his throat once before standing up and walking towards the screen. "At the top of the tower you will have a mock battle with one of our own agents. Of course we will make it look as real as possible and make sure that media attention will be focused on it. We already have a team in place that is ready to override all television outlets to make sure that no one tries to do another blackout again." It was important to make sure that the information got to the public without giving themselves away as the culprits. "Then, at the appointed time our agent will lunge at you and make it look like they hit you hard enough to push you off the tower." Again, it was important to make sure that everything looked as real as possible and no doubt real blood will have to be drawn to make that happen.

"To soften the fall we will outfit you with pressurized orbs. They have enough air pressure inside of them that when they're released they should be able to slow down your fall so you don't hit critical velocity and won't break your neck on contact with the water. Once you hit the water we will have a scuba team in place to get you and take you to safety. Of course it will be imperative that you leave a piece of evidence that you were there so a bloodied jacket or shirt should do just that. My team will take care of the rest." The man explained as he clicked a button and the screens changed to views of the lake as well as the gadgets he was talking about. "Now, we will take every precaution for your safety but there are still many dangers that you have to be aware of. You should be informed of everything before you make your decision."

Eris looked over at Thanatos and reached out her hand on his before giving it a small squeeze. They were pretty much asking him to commit suicide. Hell, if anyone could survive this whole thing it would be him but there were still so many things that could go wrong that they had no control over. Would he have gone this whole way just to leave at the very end stages? She couldn't blame him if he did. Hell, she wasn't sure she'd be able to go through with it all.

"Any questions?" The man asked as he looked over at Thanatos.

Thanatos retained his silence as he followed Linnox into the conference room, stopping once they arrived in the room and was shown the schematics of the Sears Tower and what was to happen. At that point, he lifted a hand up to his chin and itched it pensively as he continued to listen to the details that were given by the scientist in the room now. Judging from what he heard, it all sounded as if he was to go into a mock skirmish only to have someone make it look as though he was shoved off the top of the very building and commit suicide only to be saved by air bubbles and a scuba team.

That same expression on his face was soon turned to Eris as he felt her give his hand a squeeze before he looked over to the two men with a slightly narrow eyed expression on his face. At that, he shook his head before he spoke. "There's one thing I want to ask." Thanatos began. "That one and only thing is who's gonna be the person to shove me off the Sears Tower?" He then asked as he looked around the room.

"That would be me." The answer came from the man directly opposite of him who had been silent up until now. He had close cut black hair that seemed to be military issue and dark brown eyes that had been watching everything carefully. "My name is John Tetri and I'll have the pleasure of being your partner in this little scrimmage." With that the man merely nodded his head towards Thanatos in some sort of greeting. It seemed as if he wasn't much of a talker and seemed to prefer listening instead of explaining everything.

"Ah yes, Mr. Tetri is a former operative of the British SAS. He's had extensive training in multiple sorts of martial arts as well as mastery in fire arms as well as blades. I'm sure that between the two of you you'll be able to give a convincing show." The man explained as he turned to Thanatos. They needed someone who could match Thanatos blade for blade and actually make it look like the attacks were sticking. It was harder to fake a battle then to have a real one considering that they not only had to be mindful of everything around them but also of the damage they were creating.

Back
Top Bottom