Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fantasy RP --- Looking for Interest

Cecidius

Planetoid
I would like to lead a D&D themed fantasy roleplay. The world is of my own making, and for any D&D players, there are effectively no deities.

To clarify: Ao created this plane apart from all of the other planes, and thought "I wonder what would happen if no deific beings other than myself were able to affect this world", and hid it from the other gods. Since he's Ao, he's capable of doing so, and likely would. :) Also, there are the usual overlapping elemental planes, et al.: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Nine Hells, the Abyss, Celestia, Astral, Ethereal, Shadow, etc. However, they do not cross into the "known" planes: Faerun, Dragonlance, Greyhwak. These planes are basically mirror planes to the "known" elemental planes. Effectively the same, but with no deific influence.

"But Cecidius", you may ask, "How is it that the Nine Hells, the Abyss, and Celestia can exist without any divine beings residing within/controlling/leading them?"

I reply with: "Plot Device. Now shut up or you'll get caught in the cogs, chewed up, and spat back out." :)

So... any interest?

Really, people who are NOT familiar with the D&D settings can play, also. It's just a fantasy world without gods.

Interested, although I'd like to see more people interested as well. That, and I need to someone so I can tell them, "Your gods can't save you now!" before following up with an evil laugh.

And stuff...

Hmm... I played AD&D with my former boyfriend... Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, even Darksun and Ravenloft... And Planescape and SpellJammer!

OoooO
( ) ( )
<_ _>

Lol! So, Give some rules about the world, and I will have a look at the new D&D...

As long as I can claim a spot as a Drow Rogue (chaotic neutral) or something of a contradicting character, say a Tiefling Paladin (based off of the orc Shield of Innocence).

Just because there are no gods, doesnt mean that the people havent invented them to fill that empty space in their lives... Hundreds of conflicting religions would have risen, even with no true power behind them (Just like our world).

However... without dieties, there would be no divine classes, such a Clerics and Paladins... they would be replaced by the more mundane Priests and Knights.

I'm just sayin...

That depends on what system you choose to play through. If you're going by the 3rd or 3.5 revision, they do not necessarily need a divine entity to worship so long as they follow the conduct of a paladin (sticking to the main themes of being lawful good). By that set it would be plausible, but it is more politically correct to have them worship a good deity of some kind. o_O

I'm deifnitely up for playing. That is if this topic is still "alive".

Back
Top Bottom