Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What do you think of television currently?

Oh yeah, I avoid MTV and VH1 stuff. I like the inventive crime shows mostly. Leverage is good too.

I wish there was more good scifi on tv, SGU is ok but now all we get are these lost type shows. V is really the only big scifi besides stargate, battlestar and Dr Who to come out in the last 3 years. I like the modernized V, love dr who, wish stargate universe was better and i hate battlestar lol.

I'm actually quite happy with the critically acclaimed television drama/comedy that's out there, and most of it's on pay and cable channels. I love Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Archer. The latter two are coming back for second seasons, and Mad Men is a perennial Emmy contender.

Many critics agree that some of the best script writing today is not being done for the big screen, or the networks, but for particular kinds of cable and pay audiences. And I think they're right.

Those shows seasons are so short though and most of them get cancled before first season finishes. I need to watch some of those you listed, just got alot of other shows i'm in love with

Rm860 said:
Those shows seasons are so short though and most of them get cancled before first season finishes. I need to watch some of those you listed, just got alot of other shows i'm in love with

But I think compressing the season forces writers to be more economical, and thus put their best stuff into fewer episodes. It cuts out the fat.

I like The Daily Show/Colbert Report, Mythbusters, Jeopardy, Dexter, the bloody stuff on Discovery Health, Nova and some other stuff. I don't have much patience for watching TV because I don't have much patience for watching things at certain times, but I think I like quite a few shows.

Hero said:
The Walking Dead.

Nuff said.

OMFG, YES!

This is going to be my 'new' series. Now that Lost is over, I've been needing a new replacement show. This one is definitely that! The pilot was fantastic!!!

Walking dead though recreated for tv from a comic book looks good. Got two episodes on the comp just been waiting to get time for the lenghty pilot

Been trying to find a good non us or non uk show but haven't found one, there are plenty just nothing eye catching.

darkangel76 said:
You're going to love The Walking Dead once you give it a watch. I promise you, you will! :)

It's nice when they do adaptations well. :)

I'm hoping Game of Thrones will be well adapted. Coming next year, apparently.

terken said:
darkangel76 said:
You're going to love The Walking Dead once you give it a watch. I promise you, you will! :)

It's nice when they do adaptations well. :)

I'm hoping Game of Thrones will be well adapted. Coming next year, apparently.
It definitely is!!! Though I have to admit that I have not read the comics. But hearing that it's following them decently enough makes me all kinds of happy.

And you know... I haven't read Martin's 'Game Of Thrones'. It's on my 'to read list' though, that whole series is. lol. I've heard very good things about it and have been recced it by people who know my tastes in 'reading for enjoyment'.

darkangel76 said:
And you know... I haven't read Martin's 'Game Of Thrones'. It's on my 'to read list' though, that whole series is. lol. I've heard very good things about it and have been recced it by people who know my tastes in 'reading for enjoyment'.

*Whacks Da over the head with a copy of Game of Thrones*

READ IT, DAMN YOU, READ IT! LOL

terken said:
darkangel76 said:

*Whacks Da over the head with a copy of Game of Thrones*

READ IT, DAMN YOU, READ IT! LOL
EEEP!
*rubs the top of her head*
>.<

I will one of these day... eep!

Actually, my worst nightmare is that Martin will never finish the bloody series. He's up to four books, and I think he's planning on seven.

I wanna shake him by the neck and say, "DAMMIT, FINISH THE SERIES BEFORE YOU DIE!", lol.

Needs more
joss-whedon1.jpg

I haven't watched any TV since five years ago, it just seems like a waste of money to me.

H a r r i e t said:
Yuan said:
I haven't watched any TV since five years ago, it just seems like a waste of money to me.

You pay for internet, obviously. You can do like I do- watch all your TV online. ;D

No way...I'm a Pirate...I steal internet too!

Back
Top Bottom