Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trapped with the Enemy

She turned to give him a look the closer he got, he had good reason and she did agree with what he was saying. But to let him know that would be giving him to much credit. Instead she gave a nod and rest her back into his chest, feeling the extent of his muscles for the first time causing her to smile for only a moment. "Strong," she noted. Taking his offer she turned again this time pressing her breast to his chest she got comfortable with him, being use to the finer side of bedding. She knew that for now he was an allied enemy, and anything that were to happen here was here, not up there.

"anything in these caves particularly like to eat men in their sleep", he asked as they got closer for warmth.

The cave whistled lowly. In his land it ment that there was a draft. However this new world, was something different. In this temporary moment of rest, he may as well learn.

He wasn't particularly worried, just tired. In his mind his was more concerned with her killing him than something wlse. At least being a potential barrier, might make him more useful through the night.

Giving him a smile that she rarely showed she shook her head, "Everything down her enjoys a good fight...including me," she smirked. Her face fell back to a calm state, showing no real emotion other than her though and process of words that he would say, or sound that she would hear coming from the cave depths. "We must sleep for tonight, the early we wake the easier it will be for us," she states. She wasn't sure if she could trust this man she now lay so close to, but she knew the choices were slim. She knew the land and to kill her would be a fatal mistake.

"I'll be honest lass...I'm willing to let fighting have a break tonight", he said in exhausted earnest. The scot's voice was hushed, but still warm. Though it was not all that cold in then cave.

His breath remained constant and warm. With her back to him it was hard to tell if he were asleep or not. Part of his forearm was offered without words as a pillow.

Though by the placement of his left hand, it was obvious that he was comfortable with a woman sharing his bedding.

((My bad...thought I'd been waiting on your reply))

She watched him curiously, spreading out his body in a way that offered her both welcoming and comfort was something she didn't see in males much. Especially those males that had recently planned to rid the earth of her body, yet she wasn't one to complain about peace. Moving over to the man she settled against the ground, her head resting back on his arm as the pillow she needed, her body radiating a heat that would keep her warm for most of the night, while she turned away from him. Her eyes slowly closing, for now she would rest and let everything about their meeting rest as well, in the morning she would lead them out of this hell, if not to kill him but to escape with her life as well.

(that's fine. I just assumed you didn't want to do it anymore. Glad to see not :) )

He dozed off to sleep. a man of his size and grit would be expected to snore. Yet he slept queit as a large predator. able a s warrior, he moved not in his sleep.

Perhaps in a another time or another life, he would be a good lover. He had fire and courage, and his size and strength gave the promise of fine young children, likely warriors one day as well.

For now though, they would sleep in uneasy peace.

((nah I'd pm you and tell you that.))

She was glad that he didn't snore while he slept her trained ears having been taught to wake at the slightest sound and movement. For now she would sleep in peace, her body relaxed as best as it could be lying next to her enemy. When the sun rose in the sky she woke, her internal clock having been timed for just this moment, crawling over to what little remains she had left she reached for the dried jerk she had. Looking back at her enemy, knowing that she could take him right now, but oddly she didn't want to at least not at this moment. "wake you brute, we must walk while we can," she informed him.

"I'm sober and awake", he responded. The scot slept witha dagger in his hand. Despite the truce and her looks, he would not be a fool.

He roused himself and checked his jaw. it ached as did his muscles. the deep cut, the hard fall, and cave fighting, it made sense. The fates were makign their battle even. He didn't blame them, as she was using stone weapons.

"You know the way out then", he asked.

She gave a laugh, "So in a groggy state your smarter than you appear," she smirked finishing up her sharpening before looking down the side. "I have a theory, mind you I've never been trapped in one of these so at any given point we could get lost, for now though we can only trust my instinct," she said coming over to him, tossing him a piece of jerky before checking his cuts. "These swell, let me fix them," she state reaching in her deer skin.

"Theory and instinct", he responded catching her jerky. The scot heard language like that before, right before being payed to go acrossed the sea.

Tenatively, he tilted his head to let her tend to him. Their alliance had an uneasy wobble. He was certain she planned on ending him. Yet She openly acted to treathis wounds.

Either he was a valueble meat shield or this warrior woman was starting to crack.

She tried her best to cover his cuts with what she had left, most of her herbs and remedies useless with the fall they had endured. "How's your muscles?" she asked looking to him, she wasn't an idiot she had seen the scot fighting and she knew that in the future he would be of more use alive to her than dead. "After your done eating gather your things we have to head out, make as much time as possible," she stated finishing the last of her bandaging.

"They'll get teh job done, but I don't think my doctor would recommend me wrestling more than one bear", he said jesting off the pain

He gathered he things and stuck the jerky in his mouth. They'd been in the hole long enough. It was starting to feel a little too homely for his tastes.

"I'll eat while we move", he said ready to go,"What is this theory of your's?"

Sliding down the length of the wall she hit the solid ground looking around for any creatures to fight of, seeing none she signaled him down beside her. "My theory is, or at least according to legend, in order to get out of one of these you have to go deeper down. It's legend that at the bottom of one of these caverns you'll find another hole in the earth, mind you its a much larger incline, it's said that the rock slid happens on the other end of one of those and if were lucky we can climb out without a problem...and if not...well," she moved along the side of the cavern using her touch to lead the way through the caves.

"either way, we're not going to last long without water and food", he said as he followed her down the incline. His sield strapped to his left arm and his weapons sheathed.

He'd follow her lead, as at this point she was the expert. Without her He'd be lost down there. And climbing out seemed a bit on the impossible side at the moment.

"Lead the way warrior"

She lead him down farther into the darkness, her eyes looking to the best of their abilities searching for any sign that they were heading the right way. "If at any point you see a thorny vine crawling up the side of the cave wall tell me, at the bottom are fruit we can eat," she informed him, her feet moving with caution, starting to become icy from the water they were met with, the feeling sludgy and thick. "Careful where you step, this area is filled with swamp creatures," she warned the Irish warrior.

Back
Top Bottom