Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trapped with the Enemy

Heart Summers

Supernova
Breathing in short pants Aellae gripped tight to her bow her hand extending holding the bow tight. She was positioned high on a birch limb, her neck was crooked to the side staring down at the ground. Her full lips tight in a snarl while her light brown eyes bore into the enemy. Her C-cup breast pressed to her body by her light armor she wore. Her legs bare except for the cut off leather skin pants she wore. Her feet covered in moccasins made from her recent kill. She'd get him this time her aim well enough where a shot like this would be easy. Turning her torso she took aim and shot her arrow.

"tch", the arrowhead shattered against his chest. It felt like he had been punched. Had it not been for the chianmail he wore under his shirt, then the primitive weapon would have pierced his heart.

"Damn Cowards", he called as he raised his shield in the direction of the the last two arrows. The locals on this hot and humid coninet seemed to love ambushes. He didn't blame them. Their weapons were stone, granted they had some very sharp stone. He had steel, and limited armor, but still it was armor.

He didn't know how many he was facing, but the spainards seem terrified to come to this valley. terrified enough to ship him from scotland to come and deal with their problem. He was paid well for his skill and to keep his mouth shut.

Overall, Kaiden O'Connel, was a giant specimen compared to the spainish that had arrived. He was a head taller than any of them and nearly as wide as two of them. his skin was light like theirs, but he did not have the fair skin, he looked very much the warrior. It was easy to tell where he was though, As he was not familiar with the terrain. He had piercing black eyes, raven black hair, And weapons that seem to glow with the sunlight.

Cursing to herself she slipped back into the shadows, she had aimed perfect yet still his silver form of armor protected him. Sliding down the base of the tree she kept pressed against the wood, waiting until he walked in front of her. She would beat him, this was her lands and no one especially foreigners would take it away from her.

Aellae had never been truly excepted by her people. Sure she had their deep tanned skin and shiny black hair, but when it came to her demeanor and styles they rejected her. Being that as it was whenever their was danger she was called to save them. In this world she was known for her skills in the art of war, and for that she was respected.

Stringing another bow she stepped from the shadows, shooting the arrow out towards his back, before unsheathing her chiseled sword charging him with a raging yell.

"grah", Kaiden grunted as he was shot in the the back. True the arrows didn't brake his chainmail, but it was still like being hit with the handle of an axe. These "natives" were crafty. Similar to how the irish liked to fight.

The Scot heard the battle cry as he turned to face his attacker. He kept his shield arm behind his back, sure that there was another waiting to shoot him again. His basket sword was already drawn since he was first attacked.

"female warriors...explains the arrows in the back", he said not even sure a they shared languages. He stepped and raised a knee. The handle of his blade pointed to the sky and the blade pointed downward at an angle.

The charging local was going to be schooled in scottish swordplay. Only the japnese and arabs could compare with the highlanders. He had the advantage of superior materials, strength, and experience in blade crossing.

he waited, as long as he wasn't shot, he was ready to parry her primitive swing, destroy her weapon, if possible, take her prisoner. That might flush out her allies.

She charged at him without fear, she'd been taught that fear in war lead to death. And only those that fought with their heart could bring the knowledge of victory to their head. She knew his sword would destroy hers if it hit directly in the middle. A simple fact that she hated but it was something she had to make sure wouldn't happen.

She listen to him taunt her about being a woman fighter, his tongue thick in a accent she hadn't heard since her time away from these lands when younger. "You'll see what female can do," she barked dancing her sword through the air. Her body moving quickly like the wind in which she'd been taught.

She wasn't sure how but she would stop this bulky man in front of her. She let her eyes look over him from close up, he was built and it was clear to her that his blood was thick with the warrior. She wouldn't have minded his look if she wasn't about to bring an icy gloss to his eyes with her sword.

She spoke the same tongue, good. Her charge was was a ruse it seemed. While she moved quick and relied on her lithe frame, great speed and predictability; he waited and watched. His stance wouldn't change, he simply held.

Waisted energy and motion meant death. which was how one scots became great swordsman, for their endurance, skill, and training to use heavy blades with ease and efficient motions. The romans, nor the vikings, and not even the english could stand toe to toe with a seasoned highlander swordsman.

The trick to his stance was his wrist. Just flicking it or his forearm could put his blade in a position to protect and counter attack. He would save moving fast for when it was dire.

her strike would have been a mortal blow, had he not been knowledge bearing of bladework. The warrior woman had impressive speed, but this was the cornerstone of his culture. Her blade didn't have the weight to move his. He deflected her strike, though he was not certain she would be put off balance.

"Good speed lass, you need to work on your follow through, I can teach if you promise to wear that to the training session", he called to her. He had to admit these Natives knew how to keep his attention. catcalls, taunts, and psychological warfare were all parts of the highlander arsenal. after all an enemy who was too angry to think, was an enemy not thinking about you're next move.

She felt the force of his simple move, his blade being no match to her hand made one. This wasn't good and she knew that she would have to use her Aztec skill to defeat this foe, that and judging by his words a little of her feminine charm. Moving away from him she looked towards him with a smile on her face, a light smirk that she intended to turn his head to her.

"You couldn't handle my speed, in any situation," the hidden meaning of her words probably wouldn't hit his mind. Most of the men she knew never taking the time to think about what a female warrior would say. Reaching into the back of her pants she quickly through a dagger at him, her body hurrying to a near by tree running up the side as much as she could before pushing off it turning in the air to fly over him. Hoping that she would hit his back as she had planned her dagger ready to ripe into his throat.

"I'm don't need to out run you lass", he said to her threat. He kept his ground. Chasing a local through home territory was the work of fools.

She was a smart lass taking advantage of her speed and this forest...if that's what it was. Trees like this and plants like this were not common in Scotland. Still she learned to keep out of his arms reach.

He deflected her dagger deflected her dagger, and lost sight of her. Very clever he thought. He had not been shot at again since she engaged him in combat. Leading him to think she was alone. Or only expert archer's remained. Waiting for the right shot.

With his left arm behind his backholding his shield. She would have to attack on the left side to get his throat. His right hand was stillin the defensive decartes position. He was turning to see if she was attcking from his more blind right side. the turn would be the move that saved his life.

Her dagger stole flesh from his chin and cheek. The skalpel sharp obsidian, slide though his skin like water.

reflexively, he whirled the shield from around his back to defend himself. as she had snuck inside the defensive zone of his sword. Still oak bound in wrought iron was an effetive club and defense.

She had drawn blood and it was more of her ego boosting that she needed. Proving that she could take this guy on if she used her brain and didn't get to close to him. "Who needs a training session now?" she smirked at him, wiping the blade off with a cloth that seemed to be covered in dried blood of many.

Looking to him again she stifled a laugh while she looked to him again. "If you promise to wear less I'll teach you a few things," she loved mocking her foes. Sure she'd never start them intentionally but she would sure finish them if she had the chance to do so.

Using the edge of his blade he direct the one thing faster than her, light, right into her eyes. waiting to judge her move he'd throw his shield like a 20 pound frisbee into her running path going for a trip.

This native was good, the gash kept him from making a verbal retort as he was unsure if it'd tear open his face. he'd have to keep her comming to him to fight her. Despite the pain and the Scot knew not to chase her. The fight would be hers. She knew where to hide her, and judging from the cut, she would have no issue tripping him up and cutting his throat.

If he tripped her with his shield, he'd close and keep her from running off. If he didn't trip her, he'd use a tactic that took most seasonedwarriors by suprise.

The light hitting her eyes with blinding light she tried to rub it out of her eyes momentarily blinded while she moved to get away, his shield tripped her sending her to the ground. Causing her to grip her stomach while she moved to get up. knowing that she couldn't keep to the ground for long.

If she was a good judge this man would be on her soon, but the light still left the glare in her eyes. Her body feeling out where she was her hands running over the ground feeling it with curiosity. This ground seeming unsafe to her her thoughts mixing causing her to struggle to find out why it felt so weak.

"Hold still, I'd hate to have to kill you before you teach me that wonderful flying trick", he said through gritted teeth. He approached quickly but cautiously. He wouldn't have put it past her to have a trick waiting. Playing off her stunned condition.

He flipped his shield to his hand with his sword and stepped toward her.

"Now I have a few questions. The first being", he stated as he felt the ground beneath them move,"what was that...?"

She opened her eyes wide at the feel of the ground her mind racing as she tried to get past the bulky man to get to safety. The ground caving in from his weight descending down a large dark hole, gripping to the side she tried to pull herself back to the surface before the wet grass causing her hands to slip plunging her into the creatures hole as the natives like to call it.

Catching on a root she stops the free fall falling the shorter way down hitting the ground hard. Her body serious pain as she looked up at the light more than a hundred feet up. Her thoughts trying to think about how she would get out of this mess.

Being heavier than her, the ground gave way from him quicker than her. Still he leapt forward. desparately he tried to ground himself with his longsword.The ground gave way and he slid back.

"Son of a biiiiiitch", he groans as he falls. Unlike Scotland, where there were cliffs with water below him. He could not see the bottom, or walls. As he tumbled he caught glimpse of the wall.

He tried to catch his sword and shield on any of it. No luck...nothing caught.

Falling and flailing, there was once more he saw the wall and took his shot. A move of last resort. He took both hands to his blade and thrust it into the wall. Sinking the blade at a 45 degree angle. his weight was slowed, however, it slowed him enough to save his life.

A loud thud was heard as he hit the soft earth beneath him. It wasn't a pleasant fall, but he could have been much worse off. a few clacks were heard and his shield stuck into the ground in the visage of a headboard. Just inches above his head.

"ohh...phu...that was...lovely", he groaned from his back looking up to the sunlit hhole opening.

Aellea jumping a little at his voice she ready herself although it hurt her greatly to move at all. Thinking about what she had right now and what she would need to deal with in the future she sighed. Placing her half broken sword away moving cautiously towards the Scotsmen, she would need his strength and no matter what that entitled she needed to get him on her side.

"This is just perfect, stuck down here in the creatures hole with you," she stated. It wasn't the best step to take towards peace until they got out of here but it was the best she could do with this state of anger that she was experiencing right now. "Are you alright?"

"If I would have know it took falling through the earth to get you to stop trying to kill me, I would have jumped off a cliff after the first arrow", he groaned.

Kaiden was sore and pretty bruised up. A stiff drink and a weeks sleep would do right about now. Still he pulled himself to his feet. Not wanting to die on his back incase the local had another trick ready.

"The creatures hole...", he echoed her label,"I don't suppose it's a good name for this pit."

He lost some javelins and brock a few others. His sword was going to need to be sharpend. The kilt needed tobe cleaned and his chainmail was usuable, but need to be mended. The shield was no worse for wear, as was his greatsword and dirk were fine. His shirt was pretty much ruined. His pack welll, he would look throught that later. Several of his knives and his light axe litered the ground where he had layed.

Highlanders typically carried 10 to 18 weapons.

Smiling at his statement she shook her head stretching out her sore back a little while she looked up again. "I never said I wouldn't kill you but until we get out of here it's best we work together." She informed him her plans looking around the area seeing her bow she moved towards it, the neck only chipped here and there. She frown as she saw her arrows scattered around the floor.

She would have to make more and finding wood that was good enough was going to be harder to find. Moving along the way she let her hands run against the earth before she looked back at him. "This place is very well named, down here the animals run rampant and to make matters worse the monsters are not above killing land dwellers.

Moving to him she looked at his face examining his wound carefully. "We have to cover that blood down here is not good," she looked for her deer skin sack finding it a little distance away moving to grab it she came back to him, reaching into her bag pulling out a tiny shell filled with a green goop; sticking her finger in she started to rub it on his cuts. "Just hold still this might sting a little but it will help it heal."

"Great...I think the spainish are underpaying me for my services", he says as he warilly allows the woman to tend to his face.

His eye twitchted slightly, but that was the only motion he made that he acknowledged any pain. Getting out was a good idea, and he expected her to make good on her plans.

Though she at least knew about this place. Which made her valueable. Hell he might learn enough about her land. The spainish might even pay for the info.

"Then as soon as you get this covered, let's grab what we can and find a way up or a safe spot to rest", he agreed. He looked her over a little in the dim light. "I am Kaiden of clan O'Connel, the pleasure of my combat prowess belongs to you till you try and kill me again Miss...?"

Finishing up the cut healer she reached with in the skin replacing the shell and grabbing the bandage she would lay over his face so the cut would not catch infection. "I"m Aellae of the wind tribe, it's nice to meet you Kaiden, my prowess belongs to who I see fit to let have it," she said bluntly. Placing the rest of the bandages into her bag again.

Stepping back she looked at him with a smile on her face. "There that should keep it clean and protected," she smiled at him. Starting to gather the rest of what she could salvage from the fall. Not having much she sighed having lost most of her weapons to the fall.

Slinging the rest of what she had on her back and in various holding she grimaced while she waited for him to gather things. Her top was torn while her cut off pants were torn at the knee. Reaching down she rips the leather into a nice pair of shorts using her knife for help before storing the rest of the leather away in case they needed it. Moving through the cafe she searched for a place that they could stay for the night, knowing that it would be best to sleep now. The creatures being most active at night, and the sun was setting. "Are you coming?"

"I didn't ask for your prowess, but it's kind of you to offer", he said. It wasn't a bad job, but she was going to leave a good scar on his face.

Keeping his sword at the ready, he gathered the brocken bits of his weapons and made his way following her.

"Miss Wind Tribe, you know your way around this place...or shall i consider myself wolfmeat", he inquired not having his bearing, but believing that there we beasts in these caves ready to make a snack of them.

She looked at him shaking her head giving him a smirk while she moved about the cave. "I don't, but you don't have to worry about being wolf meat down here Kaiden," she stated moving to climb up a slide her feet slipping a little but caught by her struggling hands.

Her right hand had been throbbing since he hit her sword, the forcing causing her some discomfort by the powerful blow. She looked around the place that she had managed to get to. She could see that it was a small space but it was enough to fit two loved ones. Shaking her head she looked at the plus sides of the spot. Looking towards the peering light she noticed it fading more and more.

The place was high enough to were ground animals wouldn't attack them and was just small enough for only tiny threats could reach them if they wanted. "This is a good place although only one will be able to sleep at a time, it's just to crowded in here," she stated with a smile to him. "Good luck," she smiled crawling into the spot to sleep.

"Not likely if you so need my help", he called up to her. Not a fool, however if she needed him so much he'd need to check some of that pride. Less she was waiting for the animals to come and finish him. Or challenging him to call he bluff.

Calling her bluff seemed a bit more sound of an idea than proving his bravado. Besides She found a spot to rest. Taking advantage of his natural height and strength, he climbed up to her spot. He grunted a little on the way up as he was bbruised and battered.

"Looks like I'll have to protect you from the elements Aellea of the Wind Tribe", he retorted and pushed her farther into the crevice so he could slide in. "I'll take first watch since you're practically unarmed...just keep your hands out of my kilt lass. You don't know me well enough to see that weapon", he goaded as he made himself more comfortable.

Spending the night fighting the local creatures did not sound like a benefit to his health.

Turning to look at him she shook her head at him. How dare he just come into her spot. Shaking her head again she rolls over her back touching his having no other the choice. Wishing that she had found a bigger spot to spend the night with this large man.

"I might have to ask you the same thing....besides you wouldn't be able to handle my weapon handling,"she finished looking from him again, a soft grin crossing her face from his words and her come backs. She would keep her mind clear, that way if he needed her help while she slept she would be able to wake and help him. Nothing wanting her only other inform of intelligent life dying on her.

Moving a little she let her eyes close trying to think of a happy thought to fill her dreams with. For this night would most likely be a long one.

Kaiden listened to the night as he lay. Not really sleeping, as he was in a foreign land. Then of course there was the warrior behind him. They had a temporary alliance, but he was not young enough to forget that they were set against each other.

In his right hand he held his scottish dirk. his battered shield lay acrossed his stomache. Rest and sleep would be scarce for the scottish warrior. The world was against him, but like any of his kind, he'd go down kicking and screamming.

She had been sleeping for a long time her body moving in her sleep sometimes pressing against him. Others leaving him to sleep bare and alone. It wasn't until she heard the crackle of a beast did she wake immediately. Sitting up she let her eyes scan the darkness her head lowering a little so it wouldn't get hit before she sunk closer to the edge. Her eyes stayed alert and her mouth grimaced when she saw what she feared.

Motioning with her hand for him to come and look she snarled at the beast below. Their scrawny legs and arms reaching up to try and grab onto something. Their claws long and gruesome as the twirled around at the end. They had pale sickly green skin and their eyes glowed like yellow saucers in the night. "Cragets," she stated calmly to him.

Her eyes watching as they scratched the ground with their ugly hooves like feet. Their slimy hair sticking to their body before they turned away from the cliff that they couldn't climb. All the while they gave their crisped screech to their enemies.

Back
Top Bottom