Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Healing Scars (Ryan&Jocelyn)

Travis stood up, "Well, I promise that I'm going to help you regain your memory. An good looking woman like you must have a family that's worried to death about her. Now... Where should we begin. I know lets listen to some music... Is there type of music that you like?"

Marie blushed. "You think that I'm good looking?" She asked him, fixing her hair self-consciously. "I don't know what kind of music I like." She told him. "I.. I would have to hear different kinds to know." She told him, shrugging.

Ryan nodded and walked over to his satellite radio and turned it on He played a little on each channel, "Once you hear something you like let me know..."

Marie, or the woman that went by the name of Marie, sat down and listened to the stations he was putting on. "Oh!" She said when he changed it to a classic punk rock channel. It was The Runaways, a song that she really seemed to like. Somehow, she knew that the band was old and that it was The Runaways.

Travis smiled, "Well, we've got a start." He plugged some headphones into the radio, "Take a listen to this for awhile and see if it brings back any memories, while I make some lunch. What would you like?"

Marie took the headphones and nodded. "Alright." She said, looking up at him as she put the headphones around her neck. "I don't know what I like." She reminded him. "Surprise me." She said with a wide smile.

Travis rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe that she didn't even know what kind of food she would like to eat. He went into the kitchen and started to make some bacon and tomato sandwiches.

Travis then made her sandwich, cut it in half and then put some potato chips on a plate and then brought it to her. "What would you like to drink?"

Travis went to the kitchen and got her a soda. He came back and handed it to her, "I'm 35. I'd ask how old you were but, you don't know how old you are." He opened his soda and took a drink.

Marie nodded and shrugged. "I would say I must be around 20. 21 Maybe." She offered, looking at her own hand. "So, what do you think about sharing a house with someone who is clearly so much younger than you?"

"It doesn't bother me. Especially someone so pretty," He smiled and took a bite of food, "So, is that music bringing back any memories?"

Marie blushed and shrugged. "Thank you." She said to the compliment and then nodded. "One." She told him, blushing again. "One of me on-stage, singing." She told him, pushing some of her hair out of her face.

"Oh yes," said Travis, "I grow as much vegetables as I can. I also raise chickens for eggs and meat." Just then there was a knock on the door. It was Sarah the doctor, "Hi there... So how is everything?"

Sarah smiled, "It is a start. From all the tests I ran you are in good shape. No major internal injuries, no broken bones. But, from what I can tell you have Retrograde amnesia, that means that you can't recall any memories from your long term memory. Now, there is no real cure. Normally, we'd expose you to your friends and family and other things to help you jog some memories. But, we don't have that luxury in this case. I talked with some friends on the Highway Patrol and they don't have any records of any accidents along this road last night. No wrecked cars have been found. So we still don't have any idea of who you are Marie. Is there anything you remember before you met Travis?"

Marie shook her head. "Just the singing." She told the woman sadly. She sighed, was there any chance she would remember something real? Was there any hope in her remembering her whole life, like her parents, her friends, her name?

Sarah could see that Marie was frustrated, "Don't worry. We'll find who you are. Cars just don't disappear. Your injures are conducive to a car accident. The police will call me as soon as they find something. But for right now, just listen to music, maybe watch some TV. I'm sure something will spark a memory."

Back
Top Bottom