Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Wizards on the Block [skylamor]

capt trance

Super-Earth
Hector finally made it out of the wizardry school. He was so tired of text book ideas and formal training. But soon enough, he was going to get a partner, and a teacher. hmm .. i wonder who would be my partner .. thre was this really cute girl that looked talented .. deffinitly a win win for me! he thought, as he decided to run to his own apartment to gear up as if he was on a mission. Because he never gotten paid as a wizard yet, he only had basic gear, which consist of a silver robe, with basic magical barriers. The robe was a major sign that he was a new graduate.

Hector donned on the robe, jumped on his roof, and looked out to the world with his electric blue eyes, and his kinda lengthy brown hair moving with the breeze. things are going to be different now .. Hector Jumped down, and went back to the school, as their teach and partner will be assigned shortly.

[[we can take turns on dual roleplay with the teacher]]

Sitting the hall outside the main office, Skylamor waits. Thinking to herself " i really hope I'm not paired with one of the deadbeats."She had studied far to hard and far to long for that. Wearing her new robes, she stands and starts to pace around a little. Unable to just sit and wait anymore. She wanders over to the office door for what must be the millionth time in the last hour. Turning and walking away from the door again, all she wanted to was run into that office and demand to know who she was partnered with.

Turning back she stomps back over to the bench and sits back down. Crossing her arms over her chest she sits a waits for her new partner to get there so she can relax and get on with her new life outside the classroom.

Hector walks through the door, although little out of breathe. damn, the school just has to be so far away from my apartment he noticed the girl pacing and being very impatient. hey, thats the girl i wanted to partner with ... all of the sudden, Hector got cold feet, and very nervous. he looked around the rest of the room, and the only other 8 graduates were there as well. they said 10 graduates was a lot. Somehow, Hector didnt think so.

Just then, the office Door opens, and 5 people come out. One looked too old to be a teacher, so Hector concluded he was the sage of the school. a sage was still able to d battle, but too old and weak for harsh travel. he was here to defend the town. Hector observed the other Mages lined up. he wondered about their ability and personality.

Sky jumps up to her feet, not noticing the entrance of the other student. Finally she gets to know her partners name. Watching the other wizards exit the office she wonders which one will be assigned to over see her and her partners work.

the eldest of the wizards clears his throat and starts to speak. Skys ears are ringing shes so nervous. Barley registering when her name is called followed by her partner. moving to stand where he is pointing, she moves to stand by the last student to arrive. looking over at him she smiles. " well, at least i finally know who I'm with."

Hector did a double take when the girl he wanted to partner with was said out loud with his name. As the girl came over to him, he got really nervous. "heh .. yea. the names Hector, whats yours?" although he remember her name, it was only polite to ask. Besides, she was one of those head strong girls, that wanted to show the men she was not to be taken lightly with.

Hector then noticed the youngest of the wizards coming up next to them. i hope he is not a freshie teacher. Otherwise i might put him through hell. he was wearing battle robes, with advance magical barriers, and others he didn't recognize. hmm .. personal barriers eh? maybe he aint so bad after all

" Skylamor. nie to meet you Hector. What did you specoliz in?" Looking him over not sure what to think yet. Then noticing the teacher standing beside them " And your name would be ??"

Hector smiled, and said, "I'm mainly a shape shifter. I was born under the Chinese Dragon, they say thats where my power comes from. Although when i do shape shift, I don't look like the Chinese Dragon." He explained, But he wondered if she was listing to him.

Aradom came up to the two kids, and they were already introducing themselves. well, team work may not be a problem here. "Hello there, The names Aradom. I will put you two through a test before we can undergo a few things. Meet me at Training Lake." And with that he was gone in a poof.

"Showoff." Hector said, thinking about the movies that actually do that. "What test do you think this might be?" he asked, as he held the door open for her.

" I'm not sure, but I'm hoping we don't have to get in the water. I can't swim." stepping past him through the door. " Thank you. I'm a charmer. Only thing i could master, that and i was born with the gift of foresight."

Walking with Hector out towards the lake. pulling her robes tighter around herself as the wind blows ice cold.

Hector was shocked that she couldn't swim. But then again, he always sank to the bottom and he couldn't swim either. Until he shape shifted anyways. "Interesting, are there any other disabilities you have? for me, I'm half blind in the sun light, but can see enough to dodge arrows if need be. I have excellent night vision. Also, my hearing is a bit sensitive. I have reptile like attributes, with the exception of the hearing. Usually, reptiles cannot hear. However, because i am also human, i have hearing, its just sensitive. Like this wind blowing, its very load to my ears even though its just a breeze." Hector brought out his walking staff, and made a basic enchantment of strength, so it will not break under heavy combat if it came to that in the training.

"Well, I know why we were put together. I cant not see at all in the dark. But I can see for miles in the brightest of lights. i have exceptional hearing." She reaches beneath her robes and pulls out two short daggers that have been enchanted to always return to her hands alone. " Also, I have a knack with knives."

The lake coming into view as they walk over the hill. Skyla stops and shivers seeing the water. Breathing deeply she tries to calm herself, taking a step forward she focused on her breathing, her hands clinching around the daggers until her knuckle's were white.

Hector realized her discomfort, and scratched his head. "Here, let me try something ..." He said, and put his hand on her shoulder. He said a few words on the magical language they were taught, and looked at her. "I tried a relaxing charm, and a warmth charm. Basically, makes you feel better. Also, I put an alarm on you. In case you fall in the lake, My head will be ringing until you are safe." He said with a smile.

Aradom sat behind the bushes, and observed them the whole way. looks like they are really into each other .. this exercise may not be necessary, but i need to see if they could do it under pressure.

[[i know i didnt leave much for you to replay, so dont worry if you cant reply much.]]

" Thank you." Breathing easier Sky keeps walking beside him. Putting one of her daggers away she reaches into her pocket and removes a small pouch. Tossing it out ahead of them. It fizzes and pops, mumbling under her breath in the magic language she tried so hard to learn. Suddenly a wooden raft appears on her shore. Stopping right behind the raft, she look up at Hector.

" Just in case."

Hector nodded in approval, but there was a slight buzz in the back of his head. damn it, i must have said something wrong, its buzzing when she is near the water as well. Hector didn't show it bothered him.

Aradom appeared in a poof of smoke again. Hector still thought he was a show off. "Sorry I'm late. I was checking something out really quick." Aradom looked over to the shore, and pretended to be surprised. "Oh? Who summoned a raft?" He said, looking at them both. "Good job to you. anyways, congratulations on becoming a Wizard and Witch apprentice. You guys have graduated with good marks, as i saw from the report. However, there is still one more test."

"One more test?!? I thought that was it!!" Hector was very confused. How could there be one more test? It doesn't make sense.

Sky looked over at Aradom and smiled. " Thank you. And no you didn't, you here over in those bushes we past." Laughing softly at the look of astomishment move slowly acrosed his face. She always did love hide a seak as a little girl, she always found everyone. " Anyway, whats the test?"

Aradom was astonished by her natural ability to find people hidden in sight. Of course, he wasn't trying too hard, thinking these were mere grad students. But this girl would be very helpful in stealth mission, especially if she used magic to spot/hide from enemies. "W-Well," Aradom begun to regain his composure. "This bell i have here," he said pulling one out. "You guys have to take from me. Whoever gets the bell passes the test. However, the one who doesn't, does not pass the test. One of you will fail this test, and go back to the academy."

Hector looked at Sky, in wonderment, of her abilities, but once the master started to talk, he was quiet. Hector's smile was fading from every word he said. Until he finally said it. One of them is destined to fail, and go back to the academy. "What??? This aint fair!!! we busted our asses off to get here!! he bellowed.

Standing there looking up at their Master. " What do you mean. You can't do that to us. We graduated, you can't give us an imposable task like this." Unable to believe what she is heading. Not wanting to. This was turning into an incrdably bad day.

Aradom looked at them, and said with a serious voice, "As a teacher to apprentices such as yourselves, your teacher has the right to send you back to the academy if he does not think you are ready. And depending on how the situation goes, both, one, or none of you will pass. Understood?" He said, looking at them both for a brief moment.

Hector sat there, an though about what he said. we both have a chance of passing? there is only one bell ... Hector didn't know how he could do it, but he nodded at the teacher. "May I talk with my team mate alone?" He asked the teacher, before dragging her to the side out of ear shot from the teacher. "I know how to get it from him, But I don't know if it will protect us both. If not, Ill go back to the academy. We have to work together. There is no way we would be able to do this alone. Just looking at the cloak proves that." He waited to hear her response.

Looking over her shoulder at Aradom then back to Hector. Shaking her head" But how, there's only one bell. Only one of us can take it.'' Biting her lip and looking around. Taking a deep breath. " Whats the plan?"

[[sorry i have not replied, black out + real life = no roleplaying lol]]
[[i didn't give you much to write, so that was my bad.]]
Hector smiled at her. "We have to use teamwork. We both get the bell, or I will go back to the academy. It's alright if I do that. Its not like I have a family anyways. You attack him dead on with your knives. I'll create clones of us while you got him busy, and when I roar, mix in with your clones. I will take to the skys and attack from above, while you attack from the ground. I don't have a lot of energy, I still have to build that up. So your only going to have two clones with you, and two clones with me in the sky. Got it? Stay out in the open. I can't get him in the trees as well, and I don't know dragon magic. Yet." He said, thinking of other ways they could do this. When he could not, he looked over at her. "Ready? Its do or die at this point I think."

( I'm sorry, i have had some family things come up the last few weeks. i want to continue with our role but i do not know when i will be able to spend enough time online to respond much.)

Back
Top Bottom