Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Wizard and the Witch (Archer - Night)

Alexor, the city of the sky, or so it was called, although Agnin failed to realize the meaning behind the mantra. The city was filled with stout mason buildings which lined the streets, each of varying heights and widths creating a miss-match of rectangular structures, each punctured with small windows, and lined with worn oaken frames. He enjoyed the city though; it’s location in the central planes making it a prime market for trade between the neighboring settlements. There was always something new to be found in the market streets, and with vigilant eyes he sought these treasures.

His narrow boots tapped against the cobblestone street as he weaved his way through the crowd, a passing wagon driver nodding as he whipped the reins on his horse, sending a commanding whistle to the gentile beasts. Agnin gave a small wave, his face presenting a warm smile. He always enjoyed his trip to the Gold Court, the name given to the series of alleys and roadways at the heart of the city. Small make-shift awnings and stands lined the edges of the street where vendors and peddlers haggled with customers, trying to sell their wares for top price.

Agnin took a deep breath, the scent of food being cooked in a stand flooding his nostrils, delighting his senses. He was quite comfortable with the atmosphere, and was always curious why his mentor despised it so. It also gave him a chance to get out and stretch his legs, a welcome change to the dimly-lit study he spends a large portion of his time in.

He was a tall man, reaching a height of roughly five foot eleven, and was quite thin. He wasn’t very muscular due to his trade, but he was quite healthy and well groomed. It was easy to see he had some coin in his purse, garbed in a velvet red jacket and black trousers. His belt, adorn with a silver buckle, had several small pouches dangling from it, wide open to tease any pickpockets that may have wandering eyes, though they dare not try to steal from him, as they would swiftly learn their lesson.

Agning was a wizard apprentice, and although he didn’t practice in public, mostly due to the strict regulations, he did take measures to protect himself, even if subtle. Although he was an apprentice, he was still quite a capable scion of the arcane arts, having been in training for ten years, give or take. His master was one who believed that these arts weren’t something one could learn with a few courses, or even in ones lifetime, and proclaimed to Agnin that he would be an apprentice until his breath ceased to flow from his chest. This didn’t bother him in the least, as he enjoyed the company of the elderly man, his knowledge and talent something he looked up to, and aspired towards.

The noon sun beating down on the city was hot, but a lovely cool breeze offset its warm embrace. Today Agnin was in search of some components for his teacher, so that he could perform a new spell he had dug up from his archives. Agnin, on the other hand, was keeping his eye out for some valuable treasure of his own; he couldn’t travel to the market without picking up a trinket or two for himself.

Spotting a dried green plant hanging on one of the many stalls snapped the man from his daze, he ventured over to inspect the herb, identifying it as the one he was looking for. He searched about for the owner of the stand, spotting a woman nearby. “Good day.” He asked, pointing to the dried plant that was here. “Could you identify this plant?” he inquired, knowing full well what it was, but he always felt the need to test others on their knowledge, a small quirk he possessed.

The woman would see that Agnin was indeed handsome. He possessed gaunt cheeks and a light brow, though his face was more soft than jagged. He had iced hazel eyes that contrasted with his inky black hair, which was quite well groomed, trimmed to a short length. His jaw line was lined with a beard, which met at his mouth in a simple goatee.

Aurora stepped out of her house that day basket in hand. She was a beautiful woman, with long raven colored hair, vibrant purple eyes and a slender body. She caught most men's as as she began to walk to the market. She needed many things from the market. She was a little a a shamed that she let her supplies run so low. But Aurora always seemed to wrap herself up in her work. That was probably the reason why she was still alone.

Aurora was a dedicated witch, she had surpassed all of her peers and even her mentors. She was in love with magic and magic seemed to love her. At her young age of 20 she had master even the most advanced spells, spells that witches and wizard twice her age are still struggling to learn.

That is why she choose to isolate herself. Part of her was wrapped up in magic, she wanted to learn more, not to be the best, but had a drive really want to know more. The other she was always signaled out because of it. People were trying to use her to better them selves. Some wizards even wanted to marry her to have their children share in her power.

Aurora walked up to a stall and was looking at herbs when she heard a mans voice. She looked up and saw a very handsome man with and herb in his hand. She smiled at the "You shouldn't be buying something you don't know what it is sir" She said with a friendly giggle. "besides you don't want that plant someone might think you a witch." She hinted a little. Just a look into his eyes and she could told he was a wizard. She then paid the stall owner and walked away.

“But then you are making the assumption that I don’t know this simple plant, and perhaps I’m merely trying to start conversation with a charming girl.” He said slyly, a smile playing the corner of his lips. Agnin turned his attention to her, subtly giving her an once-over. She was quite attractive, but she was also saturated with the perfume of magic. “But I assume a witch would be a good person to ask in the way of Herblore if I didn’t know.” He chuckled, giving her a slight bow.

“I’m Agnin, Scholar of the Alexor Library of the Arcane.” He introduced himself, seemingly unphased by the laws set in place against speaking about dark arts in public, though he knew in this crowd his words would only fall in listening ears. “What brings you to this market? Perhaps I can give you a hand on finding what it is you seek?”

Aurora stopped and gave the gentle man the once over. He was just as handsome now has he was a moment ago. "well sir you make a mistake in assuming i am charming, and what i if were to ignore you, or turn you into a rat because of your sneaky advances." She said with a slight laugh.

"Aurora Hart, I think i study with your mentor for a time." she did not seem to through on any fancy title or any information to let him know where she studying, since she had completed her studies. "I am here looking for supplies mine have gotten low. And what brings you here to the marke?"

“You studied with Archibald?” He asked, his arms folding over themselves across his chest as he quirked a curious brow. “That’s interesting.” He smirked, her sassy remark all but luring him in to further the conversation. “I’m here getting supplies for the old coot. He’s been dabbling in Alchemy.” He chuckled, slyly placing a few pents on the stall they where in front of as he plucked the plant off the wrack.

“Kingsroot.” He responded, waving the plant before her. “Herblore is one of my specialties.” He teased, giving her a grin as he divided the plant into two equal portions extending one to her. “You can never have enough. It’s great for coughs, fevers, and love potions.” He grinned. “But I’m sure you already knew that, you seem to have quite the magical guise around you.”

Aurora smiled as she took the plant from him. "thank you, i must agree you can never have enough of this stuff. You never know when you will have to make a love potion." She gave him a playful smile. She was flirting with him, she never flirted with anyone but there was just something about him. She reached into her basket a pulled a steam with little blue flowers hanging from them. "forget-me-nots. For perhaps a love potion"

Aurora drew a deep breath "i should probably let you get back to your studies, but if you ever need a break from the old coot as you call him my home is just at the end of the road where the forest begins. Pay a visit some time"

Back
Top Bottom