Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where is my mind

clonewar

Supernova
Vincent wondered why the base was being sealed of it was not like the Canadians were going to attack any time soon holding his gun up he imagined a hundred hockey skate para militaries trying to take his maple syrup ration. “Get something to eat it looks like this is going to go on all night long” he smiled he needed some more caffeine in his blood mornings dose was already on fumes.

The civilians were crowded into the auditorium most wanted to talk to there lawyers others just sat silent. “You are all perfectly safe the leak has been contained and precautionary measures will take immediate affect” He wondered if he could shoot another American because they wanted to see there sons little league game. Looking over the crowd he found one of the only people he knew a civ he talk with almost every morning.

The gas leak has scared most of them, but Sophia was just calm. Knowing that it would be alright. She was sitting in a corner away from everyone else, most staying quite. She looked up from a book she was reading and saw a familar face. Someone she talked to almost every morning.

He was the only soilder she knew, and actually talked to. Seeing him, she stod up and walked over to him. "You handled that well...

He nodded it was out of the handbook under non verbal gestures that would assure a traumatized person or persons. “Well I figure they still have to pay me” he joked the army was always good about pay, bonuses seemed to drag on.

“We should find a place to sit and talk” he led her over to a small table normally used by the cooking staff. As far as he knew it what ever leaked out was so secret not even the clean up crew knew what it was. “I am sure its safe but I would not answer to many questions unless the answer is somehow no I was nowhere near the main storage tanks” She was a nice person the type he might have talked to outside of work.

"Of course." She smiled softly and followed him over to the table. She had always seen the cooking staff there. "I am not worried about it.... I know that they will get it under control."

He laughed the army was always better at making problems then at fixing them “I hope but I don’t plan on staying” he smiled he wanted to take her with him in case the army decided to disappear the entire base. He looked her up and down he always had a thing for her he wondered if she noticed. “Anyways I think we should leave I saw a few people leave that have not come back” Either they had the same plan or worse the government spooks got to them.

Back
Top Bottom