Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Like a Little Sister? (Closed)

The two girls leaned close and whispered, deciding what they wanted out of the options. Finally, Ashley spoke up as Jude settled back in her seat. "Burger King." She said, they both figured that it was a good mix of their favorites, and they planned to make tacos for dinner that night, for Jerry's welcome home.

"So, you've been gone this whole time and all you've missed was Burger King and Taco Bell?" Jude asked, feeling Ashley taking her hand to get her to turn to look at her teasing look. Jude stuck her friend and turned back to Jerry curiously.

"I was just in a small town I wasn't in the middle of the african wilderness. We had mcdonalds and stuff." he said rolling his eyes. "They don't have a burgerking there, and they have taco bell, I just like it." he said as he drove.

Jerry could again feel his elbow brush Jude's leg but he didn't make a big deal out of it, not with Ashley there.

"How do they expect you to survive without a Burger King?" Ashley asked sarcastically, looking out the window. It was strange, to Jude, who never had siblings, how someone could be so rude to their sibling. She always loved being there with the two, imagining she was a part of their family.

She felt him brushing over her leg, and the girl could really say that she had to stop herself from shivering at the feeling. She hoped that they would get to the restaurant soon, because she didn't think her tender heart could take it much longer.

Jerry Pulled into the burgerking, utterly ignoring his sister, only after muttering "Bitch." under his breath. He put the car in park and got out slamming the door, forcing Jude to get out on Ashley's side. She had done nothing, he had just forgotten about her and she might want to get out on his side in his frustration with his sister. She was such a spoiled brat." he thought to himself as he walked into the restaurant. He had always liked hanging out with Jude and Ashley, although as kids there were periods they all hated each other too, he had been surprised that things were different between Jude and he now, there seemed to be more pleasant things between them, although now he was closing down, pushing even her back to arms length.

Jude was about to climb out of Jerry's side of the car when the door slammed in her face. She had to move her leg really quickly so that it wouldn't be hit by the car door. She frowned and turned to climb out after Ashley, who was mumbling about what a jerk her brother was. "Shut it, I think you hurt his feelings." Jude whispered to her friend, before following after Jerry.

Still, she was hurt that he'd just slammed the door on her, so she wouldn't look at him, crossed her arms over her chest defensively, and even walked passed him to the register to order her Whopper meal and coke. Ashley ordered next and Jude took out her wallet, waiting for Jerry's order before she paid.

Jerry ordered and paid for his food. He found a table and then went to fill his drink. He came back with napkins and straws for everyone. He handed Jude hers, but threw Ashley's at hers.
Jerry sighed and sat down waiting for them to call his order.

When Jerry paid for his own, Jude frowned, she'd been trying to be nice, but she knew now that she didn't need to be. After paying for her and Ashley, they made their way to the table and sat down, waiting for their order.

"What the hell?" Ashley yelled as Jerry threw the straw and napkin at her. "What is wrong with you? You can't manage to be nice for two minutes?" Jude ended up covering her eyes, embarrassed. She uttered a quick "Shut up, Ashley." But knew that wasn't going to happen, so she just got up and walked away, to wait by the counter.

Once there, she heard her friend's rant about how badly he was treating her, and she felt still more embarrassed. A guy slid over to her and smiled, introducing himself as Marcus. Jude smiled and shook his hand,introducing herself in turn.

(oops that was player error, I didn't realize she was paying for all of them)

Jerry seethed listening to Ashley Bitch. What was wrong. Somehow everything had gone to hell in a handbasket and he didn't know why. Jerry got up walking away from the table, and saw that Jude was talking to another guy, who looked a little familiar but he didn't know him. He suddenly had an irrational thought of ramming his fist into the guy's face. He was quickly and acutely jealous and he didn't know why. When he saw their orders were up and Jerry walked up gently picking up both trays. Trying to be nice. He didn't really know what to do or say, everything seemed to be happening so fast.

(That's fine. ^.^ Just adds to the story me thinks.)

Jude was having a good conversation with the Marcus, laughing at his jokes and talking about school, though he'd gotten out with Jerry. Some of her old teachers were his at one point and they could share a laugh over them. When Jerry came up, Jude looked over at him and offered a quick smile, though she still wasn't very happy with him for treating her so poorly suddenly. When he took the trays, she told Marcus that she had to go, and as she was going to get her tray, he grabbed her wrist to stop her, writing his phone number on her palm. That gave Jerry the time to get both trays, and all she could do was follow after him, looking down at her hand as they sat down, Ashley having gone quiet at the table.

"Who was that?" Her friend asked excitedly, leaning over to look at the phone number. "Who needs David when someone like him wants you, right?" She asked, smiling widely. "He was cute!"

Jude smiled and shrugged not committing to that statement. "I definitely don't need David, that's for sure." She said, taking her sandwich and fries, handing Ashley the only thing she'd ordered, a large fry.

"Isn't he like the local man whore?" Jerry asked sitting at the table in answer to Ashley's inquiry who that was.

Jerry snorted when Ashley said he was cute. Jerry began to eat quietly. They were all quiet. Jerry felt really awkward. He wanted to appologise to Jude for being a jerk to her because he was mad at ashley but he didn't want to act any different towards her. He had to play it cool so to speak.
"So Ashley, don't you have to go walk the neighbor's dog tomorrow morning?" he asked, bringing up the fact that she'd been dog sitting for their neighbor for the past few years whenever they went out of town. "Jude said something about wanting me to drive her to get her car, did you want me to do that while you took care of the dogs so everything will take less time?" he asked. mostly just asking it casually but part of him wondered whether he asked it to get her alone.

Ashley nodded. "Yeah, they will still need me to walk the dog." She agreed, dunking a french fry into the ketchup she'd gotten while they were getting their food. Jude looked to Jerry at his question and offered a quick smile. "So, you are willing to do it?" She asked him, teasing slightly. She looked at her palm for a second before nibbling on a few french fries. Then, she smiled. "I'd still rather get my car than walk a dog." She told him with a small smile.

"Yeah for that $100 we discussed." Jerry said laughing his smirk showing he was thinking of the other payment form they'd discussed but not wanting to tell Ashley that one, she would probably be angry with them for even joking about that.

"How's the woper?" Jerry asked Jude trying to make conversation.

Jude laughed and rolled her eyes. "Well, I can walk and it won't cost me a hundred dollars." She told him, noting the look and wondering if he was thinking about the other payment they'd talked about. She could admit that was much more appealing than paying him money.

"It's delicious. I haven't been able to come here recently and I've missed the Whopper." She told him. "How's yours?" She asked, looking at Ashley as she pulled out her cell phone and started texting her boyfriend.

"Not bad." he said. Jerry was eating a double cheeseburger, and chicken fries. "You sure like your beaf big." Jerry Teased meaning her whopper but his teasing having an innuendo in that statement too. "Mine's not that big but it works well." he was of course on the surface talking about sandwiches, but also adding that little hint of tension back in, trying to lighten the mood. When Ashley rolled her eyes at his bad jokes he flipped her off. "Still dating Rod the clod?" he said. enjoying making fun of her boyfriend's name. At Ashley's glare he threw his hands up, "What, its not my fault he tripped over his own feet and knocked me over..." and at her look he laughed, "And no I don't care if we were playing twister, he's still a clumsyoaf who's not worthy of my sister." he said, his words suggesting that perhaps under it all he did really want the best for her. Although he wouldn't hold his breath waiting for her to notice that fact.

Ashley clearly didn't care for anything that Jerry was saying, but Jude laughed at all of it. "So long as it fill me, I don't care how big the beef is." Jude said, continuing on with his joke. She smiled at him, and held back a laugh at Ashley's gagging show. "Shut up and text your boyfriend." She said, grinning at her best friend. When she turned back to Jerry, she smiled and took a big bite of her sandwich. "So what are you planning tonight?" She asked him. "Any big plans now that you are back from school for the summer?"

"She doesn't like the joke because rod's probably clumsy in other ways too." he said smirking.

he smiled back at Jude glad she was joking with him again. "I'm going to make passionate love to my lover of course." he said with a straight face. "Jill." he said holding up his right hand which the fingers of which could spell out j i ll. He cracked up and smiled, "No probably just play guitar and relax."

Jude laughed softly, shrugging at the words about her best friend's boyfriend. She'd heard plenty about what they had done, and admittedly, he wasn't very graceful in any way.

When he said that he was going to be with his lover, she lost her smile, until he showed her his hand. She laughed with him and then playfully glared. "So, when I asked if you had a girlfriend you lied." She said, looking him in the eyes. "Right in front of her even. Imagine her heartbreak, thinking that you were flirting with me." She teased him.

"Want to watch a movie with me later?" She asked, getting a kick on her shin by her friend. "I've become a night-owl. And your sister here, actually sleeps." She explained. "And I really want to watch this movie that my friend Becca gave me." She said. "You know how I feel about horror movies. I could use a little distraction." Ashley actually laughed at that, having thought that Jude would watch the movie alone, she could only imagine her brother's reaction to the movie that was planned.

He held his hand up palm open. and then closed it and opened it again, "Its ok, we have an open relationship." he said with a straight face.

He shrugged, "we'll see, you might be able to convince me Jerry said sounding a little unenthused. He enjoyed jude's company but was not a big horor fan.

Jude frowned when Jerry said that she might be able to convince him. "No, it's no problem. I'll just watch it alone." She said, looking down at her french fries. She would just put out some popcorn and make herself comfortable in the living room. She'd done it before and she was sure she'd do it again.

Ashley took Jude's hand and tapped her palm. "You could ask..." Flipping her friend's hand over she read the name "Marcus.. To come over. I'm sure he'd watch it with you." Jude shrugged.

"I don't mind watching alone." She said, putting a fry in her mouth and nibbling on it.

Jerry realized after he spoke from her reaction that he had said the wrong thing, "Shiesh I was kidding. Yes I'll watch it with you Jude." he said pretetending to sound like she had twisted his arm to get him to agree, sticking out his tongue at her. His eyes locked with hers, watching her nibbling, his mind immediately jumping to other images and he blushed and looked away.
"No strange guys in my house when I'm in charge." Jerry said trying not to sound too jealous.

"It's fine." Jude said, standing up with her trash. "Don't worry about it." She glared at Ashley and hurried to throw her food away. She'd just gotten a text from her friend that had said 'You are pushing yourself on him. He probably thinks you are some kind of desperate dork.' "I'll be outside whenever you two are done." She said, blushing a soft shade of red as she hurried out of the restaurant.

"Did I say something wrong?" Jerry said softly unsure why Jude had seemed upset. He rose to follow her and then hesitated. "Jude." he said softly. "I was only kidding I..." he sighed and losed his mouth. He glared at his sister. Thinking it was her fault. He threw out his trash and then walked outside leaving Ashley alone. He looked for Jude, he didn't know what to do or say to her, but he felt like he'd done something wrong.

Jude was sitting beside Jerry's truck, on the curb and looking out at the highway. She had her phone in her hand, having read a new text message from her mother, saying that they were already having a great time in Cancun. What parent went to Cancun?! Shouldn't that be what the kids did?

She sighed. She kept making a fool out of herself when it came to Jerry. When she was younger she was always jumping around, trying to get him to look at her, now she was saying this or that, trying to get him to pay attention to her. How stupid could she be?

Jerry didn't understand what had happened, he had been paying attention to her, hell had been fantasizing about her mouth on his...well yeah when she'd been eating the fries.

He stood over her his hands in his pockets looking at his shoes. "What happened in there?" he asked bluntly unsure what else to do.

Hearing Jerry's voice, Jude jumped and turned around, closing her phone with a flick of her wrist. "I.." She didn't know what to say to his question. "I am sorry for pushing myself on you." She said quietly, standing up. "I guess I just missed you when you were gone." Admittedly, she was embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom