Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Coutdown Till Departure -Day to Day Countdown Till Basic-

Marie Massacre

Supporter
Supporter
40 Day Remaining​

Well, so the countdown begins. I only have 40 days now till I leave for basic training. I dunno, I guess I might be starting to get nervous. But it's not too bad. My recruiter and the whole recruiting station backing me. Most of my friends I made during Future Soldier Training are gone. They left for basic already. It's hard without them there to push me. We just got a new kid. But he's still in high school, he'll be around long after I'm gone. I'm somewhat pumped about leaving, but at the same time in the back of your mind you still have your doubts. But I'm ready as I've ever been.

39 Days Remaining​

Well, today was rather hectic. Stayed up all night, and didn't get a wink of sleep before my recruiter got here. We headed out to two local high schools. The first one, we spoke to the senior class about college and ROTC as an option. Then set up a booth with information. Of course, that was when the Marine Corps recruiter swooped in and decided that he too would set up a booth. Now, most recruiters now, that if a school already has one branch set up in the cafeteria, that they should probably leave. Staying is just bad JuJu. But this guy didn't leave. He stayed and decided to bring a graduate of said high school so that they would connect.

Second school was just a brief in an out visit. Setting up an appointment so that he could talk to the faculty about starting an Army Club, which would possibly later turn ingto an ROTC Unit. But that school went quickly. Soon we returned to the office and began on the mountains of paperwork that needed to be done. But not too long into paperwork, his personal cell rang. His kids had been in a car wreck. Everyone was fine, but that car was totaled and we needed to get there ASAP. So we headed for the wreck site. This soon led to a visit to his home, and a visit to the children's mother who had turned to a basket case over her kids.

After dropping the kids back off at his house we headed back to the office to lock up. This lead to some very awkward interaction. Including tickling me, as well as hair pulling. Despite being told what pulling my hair did to me. But he ran me home. And I went directly to my friends house and we began our booze night. Sipping on Bud Light until 3 in the morning while sitting around a bon fire that we could barely get going, quite a good night if you ask me.

... that sounds a bit inappropriate of your recruiter to try. Particularly in a professional setting. Yeah, kind of a homegrown Tailhook scandal.

If you don't dig him, probably best to warn him off in the future. And if he doesn't listen, you need to report that kind of thing.

This assumes that you're not into it.

38 Days Remaining​

Well, all in all today was pretty fun. Woke up later and almost instantly my friend comes bursting up the stairs to tell me that tonight was going to be prank night. So I get dressed in my jeans and my Army shirt and head to her house. As the night stretches on, we wait on her parents to leave for work and go to bed. As her mom left for work her dad went straight to bed. So we went to the bathroom. Grabbing the assorted camo out of the closet. We each put on full military camo. Me I have on Marine Corps camo, I wasn't sure what her's was. But we put on face paint and camo hats and made a night of it. We T.Ped our friends truck, only for her to accidentally send a picture to him. But we then T.Ped two more trucks. Leaving them all to get sticky in the coming rain. We then camped out for a bit on the hay in her garge and watching the barn for those that tried to get us back.

37 Days Remaining

So, today, was honestly....eh. It was very boring. I spent most of the day sleeping, and role playing. But the role playing was fun. The sleeping, eh, not so much. I'm beginning to get more and more excited about leaving. But at the same time I am getting more and more nervous. I have spent so much time waiting for the say I could join. And don't get me wrong, I love the Army, but i'm still very understandably nervous. But, I'm strong, physically and mentally. I can handle it. So I guess I'm ready. They could offer me a sooner date and I would take it. Just to get it over with.

Back
Top Bottom