Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vampire {the Masquerade} // WoD

So, would anyone be interested if I started a group roleplay based loosely on Vampire the Masquerade? Basically, a club where the undead gather to socialize and such...

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone would like this sort of thing.

No. Twilight. Vamps. :exclamation: Please. Lol... ;)

I'd play it, as long as it isn't Kindred the Embraced related. :leglare: :p

What kind of Clan limitations are you considering?

Definitely NOT Kindred the Embraced related. No fanstuffs here. I am thinking Camarilla, unless more people want something else.. Of course, you can play a non-Camarilla vamp.. as far as limitiations.. None of the uber-silly madeups, and, otherwise, if it's canon, why not? I might personally prefer no Baali, for example, but wouldn't make a rule about it. Yes, I will mind a bit if someone wants to play an antideluvian or such.. all I'd ask is 'within reason'.

Ok, this is what I am thinking of as the "setup" - so please, I want commentary on what you think of the idea:

The Veritas Club

To mortal eyes, the club is a nightclub like any other, dark and lit with flashes of spotlight and strobe, long black metal bars catering to any drinker's wants, throbbing music loudly pulsing through the place, usually a DJ, sometimes a band or three, men and women cruising for their particular flavor of partner du jour. The bouncers at the doors scan for weapons with hand-held detectors.

The rule is that one does not feed on these mortal patrons unless one can cloud their mind so that they do not remember it, and then only in private. Assuredly, one does not kill any of them – breaking this rule will get a vampire irrevocably banned – if not worse.

At the rear of the nightclub there is a staircase leading down, and entrance to this staircase is guarded by a man and a women dressed as employees of the club, both look more than capable of restraining just about anyone they choose; they are ghouls, and possess enough Auspex to determine if one seeking to descend is kine or Cainite. If one managed to sneak a weapon past the bouncers at the door, it may well set off the more sophisticated wall-mounted detectors, setting off a silent alarm. Any agro with the ghoul guards will also set off an alarm, as there are several cameras which are monitored at all times.

Yes, of course, there are elder vampires, and others, a powerful mage, for example, who can fool the guards and the technology. If this is happening, you will please explain, in mechanics terms, how. I really would appreciate if no one decided to have a garou attack the place, though, again, very little is forbidden.

Once entrance has been gained to the lower level, through another set of double doors at the bottom of the steps, the atmosphere changes from that of the club above. The space is half as large as the club above, though there are doors leading off from it suggesting the extra space is taken up by other rooms. Several are marked 'private', and are locked with electronic locks. The others are open, having locks that lock from the inside, deadbolts, basically, and are available unless some other patron has availed themselves of a room.

The main lounge itself is softly lit, but not as dim as the club above it, with black leather sofas and counterpoint red chairs scattered about, marble topped tables here and there; the floor is black granite tile. The music from above is much quieter down here, allowing for conversation without yelling. The walls are decorated artworks, primarily abstract impressionism.

There is blood available in the form of ghouls, several of whom sit on a couch together near the private offices/rooms, pretty much the vampire version of stepping up to the bar. There are males and females both, and all of them were apparently chosen primarily for aesthetics, as they are all very attractive. There is alcohol available at a small bar, primarily for feeding to your dinner of choice, and a small sign at the bar indicates “Other Flavors Available Upon Request” - a sharp nose will indicate the presence of several chemicals, presumably drugs, which can also be given to the ghouls before drinking.

Again, the rule is one does not kill or incapacitate these ghouls, and should one forget his or her manners in this or otherwise, there are several ghouls not available for dinner as well as a vampire guard to remind them; perhaps there are other guards unseen.

The vampire guard stands at the back, near the stairs, he is dressed in a neat black suit, and watches everything with alert amber eyes. He doesn't seem too physically imposing, other than his height, but then, such appearances mean little to the undead.

Now, as to the management. This is information any vampire who lives in the city or bothers to find out will know. The owners are Angelique Morrison, Toreador, and Victore Dilaluna, Malkavian.

Angelique's heritage is known, she is of the eight generation, and has previously served as a scourge in another domain. She is also a famed patron of the arts, particularly, visual arts. She is 5'10” tall, curvaceous and very graceful, known to be a deadly fighter, obviously, but much preferring to behave in a civilized manner. She is also very beautiful, golden bronzed skin, model perfect features, long braided black hair, and dark chocolate colored eyes that seem to offer warmth. She is almost always friendly and warm unless provoked, and circulates throughout the club, socializing and making sure that the guests are comfortable, flirting in a casual and teasing way. She dresses in the height of fashion, and formally, wearing gowns from the most select houses.

About Victore, much less is known; he has never, as far as anyone is aware, held any position of significance. He is also normally polite and welcoming, though occasionally off-putting, as he will sometimes greet guests in an odd fashion, overly familiar, as if he knows them when obviously, he doesn't. He is an inch shorter than Angelique, and not imposing looking in the least, slender and almost boyish, paler than she is – pallid white, in fact, and ordinary looking, really, with a mop of almost unkempt auburn hair, except for his eyes, which are the guileless blue of a summer sky but seem to stare right through whatever he is gazing on. His fashion sense is apparently lacking, as he wears usually some combination of jeans and a long-sleeved tee.

The vampire guard is Gregory, and he, too, is a bit of a mystery, not even his surname (“Just Gregory's fine,”) or his Clan being certain, though it is said he is Brujah. He favors the dark suits, and, stands six-and-a-half feet tall, well muscled, but not bulky. He has short, almost military, well-kept blond hair, and amber eyes, and unless approached,(or in the event of trouble,) he tends to keep back from the goings on in the club, hovering near the little bar in most instances.

Last, there is Samantha Juliano, the club manager, who is usually to be found in her office, but when she comes out, she is even more friendly than Angelique, whose Clan she shares, though Samantha is the artiste and not the patron sort. Famed thirty years ago as a prima ballerina, she has, of course, since retired, for the time being, but her absolute grace is apparent, as well as he beauty – though not as stunning as her Clanmate, she is the ideal beauty of the milky blonde sort, and wears her golden hair up in a topknot, with a few tendrils loose around a doll-like and lovely face; like Victore, her eyes are blue, but unlike his, hers are open and seem happy, instead of strange.

Now, the rules, which are posted discretely for the patrons knowledge:

1.) Do not kill or drain the blood ghouls to incapacity, or attempt to brawl with the guards.
2.) Do not assault or attack other vampires, whether guest or management.
3.) Do not deface or vandalize the rooms.
4.) Firearms and swords are not allowed.
5.) Ghouled or otherwise controlled mortal guests are permitted, but are entirely the responsibility of the vampire who brought them.
6.) Other than the above, anything goes.

Disturbances are dealt with on a case by case basis; if two vampires begin to fight, provided they are not endangering others, or wrecking the place, they may well be left to resolve the matter for themselves. If the staff feels the need to intervene, they will, and at the very least, banning from the premise is always a possibility. Other incidents bring a more immediate response, such as killing off one of the club's ghouls.

Basically, all I am asking of players is common sense. If there is rampant godmoding and ridiculously overpowered characters bent on wreaking havoc, the whole thing becomes less fun for all. This isn't to say you can't start a fight, or bring in a Euthanatos impersonating a vampire, or have your Sabbat stop by.. Just, please understand that if you bring in a raging uber-powerful Abomination bent on killing everyone, I will feel free to counter with the ridiculous myself, and the floor will turn out to be Vicissitude'd flesh and swallow up the offender in a gaping demon maw, or such.

Obviously, sex, bloodplay, general vampire fun, to whatever degree you desire.

Sounds good, but would a sabbat be welcome if he were to play as nice as his kind can?

If a Sabbat came in and played nice, how would we know he were Sabbat? *smile* Or, perhaps one would know, but that one might be the sort to .. not much care. :)

I am in if you will have me, maybe thinking something on the sorts of a Malkavian slut or something like that ^^

Prince Valium said:
Special Purpose = Black Hand? Lol.

Malkavians of whatever sort only improve the scenery. :)

No, he was an expert manipulator, even for a member of his clan, and was often used to go to all sorts of places that Sabbat normally wouldn't, on the surface as a diplomat but always trying to shift things to his own ends

How do you feel about a Samedi Vodoun? There are more details to the character, which should be detailed in private.

Cecidius said:
How do you feel about a Samedi Vodoun? There are more details to the character, which should be detailed in private.

Any bloodline or clan that isn't something someone made up is welcome, so, yeah! Just.. hope he's good with the obfuscate - or not - would be funny. :)

I just cannot seem to escape oWoD no matter where I go. :D

If the ideas are still being passed around, I do have an Elder Salubri that hasn't seen the light of day in a few years, of course he is posing as a Toreador for obvious reasons (See Tremere). Though there is the temptation to play Ennoia just for the hell of it.

I'd really rather no one play an antideluvian. I reserve the right to play Caine and eat you if you do. And ending the world at the beginning of the game seems kinda, I dunno, pointless... :)

I played wod before, however I do need some help with it. Can I just be a mortal who vampires in the club can drink from? or do I need to be a vampire? let me know please.

Name: Vincent Anthis
Apparent Age: 22
Clan (or Bloodline): Lasombra
Generation: 9th
Description:
Night_color_by_heise-1.jpg
He stands just a hair taller then six feet tall.
Other: Vincent was only embraced sixty years ago but in that time he had become quite famous within his clan. In a clan well known for being cunning and manipulative he has demonstrated that he has a particular talent and because of this he is afforded some level of independence, being allowed to move about and do as he likes so long as his motives are to further the goals of the Sabbat and the Lasombra.

Like all members of his clan he is incredibly vain but has found an interesting way to view himself. Instead of just having a flesh copy sculpted he went out and had a perfect manikin made of him, similar to the 'Real Dolls'. It is with this manikin that he figures out what clothing looks good on him and what does not.

For purpose of power he can be considered around the sixth level for both Dominate and Obtenebration and on the fifth for Potence, though Vincent detests getting his hands dirty and would much rather work through others then do something so crude as openly strike at his foe.

Acid said:
I played wod before, however I do need some help with it. Can I just be a mortal who vampires in the club can drink from? or do I need to be a vampire? let me know please.

Yes, you can play a mortal from the club uptop, IF you can find a vampire to bring you down below. A mortal will not get down on her own, but could attract a 'sponsor' as far as a vampire prowling the nightclub.

Back
Top Bottom