Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A-bombs and Gas Masks [Snazzy+Marrie]

Snazzy Trinket

Super-Earth
Name: October Califia Denivont.
Nick Name: "O"
Bar code: Small of His back [367B38-2220R-5050]
Class:Stripped
Height.: 6'0
Hair:Black
Race: Caucasian/Organic

October stared down the steps his jaw clenched in irritation as he ran over the different formalities that needed to be covered for the night’s proceedings. They where planning on flying flags tonight and in truth, it didn’t seem like much were sorted out. He didn’t even know who was attending, they didn’t have a flight pattern mapped out and he didn’t know where his partner was. All he had was an address a bunch of supplies and growing hole in the very pit of him that said quite clearly that this wasn’t going to go well.

"Where in the fuck is he?" He questioned as he looked around the dusking streets finally noticing how long he had been sitting on that stoop. HIs mind clicked back to the event at hand and an exasperated sigh forced its way passed his lips as he stood “Sitting here isn’t gong to find him.” He spoke out to himself before he carefully gathered his things and started down the street heading to The House. If he wasn’t there October was going to drop his role in this all tougher. The risk of playing search and fallow with the supplies he was lugging around was out right stupid being caught with the contraband would lead to nothing good.

His eyes dulled a bit as he made his way down the street trying his best to put on a nonchalant demeanor as he passed numerous blurred out faces that cluttered the street. It made uncomfortable to be up and about at this time of day, there were too many people out during this time. To many chances for trouble or confrontation, it just sat him on edge.

He rounded the corner and came to a large home sitting at the very end of the street and started up a stoop of a large two story house. The building was an odd yellow color and it seemed to be decaying a bit on the outside. The metal railing on the stairs was covered with a worn white paint that was chipped in many areas and showed the rusted black that laid underneath.

There was a cracked window on the right side, but that could only be seen because it was the only one with out sun wilted shutters slammed shut over it. The over hang seemed to be damaged by sun, water and time and it pulled together the scene of the unkempt home. But what was truly odd about the home was the garden. It was flourishing with roses of all sorts of color that swirled in the moonlight giving a rather awkward appearance to the house. He quickly rang the door bell a red light clicking on and blinking in the window signaling that someone was there. Soon after the door opened a slender red headed female answered the door with a wide smile on her face. "O!" she exclaimed in a muddled voice as she spread her tattooed arms out to wrap around the young male.

October smiled and laughed a bit as he hugged her back but didn't say anything till he pulled away and began to sign to her while speaking out loud out of habit. "How are you love?" His hands matched the segments of speech. "Is K-a-d-i-n Here?"

"Mmm?" The girl mumbled with a frown as she thought, her lips coming together in a line, she looked back in to the house for a moment before she answered. “He was here a while Ago; I don’t know where he is right now though. Come in.”

She did her best to properly pronounce what she meant to say before sighing and looking to Akabane and signing the words along side of her speech. "Talk to Ex" she said as she lead them down the hall. He let out another sigh as he kicked of his shoes and stepped in on to the wilting wooden floor fallowing behind the girl. Her name was Technically Samantha, but she went by Splinter for multiple reasons. She was one of the crew that had been around since his had Haden started back when they were around 13. She had been rendered deft when she was 5 bye the air raid systems that were blasted though her sector during a government warranted raid , the cause of the search: false accusations of illegal importing of food and supplies to a restrictive section. 20 people killed, many more injured- results of incriminating evidence: Zero.

Splinter could hear about 5% of sounds and tones but having her hearing in her younger years allowed her broken speech and the ability to read lips. It was easy enough to communicates with her, you just had to make sure you spoke clearly and that she could see your mouth when you were talking, and to get her attention you just had to tap her shoulder or stomp a foot, which is why people didn’t ware shoes in the house.

As he entered his eyes set on a white cat curled up on the side table. He smiled and scooped her up before he continued down the hall. Its blue eyes seemed to seep with annoyances as he perched it high in the air with a smile. “Bitch” He cackled, quickly putting the squirming cat in to the fold of his arm and it slowly relaxed as he started to pet it.

"So where is Ex? I owe him a busted lip.” He stated playfully, though he knew Splinter my not here most of it, if any. “He gave me something the other day and it had me completely laid out the entire day, I could hardly think. I wouldn’t have minded if he would have giving me some form of heads up before he sent me on a spiral. I don’t like when he does shit like that, it’s underhanded, shows a very bad side of him.”

"I can here you, you know?" a voice called from above them. October looked up to see a long haired man suspended from the high ceiling, the second story, his grin spread ear to ear as he a spray can in his hand.

"I speak only the truth my friend." Akabane said with annoyance, though the smile hadn’t left his face.

"Ahh, you have always been one for that." He called down to the two. "What brings you?"

"I’m looking for Karen, it seems the fucker has either excluded me from a set in or bailed on me. Either way, I want to know why."

“The rally was canceled because the press conference was postponed. No one told you that?" Ex said nodding upside down "Jenny said she’d stop by and tell you."

October cursed "No, no one told me. Why the hell would you send Jenny anyway? "

"I see... well you know now right?"

October just stared blankly up at the male not finding the response worthily of another.

“Sorry bout that. Next time yeah?"

"Whatever" October stated as he watched Ex wing his way over to the banister jumping from the rope he was hanging from and landing on the top stair and he quickly scampered down the stairs with a smile and quickly walked past them to the living room of the old hose taking his seat. "Hey don’t get mad at me, I wasn’t involved with that thing. Haden is around here somewhere. Come sit down and relax for a bit, you seem… well…annoyed.” He stated seeming as though he gave it little to no thought.

October followed him in to the room, sitting across from him with cat still purring in his arms.

"Yeah." Ex answered with a nod. "So."

October smirked at the expression that set its way over Ex’s face, knowing very well the other was about to change conversation.

"Did it taste like cherries?"

Despite his frustrations he laughed instantly understanding what he meant. "Oh yes my friend, but next time, tell me what the hell it is. Swear for a second there was I fell in to oblivion. Oh no! You’re flourishing orange!" He mocked.

"Ah, but did it help."

He chuckled with a nod before taking the time to think about what he wished to say. He had not noticed that Splinter had come up to him and remove the cat, who seemed rather displeased with the act, from his lap and took a seat next to her love and began to watch Akabane closely as if she didn't want to miss what he was going to say. A light smile graced her lips.

"Yes, but still must confess. It was indeed alarming with the walls began to tremble under the weight of gravity... But still... I let my hand slowly smear monochromatic color across the led covering of the wilting barriers that disassociate me to the outside"

He stopped for a second and thought again, he hadn't forgotten that there were others in the room with them and would probably be lost in the conversation but he assumed that they would grasp the idea that he was talking about a trip of his.

"I don't remember most of the night really, I know I spent most of it in the room with Sally, and she wasn't much help being so loaded. I remember that my eyes drew to the large clicking clock hanging on the mantel; the face taunted me while its hands moved counter to the ways of time and I couldn't seem to make out the large digital numbers that were displayed. But they dripped with an irony that agitated me to the point that I simply wished to kill time and every thing that it involved. But I quickly shook that idea out of my mind and I began to step in rhythms of eight, figuring I would much rather beat the damn thing the sully my hands with something so: One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight..."

October snapped his fingers in time to his word and the few listeners gave a chuckle to the puns that flowed throughout his story. That was one thing that October was good at, getting peoples attention and having them understand what he was trying to say no matter how… odd… the meaning was.

"I couldn't tell you whether it was day or... dusk?... not night I am sure... because if it were night then it would be oh to obvious. You see, my mouth was agape and if it were night then the shadows would have dripped down my throat like a swig of tar, and coated my stomach with black sharpie."

His expression quickly changed in to a false panic and he tensed his body.

"'Oh no!' I exclaimed, there I went, spilling coffee all over the perfect white tiles of my kitchen. Well, not quite perfect, they are previously stained with the coffee of two weeks ago-" He stopped to sort out his thoughts again "next Tuesday." and waved the idea off "Sally brought something up that I couldn't quite answer because I was distracted by something ‘I can't quite remember.’"

October tensed again "'Oh-please- please don't bother me with that!’ I waved her off again -like I always do- ‘I'm drinking my coffee and if it doesn't reach my stomach soon the tar will harden and god knows what will happen. I poured the steamy substance into my favorite cup.

-‘Damn it! Pay attention!’-

A voice echoed in my eyes as my ears caught the sight of coffee slashing on the tile as it did tomorrow and the day before yesterday as well.

'How much?' I asked in confusion only to get a shake of the head from my comrade as she once again began to scrub the tile. I didn’t catch what she mumbled to me, that I will admit, for my attention was dedicated to my mug that sat on the table across the room.

It's interesting, when the world begins to melt...the colors bleed and my coffee mug turns to a puddle and slowly eats its way through the table." His words slowly died down and stared out with a slight smirk parting his lips and the room went quite for a second as the others took time to process all that he had said. The odd thing was, they seemed to be having a normal conversation, and the other two actually seemed to understand what he had meant by the entire thing. No word went unanalyzed as the room stayed quite for a long while.

It stayed quiet until Kaden came skidding in that was. "Look who finally showed up!" Kaden laughed. He stumbled a bit but quickly regained him balance. "We were actually just coming to find you, but then, you were here. And you weren't there. So we had to come back!" Kaden knew October would be angry because he was drunk, but he couldn't help it. It was almost second nature to him, drinking and drugs were now. He could tell already October was angry. He stumbled over to him. Hugging him. "Don't be mad at me. You know you can't stay mad at me. You love me too much!" Kaden smiled a dorky, crooked smile in hopes to calm him down further.

Kaden had always been like this. It was just his nature. He was a goof ball, the proverbial class clown. He had a severe case of ADHD. He could never focus on anything for more then five minutes at a time, and was constantly bouncing off of walls, quite literally. He liked to run up walls and do back flips off of them, though, trying it at that moment would not have been suggested. It would've been just as likely that he'd fall and bust his head, like he had many times, as it would be that he actually landed. Though his hyper moments were second to that of his moments of depression. He was diagnosed early on with Bi-Polar disorder as well as a very mild case of scizophrenia. So he was truly one very crazy young man. He was having one of his good days, in which he was himself, and very hyper.

Octobers eyes shot to the door with a startle at first as his long time missing friend stumbled his way in. He didn't like sudden jumps in moment, there was something about it that made him uneasy. It was often times questioned why exactly he had taken so well the Kaden considering this fact alone. Kaden was... obnoxious and hyper and distinctly annoying at some points in time. He Was flaky and rude- curd and all other things that generally shot annoyance through October. But when ever hew as asked why he kept the kid, a term used loosely, he would shrug his shoulders and say "The kid's got guts and I know if I need him to he gets his shit done."

And that was true, Kaden had never really let him down before. He always seemed to be the one to be there with him beating in heads or getting their heads beat in. He could count on him... well most of the time."

His dark green eyes narrowed to a point as he watched his hibernated comrade stumble in to the room. He was drunk? He was DRUNK! He had been lugging around illegal ingredient to a massive smoke bomb the entire day trying to play wing man to this inconsiderate fucker and his causes and he bailed on him to go get drunk? With out even calling off the plan? What that really just what happened?

Octobers face fell to stone as he watched Kaden stumble towards him, he didn't hear what he had said, he didn't care too, he was pissed. Sure, October was far from clean and sober- that was obvious- but he knew when it was time to play and when it was time to work.

"Don't." He said pulling away from the hug as the arms tried to welcome him. "I'm not in the mood for your shit. I've been trudging around supply for the last 7 hours looking for your ass. You contacted me and you left me out to dry. Do you know what could have happened if I got caught with this shit Kaden? I'd be locked up for terrorism. I have a stripped collar, that 40 years, at least and you couldn't make sure I got pulled before I showed up to the address- Alone. That's low my friend. You're work is as underhanded as the causes you fight against. I don't have time to fight with you or even deal with you right now for that matter. Go away, and while your gone come up with a better excuse cuz you'll need to argue it well. Quickly, go find your resolve at the bottom of another bottle. I'm speaking with Ex." October spoke in a dry almost disassociated tone as he kept his eyes directed at the wall behind Ex's head. He wasn't much for yelling, or screaming, or throwing fits but he was very blunt when he was angry and clearly... he wasn't to happy with the other right now.

It was true that his irritation would only last for a few days, maybe a week tops, if Kaden let it last that long. For some reason no matter how much October wanted to stay angry with the man beside him he often times felt bad, knowing that the other had horrid mood swings and that he could easily be the cause of one if he stayed too angry for to long.

He readjusted himself on the couch as he pulled the back back off his shoulders and dropped it on the floor near his feet with a thud. "Here, take your supplies with you. I don't need them."

Kaden ran his fingers through his hair. Truth be told, Kaden didn't drink much. Only when he was upset. He picked up the bag and walked away. Finding another couch to sit on. He had been having the most shit day. He woke up to his girlfriend of 6 years gone, and only a note saying that it was over. Sure, he was hard to put up with. But she had put up with him for a long time. The truth was he had been saving for a few years to buy a ring, he'd bought it the night before she left. He sat on the couch, trying to keep himself from crying. He hadn't meant to upset October, but he felt like he was dying. She ripped his heart from his chest with her bare hands and ground it into the dust.

He couldn't even explain what was going through his mind at the moment. His mind was being pulled a thousand different ways. Trying to come up with a reasonable explination as to why she'd left. But prehaps it was just him. But this was where his bi polarity really was in full swing. Tears began falling down his cheeks. His elbows resting on his knees, and his head in his hands. October was the only other person in the world that care about Kaden, and now he was pissed at him.

October kept his eyes aimed a the wall as the bag was picked up and Kaden took a seat on a near by couch. He could feel the eyes on him and it agitated him more then anything, suddenly he felt like a bully for not giving in to Kaden's shit. It always happened like this -always-, Kaden would fuck up and he had to swallow his tongue or he came off like the big bad wolf.

He rolled his eyes before directing them to Ex and Splinter who seemed to be rather uncomfortable with the situation. "Excuse me." He said as he pushed himself off the couch and walked passed his friend looking down to him for a moment to see him crying. Amazing.

He shook his head before he continued though the house finding his way to the kitchen. He lingered in the door way for a moment as he thought of what it was he was looking for. Well, he knew what he wanted, but fact was he wasn't willing to make it. He let out a sigh as he walked to the fridge and looked inside, he grabbed a soda and cracked it open before he perched himself on a near by counter top and stared down to the white tile below him. "One two three for five six seven eight." He mused sipping the drink as he thought.

His eyes flickered back up to the entrance of the kitchen as Ex entered with a frown on his face. "Your work is as underhanded as the causes you fight against?" He asked in a firm tone, his face hardened as he leaned against the door frame. "That's kind of harsh don't you think?"

"I had Akilin gases in that bag because he asked me to bring them and he didn't show. Kinda makes you wonder what exactly he was trying to do."

"You're paranoid. The kid fucked up. You didn't even let him speak before you dismissed him, you don't know what happened."

"I'm not paranoid, I just don't trust things blindly."

"You've been working with him for like... what is it 7 years? You still don't trust him?"

"Not when he pulls shit like that."

"You shouldn't cut your ears off to a friend. His voice is his own, let him speak freely and comfortably with you or your no better then the causes you fight Aigneis."

Octobers eyes narrowed to the flooring as he was quoted and he let out a sigh. "Big. Bad. Wolf." He said drolly as he let his feet swing, clonking against the cabinet beneath him. "You turn a blind eye to the fact that you would have wigged out if you were left ass out on any sort of meet and yet I lash out towards Kaden and the world crumbles. It's very typical. I'm not wrong, so I will not apologize. Aside from that, I didn't say anything that wasn't true."

Kaden picked up the bag, walking to the kitchen and throwing the bag at October. "I done! This stupid cause has cost me too damn much!" Kaden shouted. "Anari left me! I bought the ring last night. Just like I told you was going to. And I woke up this morning, and she was gone! All that was left as a note. That said 'We're over.' Nothing else. How am I supposed to react October? You know how I am! You know what happens when I fucking get upset? It's not like I had anyone else to talk to. I couldn't get ahold you. So I drank. because it made the pain go away. Have you ever had your heart ripped out October? Cause that's what this feels like. And I think it was because of all this... That she left.... We fought about it last night..." Kaden had finally vented. His buzz was gone and he was completely sobered. He was making much more sense now then he had not ten minutes ago. He turned and began walking toward the door, running his fingers through his hair. His skinny jeans clinging to him tightly.

October hissed with a start as the bag was thrown as his feet, the gasses in the canisters where explosive, knocking them around wasn't the best idea in the world. Even Ex flinched a bit as the silver canisters inside knocked against each other with a coiled clank. "Are you fucking stupid?" October seethed, his tone not raising in the slightest but they way it hardened reeked with danger. Kaden was pushing buttons, he was sure that he knew that, but at the same time he was sure that he really didn't care.

Ex eyed October as a worried pain set in to the pit of his stomach. October was... dangerous. Anyone in the house knew that. His sadism and nihilistic ways often time rendered his mortality useless particularly in times of high stress. His calling card was bomb planting and abduction. Don't get it wrong though, he had value of life... but only if he saw your life as valuable. "Hey. Haden, Why don't you go talk with Splinter for a bit. She's worried about you." Ex suggested as his eyes held on Octobers sobered face.

"Don't." The command came clear as day in a dark powerful tone. "When a bomb is 10 seconds from exploding what do you do? Do you waste your time trying to defuse it? Or do you run like hell to get out of the like of fire?"

"O, I'm just."

"Leave."

Ex blinked a few times before he hesitantly pushed off of the door frame and walked down the hall back to the sitting room. It wasn't so much that he was afraid of October, so much that he knew better then to get in his way. He depended on him for so much that... well... with out the home he'd struggle a whole lot more then he did now.

October smirked as Kaden began to rant, frankly he couldn't find himself caring all to much for what the other was saying. He had already said enough... he was leaving his cause. Abandoning what he stood for for the sake of some trampy harlot that had been nothing but trouble since she had been around. With out a cause a man or woman was nothing... they were to weak to struggle though the hardships of being part of something bigger then a man... and October didn't have time for weak people.

He chuckled a bit as he reached in to his pocket and pulled out a pack of smokes -tobacco- not electronic, a point to be later made. He plucked one from the back and slid it between his lips before lightening it and taking in a long drag as he watched the other walk away from him. "Come. Here." He commanded his voice dripping with an ominous doom. "You don't walk away from me, I could give a damn who you think you are. I heard you speak, now you will listen to be. Now come here. If you so choose to continue out that door I'll be sure you're dead before you hit the pavement my friend."

The chilling thing was... he was absolutely serious.

Kaden let out a shakey breath, turning to look at him. It was a partnership, be it an abusive, love-hate partnership or not. It was still a partnership. He sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm over reacting I guess. You know how I get... My scizophrenia gets the better of me sometimes," he said. He walked backed over. He scratched the back of his head. "I should probably make it up to you man. Is there anything that needs to be done? You know I'll do anything that needs to be done." And he wasn't lying about that. When something needed done he was the go to man. He would get it done faster and more efficiently then anyone else could. Despite all of his mental problems he was a very smart young man. With an IQ measuring at 181. Playing with one of the piercings in his lip with his tongue he looked at October, the piercing moving in random directions, it looked very odd.

October's eyes narrowed as the man in front of him began to speak again, seemingly searching for an excuse within a falsified apology. He was blaming his desires again, October hated when he did that mainly becasue he knew when the man was truly struggling and when he was simply being a brat.

O had been there to hold Haiden when he was in the middle of a laps, he was the one who force fed him medications -which he hated to do- or talked him down from some outrageous plan he had formed while in a sickened state. He knew how Haiden behaved, sure, he may be in pain but this wasn't a laps and knowing that pissed October off even more. "You fucking lie." He said coldly as he sucked down the toxic fumes of the stick and exhaled them through his teeth in log stringy strands of smoke. "This. This is not your sickness, this is you bring a brat, she left... get the fuck over it, she was nothing but dead weight anyway and I'm beginning to see you in the same light. You wanna know what I want from you? I wasn't you to fucking think once in a while kid.

Use that genius I.Q. of yours. Do you even remember what you had asked me to bring? You know what's in that bag you just threw across the room right? What happens when explosives are upturned Kaden? What the fuck happens!" Octobers voice spiked in volume as he felt his anger jump inside him and his body reacted by physicly flinching in the other males diection but he caught himself, notticing how quite it had gotten in the front room. They were waiting for October to loose his temper and strike so they could possibly pull him away before Kaden got hurt.

October wasn't crazy, actually, he was more then likely the most sane out of the group. He was just mean. He didn't put up with shit and this scenario was nothing but a big heaping pile of shit.

"I'm sorry O.... And I know. I was pissed off. And I shouldn't have acted the way I did," Kaden said. He knew he could be a brat from time to time. But it was how he was. He tried to stop being that way. But when October said he was starting to see him in the same light it felt like a punch to the gut. It may not have been a physical blow, but it felt like it. It knocked the breath out of the young man. "Yeah, well, half the time I'm too damn busy with you breating me to use my intelligence! You're an ass hole and you fucking know it October! Yeah, you might get things done that way! But it pisses people off! It upsets people! Especially those of use that have a hard enough fucking time controlling our emotions as it is! And then you mentally fuck us up even more!"

This was the first time that Kaden had ever snapped back at October in this way. He had never so much as said an angry word to him, let alone called him out about being an ass hole. But he had gone through too much emotional trauma that day. Kaden shoved his hands in his pockets, feeling the ring there. He sighed, and pulled it out roll it around in his fingers. He had calmed down a bit, his breathing calm and even. And his emotions not running quite so high as they had been when he yelled at October. "Here, pawn this if ya want. It's worth at least two hundred bucks. It'll get us some more supplies. I know it's not much, but hey. I don't need it anymore."

Back
Top Bottom