Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reanimator's Horror Weekend Schedule

There are certainly some people here with good taste!

Since I'm home sick today, I'm doing an 80's horror marathon to bring my spirit's up.

Up next: Shocker

Already watched:
  • 976-EVIL
  • Re-Animator

Yet to watch:
  • The Lost Boys
  • Maniac Cop
  • Brain Damage
  • Pet Sematary

The Lost Boys has to be one of my top five horror movies as a kid. I remember watching it over and over and over again on HBO.

I'm working on the getting better part. Fever's a good excuse to watch movies, drink lots of water, and gorge myself on chicken noodle soup.

Same here, about The Lost Boys. That movie had it all. Vampires, gore and very dark humor. I loved the Frog Brothers and their one liners. Just the best.

And continue working on that... being sick is just no fun at all. But, you are right. It's a GREAT excuse to lounge and watch movies and not feel the least bit guilty about it. *gives you some chicken soup*

Predators, in my humble opinion, is a delightful return to what made the first Predator movies so good. Big badasses going off into the jungle only to find out that they are prey for the biggest baddest aliens on the block. There's more action then you can shake a stick at, Adrian Brody is fantastic and strangely believable in the role. The crew of victims is made of of an entertaining cast of motley miscreants that left me actually rooting for them, rather than the predators.

It's short comings come from it's race to get to the action. There isn't the same level of character development that we saw in the first two Predator films and they rely entirely on the surface personalities of the characters to keep you interested and invested in them. It might have been nice to get to know these characters a little bit better or even seen them in their "natural" environments.

I did enjoy the attempt to explain why the Predators in recent films have looked so different from the originals. The blood feud thing worked though the exposition came from an unlikely source. (Just how did he know?)

Splice was good stuff. Classic sci fi-horror right down to the monstrous creation acting out against it's creators. I liked the use of sexual tension in the last half of the film as a way of keeping the audience a bit uneasy. When Dren attack's Sarah Polley's character at the very end I found myself a bit aroused which I think says bad things about me. lol

I don't think either were exactly Shakespeare but both are good enough that I will buy them.

GAH! Do you know that I actually tried to get The Lost Boys at Walmart yesterday only for the stupid store not to have it?!?!?! X_X They had The Lost Boys 2 though...... who knew they'd made a second? Most certainly not me. lol. You do realize it's become my mission now. hehe.

And was Predators indeed good? I loved the original. Cool concept, great story. So hearing this makes me happy. I also am rather fond of the Alien franchise (even if the 4th flick was mediocre at best). I never saw AvP and then based on what I'd heard was kind of glad of this. SO... hearing about this revisit to one of two amazing franchises makes this girl feel nice and warm and fuzzy inside. :)

DA, I'll be honest and say that you're crazy not to catch Predators. It's not BETTER than the first two but it's everything I'd want from a sequel (mostly.) Like I said, they could have done a little more character development but then again, what movie nowadays couldn't? I think that the lack of development doesn't hurt the likability of the characters though. I just think that if there had been more development I would have LOVED them rather than just LIKED them, you know what I mean?

I totally get what you mean. Hrmmm... I have lots to watch now. And what better time to start than October. Only my favorite month EVER! Why? Halloween!!! I'll admit, it's my favorite time of year. And yes.... hubs got REALLY worried I'd pull some freakish Halloween theme for our wedding since we got married over Halloween weekend... damned holiday didn't fall on a Saturday that year, LOL! But I digress. XD Good to know for sure. I recall the trailer looking kick ass. I know what I'll have to rent now. hehe!!!

Today was a busy day of zombies. I have two zombie rp's about to start and I'm really quite excited about both.

Watched...
  • Night of the Living Dead (1968)
  • Dawn of the Dead (1978)
  • Day of the Dead
  • Land of the Dead
  • Dead Alive (or Braindead for those non-American types)
  • Return of the Living Dead

Up Next: Dawn of the Dead (2004)

I <3 the original! I do! I think I just might do that. I've been thinking about that flick a lot lately. The ending is so so so.... GAH! Epic! Especially given its day.

Well it's always nice to be liked.

I need to change the name of this thread though...I'm thinking of doing an "end of the world/post apoc" themed night soon. Not really horror per se

The Road was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good but also made me want to blow my brains out it was so depressing! Holy shit, I've never watched a movie and wanted to quit halfway through simply because of how much of a downer it was.

well yeah, it's not like the end of the world is going to be a happy moment

No not at all....but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...5 minutes in "Okay son...put your mouth on the barrel of the gun in case I need to blow your brains out."

20 minutes in "Okay son...put your mouth on the barrel of the gun in case I need to blow your brains out."

45 minute sin "Oh shit, hurry up, I think I might need to blow your brains out!"

I mean it's just brutal, especially if you have kids.

i'm pretty sure it might be worse, but you know, it's part of our instincts to react in those ways, we might maybe not do the same as they do, but it would be somehting very simular, it's not like there is much hope when the world is burned and humans eats other humans

Back
Top Bottom