Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Daughter For Loan (FinnxKratos)

Finnaholic

Supernova
It had been several years since Michelle had seen her father's friend, ever since her father's funeral. She had been 11 at the time, though she still remembered him clearly. Her father had died of a heart attack, and she was sent to live with her mother. Now, her mother was remarrying, and she wasn't that fond of her soon to be stepfather. Rather than living with them, she had decided to find her own place to live. But she didn't have the money to buy a house.

That left her just one option. She sent him an email, asking if they could meet up for lunch some time. She would much rather ask him for money in person, instead of through email. She left her laptop on, moving to the bed to read while waiting for him to reply to her email.

It had been a shame when Michelle's father had passed away, after all Seth had been a pretty close friend of the family and after that well he did visit often. Occasionally he did to check on how her mother was going although when she started hooking up with others he simply decided to just focus on running his business and keep in contact a little, or at least leave a method for him to be contacted if they did actually ever want. He let out a small sigh as he began answering emails from clients, he had only just finished calling about twenty that had concerns or queries and now he had to go through the emails. These were only the ones that he allowed to go to him though, since his main office and actual building had plenty of people do deal with everything else.

As he rushed through some of the emails, one then interested him a little as he saw an email from someone that he had not really been expecting. Sure enough he started to type back the following 'It sure has been a while since I last heard from you or your family Michelle, as for meeting for lunch sometime I can really schedule any date that you would like as I control when I work and do not work.. It is good to hear from you I must say, so just name a time and day and I will be there.." hitting send he then stretched a little wondering why she would want to meet for lunch not entirely sure why.

Hearing the little 'ding' noise that indicated she had a new email, she got up and went over to see who it was from. Sitting down as she opened it, she smiled when she saw Seth's name on the sender's line. She'd been a little afraid that he wouldn't want to meet with her, but those fears vanished as she read his message. She knew her mother wanted nothing to do with him, or they would have stayed in touch more than they had, so she'd have to keep this a secret till she had the money needed to buy her own house.

Clicking the reply button, she started typing her response. 'Maybe we can meet tomorrow at lunch? It's a Saturday, so I won't have school to worry about. There's a nice cafe just a few blocks from I live with my mom and her new boyfriend.' Hitting send, she got up, taking her laptop over to her bed so she wouldn't have to keep moving back and forth between her bed and her desk.

Once he had sent the email to Michelle he had to go back to answering other emails from clients that really today was just a boring task. Sometimes he did not mind doing such a thing it was just today was a day where once this was done he simply wanted to relax, after all he had to do to many phone calls earlier, and so really was wondering what the people in his actual business were doing that was causing him to have to work so much as well. After all that was what his personal assistants and secretaries were for. To deal with things that he was not meant to have to although today they were obviously being slack. 'I suppose I will have to check up on the management department and tell them off later'

As he was working through the list he saw a new response from Michelle and so for now put work to the side opening it before first then sending a email to his work stating that tomorrow he would not be working and having the day off but if anything bad happened or needed his attention to notify him after 2-3 pm. He then started typing up the response to the email that had been sent to him "Saturday at lunch sounds fine, just will need the location then so I will be able to actually find my way there. Looking forward to it, since it has been quite a while since I last saw you or any of your family." hitting send he then stretched before walking to the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water taking it with him back to the computer drinking some whilst waiting for a response knowing from how long it took her to reply last time that she would not take long at all.

Hearing the telltale ding from her computer, she looked over to see a new email from Seth. She sent him a response, stating the address of the cafe, then closed her computer and went downstairs for something to eat before her mom's boyfriend came home. She didn't want to be alone with the man, not knowing what her mother saw in him.

She headed for the cafe early the next day, getting a table outside while she waited for Seth to arrive, ordering a soda from the waitress who came out to take her order. She would order her lunch when her father's friend got there.

He continued looking through emails while he waited briefly before seeing the last email pop up, he sent a simple "Okay will be there" as a response and then wrote back to a few more emails before then finishing up and deciding what he would make for dinner that night for himself. After a little bit of thinking he then went to the kitchen to cook something up nice and quickly since he was not overly hungry. The next day he got up reasonably early since after looking it up, it was a reasonably long drive before leaving towards the destination. As he drove he put on the radio a few pop tunes coming on, nothing all to great but it would make the drive seem a little bit shorter at least.

Finally he seemed to get there, slightly late which was something he hated being. He then parked his car before walking towards the entrance of the cafe before then seeing Michelle and walking over to her and sitting down. "Sorry for being late, it seemed I took a wrong turn back a little while a go and so had to back track to then get here.. may I ask what you brought me here for now? Or should we eat something first"

Michelle smiled at him, sipping her soda. "Let's get something to eat first, then we can go for a walk in the park." She pointed to the park across from the cafe. "It'll be a good place to discuss things, without people overhearing." When the waitress came, Michelle ordered a burger and fries, looking at Seth. "Go ahead and order whatever you want. I'm paying."

Hearing her idea he liked the sound of it, since it was quite a smart one at that. Still it made him wonder what would need to be talked about that Michelle did not want others to hear, what ever it was though he was fairly certain he would help her out. After all it was the least he could do, that and well she had grown up quite well and it was just a small factor of him wanting to help her out. Still when she said she was paying he went to shake his head and protest but decided to look briefly at the menu before ordering a meat pie and fries "you did not have to pay.. I would have," he smiled at her a little before waiting for the waitress to then nod and walk off to go get their orders for them as they waited outside. "I suppose I am the guest though.. so I can see why you did actually .." he paused before then looking at her for a moment "You sure have changed from when I last saw you Michelle.. although I still managed to recognize you almost instantly.."

"How come you stopped coming around? I used to look forward to your visits, after my father passed on. He was the only one who really cared about me. Mom never seemed to have the time for me, always off with her friends, doing fuck knows what." Taking another sip of her soda, she chuckles a bit when he starts to protest her paying for lunch. "I invited you here, so paying for a meal is the least I could do. Besides, I am going to need your help with something. I'll explain more after we eat though."

In truth their really was only one reason why he had stopped visiting and that was because her mother had told him to, and her current man at the time. Well he did not really want to be bothered contesting against in an argument that he should have been able to. "I stopped visiting only because your mother forced me to.. that and at that time she did have quite an intimidating man that I figured it was not worth the hassle.. since work as well had got harder and so I focused solely on that" he smiled as they waited before nodding "Okay, we will eat first then I will listen to what you have to tell me," he waited for what they had ordered to return knowing it would not take to long.

She sighed, shaking her head. "The fucking bitch.. She told me you wanted nothing to do with us anymore... If I'd known she was behind you not visiting anymore, I'd have tried to stay in touch." That information strengthened her resolve to move out of her mother's house. Once the food arrived, she started to eat, hoping that he agrees to help her buy a house. She already had a house in mind, though she hoped she was able to get it before someone else bought it. Though, at 16, she would need someone with her to cosign on the house. She didn't want her mom's name, or that of her current boyfriend, on the deed, so that just left Seth, who now was the only person she trusted.

Seth already knew a little of how Michelle was towards her mother but then again such a thing was to be expected since she was usually quite a selfish person and the fact that she had stated that he of all people did not care about their family any more. Well he knew she would have said something like that upon telling him not to visit or contact but still it did slightly aggravate him. "Well we need not worry about your mother at this moment.. and from now on we can keep in contact a bit more I think now that you know the truth.." now it was just time to wait for the food. "Anything you want to talk about before we eat or shall we save the main discussion for after?"

She shook her head, smiling at him. "Nothing really important to talk about right now." She took a sip of her drink when the waitress brought them over. "You said before that you'd been busy with work the past few years. What exactly do you do?"

Hearing her question he smiled before speaking in quite a proud of himself manner "I now manage one of the largest companies in the field of software development, originally a few years back I was only assistant manager but the manager handed the company over to me seeing as I seemed to be keen to do such a thing, now I just make sure all the important manager work is under control and work really when I want where i want as long as I have a laptop"

Michelle smiled, nodding as he spoke. It wasn't long before the food arrived, and she started eating. The cafe they were at was her favorite place to come eat, as her father had brought her here for lunch at least once a week when she was a child. After he had died, she continued coming here, as a way of honoring his memory.

Once she was finished eating, she waved the waitress over, asking for the bill so she could pay it. That taken care of, she put a $5 on the table for a tip, smiling at Seth again. "Shall we take that walk now?" If he was still eating though, she would wait for him to finish before getting up.

The food did not seem to take much longer after he had discussed what his job was, of which after thinking about it a little. Seth could have sworn that he had been at this cafe at least once before with her family when her dad was alive yet a lot had happened in those years. Still he enjoyed the food as he ate it and before long was finished. It at least was reasonable quality but that was expected since it was one of her favorite cafe's she had said. "Yes I think it would be a good idea to" he finished up before slowly getting up so that they could talk and take this walk. He still wondered what she wanted to actually talk about.

Getting up, she headed across the street to the park. After a few minutes of walking in silence, she looked around to make sure no one was around before turning to look at Seth. "I called you to ask for your help. I'm planning on moving out of my mother's house, but I can't do that until I get a place of my own. I just can't stay there anymore. The man my mother is about to marry is not the person she thinks he is." She wouldn't say more about her soon to be stepfather, unless he asked for her to elaborate. Starting to walk again, she looked back at him again. "I asked you to meet me because I want your help in buying a house for myself."

As they started to walk from the cafe, only silence was among them and their footsteps. It was only until it was evident that no one else was around at all that he then saw Michelle turn and look at him before starting to speak. He stayed silent for a moment hearing her out of which it surprised him to hear that when she was only sixteen of age, he stayed silent and started to walk as she did before hearing her speak again, of which he then used the moment after she had stopped to start responding. "I have no problem helping you out, after all I know your father would have wanted the best for you and being the friend of the family I am, regardless of the cost or what you need me to sign.. I am willing at this point in time. Although I would like to inquire a little about more so why you can not stay there.. do you feel unwelcome or something? and why is he not the man she thinks she is? again this makes me curious.. don't tell me he has done something or tried to with you?" he paused before apologizing "sorry... that last part was rude of me to ask or even say.."

Happy that he had agreed to help her, she smiled as she moved to hug him. "I knew you would help me. That's why I sent you that email yesterday." She pulled back, sighing. She hadn't expected him to ask why she wanted to move out of her mother's house, not wanting to think of the things the man had tried to do to her. "It's okay.. I should probably tell someone who will believe me." She paused, letting out another sigh before continuing. "He moved in with us, like a month ago. At first, whenever he was alone with me, he would try to kiss me. A week ago though, I was in my room doing my homework while she was out with some of her friends. I think he was drunk, but he came into my room and started touching me. I don't mean innocent little touches either. He definitely wanted something I wasn't ready to give. I tried telling her about it, but she just got mad and accused me of not wanting to be happy."

Seth could now understand why Michelle was not exactly happy about her mother marrying such a beast as such, of which it also made sense to him now as to why she wanted to leave. Still when he thought about it if he was drunk also and was alone with Michelle, she had grown up oh so well that he would probably be tempted also regardless of being a friend of the family but would not tell her such a thing. "I see why you want to get out of their, after all you never know what he would do if your asleep one night under similar circumstances.." he sighed before then smiling "Like I said though you will not have to worry about that for much longer, since I will get you out of that situation or at least help you out of it anyhow since it is the least I could do.."

Michelle smiled at him, having already figured he would understand her predicament. "I've already seen the house I want, so it's just a matter of coming up with the money before someone else makes an offer. I can email you all the specifics if you want, or we could just go see a realtor now about the house I want."

Hearing that she had already planned this far enough to actually have something ready as an option if she did get his financial help made him smile, Michelle really was quite the smart one that was for sure. "Well I am here.. so if you want we can go have a look, after all I would like to see what I am helping you get and judge if it's suitable enough for you for myself.. after all you should have one extra opinion other then your own about such a thing.." he smiled before then stretching his arms back a little "I think the earlier we get you out of that house and away from that step parent of yours the better don't you agree Michelle?"

Michelle smiled, calling the real estate agent about the house she'd looked at a week ago. After arranging for them to meet up with the house at the house she chose, she put her phone away, heading out of the park, looking at Seth. "Did you drive here, or will we have to take a bus or cab to get to the house?"

1chestnut-fp.jpg

Hearing her arrange to go see the house he went silent and instead just looked around before turning around to then look at Michelle who seemed to have just finished the call as he had done so. Smirking at her question he then answered appropriately "I always drive, since otherwise it is to difficult for me to get around.. and I can't rely on other forms of transports sometimes.. just tell me the address and I will put it into my gps once we are in my car," he then started to walk beckoning her to follow "come then lets go drive to the house that you want to show me so that you can move into it."

Smiling, she told him the address of the house as they walked to his car. She knew that in less than an hour, the house she wanted would be hers, though Seth's name would probably be the one on the deed. Going around to the passenger door, she waited for him to unlock his car before getting in and buckling her seatbelt.

Back
Top Bottom