Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and The Thief (Chokuro and Lord Dakol)

Lord Dakol

Supernova
This went much worse than he would have thought! Someone gave him word that an artifact was in the Empire's palace, and better yet, it was supposed to be powerful with magic. But once he arrived, he immediately tipped off the guards and the chase began. Malacai sped down the halls of the great palace, breathing heavily as he was out of breath. Sweat rolled down his forehead, making his semi-long raven hair stick to his skin as he turned down into a hallway. Dark crimson red eyes darted to every door, trying to find a room to hide in, but swiftly found that they were all locked. "Come on!" he breathed, clutching his side as the wound bled through his tattered gray shirt.

Malacai tried his best to close up the wound after he was stabbed, but he needed actual medical attention. The blood trickled over his black harem pants and onto his moccasins. The young man of 20 slightly showed off a lean, toned figure, though his legs and arms were more muscular due to the fact that he needed them to free-run. Jiggling one of the door knobs, he sighed as he realized his only chance was the large double-doors at the end of the hall.

"He went down this way!" a guard's voice bark, and soon shuffling feet were heard just a few minutes away.

Malacai cursed under his breath and sprinted down the hallway, paying no mind to his throbbing wound. Stepping down the hall, not caring whether he made noise or not, he tried double-doors... yes! They were unlocked. Opening the door, he slipped inside and slammed it shut, locking it securely as he gave himself a moment to catch his breath.

However, he didn't expect the room to be occupied. Turning his head, his red eyes widened with shock at who's room it was... and who was standing in front of him.

Jasmine had been in the middle of changing. Nothing too revealing. At that time. She had her towel around her form and she had yet to take it off to pull her clothes on. She was just in the middle of getting ready for the day. She knew some other royalties who could only ever have someone dress them. This sixteen-year-old? She was definitely not like that. She was far too independent for her own good. her father always wished she would be a little more dependent for the husband - king - she would soon end up with. Then again, she was his one and only daughter, so he tended to be easy on her and not be too upset when she went against the norm.

The woman's pale blond locks were definitely long enough to hide her indecent self. Which was good since she was suddenly interrupted. She gasped, her amethyst eyes shot open with shock as she took a step back and just stared at the male that was there. Her hand lifted to cover her mouth as she stared at the - gorgeous - man that was suddenly in front of her. She stared at him for a while, noticing the blood and definitely getting more concerned than anything else.

Quickly walking to him after hearing the shouts, she tugged him into the room a little farther and pointed to the little divider she should change behind, but oh how she did not like to. "hide there." She whispered, shoving him off in that direction to wait for the guards to barge in. She could easily get them out -- especially with the lack of proper clothes.

Malacai was frozen in place, surprised to be in the presence of the Princess. His eyes looked at, however briefly, the Princess' locks that hid her beautiful body. He gaze switched back to her eyes instantly, ready to place a finger to his lips, wishing her to be quiet, but he didn't have to. He definitely wasn't expecting her to walk up to him and pull her a bit more into the center of the room. Hearing her tell him to hide behind the thin divider, he was about to ask why she was helping him, but instead - being the rogue he was - said, "How the hell am I supposed to hide behind there?!" he whispered urgently, but was responded by a light shove towards the divider.

Cursing to himself, hoping that it would work, he dashed behind the divider, crouching down and pressing himself against the wall, trying to make his figure as small as possible behind the thin hiding place. He held his breath as the doors opened, not noticing the small pool of blood by the princess' foot.

Jasmine waited until she heard the men barging into her room. She instantly gasped, pulling the towel closer to her form with a horrified look to her features -- definitely different than from the look she had when the other broke into her room. She instantly went into action while the men were fumbling over their words of why they were there, their apologies for intruding, and everything of the like. "I will not have it! Out! You .... you perverts! Out before I tell my Father!" She demanded, one free hand pointing in the direction of the doors they just barged through.

While the one, when he bowed, had noticed the blood near her foot and got just a little suspicious. "Miss ... Why is there blood on your ground?"

Blood? Jasmine looked down and silently cursed the male behind the divider. She knew he was bleeding, just not on her floor!! She easily straightened herself back up and let her eyes fall back to the guard. "I am a woman, am I not?" She questioned, seeing the realization and watching as the flustered and blushing men instantly rushed off to get out of there with their many apologies. She sighed softly once the door closed.

Turning on her heel, she returned to where her long robe was. Pulling that onto her form, she tied the robe closed and then walked over to where the male behind the divider was. Peeking her head around the other side of it, she looked down at him. "You bled on my floor. Why are you in my home?"

While Malacai was sort of recuperating on the floor, his shuddered in shock that he had forgotten that was bleeding on the ground! His body shook with anticipation as he listened to the Princess' and the bodyguard's words, and chuckled to himself after hearing her excuse. She's blaming it on her body?! he thought.

Hearing the doors close, the young man breathed a sigh of relief, and just when he was about to thank her for the help, she asked him the most difficult question that he absolutely didn't want to answer.

Looking up at her, Malacai sighed and clutched his wound harder. "Truthfully? I came here to steal the artifact in your father's trophy room, but obviously something screwed up and I was wounded in the fight." he said, waiting for her reply, his body tensing up in trepidation.

Jasmine stared at the other for a little while. Her eyes traveling along his form and she truly could not care less about the artifact. She knew her father, obviously, liked the thing. But what was the point in it? It did nothing for anyone around them. Therefore, it was just a little pointless in her mind. Nothing that could not be replaced by another pretty thing. She did not even really care about the fact he dirtied her carpet. That could be replaced too. Honestly, material things were not what ever mattered to her.

She nodded and then moved to stand in front of the man to offer her hand to assist him in getting up. "Come on. I can tend to your wound. There should be some bandages in the washroom." She informed him, really just relieved he had not lied to her. For that, she definitely would not want to turn him in or whatever the other may have suspected she would do.

Malacai breathed slowly, still waiting to hear her reply. His heart thudded through his chest as her eyes traced over his person, and wondered what she was thinking about. But he did not expect her to offer her hand in helping him to stand. Cautiously, he lifted up his free hand and took hers, using the wall against his back to slide up and stretch his legs.

Sort of speechless, Malacai followed her to the washroom. It took him a few moments to reply as he removed his shirt, uncovering his toned - albeit damaged - abdomen and chest. "Why... aren't you getting angry..?" he asked, still a bit unsure why she had no outer reaction to his answer.

Jasmine currently had her back to the thief, not really thinking about how strange her demeanor was to others. "Because you are not the first one to try and steal something of ours." She stated, shrugging her shoulders lightly. "The first to interrupt me in my chambers, but you are not the first. And you obviously did not wish to harm me, otherwise, you would have already. Taken me as a hostage to be sure you could get out of here alive." She picked up a few more things before turning around to look at the male.

she stopped, her amethyst eyes traveling along his form and a faint pink tinted to her cheeks as she did so. He truly was a lovely-looking male, wasn't he? She remained silent for another moment or two before moving to sit beside him so that she could wash the blood off before wrapping it.

Malacai laughed, shrugging in agreement to her thought process. "Touché, then," he chuckled, and hissed in pain as she wiped off the blood from his wound, the towel lightly touching the wound.

"And then, how am I going to get out of here alive? I sure as hell can't make a run for it," he said, leaning back as she cleaned his wound. A smile came to his face as he thought, "Perhaps I'm just biding my time for when your guard is down all the way, then using you as a hostage when the time is right..." he said, quirking his eyebrow. But he began to seriously think about escaping.

Jasmine shrugged her shoulders a little bit at the other's words. "Yes. And maybe I am putting poison into your wound. Suppose neither of us will know for a while whether we are lying or not, huh?" she commented idly, still working on the wound the other had. It did not take too much longer before she was wrapping the bandage around his torso, being sure that the bandages were snug, but not enough to cut off circulation or anything vital like that.

Malacai's expression drooped, hearing the sarcastic seriousness in her voice. "Eh... fine..." he muttered. Soon, she finished wrapping the bandages around his abdomen, and he smiled gently, slowly getting up to a standing position. He walked out of the bathroom, grabbing his shirt. Getting into the center of the room, he stretched, testing out his limits.

"Ow ow ow, fuck..." he muttered, flinching as he sat down. He crossed legs, and looked at the Princess. "So... any ideas for me?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Following him into her room, she arched a brow at the other's words. "You should watch your language around a lady." She commented simply before she continued toward the divider and then disappeared behind it to get dressed. She laid the towel over one side while she began to pull on the clothes she had set aside for the day. She thought a little bit about how to get him out of here without any problems. "I would go out through the servants' quarters." She suggested. her long locks soon pulled out from the dress she slipped into.

Stepping out from the divider, she began to braid her long hair, thinking a little more while she walked to where the other was. "I think that would be best."

Malacai seriously thought about her suggestion, thinking deeply as he sat on the floor. "Where is it, exactly?" he asked, biting his lip as he played with the dagger by his hip.

Although she was right, how was he supposed to get through without the servants running off and telling their King. Their allegiance was more to him than the Princess, they would have no problem throwing her under the wagon.

[gigglesnort "bus" that isn't invented yet. XDD Sorry. Just had to tease <3 ]]

Jasmine loosely crossed her arms over her lower torso while she thought for a moment. "There are plenty of tunnels." She commented, moving to one of the walls in her room. She pressed on a certain part, having it pull out and she turned to the other. "See?" She stated, her hip resting against the door before she pushed it closed a moment later. She did not really know whether or not he was going to take it, but that was beside the point at the moment.

She slowly headed over to where the male was, thinking a little bit. "Most of the servants should not be in the tunnels. And if they were, there should be enough niches for you to hide in."

((Holy crap, lmao! I changed it to something more appropriate, ha!))

Malacai looked up towards the secret entrance, his mouth gaping. "I knew the palace had more secrets than it was letting on..." he muttered, standing up and walking over to it, peering it. It was gently lit; enough for him to see and not enough for him to be spotted. It was perfect.

The young man turned to the Princess, staying silent for a moment as he thought about his next words. "Well, um... thanks, Princess," he said, looking down the dark tunnel for a minute before looking back at her. He stepped inside, backing away from the entrance. "Goodbye." he said, bowing slightly before taking off down the tunnel.

"The name is Malacai, by the way!" he shouted before vanishing into the darkness, having no idea that the King already had all the tunnel exits covered,

Jasmine smiled lightly while she watched the other run off into the tunnel. A warm smile pulling at her lovely lips and she gave him a simple wave for the other to and sighing softly. Malacai. Like she would ever see him again. hopefully not at least.

Pushing the thoughts aside, she turned on her heel and turned to make her way to where her father should be.

[sorry. short. x.x ]

((Haha, it's no problem.))

Speeding down the tunnel, Malacai gently clutched his side. He wasn't fully recovered yet, and knew in his gut (ironically) that he wouldn't stand a chance in a fight.

Later on, he came to the exit that the Princess mentioned, and breathed a sigh of relief. Taking hold of the ladder, he slowly made his way up. What was supposed to be an empty courtyard, instead held practically every solider in the King's army. Opening the cover, his eyes widened with shock and cursed under his breath as he felt the cold tip of a spear nudging his throat.

"Fuck..." he muttered, holding his hands up as he crawled out to see the King himself on horseback. He thought of the Princess; not because he thought she betrayed him, but because he would never be able to talk to her again.

Jasmine smiled when one of the servants told her where her father was. She thanked them then turned to go off and find him -- only to see what he was doing. she stopped, a breath pulling sharply into her lungs as she did so. This was not a good thing. Her father did not take kindly to those that tried to take anything from him. He did not like to have someone disrespect him and his house. She just knew this was not going to end well. Not at all.

Quickly, she ran toward her father, her dress held up at the sides so that she would not trip. Rushing to the group, she moved through the horses to where Malacai was. She rushed to stand between her father and the thief. Her from straightened up and she looked up at the man on his horse. "Father..." She began, knowing that he was fully planning to kill the man. "Before you make a harsh decision ...I think a good punishment for this man would be to make him your servant. Make him work for you and show him what it is like to actually earn something for himself." Yea. She was hoping that would work.

Malacai was just about to give up when his eyes caught the Princess running between him and her father. His eyes wide and in shock, he was unable to move, due to the trauma of the situation and the spears that were pointed squarely at him.

"Woah woah... servant?! I'm not gonna-!" he began to argue, but was cut off by the King's intimidating, booming voice.

The King, sat comfortably on his decorated warhorse, looked down at his daughter with enraged eyes. He was quite old himself, though his appearance overall was still counted as a good-looking male figure. Semi-long gray hair that was held in by his crown, and fierce dim emerald eyes, he began to speak that cut off the Thief's outcry. "Daughter, you wish to speak for this riff raff? Did you know he attempted to steal the artifact of Juior?!" he boomed. What could his daughter see in the Thief?

Jasmine quickly turned to shoot the man behind her a glare before easily turning back to her father when he began to speak. Her posture straightened up even more and she took on a definitely stronger looking appearance. One that truly showed the Queen that was hiding beneath the surface of the young princess. She gave a small nod. "Yes. I do." She stated, her voice not wavering at all. She kept her amethyst gaze to the man, not wavering at all. "He is riff-raff, yes. I understand this, father. I do. I know what he was trying to steal. I just do not think your punishment of death is something that he should be sentenced to." It was just a general rule of his that pretty much anyone who did him wrong typically were put to death.

"Father, if he is killed, then what will he have learned? There is nothing to be said for merely taking away his life. However, if you punish him, make him a servant. Make him be a stable-boy. Something where he must work and pay back the crime for the rest of his life, it teaches him a lesson as well as gives our castle more workers and therefore, the work will be done faster."

The King looked at her, thinking her proposal over. "Hmm... I suppose we do need more servants. And he could deliver messages to my allies, since he is a suppose "Master of Thieves". Hmph, very well. You, thief, should be grateful for my daughter's defense!" he growled. He would also be a perfect candidate for the sacrifice, too...

Malacai's left eye twitched in disbelief, "WHAT?! I'm not a stable boy, or delivery boy! FUCK TH-!" the young man was brought to his knees with a blow to the head, and one of the servants hurried to his side. For some reason, Malacai couldn't move as he felt the servant click something heavy around his neck. "Wha... what the hell..?" he mumbled, shaking his head as he touched the thick steel collar.

"That is a spring-loaded voice-activated death collar. I say one word and it springs, sending the spikes tucked inside to fly out and kill you instantly." the King said proudly, with a wide triumphant smirk, "Behave... slave." the horse turned around and trotted away into the castle walls.

Malacai just sat there, his body trembling as he looked at the ground. Looking back up at the Princess, a glare that was full of hate and spite was directed at her; his body was trembling in anger. The guards picked him up around the shoulders and pulled him away, though his anger was still in the area...

Jasmine sighed softly with her father's confirmation of letting the man live. She did not waver, still standing tall as she waited for her father to be all right completely and gone. She did not like the idea of Malacai being killed, especially by her father's hands. She could not let that happen. She honestly could not. She would not want that to happen. There was just something about him that made her want to be sure he was not hurt and definitely not killed.

however, he did not seem to appreciate it. She turned around to look at him, seeing the glare she was receiving and she straightened up just a little bit more. He was not happy? She just saved his life! And THAT was what he was going to do? She just could not believe he was acting like that. She bit her bottom lip, her amethyst eyes looking just slightly hurt as she stared at the other while he was being taken away. Why did she try to save him? No. why did she save him? Risking her own head to save his own ... and that was what he did.

Turning on her heel, the princess stormed off and toward her bedroom. She needed to just get out of there. She was not a very happy female right now.

After some time later, Malacai was thrown into one of the holding cells, where heavy shackles bound him to the wall, though it was possible for him to sit down. His head was down, looking at the stinking floor, his hair covering his eyes. His valuable clothes were confiscated, along with all of his equipment and his prized dagger. Cuts and bruises. were located on almost every single part of his body, the only part that had not been touched was his neck, which was covered by the collar.

His hands shook in anger at the thought of the Princess; does she know what she's putting him through?! His thoughts were so deep inside his head, he didn't notice the sound of the prison doors opening.

Back
Top Bottom