Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Here Kitty Kitty (for Ryu_Momochi)

Kellendros

Meteorite
"Now be safe Kitty. I won't need to come back to explain things to the school will I?" The 17-year-old sighed as she nudged the car door open to look at her new school. Her father looked back at her, taking in his daughter with some sadness. She was a beauty that Mother Nature herself envied. However, in return for that beauty came a curse, a curse that caused her to distance herself from everyone. The curse was well hidden beneath the teen's voluminous black hair and the headband whose only purpose seemed to be to keep the girl's crazy hair under control.

No, her secret was not some great volume shampoo that worked for once. Under the hair and the headband was an extra set of ears- cat ears in fact. The small, black, pointy ears were tightly held down to keep the girl safe. Safe from what? The government, freak shows, public humiliation, and everything else that could happen to people like her. The government knew of their existence. Super humans with enhanced vision, smell, taste... what power-hungry organization wouldn't know about them? Hell, the government might have even caused it. Either way, they were hunted. No, her father had every right to worry about his daughter. He was leaving her in a boarding school while he and his wife went to help out other members of the family who had inherited the curse.

"Dad?" Mr. Hartigan looked up at his daughter's impatient face and found another thing to worry about. The lie that the purple eyes were contacts may not hold up as well here. Seeing the worry clear on her father's face, she smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Don't worry Dad, I got this." Picking up the large, heavy duffel bag, she pulled it over her shoulder with a grunt. "I'll call you if there are any problems, but I'll be careful."

After a few hours, Katherine Hartigan, more commonly known as Kitty or Kat, was sitting on the grass in the middle of school in the school uniform of a blouse and a skirt. There were a bunch of other young students around her, most of whom were younger than she. She was supposed to wait for the first year orientation or something. On top of the uniform being uncomfortable to find a good seating position in the grass, Kitty also had the horrible misfortune of having a tail. That, like the other aspects of the curse, were well hidden around her body. Feeling her tail twitch in agitation, Kitty sighed. This was going to be a long year.

"Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap... I am so late!" he said to himself, rushing towards the school. He wasn't usually one to be any kind of late. His mind wouldn't allow it. He looked down at his watch,"Crap crap crap..." he said as he rushed towards the school. Anyone looking at their clocks would see ample time to get there, but he had a schedule. He liked to keep things on a certain timeline, and any deviation from that wasn't allowed. He rushed towards the school a bit faster, feeling his chest start to burn a bit from the pace, but he ignored it, his ice blue eyes checking his watch every few moments and his raven black hair messy and unkempt. He was what many would call a mad scientist type, but he didn't care. As long as everything was going in the time it should, he was happy. Today, he wasn't happy. He had gotten up four minutes late and it threw off everything. He hated being rushed.

He sighed and panted lightly as he got to the school, holding his chest lightly as he looked at his watch,"Y-yes... right on time..." he said to himself, giving a gentle smile. He might not be the best looking guy, but he had a smile that could light up anyones face. His unusual habits tended to keep people away from him, but he was actually very loyal to those who stayed around him long enough to be considered a friend.

He panted lightly as he sat on the grass, closing his eyes and leaning his head back, it was his first year here, and he was looking forward to testing the science department. All the other schools he'd been to had the misfortune of being under-prepared for his tests, but he was confident that this place would. He looked around lightly, a few students looking his way and whispering, nothing he wasn't used to. Being a scientific type that he was, he was used to some notoriety. Why just a few years ago he won a major scientific award for one of his side projects in microbiology. But this year, he was trying for something more complicated, something that would get everyone to know his name. He smiled softly as he moved, sitting against a large tree in the middle of the field,"This year will be the year of the dragon..." he said with a smile to himself,"I just know it..."

Kitty waited in the grass, trying to keep her twitching tail in check. She was agitated that she had gotten there so early. The girl had been waiting there for about ten minutes and the majority of the freshman class was just showing up now. She took in the appearance of some of the students. Most of them looked pretty snobby and rich. Kitty's family wasn't in such an amazing position. Sure, they managed to afford to send her to the school, but they couldn't afford some of the things these people were able to. They had expensive shoes, watches, purses, and pretty much everything else that Kitty could think of that could be used to accessorize the school uniform. They definitely seemed to enjoy flaunting their wealth and power.

Shifting her eyes to the grass in front of her, she plucked a few strands of grass out and toyed with them between her fingers. Waiting was always boring. Her nose took in the smell of the expensive perfumes and colognes and her stomach lurched at the intensity of the scents mixing together. Her nose was able to pick up on things a regular human wouldn't, and in this case, it was just a gross mix of money. Shaking her head to clear the scent, she picked up on another, faint scent that seemed oddly familiar. It was almost like seeing something out of the corner of your eyes, but in this case, it was just a smell. Her eyes shifted up instantly, scenting the air until her eyes took in the boy leaning against the tree close to her. He smelled... Kitty scented the air again without making it too obvious that she was smelling him from this distance... like home? Frowning, Kitty looked at the ground in confusion before the freshman orientation began.

"Welcome Freshman!" Kitty looked up at the large group of older students as they ran in like cheerleaders. They were supposed to make people excited about coming to school there, but Kitty wasn't too impressed. Halfway through the presentation, Kitty walked away, bored with the "get to know each other" games they were playing. If she hadn't left, she was sure she would die of boredom. Looking back at the group, Kitty's eyes strayed to the boy before frowning again. What was so different about him? He definitely smelled good, and not in that rich, saturated in cologne smell. It was a very natural smell. Sitting on a ledge near the cafeteria, Kitty sighed. This wasn't starting out as a good year. Even their orientations were boring. As long as she didn't give her secret up, Kitty would be alright she supposed. Having a friend or something would be nice though.

He was already on his way out by the time the pep squad got there. Preferring to do something more fun. He walked around the school a bit, checking out the different place before ending up near the cafeteria. He saw a girl sitting around and give her a soft smile before he passed. He was never one to be anything more than a friend to most girls, too much of a good guy and too shy to really talk to any he didn't know. He walked over to one of the benches they used for lunch and sat down, pulling out a small book and starting to draw. He loved to draw, all kinds of different things really. His eyes moved a bit towards her, drawing her a bit, except he put some cat ears on her and a tail, giving a soft chuckle as he did so. He liked doing that sort of thing, making people into anthros, he didn't admit it, but it was sort of a fetish of his, and he figured if he ever met one in real life he'd do everything he could while he had the chance.

Kitty was too deep in thought to notice the smell getting closer, but when her eyes connected with the man's, his smell filled her nose again. She watched him in confusion as he walked away. Who was he? Following him inside, Kitty watched him from the cafeteria's entrance before grabbing a plate of food and moving to his table. When she saw what he was drawing, she dropped the plate in horror, barely hearing the plate shattering on the floor. "What the-" Her eyes filled with anger, confusion, and a bit of fear as she looked from the drawing to him. Not looking back, she rushed out of the cafeteria, knocking into a pack of freshman that had ditched the presentation as well. Falling down, Kitty looked up at them in fear before pulling herself up and running in the direction of her dorm room. Someone already knew. She was done for. She needed to call her dad and get out of here. He would deal with the boy.

When he heard her drop the plate he turned quickly,"Oh shi-" He said as he watched her start to run. He picked up his book and stuffed it in his bag, rushing after her and seeing her trip and fall,"Hey, hey... you okay?" He asked, moving,"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to draw you like that... it-it's a hobby of mine... drawing normal people... uh..." he said, trying his best to explain as she jumped up, running towards her dorm. He didn't know if she was paying any attention her, but he was always embarassed when someone saw those pictures, he usually had a lot of explaining to do. He rushed off, moving and pulling out the new student database he'd printed up this morning, trying to find her picture in the thick notebook,"Damn... who is she...?" He asked, rushing off towards the dorms.

Kitty kept running, not sure why he was following her. Maybe he was drawing her for some other reason? He had been trying to explain something. Kitty slowed down for a second to look behind her at the guy following her before seeing that he was closer. Uncertain of what to do, Kitty kept running. Maybe she'd lose him and ask her father what to do about it. She was panicking. Opening the door to her dorm, she looked back at the boy before running up the stairs. Maybe she'd lose him this way. Kitty felt her tail starting to unravel and she quickly jumped into an empty girl's bathroom to fix it before stepping out again. He wouldn't still be looking for her, right? Feeling like she was safe, Kitty started walking to her room, panicking a little less.

He had lost her a bit when she ducked into the bathroom, but spotted her as she came out. He would talk to her, get her alone and try to explain. He couldn't figure out why she was so panicky. He followed her slowly and carefully as she moved towards her room, trying to keep out of sight just in case she decided to bolt again. After a while he saw her enter her room, waiting a few moments before moving up and knocking, not sure what he was going to say as he waited to see if she would answer. He hated making a bad first impression, and he figured this was the worst one yet. He sighed lightly, closing his eyes and rubbing them as he waited for her. He kept his notebook out of sight, figuring that's what started the whole thing, and she would probably not want to see it again.

Kitty had the phone in her hand and was ready to dial her father's number as there was a knock on the door. Tensing, she slowly put the phone down and moved to the door. Looking out the peep hole, she saw the boy she was trying to avoid standing outside her door and frowned. If he knew what she was, he wouldn't have followed her. They were dangerous and out of control, right? He shouldn't have followed her. Opening the door quickly, she grabbed him by his neck and pulled him inside, shutting the door as she did. Shoving him against a wall with a David Beckham poster on it, Kitty's purple eyes glared at him with her hand still on his throat. "What do you want with me? Why were you drawing pictures of me? Why were there cat features in your drawings?" Kitty's eyes were locked with his, trying not to show the fear and uncertainty that she felt.

"Wha-?" he said as she pulled him inside, giving a soft grunt as she pushed him against the wall. It took him a moment to realize what was going on, what was happening as he tried to regain his breath,"Wh-what are you talking about...? I like to draw... uh... different things than most people..." He said, moving and grabbing his bag, pulling out the notebook and opening it to a random page, showing her some of the girls he'd seen around as cat girls,"I... I know it's weird... but I didn't think anyone would see and freak out about it..." he said, giving a soft blush and looking down a bit, starting to put the book away again, standing back up,"I'm really sorry... if you want I'll erase it..." he said as he rubbed the back of his neck lightly.

Kitty looked confused for a second as he explained himself. She was about to shove her hand into his stomach when he pulled the book out of his bag. Looking at the pictures, she backed up, realizing that he just had a fetish and that he didn't know who she was. That was a relief. Kitty looked a bit relieved for a second before she looked at the picture again. It was pretty accurate. "You're pretty good..." For a second, she forgot that he had scared the crap out of her, and she took in the drawing. "No, it's cool. It just scared me a bit." Kitty smiled shyly before saying, "Sorry, I didn't mean to shove you against the wall. I guess I don't know my own strength." She did, but she didn't need him to know that. "Uh... I'm Katherine. Everyone calls me Kitty though. That's why I was a bit freaked out when I saw the drawings. It was kinda like you were stalking me."

He chuckled softly,"I'm Ryu." he said, giving a soft smile,"It's okay... I was just a bit... shocked... haven't been handled like that in a while..." he said as he looked away a bit,"And I know, I'm weird for this sort of thing..." he said, referring to the book,"But hey... some people like crazier things..." he said, taking a deep breath. He looked around a bit, he could tell she hadn't started unpacking and setting up her room how she'd like it. He, on the other hand, had already set up all this stuff just how he liked it. Although it wasn't too hard to do such stuff, but then again everything always seemed to easy,"So... uh..." he said, trying to figure out something to say, suddenly realizing he was in a girls room, alone with her.

Kitty raised an eyebrow at the "a while" of his sentence. "You've been handled like that before?" She was a bit confused and interested at the same time. Maybe he was like her. "No, I wouldn't say weird. However, I would at least ask the person before you started drawing them. What if I was some butch lesbian or something and I beat the crap out of you?" Okay, Kitty had almost been one of those, minus the butch lesbian part, but still. He should have been more careful. As he looked around her room, Kitty looked with him before realizing that the only thing she had unpacked was her Beckham poster. "Oh God. Um, I didn't really have time to unpack. Are you a freshman? That orientation thing was really boring." Kitty tried to change the subject quickly, suddenly feeling awkward.

He chuckled softly,"It's okay..." he said simply, looking at her,"Actually, I prefer it if no one sees my drawings... they tend to make people think I'm very weird, usually they just beat me up and ignore me the rest of the year..." he said, giving a soft shrug,"Heck... there are girls in there from elementary and middle school..." he said as he rubbed his eye lightly, chuckling softly,"I mean... I've always had that fascination... and I'm not going to change for anyone, so I got used to it." he said as he took a deep breath, stretching a bit,"Besides... a guy can dream... I mean, cat girls are just so cute... too bad I've never met one, I don't think I'd be able to control myself..." he said with a soft laugh, blushing slightly,"It's stupid... I know..." he said scratching his neck again lightly.

"I can see how that would happen. You should probably be less obvious about drawing someone then. There's no need to draw someone if it's going to cause you to be a loner for the rest of the year." Kitty was a bit weirded out that he was fascinated with people like her, but who wouldn't be? They were part human part cat. It was hard not to be fascinated. Of course, he was just dreaming them up, which was a bit odd because one was standing right in front of him. "I think that's something you should probably keep to yourself. If you ever find a girl, she might still be a bit weirded out that you are into that kind of stuff. I'm glad I didn't come to school in my Halloween costume of cat ears and cat tail then. That would have been like, a total turn on for you. I'd have someone chasing me around school. Oh wait..." Kitty teased him, joking that he had been the one to chase her around school anyway.

He laughed as she teased him,"Yeah yeah... and that someone would still have been me, but for different reasons." he teased back, poking her side lightly. He moved and grabbed a chair, sitting down,"Besides, if I tried, you totally wouldn't be able to resist my charms..." he said, giving a playful smarmy look before busting out laughing again,"And I mean, think about it... girls with cat ears... you see it on all the popular sites around the web, it's just a fantasy though, I mean the chances of one actually coming to a place like this is somewhere between slim and none..." he said, shrugging,"But I'd have to say, if one ever did, she'd have me eating out of the palm of her hand..." he said, leaning his chin on his hands, looking up daydreamily with a soft chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom