Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

She's a what? [ Beefy X Bang ]

Every time she glanced his way, he was looking at her. And not just looking at her, but looking at her dead on in the eyes. She put a hand to her mouth, trying to hide her nerves as she kept her eyes on the window, on the buildings as the passed by it all instead of on the man who sat so close to her, who obviously wanted her and... really, Persia didn't know how to deal with such interest.

Persia had already reached into her purse to get the money, but she looked up at Rave as he pushed it aside and paid instead, so she slid out behind him and shut the door tightly. She stood there for just a moment, buttoning up her white peacoat and put on a pair of sunglasses to shield her eyes. It was then that she felt his hand, and she looked up at him, her lips parting to say something and yet nothing came out. Instead, she just blushed and put her head down, fixated on the sidewalk. She was conscious of him leading her somewhere, of him talking to her, but she couldn't focus on the words. Rather, she was fixated on how... how nice it felt to be walking together with him, with her hand clutched so firmly in his...

Was it all a dream?

"Hm...? Oh, it sounds perfect." Kind of like this moment. Looking up into his face, seeing that smile there, it made her smile too, though she looked back down with that big smile on her face while she walked next to him, keeping her fingers entwined with his and making no move to pull them back. Why would she? It all felt too good... and maybe it was just a dream, but she could enjoy it while it lasted, right? The closer he moved to her, the more she couldn't help but lean into him, and eventually... very slowly, she wrapped her other arm around the one that held her hand so firmly in his, and walked along with him.

"You know," He said, as soon as her arm wrapped around his. "I bet we look awfully cute together."

It was true. They were getting looks as they walked down the sidewalk. Every department store they passed, Rave took a quick glance at the reflection in the glass, taking in exactly what they looked like. It was almost a perfect match as far as he could tell, though he was obviously prone to be bias. Right then, he was floating on cloud nine. Looking back to Persia, he said, "This better not be a one time deal. Just between you and me, I think I'm starting to like this just a little bit more than I care to admit. And you're beaming, so I'm going to go ahead and assume you're liking it a little bit too."

When they turned the next corner, the faintest scent of breakfast suddenly became overwhelming. Sure enough, they were standing right outside of The Early Eatery, a classic railcar diner on the outside oozing with 1950s nostalgia and probably the hippest place to get a waffle in all of New York on the inside. Rave walked Persia up the rampway and even opened the door for her, leading her to a booth. Just like the night before, Rave sat on one side of the table while Persia sat on the other. Looking across at her, Rave cocked an eyebrow, saying, "Deja vu, huh? Minus the alcohol. Hopefully you'll let me kiss you this time, yeah?"

Before she could reply, the waitress seemed to appear out of thin air, handing them their menus and saying, "What'll you guys have to drink?"

Although she didn't look up at Rave as he spoke and kept her eyes to the sidewalk, she still smiled at his comment. He flattered her an awful lot, and it was endearing that he was so interested in her... that attraction was mutual, Persia just had a hard time expressing these things as easily as Rave seemed to be able to do. She didn't even have the courage to look up at the people walking by to see the looks on their faces. In all honesty, she was a bit paranoid about these things. She worried people would see something was just plain off about her, that everything about her wasn't real at all, that what she really was wasn't anything like they saw. That look, the look of disgust, was the last one she wanted to see. So she kept her head down, tried to be as quiet and discreet as possible... but Rave was the absolutely opposite. He liked having her on his arm, and he seemed to like the fact that people might be looking at them...

Why?

She looked up at him finally and smiled a little, turning her head to look at the glass that his eyes moved to as they walked. They did look cute together... but she looked away before he could say more about it. Gently, she squeezed his arm, unsure of what to say in the situation, though she looked up at him from under her lashes a bit shyly. "I don't see why I wouldn't see you again... do you?" Before she realized it, they were in the restaurant, and she followed him inside, letting go of his arm and hand so she remove the pea coat she wore. She sat down in the booth and looked around a little, a small smile on her face. She couldn't stop smiling... at that was all because of Rave. He just made her feel so good inside. And though his words brought a blush to her cheeks, her head quickly looked up at the waitress. Thank god for diversions.

"Coffee and water, please," she said, opening the menu to look down at all the pictures of the delicious food that made her stomach grumble lightly. "It all looks so good, what are you going to have?"

Back
Top Bottom