Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demon in Disguise

Sinner

Star
Sintarious strolled down the street in his human form heading to the small vet where he worked his mind wandering as he studied the people walking past him. He stepped into the vets office smiling at the young girl who worked behind the desk and she greeted him. "morning" he said moving past her and into the back picking up a stack of folders on his way. His long black hair was pulled tight into a pony tail, he pulled his jacket off hanging it on a hook before grabbing the signature white coat.​

Jude Tierney walked into the vet clinic, her Malamute puppy, Hades, on his leash following behind her. He, understandably, didn't like anything to do with the vet office, but he was droopy anyway, because he was sick. Her phone rang as she was going through the door, opening her mouth to say hello to the woman at the desk. "Hello?" She answered her phone, but didn't hear a thing. After a minute of nothing, she hung up and shrugged. "The big man in? Hades is feeling under the weather today." She said to the receptionist, her Southern accent clear as day, drawing out her words slightly.

Sintarious sat reading through the folders seeing who his appointments were for today. He stepped out to speak with the receptionist noticing Jude he smiled at her flashing his pearly whites. "ah hello there' he said looking down at the dog' i'm guessing the little guys not feeling very well". He adjusted the glasses he wore for show as he crouched down and held a hand out to the pup.​

Jude saw Sintarious and smiled widely, putting her phone back in her phone back into her pocket, where it instantly began to ring again. Since she'd been getting silent phone calls for the last two days, she ignored it. "Yeah, he hasn't wanted to eat, but is still throwing up." She said, watching him with her puppy.

He started petting the puppy "well lets see if we can't find the problem shall we?" he said picking the dog up' i've got a little while before my first appointment". He stepped into the back room setting the dog down on the little table "so when did this start?" he asked as he started to go through the basic routine checking the dog.​

Jude followed him in back and leaned against the wall to watch. "Yesterday morning." She said. "I thought it would be okay after a little while, after he ate some grass or something. But he just seemed to get more... Droopy. He wouldn't play, and this morning, he didn't even want to go for a walk." She told him, frowning sadly. She was sure that it would look like she was trying to get some more time to see him, but she really was concerned for her puppy.

He smiled at her a bit trying to give her hope "well if you want to leave him with me overnight I might be able to figure out whats wrong with him" he said looking at the dog ' i can't find anything right now but i may be able to later". He continued the check up for the dog but couldn't find anything wrong with him.​

Jude hated spending time away from Hades, he was like her little guardian. But, if she wanted to keep him around for longer, then she would have to leave him for the night. "Alright." She said, sighing and pushing some of er red hair behind her ear. "Thanks.. What time should I come pick him up in the morning?" She asked him, now looking at the man in front of her.

"um well if you wanted you could come in a bit before we open and we can talk that way I'm not ignoring anyone else" he suggested as he stood there petting the puppy gently.​

Jude sighed and nodded. "Alright." She said, walking forward to get close to her puppy. "I will see you tomorrow, okay, friend?" She said, putting her hands under the puppy's ears. She kissed the top of his head and petted down his back before standing straight. "Thanks a lot." She said almost sadly.

He smiled at her as she kissed the puppy then thanked him "don't worry about it" he said a voice in the back of his mind telling him it should have been him she kissed. "i'm sure that after the night with him your pup will be good to go I'll make that my personal guarantee" he said flashing her a smile.​

Jude smiled at the vet and quickly wrapped her arms around his shoulders in a hug. The much smaller woman had to start on her tip-toes and reach up, but she managed admirably. "Thank you, so much." She said squeezing him slightly before letting go and smiling at him as she dropped back to her full feet.

He smiled back at her hugging her back "don't worry about it its no trouble" he said letting her go. He glanced at the dog hoping he could help make it feel better.​

"Well.." Jude cleared her throat and smiled shyly at the man that she was slowly coming to get to know. "I suppose I should go. I have a job interview in two hours and I guess I should go get ready for it." She said, not really wanting to leave either of them, but knowing it was only for the night with Hades. "Thanks again." She said, flashing him a slow smile.

Back
Top Bottom