Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Big decision

Which do you think would be best

• Total voters

Vixen_Mistress

Supernova
So here is the situation, I have had the IUD (Mirena) for a little under a year and when my bf and I go at it it hurts because of his size, now I am getting it removed this week and don't know what to switch to, the pill, the patch, the shot, or something else. What do you think, please tell me of any suggestions you have or your opinion.

Side notes: Here are my issues with some of the decisions
1. I am deathly afraid of shots and faint at the sight of them because of a traumatic experience.
2. I take pills easily, but I am afraid of not taking them on time and getting prego.
3. I have heard the patch causes scholeosis(sp?)

I would like to hear your opinion on what to do, but please be respectful of myself and others.

But I am on DES health insurance, I don't think I can pay for that. I am broke at the moment, But thank you so much for an input, I did not know they had those.

Consult a doctor. They'd know what is best for you and your particular comfort/situation a lot better than any of us would.

Yeah I know, but I would like to hear pros and cons from people who have had them, or had people who had tried them so I would know what to expect, and if one is better than the other since my IUD the went over everything and the doc explained the others, but when I explained everything he did not really help me with picking which would be best, but I might just need a new doctor so I can get better feed back. But thank you, I do plan on talking with them about it, but I was curious about other peoples opinions on it and maybe what some girls use or have used.

Ah, well, personally, I use VCF(Vaginal Contraceptive Film) and it works great. It lasts for about 3 hours, so there's no hassle of putting it in right then and there in the moment and it dissolves and washes away with the natural body fluids. And you don't have to remember to take it every day and there are no hormonal side-effects - you just have to remember to put one in before you do the dirty dance between the sheets. Simple. Clean. And easy and about 94% effective. *shrugs*

And best of all, you don't need a prescription.

You're right, I don't know what the costs are. It might be worth saving up for, though: investigate what kind of subdermal contraceptives are out there, and amortize the costs. That means measure it out over the life of the contraceptive.

Say a 5 year implant costs $125, say. I have no idea if that's close, but let's use that as a benchmark. if you break it down, that's $25 a year. About $2.09 a month, or $0.48 a week. If the implant costs are greater than that, then sure, the amortized costs are going to be greater, too. Point is, don't think of how expensive it is up front, think of how expensive it's going to be over the long term.

That might give you a slightly better view on the whole deal. But clearly, you've got to do what you can. Good luck!

Yes and thank you for both your opinions and such, I will look into both further, and as far as financial goes my money all goes into supporting my son while I go to school, I am currently getting help from family till I graduate so I have almost no money. But I can still look into it.

I looked into the scoliosis thing concerning the patch--that only appears to aggravate it in people who already have scoliosis because of potential muscle inflammation.

Back
Top Bottom