Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Laird of the Land (buttefly0408/kolath)

Flynn went to take the seat beside his sister once again, thought she did not let him touch her. The air was tense in the aftermath of him spanking her like a child. People went about eating or small talk, but when they we finish, one by one people peeled off from the grouping around the fire to find sleep. Angus eventually patted Flynn on the shoulder, "Time to sleep lad. You'll bunk with me. Sorry to say, I'll have to tether you to me." Flynn nodded in understanding before he patted his sister on the shoulder and left. Soon it was only the two of them at the fire and silence in the air. She would not look at him, just staring into the flames.

He sat there for a long moment before coming over to her and gently reaching down to take her arm. “Come Blair, its time that we were heading to bed, and you will be sleeping with me tonight since I can’t trust you to not run away.” His voice was gentle but his words firm. He knew that he had stepped over a line that was making the whole air in the camp tense but she had pushed him to it hadn’t she? He pushed any thoughts of doubt and questioning himself aside as he gently encouraged her to his bed roll.

Even though he held her arm, she tried to keep her body as far from his as possible, making them look like an odd pair as they moved to his single bed roll. There was no way...

Glancing at the roll and the little space it offered them, knowing they would be forced to be pressed together, Blair sad herself on it, but only for a moment before she scooted off it and onto the dirt beside the roll. Curling her hands under her head as a pillow, she said nothing to him as she closed her eyes.

He sighed as she was being stubborn again and slipped into his bedroll making sure that she was close enough to not let her get away from him. “When you start to freeze you are welcome to change your mind.” Even in his bedroll he moved closer to her his arm slipping around her waist so that she couldn’t get away without removing it as he slowly started to drift off into sleep.

His hand didn't last long before she reached for his hand with hers, moving it off her and turning over to present her hands to him. "You best lease me to you for you will sleep with your hands on my person as over my dead body." For such words, they seemed pretty tame for the harsh words.

He raised an eyebrow slowly at her defiance and then smirked tying her hands and then binding hers to his before returning to lay down in his bedroll. “So be it then. Sleep well.” He closed his eyes and soon fell asleep still holding the rope to her hands as he slept so she couldn’t escape. The next day would bring even more he knew but it wasn’t that moment so he could sleep peacefully.

Come morning, the carts packed up and went on their way again while they left behind the small hunting party that was now plus two guests they would be returning with to the castle. With no horses for them, it was decided that Flynn would ride with Angus. And as for Blair... "I would rather YOU ride with him and I with Angus," Blair whispered to her brother as they waited nearby to leave while the other finished their packing. Blair had not said anything to Kael since the night before at bed time. Her hands free now, she rubbed them over her still chilled arms.

Angus Kael and Nolan were almost ready to leave as they saddled their horses packing up their supplies and then after they finished they all mounted. Angus and Kael turned back to the two siblings Kael holding his hand out to her to help her up. While Flynn just shrugged to say that there was nothing they could do about it and swung up behind Angus. Kael still waited for her to take his hand going to place her in front of him so she didn’t fall off while they rode.

She sighed deeply and seeing no choice, she accepted his hand, soon finding herself lifted up off the ground and settled onto the saddle with him soon mounding behind her. Having his arms around her made her heart beat and another chill run through her as they got settled together and the horses soon started to move, heading back towards the keep. Silence...

Nothing was said between the two of them as they rode on to the keep making their way there as quickly as they could. Kael was thinking over what he was going to have to do to teach her to understand just what it was that she had in this keep and in him. well he knew what he would do and so they rode on quickly making their way up to the keep where the women of his family quickly came out to greet them.

"Oh thank the lord! You found them!" his aunt cried out as she came running to great the returning party. "We were all worried sick when we couldn't find these two anywhere in the keep! Thought the worst really."

Angus dismounted with Flynn first and gave a half a laugh, "It was close to the worse. We caught these two attempting to flee our hospitality. Fate stepped in and we ran into them. Well, actually to be honest it was Blair that ran into Kael." The man smiled as he watched Kael helping Blair to dismount. No sooner where her feet on the ground, she pulled away from him.

"Oh dear...." his aunt said shaking her head slowly, "I had thought it was possible but didn't really think..." the way she looked at Blair as if she was personal insulted by the actions the girl had taken struck Blair. It had been nothing against the Sutherland's hospitality. It had all been against Kael's to MUCH hospitality. Blair blushed a little and hung her head, looking like the punished child once more.

Kael dimounted and then helped Blair down before gently placing his hands on her shoulders and starting to guide her into the keep. “Yes I’m afraid that is what the case is and since that is the problem we will have to take some time and be a little less hospitable. As of now no one is to talk to Blair Ross, and she is not to leave her room. As for you…” he turned to look at Flynn, “I will deal with your punishment later but for now excuse me I have to see your sister to her room.” He gave her no choice going so far as to throw her over his shoulder if she fought at all and taking her to her room.

"What?!" his order of what her punishment was going to be was the first thing to bring words of her lip in over 12 hours. "That's completely uncalled for. The crime does not match the punishment." Perhaps it actually was a bit more lenient then she actually did deserve, but she was the kind of person that needed others and needed to be able to roam a little freely. She'd go crazy caged up and that is what he meant to do with her now. "What am I suppose to do all by myself and with no one to speak with?"

He continued moving her toward her room opening the door for it and gently but firmly pushing her in and standing in the door way so she couldn’t get back out. “I have no idea. But I’m not the one that has to figure that out you are. When you are ready to talk to someone you can talk to me. I will be bringing you your meals here and if you wish to talk to me then you can ask to at those times.” He started to close the door to leave her to her own thoughts and the punishment he had made just for her.

"You are a wretched man!" she yelled at him as he closed the door. She waited a few moments before going to it and testing the handle only to find it locked tight. That just got another few curses about him thrown at the door.

As Kael came down the steps, he found his aunt and sister, arms crossed, "We know the lass did something wrong, but how long do you really intend to keep her locked up in that room? Shouldn't we be trying to win her over not make her hate us?"

He sighed and shook his head at her language before going down the stairs not being able to stop his chuckle at the thought of her as a lady of a castle using such language. As he saw his aunt and sister waiting for him he almost turned and ran but knew it wouldn’t do any good so faced the problem. He sighed and sat down on the stairs leaning back a little as they voiced their concerns. “I suppose that might be a good idea, but she can come out of her room any time she wants. Just on my terms. The only thing keeping her from talking to anyone or coming out is her own pride.”

Flynn laughed slightly as Angus offered him a cup of ale and the lad held it up almost in a toss, "One thing my father did teach her and teach her well was to keep pride until the bitter end. You have a challenge ahead of you." He sipped upon his cup while Angus laughed as well.

"Wait..." his sister said, rising to look from Flynn and then to Kael, "Why do you allow him to do that when you have locked his sister up? And you talk so freely like friends..." she crossed her arms, "Don't you dare tell me that you two have planned this together against that poor lass. Your own sister?"

Kael just laughed at Flynn’s comment and then looked at his sister and aunt. “Yes we did, though Flynn will still need to have some appearance of punishment, but I’m sure we can make it work. Do you have a problem with our idea my sweet sister? its only till she stops thinking about running away.”

Flynn had blushed when the ladies got after him for planning against his own sister. “Really this is for her own good…she was just so scared of Kael here making her into his leman that she wanted to get away. Apparently this had all started when he kissed her one day, and she couldn’t stop thinking about it.”

Kael had tried to get Flynn to stop talking about why this had happened he knew if she aunt and sister found out about the kiss the would never let him live it down….oh well.

Both his aunt and his sister were staring him down now. If looks could kill... "You did what?" started his sister.

"And want to maker her your... what?" his aunt added. Kael was now the center of their attention and no man dared to come support him or rescue him right now. "Sit..." his aunt said, pointing to a chair and when he took it, he soon found his sister on one side and his aunt on his other. "Blair is not the kind of girl you make into your leman Kael. That's an insult to her as well as to yourself. She's a good girl of noble birth. You do what you are thinking of doing and you will not be getting away with anything less then marriage to her."

He sighed knowing that this was going to get ugly fast. He sat in the chair leaning back and bracing himself for the coming onslaught. “You both know me better then that. I would never take a woman of Blair’s birth as my leman, she just thought I would.” He sighed placing his head in his hands as they continued with their onslaught. “If I had to marry her I would just like I told Flynn, can we please just let this go? I mean this is Kael your talking to not some ignoble bastard that goes around deflowering women left and right for the fun of it.”

The mood got a bit less tense, but that didn't make it any less serious. "Kael..." his aunt spoke low to him, "Are you sure this is want you want? If you go down this path you cannot turn back. You will find yourself sooner or later married to Blair Ross. Is she the one you want? Sutherland's are honorable men and you know your family will not stand for you sleeping around on your wife. If you pursue Blair Ross, she will be your one and only for the rest of your life. If that is what you want, I will not stop. If it is not, I will help the girl escape this place myself. I will not see her hurt. She's a good girl."

He sighed and stood placing his hands on his aunt’s shoulders. “I haven’t started down a path that has only one end. If anything were to happen to make it a path that I can’t turn back from, as you said we Sutherlands are honorable men. Now until something happens to make it so that there is only one outcome can we please drop the subject. Besides she says that it will never happen so there is no need to even talk about this. “

Angus smiled, "If she says it'll never happen, then why do you will pursue her?" There was a small bit of laughter before his aunt rose and sighed, answering for him, "Because, the man likes a challenge. I think this lass will give you one like you've never known before." She started to walk away, heading towards the kitchens to go about her work.

His sister continued the thought as she rose and came to hug her brother from behind, teasing him as well, "Perhaps getting turned down a few dozen times will make that ego of yours a bit more manageable for the rest of us to deal with you."

He glared at his sister and aunt as they made their comments about his plan. They loved to tease him and finally finding a woman that could resist him was something they had been looking for. He growled softly shaking his head knowing it was all meant in good fun but still he did have to think about their cautions about going too far with Blair. The last thing he needed was to get in trouble with the clan, and he knew if he played this wrong he would be in trouble with them.

Later that night he came up to her room and knocking once walked in without waiting for her to tell him to enter. He had a tray of food from their dinner plated up for her with some fruit and wine, not at all what would be given to a prisoner.

She sat in the window seat, just as she had been the morning he had come to take her for a ride. When he entered, her head noticeable turned even more towards the window, looking out over the dusk covered keep ground and beyond. She knew it was him and he was in part the last person she wanted to talk to but at the same time, she had to ask...

As she head whatever he brought with him touch the table, she spoke... though her face was still directed to the window even with words meant for him, "Be easy on my brother. He had nothing to do with it. I forced him to go along with it..."

Back
Top Bottom