Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Laird of the Land (buttefly0408/kolath)

He smiled as they walked to the stables and she asked such obvious questions that he hadn’t been ready for. He laughed softly, “Well what Laird doesn’t want the company of a beautiful young woman.” He chuckled as they made their way into the stable and he quickly started to saddle first his horse and then went over to help her if she still needed it. “Truthfully lady Blair I have some questions that I would like to put to you about your life with your father. And they would be best asked somewhere more private.”

She was doing a surprisingly good job of prepping her horse to be saddled, but when it came to actually putting the saddle itself on the horse's back, there was no way she could get that up that high. She could barely lift it off the ground let along up high enough to get onto the horse. Moving back when he came forth to finish the job for her, she crossed her arms, "What kind of thing? You realize that I will not betray my clan to you. If you mean to ask me things that could benefit you against them, you waste your time."

He laughed and shook his head. “Nothing like that.” He lifted the saddle onto the horse and started to tighten the cinch down. “I want to talk to you about your father. All I want to know is about you and your life nothing to do with your clan’s secrets or anything.” He checked over work and nodded in approval. “Well done,” he turned and gently slipped his hands around her waist and before she could say anything lightly lifted her up onto the horse letting their bodies brush against each other. He went to get into the saddle and motioned toward the door, “Shall we?”

Not sure what exactly he could want to know about her father and her live... what he would want to ask and why he would care to know in the first place, but before she could protest going with him she found herself carefully placed up upon the top of her horse. She realized she had very little say in the matter and so she took her reigns into her hand and with a little click of her tongue, her horse started walking.

He moved his horse out with her moving along side her and heading down through the castle and out of the village. All the people that they passed greeted him kindly bowing in respect and moving to one side to let them pass. Finally they were out of the village and out into the surrounding fields. They moved at a slow walk just something comfortable for them and the horse. Finally after awhile of just riding he turned to her. “What type of man was your father?”

She couldn't help but note as they rode how the people truly seemed to not only respect their laird, but liked him as well. It was a foreign thing for her. Her father was feared more then anything else. When he finally spoke to her, asking about her father, she hesitated to answer at first but then realized... what was the harm now? He was dead. "He was a stubborn man. He had his way of how ever little thing was to be run and it had to be done exactly to the smallest detail."

He nodded slowly thinking over what she said as she said it. he had met many men like Fergus and knew the type. “And if everything didn’t go just right he would get angry and blame the person that told him even if there was nothing that could be done about it, Right?” he sighed softly. “How was he as a father?”

She paused a moment and sighed, no use in lying, "Some say it's bad luck to speak ill of the dead..." was a very ominous way to start the conversation, "But I will take my chances. He was not much of a father in the way a father should be. There was to love or caring, compassion. At least not for Flynn or me. Shawe was his whole world. He dedicated every moment of his life to making Shawe the perfect image of himself to take his place as laird."

He nodded thinking over what he had learned already about the little that their father had told them. “And what little he did tell you was to scare you into doing what he said so that you were both easier to control.” He shook his head slowly. Coming up a small hill on his horse he dismounted and turned to her reaching up and gently helping her down from the saddle letting her brush against his body again. The sun was setting just over the hills as he looked into her eyes as he helped her down off the horse.

She frowned a little, "Do you wish to keep having a conversation with yourself?" she asked as she pushed away from him, not feeling very comfortable being so close to him. "I say a few things and you feel like you can take the matter upon yourself to finish my own thought? If YOU want to tell ME about my father, then stop asking."

He looked at her for a long moment as she went on about how he needed to stop finishing her thoughts. “Well excuse me for knowing the type of man your father is. And if you finished your thoughts rather then stopping in the middle like you are I wouldn’t need too.” He was slightly annoyed that she was reacting the way she was to him and it clearly came through in his voice.

She turned on him then, crossing her arms, her own annoyance in her face, "Well if you'd give me the chance to finish my thoughts before you took them over..." She gave a huff and turned away, walking to an nearby tree and leaning against it, her face turned away from him. This man frustrated her to no end! Though perhaps it was more having to face the facts about the man her father had been that troubled her now. "What are we doing out here anyway? These are questions you could have easily asked me in a room at the keep..."

He growled slightly in frustration at her attitude. “You women always find some way that it is the mans fault.” He walked over to her grabbing her elbow and starting to pull her back toward the horses. “Because I can’t be sure that it was totally privet but if you prefer that all these truths about the man that your father was came out in public that’s fine with me come on.” he continued to drag her back toward the horses not giving her much of a choice holding her elbow tightly.

She tugged her arm and fought him, "You let me go! How dare you!" she scolded him. Digging her feet a little into the ground, only then did her efforts become fruitful and she was able to pull away, not running but putting enough distance between them that she was out of arms reach of him. "What does it matter he kind of man he was to you? You never met him. You didn't have to live under his thumb. And now he's dead. Let the dead rest in peace." And forget about them and all the pain they caused her life. Even in death the man haunted her. It was his fault she was here now, living every second with an unsure future, not prepared for whatever lay ahead of her. Facing it on her own.

He growled and turned back slowly moving toward her again working his way around trying to back her against the tree to stop her from getting away. “It’s a good thing to, had I had to live under him I probably would have killed him myself. I’m just glad that he died when he did because it saved your brother the task of killing him for all the pain he caused him and you. Assuming that he could have pulled enough male pride together to have the courage to do it. Your father did you and your brother great harm and sooner or later Flynn would have had to take matters into his own hands.”

There was a line. He had crossed it. As he yelled at her, saying terrible things about her father and her brother, her face tried to stay strong, but her eyes started to waver in the way that they did right before a person's eyes started to fill with tears. They were mean, hurtful things he said to her about her family. They were all true, but that didn't stop the fact that they were still her family. Wither she was more upset over what he said or that they were all the truest of words... she didn't know. "You are a terrible person..." she told him as she held it in best she could. The only way to stop herself from letting it out was to channel it somewhere else. All at once, her face filled with rage and she screamed at him, "I HATE YOU!"

He struggled for a moment with feeling bad that he had hurt her wishing that he could take it back, then she yelled at him. Suddenly he was right with her in the scale of rage. He couldn’t believe how stupid and naive she was being. He growled as she yelled back at him. his eyes flashed with rage as she yelled that she hated him. “And you are a stupid naïve girl…” he grabbed her arm and forced her to face him pulling her close and kissing her deeply his hand slipping into her hair the other around her waist making it impossible for her to pull away.

The sudden kiss stunned Blair! Both from it actually happening and from the intensity of the kiss. This was nothing like the one he had given her that day in the woods. This kiss was fueled with their mutual frustration and rage with one another, making the emotions catch and burn. He had promised her that he would give her a kiss she could not forget, and this was true to his word. She pushed against his chest at first until her resistance grew weaker, the force on how she pushed against him lessened.

He continued to kiss her pulling her tight against her as long as she fought him. when she started to lessen the fight he lessened his hold just slightly. His hand still tangled in her hair as he continued the kiss deepening it and pouring all the heat of the emotions he was feeling into it. both anger and passion rolled into the kiss because deep inside he loved a woman that wasn’t afraid to yell back at him when she felt it was needed. He pressed her back up against the tree lightly pinning her there as the kiss deepened.

Time seemed to get lost for awhile. Blair had no idea how long they had been kissing but eventually it started to sink back in as to what exactly it was they were doing. Only then did her strength start to return to her hands again. Eventually, her pushing at his started once more as she realized she was not just kissing him, she was LETTING him kiss her. And she was liking it! "MMM!" she protested at last against his lips.

He was still lost in the kiss when he felt her pushing back against him and couldn’t help but smirk. He leaned back from the kiss looking into her eyes his lips turned up in a sly smile. “I told you that I would show you what a real kiss was.” His hand brushed her cheek brushing his thumb over her lips. “And there is no way you can deny that you enjoyed that.” He was standing right there after the kiss still close against her looking into her eyes with that self absorbed smirk knowing he had affected her.

She was embarrassed to find herself panting a little with quickened breathing. Her eyes were glazed over with confusion at first as she just looked up at him, struggling to find the proper words. Seeing how cocky he was being, knowing he had gotten her to react just the way he wanted her to, her face got mad once more and she pushed away from him, "Watch me..." she told him as she started to head back in the direction of her horse.

He smirked and followed her just as she got to her horse he grabbed her again and pushing her back against her horse kissed her once more not as deep or as long but still filled with emotion. “You might be able to deny it to me and to others, but deep inside you know that you loved the feel of your lips and body pressed against mine.” He smirked and quickly stepped away to avoid her hand of knee that she might use against him going to his horse.

Once more he captured her off guard with his passionate kiss, quick though it was. Watching him walk away, so full of himself because he knew what he was doing to her. "OOOO!!!" she said in frustration as she quickly climbed up into her saddle, "You are a horribly frustrating.... egotistical... MAN!" she yelled as she kicked her horse into gear and went galloping back towards the keep, with or without him. She couldn't be near him. She had to get away. Now and forever.

He laughed as she rode away knowing that even if the first part of their conversation had turned into a yelling match. Still the second part had worked out perfectly. He rode behind her just close enough to keep an eye on her and stop her from running of watching her ride and enjoying every moment of it.

Several days passed and once again he didn’t come to see her again just letting the memory of his kiss linger in her mind. He did however go and start to personally train Flynn. He showed him everything from how to duel to the way to correctly monitor the taxes finding out how much the average person is making and having a fair system based on that rather than a base rate across the land. Every moment he could he spent with Flynn taking him under his wing like a older brother would the younger.

Back
Top Bottom