Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ElfQuest !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatricioINTP

Supporter
Supporter
14-SBM1_01.jpg

Okay, I now got a new sudden craving. If you are familiar with EQ, you might as well skip down to the next section, Pairings and Plots. For everyone else wondering what EQ is and if you want to RP it, continue on.

ElfQuest was the first major comic that was done by a woman, Windy Pini. It starts off with the Wolfriders, a group of halfling sized elves that bond with and ride wolves, having to find a new home after humans burn down their forest. They do find one in the desert with another group, the Sun Folk. From there, the Wolfrider chief, knowing they won't always be safe from humans, embark on a quest to find not just other elves but to find their heritage. Its a very low fantasy set in primitive times, though issue 20 just threw that out of the door and changed what-the-heck-really-happened.

But a few warnings to you Blue Moon users. The elves in EQ do have sex. Lots of sex. But intercourse was rare. 'Baby making' sex was mostly limited to those who went through recognition, a psychological and biological urge to have offspring, and often by doing so become not just soulmates but lifemates. (Two elves can be lifemates and not recognized soulmates) Other than creating children, intercourse was not done except for a few cases. The Go Backs repress recognition wanting quantity over quality, which recognition offers. There was a Hidden Years – I think – issue where two elves force themselves to having intercourse to force recognition for themselves, but was both unsuccessful and unsatisfying. Any sex is limited to intense cuddling/making out naked and perhaps oral sex. I don't see anal sex likely with them. Things like bathing in public or having a softcore orgy is not uncommon.

Most of the issues are now free online.

http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics3.html

Pairings and Plots

Note with all cases but the last (which is SPOILERISH), I want to play with original characters! No requests for playing established characters will be accepted unless they are barely mentioned or nameless in the comic. Edit: Okay, I STRONGLY PREFER to play OC.

Lifemate x Lifemate: Standard, typical pairing. May be from the same elf group or form other groups with a plot reason. Wolfrider x Sun Folk is easy due to that is what happened in the story (Cutter x Leetah). Gliders x Any – including another Glider – will be far difficult unless you want your own Dewshine x Tyldak plot.

Human x Elf: This is kinda obvious, despite all the fears between the two. This can be a master x slave plot, but I rather it be more true to the original source and be more of a forbidden romance sort of a thing, much like how Mantricker and Demontricker were friends (Blood of Ten Chiefs). I do have an initial starting idea for how this can start out with a Wolfrider. The rest will be difficult, as Sun Folk and Go Backs are isolated, and Gliders might not even care.

The next plot idea is a HUGE SPOILER and should only be read if you have finished the main quest. Namely, issue 20. DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER. Even if you want to RP this without planning on reading the comic.

… … …

… … …

… … …

… … …

… … …

This is what I am craving the most. Since the Elves are actually aliens thrown back in time, I have this what-if idea where I play a human looking alien with high technology, setting up just above the Wolfrider's Holt sometime before the forest went down in flames. I play the human alien while you can play any or all the established cannon characters during the main quest. Though I rather have a elf lifemate that is OC. So it will play out like the main quest, except this character is added.

… … …

… … …

… … …

… … …

… … …

Oooh, thanks for the link to the online comics. I vaguely remember reading Cutter/Leetah a long time ago and would love to go re-read. I'm not sure I read through the whole thing and as I said, it was years and years ago.

I don't have time to take on a new rp at the moment, but I'm putting this on my list of future possibilities.

Thanks again for the link!

It makes me saddened that you don't want to play any of the established characters. A long time ago I had a very satisfying roleplaying with Mr. Master - where Skywise ended up getting a mate with an elf that was a bit of a throwback to like the third or fourth gen. She was held in a preserver cocoon.

I just prefer the freedom to create originals than be tied down trying to play an established one. Playing one as NPC briefly is okay. A full RP with my main character as one is just harder and/or not as fun, but still doable... with some reluctance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom