Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to Night Shift (RV and PW)

Jack was downstairs, sorting out the trouble as it appeared two guys were fighting over a girl they both appeared to know. He stopped them both, placing a bouncer in between them as they settled down until he told them to leave. He knew that if they showed up again and caused trouble, he'd have to call the police. Stuff like that happened rarely but he knew the chief of police well enough to know that they would fix it. The officers did after all visit the club a lot when they weren't on duty.

He headed back inside after clearing his head, the kiss with Abby stayed on his mind though as he made his way up the stairs, not seeming bothered with waving and smiling at people even though he just wanted everything to quiet down. He wanted to be able to talk with her and tell her what he had meant by the dance because so far he had never danced with any of the other girls, only her. He spotted the group on the second floor and felt a lump in his throat, for once in his life he was actually nervous about it but quickly he put out his plan. He grabbed a hold of one of the waiters, telling him to pass a quickly scribbled note to Abby, letting her know that she and her friends could come join him and some others in the VIP area up near his office. He then plucked out a few of his friends, making sure there weren't more than three of his friends along with himself as he then went up to the VIP room, waiting for the girls to be there as he knew how to work it exactly.

Glancing at the note Abby slipped it over to the girls who looked at her in shock. They had never been up in the VIP lounge and now even Emily seemed impressed with the entire situation. Finishing their shots, the girls paid their does to the bar keeper before sneaking threw the crowd, Sabrina taking the lead. She had tried to sneak into the room once, when her favourite band and visited. Unfortunately she had failed miserably.

Sighing a little Abby followed her friend, her own heart pounding to the point that she could hear it in her ears. What was he planning? How could she face him? Or actually what was she going to say? She really did not want to talk about the kiss worried that she would end up doing something she would regret later. Arriving at the door all four girls looked at the bouncer who turned out to be the same one as the one in front of Jacks office.

Leading the way into the room the young woman was shocked to see how few people were in the room. Taking it for what it was, she could not help but smile when she noticed Jack. Slinking over to him, she looked at her girls who followed. “ Thank you for the invite.”

Jack was chatting a bit with the other males as they were alone in the room, there weren't really people there unless there was a band so they would have it all for themselves. He stood up when the girls entered, introducing the other males as Patrick, Michael and Gabriel. They were all quite handsome as each of them seemed to pick a liking in one of the girls apart from Abby.

Jack approached her when the others were busy, nodding in response as he stood in front of her. "I'm sorry about the misunderstanding with the dance and the kiss." He told her, looking away as he bit his lower lip. "I don't know what went through me but I want you to know that I'm not trying any fancy tricks to get you to bed." He told her, his tone gentle and soft as he knew what he wanted and what he didn't want and it was to especially not rush her into anything with him. If he messed up he'd have another Julia to worry about and he wasn't ready for that just now.

The fact that the girls actually seemed oblivious to what was being played here made Abby almost laugh out loud, instead she chuckled lightly under her breath before turning her full attention back to the man she could not help but seem attracted to, even if she did not want to admit it. Listening carefully a small smile meet his gaze “I don’t know what to say. I mean I have no idea why I dared to steal the rose from you. I mean the dance…it was just harmless fun right?” Her tone indicated that she was more trying to convince herself then him.

Taking a seat on one of the couches in the VIP area Abby could not look up at Jack for a second. “Listen, I don’t know what happened down there, and I am perfectly find with being friends and working for you. I don’t how ever in any way think it would be wise for either of us to show any attraction toward one another…I mean you are my boss and then people would think I am simply trying to sleep my way into the job.” She rethought her words realising it sounded as though she was harsh and accusing him. “I am not accusing you of anything, I simply want to make it clear that nothing will happen between us.”

Jack listened to her, wanting it to have been harmless fun himself too as he sunk, hearing her tone and understanding what she meant. "I think it was." He replied, looking back at her. He couldn't help but remember how it was to feel her pressed against him in their dance. It had felt so wonderful and now he was stuck trying to convince himself that nothing had happened between them and that they had only enjoyed themselves. It proved to be a harder task than first anticipated as he looked into her eyes, rembering how they had looked when they had been on the dancefloor.

"I know." He replied at first, standing for a moment as he cleared his head before sitting down next to her. He had listened to her and even if she had sounded accusing, he didn't care. "Look, I don't care whatever happens between us, if it turns out we fall in love then so be it." He told her. "But if we ever have sex, trust me, no one will know it took place besides us and whoever we decide to tell. It does not mean we're going to though." He finished off, looking more serious now than before as he knew that they were completely shielded from the others. He didn't care what happened now as long as they didn't end up in a fight.

His sudden outburst of seriousness, shocked her. That was the last thing the young lady had been expected. With a look of what the hell just happened written on her face the blond stared at the vampire. Had he just said fall in love and then have sex. What was going on in his strange mind, he had just meet her. Hell what was going on in her own mind, she was falling for someone she barely even knew. “Alright Jack, whatever happens happens.” She agreed before looking around for a bar.

Sighing she walked towards the door gave her order to the bouncer and returned to sitting next to him. “What’s the deal with Julia?” Curiosity was killing her to know what had been between the two of them, while her eyes circled the room taking note of what he female friends where up to, trying to change the subject away from the two of them.

Jack watched her as she replied and stood up. He knew that his bouncer would be getting their drinks, as he left for the closest bar. Jack stood ran a hand through his hair as he thought about everything. He hadn't fully understood why he had told her about what if they fell in love. It was odd for him to even mention that kind of stuff and only Julia had been told anything like it. He sighed as she wouldn't be able to hear that, thoughts running through his head as she came back and sat next to him.

He then heard her question, his heart sinking a bit as he knew that he would have to tell her about it. "Well, it's a decent length story." He said, watching as their drinks arrived, he took a quick sip. "We go back to before this place was built. We had a thing back then, however little it was, it was there." He told her. "But no matter what I tried to do for her it didn't appear to work, she had fallen in love with me but she didn't realise all the stuff I was trying to do for our own good." He told her, looking away before he leant back. "I had to end it, if she wasn't able to see it, I couldn't be with her. I don't keep my plans hidden for my loved ones, they are a part of what makes me the me I am." He finished a moment later with the tale. "She held a grudge against me because she lost her good life, and whenever I'm seen with a girl and she spots it, she tries to scare them away because she wants to be the one who makes me happy." He emptied his drink, not caring about how much there actually was in the glass before he put it on the table next to them.

Back
Top Bottom