Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger82 and I. ^_^

Nathan was sleeping uncomfortably. The fact she forgot everything really got to him and annoyed him. He just wanted her to remember so things would be a bit easier for him...but no matter how far he delved into her mind, he could not find the memories.

Alana wasn't sure how long it had been but she woke up suddenly from a nightmare, atleast this time she woke up on a comfortable bed and wasn't being molested. 'Oh God, what am i going to do, I can't stay here,' she thought to herself frowning and then curling up into a ball.

Alana found that at the moment she couldn't go back to sleep so she finally switched positions facing in Nathan's direction. It was a surprise to see that he was already facing her way and the look on his face looked troubled.

Nathan slowly began to wake and opened his eyes to see her looking at him. He grunted and turned back over. So much racing through his mind, so much he wanted her to remember. Their many rivallry battles that were at first scornful but turned into a fun activity for the likes of him...until he pushed the last battle too far and almost cost him his life.

Alana cringed when he opened his eyes suddenly and then turned away from her clearly upset. Biting her lip gently she sighed and thought about the reason was here, 'Why can't I just remember?' she thought before frowning and then soon drifting back off to sleep.

Sometime later, Nathan finally got up. He hadn't gone back to sleep since he woke up. He went out to the attic and climbed through a hole in the roof to get to it. Though he had wings, they were just for show because he could no longer fly with them due to many injuries Alana gave him in previous fights. He sat there and stared at the night moon.

Alana had felt Nathan get up and leave the room and she sat up quietly as she waited. 'Where is he going?' he thought to herself before getting out of bed and quietly following him. Watching him pull himself through a hole, 'Will he be mad if I follow?" she thought to herself.

Nathan knew she was there but said nothing. He hated the feeling of being spied on but he didn't feel like yelling. He wished she just remembered...everything. He wanted everything to go back to the way they were, even to lose her as a slave would be a choice he would give to have her memories come back to end the dreadful loss between the two.

Alana decided to just go up, pulling herself up the same way as he did proved to be a little difficult because she still wasn't up to par strength wise. Once she was up she felt the soft breeze and shivered a little, "Hello," she said softly.

Nathan stayed silent and didn't look at her. He kept his gaze at the moon. He sighed and finally said something.

Nathan- I remember one time after one of our sprawls...I hurt you too much and I nursed you back to health so you wouldn't die on me...I kept you above my house in this very spot and I never left you once until you opened your eyes.

Alana thought about what he said, "So it wasn't this one time thing when we met, we've known each other for a while?" she asked frowning slightly wishing she could remember. "Why did you nurse me back to health? If we kept fighting all the time?" she asked.

Nathan- At first...I was just a rampant demon causing havoc in town...but you came and we did battle and I lost...epicly...you were gracious enough to let me go free and I left...then I just kept coming back and kept losing and you always let me go free...I kept coming back to deal with you and kill you...but it eventually became a hobby of mine that we would do daily brawls and over time...we somewhat felt a connection of friendly rivals...I couldn't let you die.

Alana let out a slow nod, "Nathan, who was I before the comma, things just aren't making sense to me right now. You would think that I would remember something, fighting even but I haven't gotten into a fight with anyone after the accident, and I haven't had the urge to fight either. With the accident no one knows the clear reason to what had happend to me, just that they found me and couldn't come up with a reason why I had one year of my life completely taken away from me." she said with a sad expression.

Nathan- You were...a strong girl...willed and physically...you had a strong sense of justice which is what made you different from the rest...your courage to take me on was astonishingly high...I doubted a human like you had ever existed...I'm glad I could have called you my rival...but things changed after...well....

He touched the scar on his eye.

Alana nodded looking him over, 'I'm nothing like that now, I'm weak and pathetic,' she htought iwth a frown. Following the moment of his hand she looked at his eye for a moment before glancing away, "How... how did I do that to you?" she asked.

Nathan- I...I went overboard...I...I killed...

He looked away.

Nathan- I killed your mother...You got angry...and attacked me...and even so...you still left me the shame of marking me with the essence that I have been scathed by a human...the lowliest humiliation in the demon world....you humiliated me even more by not killing me...

Alana's heart stopped for a moment when he told her he, he had killed her mother. "You, you killed my mother?" she asked her voice raised. "It was you who did that to her?" she asked her voice cracking. Looking at his eye she couldn't believe it, "Well you certainly did deserve what you got," she said a tear streaming down her face.

Nathan sighed and looked away.

Nathan- It was...an accident...you never believed me when I told you the story....you yelled at me saying I was lying...and then you struck me....then another fight happened...though this one real....I didn't fight back...I didn't want to kill you...but you had the intention of killing me in my stead...

Alana felt some Anger spark inside of her, "How exactly did you 'accidently' kill my mother?" she asked her voice full of fire. "I really want to hear this," she said biting her lip trying to calm down.

Nathan laughed a bit but it felt emotionless.

Nathan- The same look...the same tone of voice...

He sighed.

Nathan- Alright...your mother knew what was happening between us...we were becoming more than just friendly rivals...and I admit to that......she...she came to me in hopes of running me off...I did not know that she had concealed a knife from my view and I was not reading her mind...I trusted her as much as I trusted you back then, there was no reason to...she asked me to leave once and for all and I refused, I wanted to stay with you...your mother spouted harsh words at me and drew the knife upon me. She tried to stab me but...I grabbed her arm to stop her attack and her betrayal triggered my Devil Form...I became uncontrollable and I killed your mother as she tried to kill me.....just for you...

Alana took in his story for and stood silently for a moment not sure what to think, she had no way of even telling if it was remotely true or not because she couldn't remember. "Damn it!" she growled running a hand through her hair. "So you're saying that we were falling in love, and my mother didn't approve and she tried to harm you, and you lost control?" she asked with a sigh and she couldn't even express her opinon. Looking at him she bit her lip imagining to the two of them, "I... I'm going back inside," she said quickly.

Nathan- I understand....If a demon was allowed to...I'd pray and cry for your mother every night...Even after what you had done for me...I did not mean to kill her, I truly did not mean to...

He moved away from her and looked at the moon again.

Alana made her way back inside quite shaken, 'What in the world?' she thought with a frown as she walked around the house not sure where to go. Finally she made her way back to what had seemed to be his room sitting down on the bed she ran a hand through her hair. "Who am I?" she thought outloud.

Nathan sighed and stood up. Saying one more prayer to the girl's mother, he made his way back into the house and went to his room. He saw Alana but said nothing to her.

Nathan- You can sleep on the bed...I think you need some time away from me, I'll be downstairs on the living room couch.

Back
Top Bottom