Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Red Light Invasion: Duke Nukem Tribute Thread (looking for warriors and whores)

Duke Nukem 3D is a first-person shooter computer game developed by 3D Realms and published by Apogee Software. Released on January 29, 1996 it features the adventures of Duke Nukem, a character that had previously appeared in previous games. It was a good game that combined sex and violence and I had a lot of fun and so did a lot of other people.

What are you? Some bottom-feeding, scum sucking algae eater?

Synopsis: Your in an a city filled with sex workers and tough guys. The aliens invade and you have to survive. Band together share ammo and hook up. Live like there is no tomorrow, because damn it don't look good.

Damn, you're ugly.

So, since I don't copy things exactly from this other guy, but I think he had a good idea and some people might like playing this here.

You find yourself a resident or visitor to the "strip" which is one of the five islands that make up "The City". While the rest of the city has improved over the last 25 years not much has changed in this area. About half the population works on the docks or in one of the two industrial sites (meat packing plant and a firearms manufacture) the rest work in the entertainment field which is made up of bars, massage parlors, and strip clubs.

Girls openly walk the strut and there are regular street fights for cash. Two motorcycle clubs keep the animals in line while the cops in the local precinct do what they can to keep things under control. Fire fighters find themselves regularly putting out arson blazes and drug labs.

Looks like it's time for me to go POSTAL!

A young guy with some muscle can find plenty of work on the docks or at the two companies, but it is usually only part time. There are a bunch of boxing gyms to workout in and even a few martial arts studios. Weapons and steroids are easy to come by, and there is a liquor store on every block and almost as many gun shops. Other professions that are popular include bouncer and enforcer with many doing both. Things are tough and many join the military and train at the base at the end of the island or wait for city jobs to open up.

For young women there are few options outside of getting married after high school you can waitress or bar tend, but the money isn't as good as when you dance. Being a stripper isn't two flattering to some, but you make a lot more than you ever do at one of the industrial jobs. If you've got the brains and the guts working at the hospital on the strip as a nurse or EMT might be for you, and you'll get plenty of practice. The massage parlors are dominated by foreign immigrants to the area, but there are plenty of independents and girls walking the street.

The main drag is a mixture of strip clubs, liquor stores, bars, and fast food restaurants. As you drive off the main drag the scene doesn't change much, but there are more apartment buildings. It isn't uncommon to see an apartment building sandwiched between an adult book store and a guns and knives shop.

The area is rough....but on Friday at Midnight things are going to get a hell of a lot worse. The streets will be filled with monsters and the bring and the tunnel will be taken out and you're at the end of the list to get help. I think Friday morning is a good starting point. New reports will begin following in with reports of monsters (http://members.tripod.com/WallyWaffles/DukeSprites4.htm).

Duke, if you think you're a badass, come face us in the final missions. Or else, earth with fall and you will die a coward. The choice is yours.

Character Bio:

Name:
Age: (follow the site rules is my only restriction, but as you add skills add years.)
Nationality:
Race:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Family Background:
Current Occupation:

Skills: (think what skills you had around the time you finished High School or some other type of formal education...List 12 separate skills and you can specialize)

Career Skills: (Jobs you have done in the past prior to your current career. You can list up to four different jobs. I read your description and give more skills and stuff)

Family Background ( I read and decide if you get additional items, contacts, assets, and more skills)

Hobbies: ( 4 or 5 things you do strictly for the fun and the pleasure of it..they can mean more skills and items)

Some Random Thoughts

Coworkers who never talk hook up as they fight there way out of an infested building...body builder ex-military janitor and hot secretary fighting back to back.

Strippers and patrons must fight there way out to the parking lot to escape....Mud wrestling chicks fighting along side bikers, truckers and factory workers.

Pastor's son and the slut from down the block do what they can to survive.

New cop on the beat loses her partner and finds the local gun dealer a willing ally.

There are a lot of possibilities and I know there are some creative people on this forum. Please don't let my ideas about men and women on the strip limit your ideas, so please ask questions, post characters and let me know what you think so we can get started...

Thanks for taking the time to give this a read. (I have no copy write rights to Duke, but I would follow him and the Marines into hell.)

Weapons & Stuff
Handgun
Shotgun
RPG Launcher
Pipebombs

These are all classic Duke weapons, but this is just the short list. There will many more weapons including alien ones you can pickup along the way.

Portible Medkit
Steroids
Smokebomb
Night Vision Goggles
Scuba Gear
Protective Boots
Key Cards
Police Armor
Leather Armor

Hopefully' this is still going. Fantasitic idea. Hail to the King Baby!

Name: Brick "Hammer" Spencer
Nationality: American
Race: Irish and Swedish
Physical Description: Black eyes, short red hair (don't call him a strawberry blonde), robustly built at 6'4 and 260. Wears size 14 workboots. Has a scar on his chin and on his right cheekbone. On his right shoulder is a Tattoo of the years he took the stat championships in wrestling, his Units in the USMC, DHS, and an industrial maul. His forearms are tattooed with tools on his right arm and heavy weapons on the left. his right hand has tattooed "high" and below it "to" while his left has "way" and below that "hell". Off work he wears wranglers and 5.11 workpants, a magpull tactbelt, divewatch, blue tee, and a leather jacket. He is often seen with nice cigars and wears work boots wherever he goes.
Personality: A larger than life man with a confident personality. Not afraid of death by anymeans, he'll challenge it, but knows that living great is better than forever. He enjoys working with his hands, be it fixing or breaking something or somebody. He likes his women like he likes his food; hot, clean, and served with a brew.
Family Background: The second oldest of 4. Most of his family are navy men or women. He joined the Corps, became a CB, then tried his hand in the Department of Homeland Security. Not satisfied with the work, he decided to get back to working with his hands. He repairs the machinery on the main line at the firearms factory. Occassionally he helps test the new small arms. His brothers and sister are still carreer in the Navy. His Parents live on the east coast.
Current Occupation: Machine Maintaince Foreman

Skills:
Welding
Machining
Forging
Fitness
Wrestling
Nutrition
1st aid
Driving
Mechanics
Climbing
Swiming
Drinking

Career Skills:
Athlete (Wrestler/prizefighter)
Marine (Infantry-Recon-Construction Battalion)
DHS (Field Agent-Gunsmith)
Machine Maintainence Foreman

Family Background ( I read and decide if you get additional items, contacts, assets, and more skills)

Hobbies:
Brewing (Meads-Ale-Stouts-Porters)
Restoring Dodge Muscle Cars
Building the world's most advanced potatto cannon.
Prizefighting on a seasonal basis.

Yeah...It'd be kinda fun to play some over the top action characters.

Back
Top Bottom