Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Best Friend the Werewolf (moonlightxKylen)

Kylen

Super-Earth
His breath was ragged, his emerald eyes clouded slightly as he ran through the alley ways. Alex was happy his best friend couldn't see him at the moment, his body not himself. His size was at least double what it normally was, covered in brown hair, his head with his proper black colored hair. Climbing a wall, he launched himself across to a roof top, looking about the city they lived in. He knew he could never tell her that he loved her, not while he had this curse.

RE: Best Friend the Werewolf (MidnightxKylen)

Luna was a lot closer then he thought, though. She was walking home from the park, taking back roads and ally ways to get home quicker. What the girl didn't know was that she was was being followed. The girl would have at least heard them coming if it hadn't been for the purple ear buds that were stuck in her ears. Out of them was coming loud rock music that made it almost impossible for her to hear anything. Another thing she didn't realize was that the ally dead ended.

Luna had long black hair that was curly but the most striking thing about her were her beautiful purple eyes that reminded one of the night sky on a night just like tonight: a cloudy full moon night. Tonight she wore a pair of dark wash jeans and a black top with a dragon on it. Around her neck was a silver chain from which hung a silver wolf paw. It had been a birthday present from her best friend. Her ears were pierced once and in them were a pair of silver hoops. Once near the end of the ally she saw it was a dead end and went to turn around, only to be grabbed by one of the men before she could. He even put one hand over her mouth so she couldn't scream.

Jumping over an alley, he thought he noticed someone being dragged. Unsure if it was of a good reason or not, the werewolf crawled down the wall a little, landing on a fire escape quietly, watching the scene. Squinting a little, he noticed Luna, growling as he saw her mouth covered, seeing her struggle. Climbing down at high speed, he decided to sneak up on her and her attacker, his mind doing it's best to hold back a low, rough growl. He's attacking her! I'm going to tear him a new one, if not scare him away at least..I don't want to seem a murderous beast...I hope she doesn't notice it's me. he thought, getting around behind them.

The moment the man did anything threatening to her, he would growl lowly, a warning growl, eyes glinting softly in the darkness.

Luna continued to struggle against the man that was holding onto her, soon finding that the man was much too stronger for her to even dream of fighting off on her own. The strong man soon picked her up, obviously going to use his strength to his advantage and just carry her out of the ally. But, his plans changed when he saw the huge werewolf standing in his way. When he saw the monster in front of him he froze, unable to move. When Luna saw the werewolf in front of them she even tensed up, not knowing it was her best friend just yet.

Alex pulled back to his full height off his hands, roaring loudly. "LET HER GO." He commanded, just short of yelling. His body rippled with muscle, barely restrained from ripping the man's head off. "If you don't, you're night will become very unpleasant." he growled, taking a step towards them. She would clearly see his black hair and emerald eyes, both familiar to her, especially his eyes, which always seemed a little wolf like to her.

The man stood frozen for a minute as he listened to the beast coming closer to him roar at him. Once Alex stepped from the shadows and saw just how big Alex was in this form he didn't hesitate putting her down gently. Luna backed away from the two, her eyes focused on Alex's eyes. Knowing who he was just by looking into them. As she kept her eyes on her best friend she backed away, unsure if the two were going to fight or not. Once getting out of harms ways her knees did seem to give out and she fell to the floor. As that happened she saw concern flash in her best friends eyes and knew his focus was her rather than the man that had just tried to kidnap her. Scared, the man quickly ran past him and from the ally.

He didn't go after him, letting him run away. "Are you okay?" he asks, not yet realizing that she had recognized him. He was known for being fairly strong, having been a martial artist, but this form just made him RIPPED, and at least twice as big. He moved with a very slow movement, trying not to scare her. "He didn't have a chance to do anything, did he?" he asked as well, lowering himself to all fours.

She watched as the man that had just tried to kidnap her ran from the ally and wasn't surprised when Alex didn't bother to chase after him. After all, Luna didn't appear to be harmed so what would the purpose of killing the man be? She was just a little shaken up was all. When the man was out of sight she focused back on Alex, watching him as he slowly approached her. "I'm fine, Alex and no he didn't have a chance to do much of anything to me. Thanks to you." Luna replied, watching as he lowered himself onto all fours. When he did so he was low enough so that she could look into his eyes and she did just that as she reached up slowly to stroke his fur. "I'm just a little tired is all."

He growled a little as she stroked his fur, but it was a happy kind of growl, the kind pleased dog gives as he pushes against her. "I..I really was hoping you wouldn't see me like this..." he said, looking away. "I feel like a freak at the moment..." he continued, but didn't move away from her, finding some comfort in her touch. "Y..you aren't afraid of me..are you? I..I didn't want to scare you away as well." he murmured, seeming to resist the want to push into her hand like a dog. "I..I bet you wanna disown me as your best friend now..if not for being a freak then hiding this.."

Luna continued to stroke his fur as he growled happily and pushed against her. "Well, sometimes things don't go as planned." She said and when Alex looked away from her Luna stopped petting him briefly to use both her hands, making him look at her again. Then she went back to petting him. "You aren't a freak." Luna corrected him before pausing a moment. "No, I'm not scared of you." Sure, Luna knew she should have been, but she wasn't. Truth be told, she was shocked to say the least that she was this relaxed and felt this safe around him. But, the way she saw it no matter what he was, Alex was still her best friend. "And I don't was to disown you. You did what you had to because you thought seeing you like this would scare me away." It was after she was finally done speaking that she stopped petting him and leaned down, resting her head against his and wrapping her arms around his neck before letting out a yawn. Clearly she was tired.

Smiling softly, he got a little lower. "Climb on..I'll get you home." He said, seeming fairly calm and happy, just to have her by. Maybe she wasn't afraid because he was more like a large puppy then a death machine, maybe it's because she instictively knew that it was him inside. The moment she got on, and he was sure she was secure, he started away, running and leaping over the buildings and the gaps to her house, soon reaching it through the back yard. "I..I should probably leave you here...and we can talk in the morning." he said, blushing softly.

While he had been traveling by roof top to get her home Luna had been looking around while keeping her arms wrapped around his neck. When they finally got to her back yard, though she climbed off of him, only able to stay standing on her own because she was holding onto him. "But I want you to stay here tonight, I feel safe with you." She said with a smile before leaning down to kiss him on his wet canine nose. "Besides, I read once that were wolves can change into a full wolf mode even during a full moon."

Nodding softly, he helped her in, shifting down to his wolf form. "I feel kinda embarrased.." he whispered as they got inside and started up to her room slowly. His movement was quiet, hoping not to wake up her parents. "And if I'm gone in the morning...I'm sorry" he said, blushing just bright enough to be seen under the fur. "I..uh..might have run straight for home before people wake up....I kinda don't change back and automatically have clothes." he said. Though, he thought, he probably would be able to figure something out. "But...I'll stay the night with you."

it took a few minutes longer not only because of them trying to be quiet so they didn't wake her parents but also because she was basically using him as her crutch to walk, but they did finally make it up to her room. Now that she could respond to him without worrying that she would wake her parents up she did just that, but didn't bother asking why he felt embarrassed. Luna figured it was because they were had to sneak up to her room so they didn't awake her parents. "Its okay if you're gone in the morning, I understand." She said with a weak smile as she sat on her bed. Before long she was laid down and under the covers. "Do you want to sleep up here with me?" She asked him.

Pausing a little, he nods softly, clambering up into her bed in his wolf form, snuggling up against her. His eyes watched her softly, his body soft, warm, and fairly protective feeling. He gave her a soft whine, unable to help himself as he gave her a lick on the cheek. "I'm glad that you didn't run...and you're okay with this." he said, nuzzling close against her protectively.

(Gah..I'm really sorry for all these short messages. I'll try to beef them up when we hit morning)

(It's fine.)

Luna smiled when he climbed up into her bed and laid next to her, snuggling up against her. She had become cold from sitting on the cold concrete floor of the ally and with his soft, thick fur he was warming her up and with him being so close to her it made her feel safe, too. At first when he began to whine she thought something was wrong and that he was trying to tell her something, but when she felt him lick her she knew everything was fine. Luna smiled, knowing that right now licking and nuzzling her were about the only ways he could show affection to her in this form and knew that, had he be able to turn human right now he probably would have been kissing her and had his arms wrapped around her, or at least she hoped that's what he would have been doing had he been able to turn back into his human form. Luna had no clue that her best friend was in love with her and as far as she knew he had no idea about the feelings she had for him. "Alex, I don't care what you are. You will always be my best friend." She said and when he nuzzled close against her in his protective manner she began to pet him. Luna also began to finally let herself relax, knowing that if anyone tried to come after her now that Alex would protect her.

As soon as she was asleep, Alex would stay just a little longer, not wanting to wake her up, slowly sneaking out of her bed. "I..I love you." he'd murmur near her ear, not sure if she could hear him or not before going downstairs. Finally getting out, he would dash home, knowing he would need to get dressed soon, and grab some real sleep.

Come morning, Luna might be awoken with a knock at the front door. A calm one, but a knock none the less. Alex would be standing outside, in proper clothing now, smiling softly.

She did hear him when he spoke to her. "I love you too." Luna mumbled as a reply, not knowing he was already out the front door and on his way home. Despite him leaving, she slept peacefully through the night, a small smile on her face which made it clear that that dreams that filled her head were happy dreams and not scary nightmares. Currently, the dream she was having involved her and Alex. She was trying to tell him about her feelings. The rest of night her dreams changed, but they always involved her and Alex.

Being let in by her father, seeing as it was morning now, he came up and gently rapped on her door. "Luna, you awake yet?" he asked softly, opening the door, hoping not to find her indecent...though he wouldn't mind. "Was hoping to t...talk about last night." he said, sliding in if allowed. If she continued to sleep, he'd chuckle softly and lean over her, giving her a very, very soft peck on the cheek, as if trying to sneak it in there. "Come on sleeping beauty."

When he knocked there was no answer from her and when he opened the door she was still fast asleep in her bed, in almost the same exact position he had left her in when he had left last night. There was still the same smile on her face there had been when he had left her last night, which some could say made her look like some kind of angel. It was odd for her to sleep this late, Luna was usually up by ten, but last night had been a big night for her last night. First she almost gets kidnapped, then saved by a werewolf and finally she finds out the werewolf is her best friend.

Alex smiled, closing the door and coming back over, climbing in and snuggling up to her, gently stroking her hair. He thought back to last night, and all the craziness that happened. Now that she knew, he would be able to better protect her if she needed it, and it was a great relief on him to finally have someone else to talk to about it, who wasn't scared by the fact he became what he did. He snuck in a few more cheek kisses as she slept, unable to resist himself with how beautiful she was, at least in his eyes.

It was about ten minutes after he climbed into bed with her that Luna finally started to wake up. "Hey." She said, looking at him with a sleepy smile. "How long have you been laying there, watching me sleep?" Luna asked, continuing to lay there beside him. Since finding out what Alex was last night she somehow felt safer because she knew he would protect her whenever she was in danger.

"Mmm...ten minutes or so." he said, smiling softly. "You know...I have something to confess...beyond what happened last night." he said, blushing softly, sitting up slowly. "I..uh..er.." he started, fumbling with his words, his raven hair blocking his eyes slightly, his hands gripping each other as he struggled to get what he wanted to say out. "I...I have found that I...I really like you a..and that..er.." he continued, looking around nervously.

Luna listened to him and as she did she noticed that there was a soft blush on his cheeks. After watching him sit up she did the same and looked at him, wanting him to know what he had her full attention. When he said he liked her she could feel herself blushing. Could he really feel the same way I do? She thought to herself. Luna wanted to make him feel comfortable with telling her, though so she moved her hands to his and gently pulled them apart and gently moved his raven hair out of his eyes before placing her hands in his. Then she looked up into his eyes. "Try it again." She said, hoping it was easier for him now.

Alex gulped softly, blushing a little harder as she moved the hair out of his yes, which looked right to her. They never looked down on her, always as if she was an equal, even now. "I..er..I love you, Luna." he blurted out, tired of stumbling with words. "I..I care about you deeply..and..and I always want to be with you. I..I guess I was mostly worried about how you'd feel with me having that...werewolf problem." he said, still blushing heavily.

Back
Top Bottom