Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Pirate's Life for Thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakodaVega

Supporter
Supporter
The winds changed as a ship sailed into the harbor. The lanterns reflecting off the enchained angel figurehead as a tall shadowed silhouette made it's way down a gang plank to the pier. From all glances the Captain of The Outlaw Seraphim seemed thin but the eyes that made it's way towards the portman were filled with strength and knowledge that hovered beneath the surface. Her boots made thuds as she made her way to the man.

"Three shillings, aye, to port here?" came the rough edged feminine voice.

"Aye, Cap'n. Three shillings," he replied as she gave him the three coins from her sleeve. "Welcome to Tortuga."

A sly smirk drifted over her features, "Hopefully not to stay long this time."

As she passed him, her eyes glittered upon the pirate port known as Tortuga. Gunshots flared in some spots, whores were waiting for customers in the streets, drunken pirates made their way stumbling into various areas. Those especially were not fit to be crew members of her ship. Making her way towards The Three Horsemen, a popular pub where she took some refuge and often found decent recruits, a drunken male reached for her as she made her way inside.

"How'd ye like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?" said the obviously intoxicated sailor as he reached to grab her.

Without a moment's warning she placed her gun right inbetween his eyes.

"Ye'd be advised to take yer rudder and blow down the timber's of some other lass," she pulled the trigger. "Unless ye would prefer t' see Davey Jones."

The pirate's eyes widened and scrambled backwards away from her into a few whores that seemed to be pleased by the business. Uncocking her gun, she put it away under her coat as she made her way inside the bustling bar. Going to a woman who was serving the drinks she took a bottle of rum, paid for it well, and went to a quieter table out of the way to watch those around her before approaching anyone that she would deem fit enough to join her crew.

Soon enough, even if she didn't like it, another bar wench came up, leaning on her table, showing off some cleavage, even if her clothing did it for her. "Hey there, deary." she said, eyes glinting in the light. "Been a long time since I've seen YOU come into port here." she said, taking a seat, even if she was told not to. "Missed having your classy self around, Miss Captain." she said teasingly, long hair bouncing behind her a little, her shapely form rocking back and forth a little. "All these other sailors are so crass..."

Not too far behind the Pirate Captain was one of her most prized pieces of company; a thinly tall elven male slugged his way down the dock, at least twenty paces behind her broad figure. His eyes, unlike most male's his age, were scouting the area, rather than the view he was more than in the right position to see. Hands stuffed deeply into his pockets, he went out of his way to avoid walking too close to a drunken fisherman, his nose almost snobbishly lifting as he did so.

Avarein nudged the swinging door to the Tavern open with the toe of his right boot, refusing to touch the dirty surface with his bare fingers. The smell of alcohol and tobacco was thick in the social area's oxygen, instantly clinging onto everything Avarein had on his person- including the inside of his mouth.

With a scowl, he glanced around the Tavern for a moment before locating Karita. Ignoring a small plea from a bar wench, Avarein made his way towards the table she had secured herself at with a bottle of rum. He barely took notice to the other bar wench who was now seated at her table and chose to stand against the wall beside her table, rather than become a social butterfly. Keeping his hands stuffed into his pockets, he tilted his chin down a little, eyes narrowing lazily as he tried to find the strength to lift a hand and pull his white locks of hair over his pointed ears. Pirates didn't take well to mixed races boarding their ships, these days.

"Ye should know better," she said softly as she glanced at the woman, her eyes remaining level with her face versus her tits. "It be Tortuga, no man is goin' t' be respectable t' ye 'ere." She reached across the table a moment and grabbed her chin. "'Ow 'bout doin' me a favor an' givin; me rum. Proper mind, an' I might b' willin' t' pay ye well tonight - and no' t' suck some cock until they be through with ye."

She slid back away from the woman. Not like Karita was going to hurt her, she was here on business only. It was hard to find some recruits in Tortuga though normally simply because of the affliction of the old wive's tales that some of the wiser sailor's knew of women aboard a boat. Let alone a Captain of a ship.

Her gaze moved to the tall elf beside her. Her eyes were knowing even if she didn't always act on it. "We 'ave t', Avarein. We b' loosin too much men as o' late." she tilted her head to one side, "Ye can wait at th' Seraphim if ye want to." Came her soft voice, "I can take care o' myself."

An exasperated sigh left Avarien's lips. Rolling his head back on his neck, he pulled his right hand from his pocket to rub at the back of it. Slowly, his eyes glanced down towards Karita, eyes almost hooded with a sense of lazy undertone. "Then what are you paying me for, eh?" Crossing his arms over his chest, Avarien's eyes returned to scooping out what he could see of the tavern. "Even if you didn't hire me, I wouldn't miss most of these clowns getting themselves involved with the likes of you. Not for the world." A sadistic grin coiled over his face, his teeth baring a little, showing pointed fangs; a rare elven trait he had inherited from his father.

A girl very much out of place wearing a long cream colored, cotton dress scurries into the tavern, looking over her shoulder and hurriedly glancing around as if she is looking for someone. She carries a single piece of luggage and her long blonde locks are slightly disheveled. She is delicate, pale and very much the opposite of the dirty tavern, full of drunken sailors. She seems to be trying to blend in, pushing forward to the bar slowly, constantly looking over her shoulder.

She is startled as someone grabs her arm roughly and swings her around. She looks up at a rough man nearly 7 feet tall with long, knotted dreads, and big gold earrings. "Here ye be girl an' ye thought ye could get away wi' me dubloon coins. I will slit yer pretty neck from one side t' th' other if ye do nay hand them over." She drops the piece of luggage she is carrying, revealing a small knife and quickly moving it to the man's groin. "Listen you son of a bitch, you told me you would take me back across the ocean and you didn't, that means I get my money back so I took it and I will be glad to take your manhood as well as a prize for my troubles."

He takes a step back, letting go of her tiny arm. "This be nay o'er girl I will find ye an' when I do i will make ye keel haul th' plank." She bends down and picks up her luggage, pushing back toward the bar. She needs a stout drink to calm her shaking hands.

The bargirl nodded, smiling. "Good to see you back here though." She said softly, moving to the bar while some of the others talk and murmur about the captain and the wench. Soon coming back over, she put down the drink for her, along with the bottle. "The mug's from me, the bartend included the bottle. Thanks for not being like every other bloody pirate here." she said, taking a seat. "So, any recent tales, or was your last voyage out from here boring?" she asked, sounding quite sincere. She probably was, seeing as she wasn't getting paid for anything at the moment. "Or did most of your crew just leave?"

Valentine stepped into the pup known as 'The Three Horsemen', having just been dumped onto port - eyes set on finding something new and interesting that would keep his attention. He was an interesting looking man - dressed in a fine silk ruffled shirt and tight blackened leather pants. Around his belt were a number of pouches, a few scrolls of some sort, and a small hour glass. His steel toed boots touched the ground with a thud each time he walked - his immense weight causing the floor to creak beneath him as he moved from place to place. Valentine was a behemoth of a man - standing at roughly eight foot nine, and approximately weighing five hundred and some odd pounds of pure muscle, bone, and sinew. His skin was the colored of polished bronze, and his long curly black hair fell down past his waist. His eyes were like seas of emerald - one of the many strikingly beautiful features of his face, along with the very pronounced, angular features. He was a combination of both beauty and the beast, and as his hand rest on the jade hour glass at his side, one could tell that his beast was on the hunt... Though what for, one couldn't tell right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom