Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Oh, The Wonders of Bathrooms

Juniper

Planetoid
Zell groaned, having to pee so bad, she was almost sure her bladder would explode right then and there. Her mind was fuzzing, and she heard a loud snap and the door opened, two people tossed out, kissing like the world were to end in two seconds. Zell groaned again, lifting her feet up and slipping past, shutting the door haphazardly, yanking her pants down and sitting. She used that half a minute to look around the room, relieving herself of the seven cans of bear she had drank. Her eyes wandered around. It was a nice bathroom, big and roomy, painted a pitiful yellow that was trimmed with brown. She finished up, and flushed the toilet, pulling her pants up to her waist and belting the loops. Her hands fell into the sink, and it took minutes for her to realize why the water wasn't coming out. She washed up and fell to the floor, crawling back into a corner of the bathroom. Mmm, she didn't think she could leave, drunk as she was. Yeah, Zell though, I'm gonna stay right here...

Of course, wasted as she was, she had left the door unlocked.

(So, usually, I won't write that much. I always write a lot first, but then can only muster five or so sentences in the other posts. Granted, they're detailed and roomy, but still.)

This was supposed to be the party of the season, and naturally, anybody who was anybody had shown up. Flyers had been passed out discreetly at school, letting people know about an unchaperoned house party that would mark the end of the semester, promising to end the school year with a bang. Naturally, Anna had been one of the first to hear about the party and had spent the week planning for the Friday ahead. Clothes, makeup, a suitable jock date to escot her - it had all been taken care of. She had arrived fashionably late, her randomly picked date on her arm, dressed to the nines in a slinky minidress, her dark hair shining and falling in heavy waves down over her shoulders; Anna was one of those girls who seemed to wake up looking camera-ready, but in truth it had taken ours to get every lock of hair to fall just right, and her makeup tastefully done.

The party was huge, and there were divisions of cliques that were quite visible to someone from their school. Anna had spotted Zell, one of her main rivals, the moment she had come in. This girl was her opposite in every way in terms of attitude, style, and social status; she was popular amongst her friends, but she travelled in different circles so they didn't interact much. Dressed in jeans, all smiles, and looking pretty inebriated, Anna couldn't help but roll her eyes before joining her friends across the room. The music blared, the alcohol flowed freely, and before too long Anna was looking much the same as Zell had when she had first come in. Her date was just some guy from the football team, someone with amazing looks but no personality to speak of, and she was having a hard time feigning interest in him now that she was feeling a bit more relaxed and drunk. His hands were everywhere, and it was getting annoying. Excusing herself rather suddenly, Anna slipped out of the livingroom and carefully ascended the staircase, her heels and blood-alcohol level making it a little difficult. There were people making out in the hallway, and she had to step carefully around them until she found the bathroom door. With a sigh, she quickly pushed the door open and slipped inside, shutting the door behind her. "Ugggh..." She sighed, not noticing Zell curcled up in the corner just yet. She ran her fingers down over her short skirt, smoothing the material down over her thighs and tilted her head back, eyes closed. She didn't actually have to pee, just wanted some space and a chance to clear her head.

The door opened, and Zell was threaded awake. All trace of her nap had been whisked away when her one and only enemy had clattered through the door in her six inch heels and short-short minidress. She looks like a disco ball...Zell thought groggily, her eyes darting to the toilet, her bladder adding up once more. Just looking at this girl (who thought she was a woman) made her want to puke. They were, in every way possible, opposites. Anna was popular with everyone, for who knows what, and was a total bitch. Her makeup was perfect, her hair was perfect, her clothes were perfect. It was disgusting. Her face looked like cake...just a bit more tasteful. Anna dated someone new every day, it seemed, and tonight she had brought some low-life jock who could barely pronunciate with her to the party. She looked at the girl, her eyes lidded with sleep, a stench of sweat and slight alcohol on her.

Zell hadn't drank too much, but she was a lightweight when it came to wine. Sure, she hated the stuff, but her friends had practically pushed it down her throat. She could have been perfectly fine, not drunk in the slightest, if she had just downed five or so beers. It was wine that made her want to puke her internal organs out. Her head was pounding ad she could hear music pounding louder than so from down the hall. 'OMG' she guessed was the song. Really, did teenagers have no taste in music? Pop, rap, and that crap in between had been coming from the stereos all night. At least they had played 'Mr. Brightside' earlier in the night. That song never got old in Zell's terms. She sighed, pushing into the corner and looking up at Anna again. Her hands were trailing down her skirt, and she was dabbing at her face, breathing contentedly. Carefully but surely, Zell stood up happily, a new pep in her step. She felt fine, now, the alcohol had left her system in only an hour or so.

"So..." Zell said, hands pushed up against he counter. "I didn't know that people as perfect as you even had to take a breather. Guess I was wrong, eh?" She asked, tilting her head, her eyes slitted only a fraction. "If you couldn't tell, this room was a tad bit occupied. For all you know I could have been masturbating when you walked in, or peeing, god forbid." And she rolled her eyes.

Anna nearly toppled over backwards on those designer, six inch heels when Zell suddenly popped up from the shadowy place beside the counter and behind the door. Alcohol had slowed her reaction time a bit, and for a moment all she could do was blink wide eyes at the unexpected company before just who and what was locked in here with her. It was Zell, that freakazoid girl that Anna loathed so much. She had no idea why Zell was so popular, her fashion sense was lacking, her manners were off, and she came from a middleclass family - all crimes in the big book of popularity - but for some reason, people liked her.

"Ugh, it's you." Anna breathed, regaining her balance by gripping the edge of the sink, a bit of colour rising in her cheeks. This was awkward and embarrassing, but she wasn't about to apologize to the likes of Zell. She rolled her eyes at the comment of her own undeniable perfection and leaned back in to scrutinize her flushed face in the mirror, very pointedly going back to checking her makeup as if she had not been interrupted in the first place. "I didn't know they invited just anybody to this party," she quipped in a falsely sweet voice, "And everyone else is either downstairs or fooling around in one of the bedrooms, it only made sense the bathroom would be empty." Of course, this was a lie. Anna had seen Zell earlier, though she had lost track of her during the course of the evening.

Reaching into the tiny clutch purse she had been carrying, Anna plucked out a tube of lip gloss and unscrewed the cap; she had been going for an annoyingly slow maneouvre, but Zell's comment about masturbation had caught her off guard and as she fumbled in shock both the lid and container clattered to the floor. She cast a look of disgust in her direction, but happened to notice the top button of the other girl's jeans had been left undone. Zell had come in here to pee and had been drunk as hell at the time, it really was no big deal, but she had planted a smutty seed of curious doubt in Anna's mind, distracting her and wiping the look of disgust clean off her pretty face. What if that is what she had walked in on? Naturally, at a party like this it was not unusual to see people engaging in all kinds of sexual misconduct, but Anna had never even considered that. "I... Ummm..." The light blush she had been wearing before was now burning brightly as she stumbled for words, her eyes skipping back and forth between the loose button on her jeans and her lip gloss on the floor. Drunk, with both her inhibitions and defenses low, she couldn't seem to get the thought of it out of her mind. She groaned as a few blurry mental images cropped up, and closed her eyes.

Zell let out a low laugh. "What?" And reached her hands down gently to button her jeans, mimicking the girl before her and smoothing them over a few times. Zell sqauted down quickly, plucked the gloss and cap off the shimmering floor and shook it over, her hand crooked in a means of peace, offering the liquid over to its owner. Anna's face was screwed up in shock right now, no doubt about masturbation. "Well, dolphins find pleasure in it, and as do we, sex isn't that weird." She said, a full laugh coming out now. Leaning over gently, Zell gripped the side of the counter, pushing away a few things--soap, hand towel, used condoms, hair brushes, beauty products, half eaten tofu burger--and pulled herself up, crossing her left leg over the other and looking at the other girl. It was a comfortable position, sitting that way, and Anna was still drunk and shell-shocked.

"And you know, they do just invite anyone over to this party. It's the biggest one of the year, even Drake was invited!" She sighed with a swish of her hand, closing her eyes as if it were obvious. Drake...Drake was the most nerdy, unliked guy who hit on every woman, girl it seemed, and wore thongs--that was found out on the first day of school. He was the computer programmer of the school; you'd think people would like you if you could fix their iPods, cell phones, computer, or other for free, but no...everyone hated him. Especially tonight, he was being a perv and touching everybody, everywhere. Zell sighed as Anna just stared in a stupor.

Zell sighed, pushing herself off down the counter. "Hmm..." And turned the faucet beside her on, tapping Anna away. With a flourish the water threaded out the metal pipe, droplets landing in her hands. Zell rose her eyes and splashed the liquid up into her face, refreshing herself. As she did so, a new song came on--'Just Dance', she supposed--and Zell felt the need to puke. "Oh god, this music," She groaned, slipping back down into her corner.

Seeing that Zell had caught on to what had shocked the usually chatty girl into silence, Anna quickly looked away as the other girl buttoned her jeans up with a laugh. "I never said it was weird." She snapped back, sounding more embarrassed than anything else. As Zell dropped down into a crouch Anna glanced down at her, watching as the girl picked up both pieces of her lip gloss and then proceeded to offer it to her from where she was kneeling, mockingly presenting a sort of peace offering. Maybe it was the booze, or just the weirdness of the situation itself, but Anna suddenly felt very out of her element. Socializing, even with people who were not her friends, had always come easy to her, but the sight of Zell crouched and smiling wryly up at her had left her at a loss.

The comment about Drake, that disgusting AV dork that was constantly and badly trying to get into every girl's pants broke the ice, however, earning a small laugh from Anna. She stepped back, allowing the other girl to get infront of the sink and watched as Zell combed back her hair and splashed water on her face. With the usual wall of tension temporarily broken between them, Anna couldn't help but notice that the other girl was sort of... Pretty. Actually, very pretty. How had she not noticed before? She almost felt as if she should say something, but Zel's sudden reaction to the loud pop music interrupted her train of thought.

Clutching her lipgloss, Anna watched as Zell slid back down into the corner, obviously not feeling well. "Are you okay?" She asked, some genuine concern in her voice as she leaned down a bit, though keeping a safe distance in case Zell really did need to get sick. "Can I... Um... Get you anything?

"Yeah, why? Are you okay?" Zell asked, confusion clouding her features. "Oh! The music, it sucks. Ugh, it makes me want to puke. Hypothetically, of course." She added as an after thought, not wanting to make Anna feel any more uncomfortable. Oddly, this was the easiest conversation she had had all night; her friends were wither drunk out of their minds or trying to get a girlfriend or boyfriend: over half of her friends were guys. Zell rolled her eyes, looking into Anna's cautious, concerning ones.

"I'm fine, okay, come 'ere, site down." She murmured, slapping the spot beside her gently, the sound echoing off the oversized bathroom. Zell sighed, pulling a hair band off her now bare wrist and pushing her wavy brown hair into a messy bun. A few strands fell down over her temples and cheeks. "So, how're you enjoying yourself tonight, with the loud music and stumbling people and such?" She asked, banging her head against the side wall in exchange with the music. Her mind fell to a blank when the words fell from her own mouth. Personally she had come here to use the bathroom and get away from everything, but she was wondering brutally why she asked her mortal enemy this question.

Ah, right, boredom. And conversation. She thrived n conversation, and because Anna and Zell weren't at each others throats right now, it'd be nice just talk to her...maybe.

Anna breathed sigh of relief realizing that Zell's sudden collapse and show of discomfort was more for show than anything else, a testament to her feelings on the generic party mix that had been blasting on repeat for most of the night. She smiled thinking about it, surprisingly feeling much the same; she wasn't terribly picky when it came to music, but it seemed like the same songs played in the same order at every party she attended. "I know what you mean, it's just a excuse for the girls to dance like strippers and the guys to openly enjoy it." Smiling, Anna mused over the fact that she had told a joke, to Zell, at the expense of girl's much like herself. Before she could question herself, she carefully knelt down on the floor to take a seat beside Zell; it took her a minute to manouveur herself in the tiny skirt and dramatic heels, but managed to sit down somewhat clumsily.

"You know, to be honest," Anna began somewhat thoughtfully, while carefully kicking off her heels with a sigh of relief. "These parties aren't really my thing." She flashed a wry smile, watching as Zell pulled her hair out of her face with some interest. "My friends come, so I do. I always have."

"Really." Zell said, trying hard to mask her initial shock. "You always seem so at ease, a new man on your arm every night, a new designer dress on, a new <i>face</i> for that matter. Hell, you're always dancing along to the music like you own it." She let out a chuckle, looking up at the ceiling. "I dunno," She began after a few minutes of torturing silence. "I guess it's all for show, no? I've seen you at every big party this year, and you looked so...happy?" She finished clumsily, lifting her waist up to pull her shirt down a little to cover her thighs more, then deciding against it, crossed her legs like the preschooler she was somewhere inside.

With a sigh, she flicked her hands down, untying her laces, and throwing her shoes next to Anna's. "Why do you wear such clothes, then?" She asked, then added quickly. "I mean, why get so dressed up if you're not even going to enjoy yourself. Really, why not just dress more comfortable. Who needs heels? A lot of guys would rather have short girls."

It was sort of sad to hear Zell describe what Anna had already known she must have looked like. Yes, she had looked happy and she had always been part of the life force of every major party, but that had become habit more than anything. "It just comes with being popular." She said simply, shrugging her shoulders a bit. "I'm sure it was fun at first, but after a few years it just kind of got..." She paused, glancing towards Zell thoughtfully as she searched for the proper term, something to describe it, finally settling on "Old. It got old." Watching as Zell kicked off her shoes, Anna noticed just how close they were sitting and began to think about the conversation they were having; the fact that they were conversing at all was nearly unbelievable, but this candid conversation was something Anna had not imagined possible. She couldn't think of the last time she had had a conversation with anyone, even her "best" friends, that had not been about boys, or fashion, or the next Big event.

She glanced down at herself, her manicured fingers smoothing the tight material down over her waist with a wry smile. "I'm rich, you know. Being here, dressing like this... I dunno, I think even my parents expect it." The dress, the pumps, the fact that she was dressed in a manner that was far too mature for her age was all completely acceptable to every adult in her life. "I don't think I could find a single piece of clothing in my closet that isn't worth more than your car. Not even as a kid, you know?"

Zell let out a tight laugh. Every article of clothing worth more than her car. "I don't even have a car, you know. Never found a need for one." She said, looking over to the other girl. She waited for the shocked expression; all the kids in this neighborhood had a car--it was practically 'cool' law. If you had a car you were dubbed cool. Zell was one of the few who were dubbed so but had no car. This is becoming weird...Zell though looking down, fingering the wall. This conversation--about popularity, what's cool and such, things like that--was common ground for Zell and her friends. They had talked about these kinds of things for longer than she could remember. 'Cool nerds', she remembered being called. That's what jocks and cheerleaders and anybody in between--read: Anna--had 'clique'd' them as. There were nerds, then cool nerds. People liked them, weirdly so.

"You know, telling me you're rich won't do much. Everybody knows. You've thrown parties at your mansion. I've been to your house." She wondered how that would make Anna feel. Her worst enemy in her home? Zell wouldn't be too comfortable if Anna was at her house. Lucky her I had stuck to the bottom floor or outside, Zell thought. "It wasn't as white as I expected."

Back
Top Bottom