Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sinful snow in (glimmertwin)

Lady Nightshade

Super-Earth
Damn it! Why did it have to be now!

The windshield wipers scraped back and forth against her ford F150, but to no avail. Light faintly bounced across the snowy road as she fought the steering wheel. Keeping control of her truck as the icy covered road twisted and curved around. It had been about twenty minutes sense she had seen another passing car.

The winter storm was gaining strength and it didn't add to the young women's mood. The meet was over and Andrea had bolted. Especially after she had laid her soft green gaze on him. Yea, she did not have to leave. by all means the last day she could have pampered herself at the hotel. free by the company, but nooooo, she had to tuck her tail between her legs and run.

Run just like she had in the past. Not wanting to face the man and have everything that had been pent up come up. Anger, frustration and memories from doors long shut she didn't want open. Now here she was, driving in a raging snow storm.

"Great, and when you end up stuck in a ditch and they find your body next thaw, you can have it written on your tomb stone ' coward'." Andrea grumbled as she saw a feint light ahead. The reflectors on the side of the road gave away to an old gas station that was closed. It was better then nothing and she knew that if she didn';t stop, warriness would get the better of her. Images of the car wrapped around a tree came to mind and that decided her. Pulling into the station she sighed and would decide the next step on how to pick the lock to break in until the weather would be safe to continue on. The building itself was old and had been closed for at least a year, so no one would come running. Sighing, Andrea slumed into her seat and brushed a stray brown curl out of her face. Her semi-tan cream skin almost seemed pale against the snow as it came down harder.

"You can send me dead flowers by the mail. Send me dead flowers to my wedding and I won't forget to put roses on your grave!" Roland sang along with Mick Jagger as he navigated through the mountains and the snow storm. The roads were starting to get deeper and deeper in snow and ice. He thought he would have made it over the ridge and down to better weather by now but the roads were so bad he was just creeping along. It was getting late and he was tired so he cranked the radio up higher.

Suddenly the car took a large wind gust and he felt the rear of his Jeep Cherokee fishtail a bit. He got the Jeep under control and slowed down a bit more. It was getting bad out here. He knew how to drive in snow and ice but it had been a while. Where had this thing come from?? The weatherman had said a dusting. Fucking idiot!

Roland thought about the conference. It was informative and seeing all the reps from other areas was nice and Friday night was a lot of fun but he still had to deal with Andrea. He had effectivly avoided her the whole time but, sooner or later they would have to say something to each other. It was just uncomfortable but, at the same time, it was very, what? Nice? Erotic? Sexy? Last night, at the bar, he had glanced over at her and her legs. Oh..those legs. He walked up them with his eyes and felt his cock growing with each step up. She looked so good last night.

Shifting in his seat a bit Roland spied a light up ahead. Maybe it was best to stop for the night or at least for a few hours until the worst had past. As he got closer he noticed it was a gas station. A closed one at that. He then noticed HER pickup truck parked under the island. No way. Hadn't she stayed over there? He thought she was staying another day which was why he left. He didn't understa...another gust of wind hit his jeep as he turned into the station. The wind, the turn and the ice all combined to send his jeep into a slide. He hit the brakes and hit nothing but ice. His Jeep slid and headed straight towards her truck. Roland braced for impact as he slid into the side of her truck at about 25mph. He hit it with enough force to send it into the supporting beam of the roof of the island. His airbag deployed and knocked his head back into his seat and he then saw nothing but black.

As the F150 hit the post a loud creak could be heard along with the snapping of wood and then the entire roof of the old island came crashing down on both the jeep and the truck.

If the day couldn't get any worse, it was about to. The hair on the back of her neck prickled as she had a only a seconds moment to turn and see the blinding flash of headlights...

Andrea screamed and instinct she slammed her foot onto her brakes and reached to grab hold onto the wheel of her truck. Despite the truck being in park and not even running, it was instinct as she closed her eyes and prayed as gravity took hold. The crunch of metal to metal slamming into one another as her truck slide sidways into the building.

Her body slammed right with the impact as her head shot forward and she fought to keep from hitting the sterring wheel. The airbag still deployed and slammed her back. Knocking the wind out of her as pain shot straight down her spin. Sounds of glass shattering, quickly followed with the snapping of wood as the island came crashing down on both her truck and the other other drivers car.

It was all Andrea could do not to pass out. Knowing if she did, she could easily freeze to death. No one could come around them for miles and the amount of snow that lay piled on top the island was unknown. Their tracks would easily be covered and the cell reception was even worse out here. No, they were on their own out here.
Just breath... Concentrate on yourself, then go check on the driver.

It was just an accident. Andrea had to keep her nerves in check. If she was hurt, she would have to deal with it. However, she was now kicking herself for even leaving the hotel as she tasted blood on her lower lip. Her head was bruised and lower lip cut from biting into it as Andrea groaned and slide to the passenger door and managed to open it.

"Damn it..."

She cursed. Stepping on shatterd glass. Cold air greeting her as cob webbed shelves and the smell of a musted room long forgotten became visible. Light from both cars gave her just enough to avoid the fallen shelves and other debree as she turned to the other car to check on the passenger. Her jaw nearly dropping to the floor at seeing who it was inside.

"No.."

Roland heard sounds. Far away sounds. Crunching. Crashing. Glass. Steel. Wind. quiet. He heard a ringing in his ears that slowly started to fade. He felt cold air. Everything, slowly, started to become clearer. Even the darkness started to fade as he swam back up to reality. He cracked open one eye, then two. That's when he heard more sounds. The sound of a car door opening and then crunching in the snow.

Snow.

Roads.

Sliding.

Crashing.

Gas Station.

Andrea!!!!

Roland's eyes shot open just as he turned and saw her looking at him from the drivers side window. He cracked a smile at her. It was all he could think of doing. He shook his head to clear the cobwebs and winced in pain. His head must have hit the drivers side door. He reached up and felt the back. There was a bump there and a bit of blood. Looking at the window he saw blood. Nice.

Looking around quickly, Roland saw that the front of his Jeep was covered by a roof. It had mostly crashed on the front of his jeep and all of her truck. Great!! He felt ok though. Nothing broken. Just the back of his head hurt. He heard a tap on the window and saw Andrea motioning him to come out.

Roland opened the door and gingerly stepped out into the freezing cold. It bit into him and he reached back in and grabbed his jacket. Putting it on he turned to face Andrea. "Hey there." He mumbled. " Nice night for a drive, huh?"

Nice night for a drive?

It took all her self control not to pick up the nearest piece of wood or whatever she could find and finish the job of knocking him into the next world. Her face was red, and not from the accident. Anger at being stuck with him. Anger at herself and the current situation. Anger at the whole damn thing.

"You IDIOT! You Moron! Look what you did!"

She exploded.

"Now we're stuck here. No way out and of all people it has to be with you."

Snapping out as she spun on her right foot and refused to look at the man. he ruined her life. All she wanted was to get far away from him, and now it was as if the gods were laughing at her.

"Andrea! Look, you think I wanted to smash into you. Look around you. It's called snow and ice and darkness and wind. Why did you stop? Because you were driving just fine? It could just as easily been you that smashed into me." Roland looked around, waving his arms and then stopped. Good god. it was dark. Only one small street light and that was at the far end of what used to be a parkling lot. The rest were all burnt out or shut off. This gas station was old.

Roland reached out and touched her shoulder. "Hey, listen. Are you ok, first of all. I think I'm find except for a bump on the head that bled a bit. But, really, did you get hurt at all? If not, we need to gather up what supplies we have, collect some wood for a fire, break into this gas station and try to hunker down for the night. We need to start planning.

Since he was young Roland had been backpacking and camping. He knew a bit about survival and knew that one should not waste time being mad or upset at the circumstances but should start to take stock immediately.

She jumped and jerked about from his touch. It sent a could rush of goosebumps down her spine, despite the black and silver coat she was wearing. Her eyes were lite with fire at his statement. Hands balled into tight fists as she readied to give him a fist right into that almost smug look she was swearing he was giving her.

"Fine? I stopped because I knew better. I stopped because I didn't want to have an accident. Yet here you came along and yet no matter how I tried to avoid you, here I am. Stuck with my worst nightmare. I think I would have prefered the tree."

Andrea hissed, ignoring the question if she was hurt. Her head was swimming indeed, but she ignored it. Pain was something she was use to and at the rate she was feeling, it was mistooken for anger at him. The knawing feeling of a headache at the edge of her right eye only confirmed it as she took a step back and bit her tongue as pain laced her right shoulder. Yea, she was hurt, but she sure as hell wasn't goign to admit that to the likes of him.

"If your're hurt, go stick your head in the engine block then and leave me alone. I was fine until you showed up and I'll manage just fine now." Andrea barked and stalked off. Leaving the sentence open as to how pissed she was. Of course, showed and showing up she was still obviously pissed and not happy to see him one bit, spoke ill of things still from the past. Like hell she was going to have him try and be the hero and tell her how to survive. She could manage it.. couldn't she?

Roland winced at her anger. It hurt. He felt his heart lurch a bit. It seemed that no matter what he did, he got hurt. He was still hurting from the dumping that Nicholle, his 2 year old relationship, gave him about 8 months ago. He had never really gotten over that. Then Andrea came along. He didn't want to date anyone at work but thought he needed to get back out there. They had gone out a few times and he was sure she really, really liked him...but he had broken it off before the first kiss even. He just wasn't ready and knew for sure he didn't want to date anyone at work. Well, for some reason, word had gotten around that he had broken it off because she wouldn't put out. He didn't start that. In fact, she had wanted to do something on their 2nd date but Roland had declined. How rumors got started he never knew but Andrea had believed it all and now really hated him. Big time.

Roland took a deep breath. He had tried to explain to her that he had started nothing but the words came out wrong and he had said things in the heat of the argument that were almost worse than the rumor. She had teared up and slapped him and stormed away. Ah, life. Ain't it grand.

A big gust of wind blew through and Roland heard more creaking from the collapsed roof. He shivered and stuck his hands in his coat and walked over to the gas station. The windows were all boarded up. Good. That would offer more protection. He looked at the door. The glass was boarded up as well. He walked around the whole building, cursing when he stumbled thru a snow drift about 3 feet high. The entire structure was secured well. Walking back to the front door he pulled on the handle and it didn't give at all. They would have to figure out how to get in there and he think he knew how.

Turning to Andrea he said "Ok, I'm going to get my "Club" from the back of my Jeep and try to pry the door open. Be right back." He kept the "Club" from the time his car was stolen. He never used it much though.

The back of the Jeep was still warm as he moved his gear and bags around to find the "Club".

That "club" only gave her more reason to prove he was more of a cave man then she thought he was. Andrea had fought long and hard for months to avoid him. Pushing herself into her work. Despite the rumors that floated about her head and the sneers and snickers that the few co-workers still lingered. It was as if they were back in high school again. The rumors and side jokes. it was pathetic and Andrea hated Roland for it.

She didn't believe that he didn't start the rumors and sense then hadn't dated anyone. Not wanting to get close to anyone just to be hurt. Her job and the few friends she allowed herself was all she had. With another sigh, she pushed away and decided to let him do whatever it was he was going to do. The best thing she could do was see if there was anything she could find in the building that could be useful.

"You go do that..."

Andrea muttered. Tucking her hands into her coat as she drew back to her truck and looked for a flashlight in her emergency kit. her head was getting worse as she found the smooth black handle and flipped it on. Wincing in pain as she nearly fell over a fallen shelf when she turned it ona nd walked away. Her gaze was and goal was to get away from Roland and find a way out and away....

Roland found "The Club". He remembered people making fun of him but, once you get a car stolen, it changes everything. His last car he had loved and it got stolen. Since then, he has kept "The club" for when had to park in less desirable neighborhoods. He didn't know if this would work but it was as good as a crowbar, being solid steel.

Getting back to the front door, Roland slipped the "Club" inside the handle, got some leverage and started to pull. Nothing. Not even a budge. He then got ready and jerked hard. He felt a little give but his head started to float a bit when he did that. That bump on his back was going to make him pay. He shook his head and gave another strong jerk. and heard some creaking and cracking. He gave another strong pull and went flying back. He fell on his back in the snow and winced as his tail bone struck the hard ground. The snow cushioned it a bit, but not much.

Looking back at the door Roland had pulled the entire handle off the door. He got up slowly and looked over at Andrea who had her flashlight and was offering a little help, shinning it at the door. He sat there and looked at her. She was so, so very cute. A few strands of hair had fallen down in her face. He cheeks were rosy (what he could see of them) and her eyes twinkled in the glow of the flashlight. He saw she still had that nice, tight ass he had first been attracted to. Well, what he could see under her coat that is. He looked at her body. For that split second that he saw all this, he felt a bit aroused. Why? Why now? He had been attracted to her months ago but when the time came for him to make a move, it all went away and Nicholle crept back in his head. What the fuck!!!!! Why in the world, now, of all places, did he feel heat rising in his groin? Who the hell knew what went on in ones mind. One thing for sure, he could hardly feel his hands now from the cold and he was starting to shiver. He had to get moving. They both did. Get their bodies generating energy so they could survive.

He walked back over to the door and looked in the empty hole where the handle had been. He slipped a finger inside (he laughed to himself and thought "That's what she said") and pulled the door open revealing darkness.

What the hell are you staring at?

Andrea glared back at him as he seemed to pause and look at her for a moment. She didn't say a word but gave a cold stare back. Pure of any emotion as she tapped her right foot. Her coat kept her warm, but just enough and they couldn't risk starting the cars again. There wasn't any oil leaking that they could see, but better safe then sorry if a spark drew to it.

"Well, now what? You gonna star at the dark hole all day?" Andrea replied sarcasticly.

It was obvious she was more then annoyed as her free hand drew to her temple and rubbed. The pain was getting worse.

"It's obvious we're trapped and the snow isn't stopping. What the hell are you looking for anyway?"

Roland looked back and smiled at Andrea as he shoved the door open enough so it stayed open. He then stepped in and survey the gas station. It was one room with everything taken out. There were a few metal shelves left, knocked over on the floor. The counter was still there and Roland could almost still see the cash register, the smokes and the little penney tray.

They began to walk thru with Andrea shining a light where it was needed. The back storage room was completely empty except for a large wooden shelve. That would make good fire wood to get things going. The two bathrooms stank to high high heaven so they would have to go outside. Probably out the back door.

Roland stopped walking and Andrea bumped into him she was following him so close. Either she was scared or cold or both. He was both. He turned around and gave her a warm smile. "Ok...here is the plan. We go back and savalge all we can from our trucks. I have a backpack mattress you can sleep on. It is self-inflatible. I usually always have that in the back for emergency. I also have a light quilt we can use. We can set up our beds in the storage room. There are no windows there and we can shut the door partly. It will provide a lot of warmth." He looked at her before he went on to make sure she was ok with it so far. He didn't much like sleeping on the cold, hard linolieum but he was not about to not give her the sleeping pad.

Not saying a word, they entered the musty room.Sneezing a few times Andrea looked around and seemed to ignore what he was saying. If Roland was tying to be charitable just because of her sex, then he was going to havbe another thing coming to him!

"Sure, whatever."

Brushing past him, she winced as her injured shoulder pushed into him. Roland wouldn't miss that, no matter how hard she was trying to hide it on her face and in her eyes. Still, she ignored it, bent on getting to her truck as she pulled the back seat out and dug her travle duffle out. It held a few days worth of clothes, some meds and a few other things she thought she would need. though not the survivalalst that he was.

Roland headed back to his jeep and dug out his emergeny kit. When driving long distances he would always throw together a few things and he was delighted when he saw he had also thrown a sleeping bag in. Not his zero degree bag but only a 50 degree one but it would do. He also had a tarp, air mattress, flashlight and a few other small items. He grabbed that bag, his overnight bag which had some clothes and such and then the old quilt. He went to his backseat and grabbed some towels as well. He kept those in there for when his dog traveled. He could sleep on these.

Lugging all the stuff back in he dumped it all in the back storage room. Turning he saw Andrea dump her stuff as well and head back to her truck. Roland watched her go and smiled. It would be a long night.

He began to get orgainized. He unrolled the mattress and turned the small knob to inflate it. He then spread out his towels right next to it. Regardless of what she wanted, they would sleep side by side to conserve heat. He then threw the quilt over both and the totally unzipped sleeping back over it all as well. If it came down to it, they could take turns in the sleeping bag but he thought they would probably just make due with it being a comforter for them both.

Roland started to head back out and noticed her bag was unzipped. He looked out the door and saw she was digging through the backseat of the truck. Bending down, Roland shinned his flashlight in her back and moved some clothes around. There were the slacks and blouse she wore last night. A makeup bag, some shoes...then, down at the bottom he saw what he was looking for. Looking up again she was still in the truck. He looked back down and saw a pair of black Victoria's Secret panties and a black Victoria's Secret bra. Must be the ones she wore yesterday. He picked up the panties and took a long inhale from the crotch. Smelled like pussy. Roland smiled and felt his cock move a bit. Nice. He didn't know why but he was getting back to his old self. Maybe time does heal all wounds. He fingered the panties some more then shoved the back to the bottom.

Looking up she was still rooting thru the truck so Roland unzipped the side of her bag. More panties. Well, one more pair and a bra. Must be an extra pair. They were blue Hanes but still felt nice. He zipped up that part of the bag, situated the whole thing as he had found it and headed back out to the front just as she was coming back in. He eyed her crotch for a second. The crotch that had worn those black VS and smiled.

"Ok...got everything? I thought you could help me move that wooden shelve out to the main room and we can start to dismantle it for firewood. If you can do that, once we move it, I will go out and get us some wood from the woods as well as some of the pallets out back. I noticed a stack of about eight about back. That wood will burn pretty fast but it will at least dry out the wood I get from the forest. That cool?"

Ah, there it was. Her first aid kit. With a gentle click, it popped open and she checked the contents. Some gauze, a few band-aids, three ace bandages she had tossed in there some months back, asprin, turakit, rubbing alcahol patches.

It wasn't enough for a real emergency, but it would do in a small one. Andrea slapped it closed and made sure her good pain meds were palmed and shoved into her pocket. The oxycodine from her doctor would be put to use for the pain she was having.. on both accounts.
I think I would hav e rather been caught in the snow drift..

Looking back to see Roland waiting for her as she tucked the kit under her arm. Thumbing the top of her bottle quickly, she took a small white rounded pill and swallowed it with no fluids. The faster it took effect, the faster she could sleep without having to deal with Roland and the headache that was trying to make her see double vision.

"What do you see so smug about?"

Andrea asked walking back. SHoving the kit into his arms as she fought the bitterness in the back of her throat. It nearly making her gag as she looked to the little 'Nest' had made. Spinning on her heel she nearly choked and felt her right ankle pop as she fell back and laded onto the mattress.

Her eyes giving her instant disaproval of what the setup was going to be. If she could shoot lazer beams from her eyes, Rolan wouldn't be standing right now.

"Fine. whatever. no smart moves. Just get the wood.. I'm freezing."

Roland crouched down beside her. "Is your ankle ok?" He took hold of her foot and rubbed her ankle a bit. "Are you going to be ok with helping me get this shelve out to the main room for you to dismantle?"

Roland gently massaged her ankle as he smiled at her, waiting for her reply. She mumbled something and started to get up and with Rolands help was up and standing, well, limping but up.

Both of them slowly moved the shelve out to the main room. The moving around helped to build up energy and keep them somewhat warm. Being inside helped as well. They would have to keep the front door open while they had a fire going. It would help to ventilate the smoke and the file would help keep away any wild animials such as bears from wandering into the station.

Once they had the shelve out they let it fall to the floor where it cracked a bit. It should be no problem for her to start to pull apart some of the wood into smaller pieces. Roland buttoned his coat up and went out into the cold to start to haul in the numerous pallets out back before he went out for the big stuff in the woods.

While moving in the pallets he glanced over at her from time to time. Andrea was sweet. She was a very giving person and ready to help anyone at work who needed assistance. He wished he had never asked her out so they could be experiencing this in a better way. He then though about the panties and wondered what kind she was wearing now. He thought about that and then about her tits. He started to think about last night, at the bar. He had noticed her talking to some account reps and how her tits heaved up and down when she laughed. He thought about taking one of those nipples in his mouth.

The thought alone helped keep him warm as he dropped the first two pallets on the floor and went out for two more.

When Roland touched her ankle, she wanted to slap him. It hurt and she wanted to pull away from the tingling sensation he had given her. However, fighting and acting like a child wasn't going to give her a thing and help them in that situation. Besides, work helped her. Hauling the wood and helping to set up the fire was enough to put her mind to ease.

However, it wasn't long before the effects of the medicine was starting to take place. It helped the ankle and shoulder first, before her head started to feel better. Giving her that relaxed warm feeling int he back of her mind as she sighed and looked over to Roland. Why did he have to be such an ass at the company?

She still didn't get why the rumors started nor why he had treated her the way he did all those months ago. Andrea never recovered from it, and doubted she ever would. Of course, her friends said she needed to. That she needed to just go get laid and she would be free of her problems. However, that was the problem. Getting laid was the issue and she didn't just want to get laid. She had only experienced partial physical emotions.

The mere thought made her cheeks blush red and she forced herself to look away as she returned to the task at hand. Right now she had to just stay alive. That was all that mattered.

"I.. I think I'm going to go sit for a while.."

She announced, when the medicine was starting to take it's full effect. It was also a convient excuse to get away from him.

Roland nodded and dumped the other two pallets on the floor. He went back out in the cold to get the others. As he trudged through the snow, he felt some sweat trickle down his cheek. He wasn't really cold anymore but he knew as soon as he stopped he would get cold and, with the sweat, he would get downright cold.

His shoes were now soaked as were his socks. Thankfully, he had the pair he wore yesterday and an extra pair so that was good. He took two more pallets and headed back inside.

Once inside he saw Andrea sitting down and shivering. Roland dropped the pallets and went over to her. "Hey...are you ok? If you are going to sit in here, why don't you go into the stock room, take that quilt and wrap yourself up in it. Here. I'll help."

Shaking her head, Andrea refused. Like hell she wanted him to be near her right now.

"No, I don't need y-your charity. I can be -do fine on my own."

Her words were slightly slurred. Effects from the oxy and the head injury she was hiding. It was ill effect as she stood and walked shakly towards the stock room. her vision blurred as she started to see double vision.
Oh man, I think I'm going to be sick..

Andrea fought the quivering feeling in her stomach. The urge to fall over was strong, but the urge to get away from Roland was even greater.

Roland watched her walk away and felt bad. He was only trying to help the stupid bitch! No..no..he stopped himself. That was the cold, the snow, the wreck and, he guessed, the drugs talking thru her. He turned around and headed back out for more wood.

It took longer than expected but about an hour later, cold, sweaty and tired, Roland hauled in the last of the wood. He had enough to last them at least two days, if they were careful. He then went back out to the side of the road. He could barely tell the road was there anymore. It was covered in about 8 inches of snow. He shook his head and headed back inside. Once inside he slapped his head and headed out again. There had to be some...he kicked at the snow by the porch and finally found some good sized rocks. He hauled a bunch of them in and set up a fire ring. Then he began to tear into the pallets and make some kindling. Only when he had that done did he check on his Andrea.

If he was hurt by her response, she didn't care. It was better that way. best he stay as far from her possible. Andrea had managed to make it to the room and stayed there. Wrapped in the blanket and shivering, but still feeling the effects of the drug. Her head swam and the musty smell of the room and sound of the old building only made her mind wander as she wondered just how long they would be stuck here.

However long it took Roland to manage the job, she didn't care. By the time he had finished, the pain was better and she was laying more on her side. Eyes glazed dreamlike as she nearly looked like she was about to drool over herself. Still, she felt like shit and the pain still was only cut in half.

"Shoot me..."

She whispered to herself as she closed her eyes and half moaned in pain. Her lips parched with wanting something to drink as she reached for her pack and the half bottle of gator aid she had left. Only managing a sip before pushing it away. How the hell did she manage to get herself into this mess? The sound of approaching foot steps was enough to announce Roland was coming in on her. Reminding her that the unwanted guest was nearing. Oh, yea. Him. Thankfully, she wasn't in a caring mood and didn't give a rats ass at the moment what he had to say. All she wanted was the pain to go away and the cold to stop.

Roland looked in at her. She was shivering like crazy and had gone pale. She was in worse shape then he though. He bent down beside her. "Hey..hey....Andrea....let's put our past aside and look to get you better. Ok?" He lifted the sleeping back and tucked her in more. "I'm going to start the fire. I don't have any matches so I am going to use the cig lighter in my jeep. Once I have a nice fire roaring, I'll come back and get you, ok? It's still snowing like crazy outside."

Getting up Roland went back and looked at his kindling. It was a huge pile of wood from the shelve from the back room. It was dry and would catch nicely. Then, he would start drying the large logs he brought in. He had those next to the fire ring. He then left and went to his jeep. He pusehd the lighter in and then grabbed his Maxim magazine. He flipped thru it quickly. Ah...girls....

She winced and tried to move away and found she couldn't. Be it the drug in her system or the fact she was in pain. Either way, Andrea didn't move or say a word as he had moved and tucked her in tighter.

However, that didn't mean she had to talk to him. Let go of the past? Ha! She wasn't going to. Just because she felt like shit didn't mean she was going to just roll over and let it go.

I can't let it go. I won't.

At least that was what she was telling herself. The fact that it was still snowing didn't help calm her any. How could they survive? Food? Water was easy enough to come by.

Roland jerked when the lighter popped back out. He took it and the magazine quickly back inside. Lighting the magazine as he went. Soon, it was engulfed in flames and he placed it at the base of his little tee-pee. The wood caught easily enough and soon it was blazing. The fire ring was a good size and he placed the two large wet logs within the ring on the outside. They would dry in no time. Meanwhile he went to work tearing into the pallets and what was left of the large shelve. Soon, he had a huge pile of dry tinder to add to the flame.

Once the fire was good on it's own he went to his emergency kit and fished out a rope. Tying the rope from one end of the store to the other, in front of the fire, he had a clothesline. The door was still open and Roland closed it almost all the way. Just enough to let the smoke get out. He then went to one of the windows and tore the wood down from it. The glass was still intact to he opened the window behind the register and used the club to knock down the wood on the outside. That would allow some fresh air to get in.

Roland then went back to the storage room to check on his patient.

"Hey, Andrea" he whispered, "how we doing?"

The sounds of a crackling fire and the feint smell of smoke reached Andrea after a short time. However, she had no motivation to get up and move into that direction. Her soft eyes closed and focused on her own breathing. Listening to the popping of the wood every so often. Her body still shivered as she became aware of Roland soon near her.

Opening her eyes, she flickered them up and looked to see a blurred Roland looking at her with concern frowning his face. It was almost funny if she didn't feel like someone had ran a steam roller over her body.

"P-Peachy."

Came the smart ass reply as she swallowed a mouth full of air.

Back
Top Bottom