Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unturned Stone (Rage and Candira)

Scotty Rage

Supernova
Chance paused as he looked at the building, pursing his lips gently. It wasn't anything terribly fancy, really nothing more than a small warehouse space that was rented out, now used by a band as their practice and recording space. Brushing a bit of long, dark hair back from his face, his sea green eyes took in the sight once more.

He had recently tried out for that band and had been called to come back to be their new front man. The one before him had apparently met a tragic end, as many musicians do, having overdosed on some sleeping pills and liquor. Giving a soft sigh, he took his first tentative steps toward the door that led into the building.

He knocked at the door, and it was only a few seconds before he got an answer, a guy about his age, mid to late twenties at most, poking his head out and grinning at the sight of him. "Hey man. Glad you could make it back. Come on in." The guy, Zeke, had shorter brown hair, a bit wild and spiked, and brown eyes. He was a friendly enough sort, having been welcoming of Chance from their first meeting.

As he was led inside, the other guy he'd met before, Ash, had been waiting there for them. Ash was a big guy. He stood every bit of six and a half feet, and probably topped at about two hundred fifty pounds. His head was clean shaven and he sported a neatly trimmed goatee. All three men had various piercings and tattoos, the only real similarities in their appearances.

As Chance walked across the room, Ash simply offered a silent nod. He got the feeling that the bassist didn't really like him on a personal level, but knew they had to work with him. Chance was the best candidate they had gotten to take over as the new face of the band, blessed with striking good looks, a superior singing voice, and a natural talent with the guitar.

Zeke gave Chance a bit of a nudge as he was setting his equipment up. "Don't worry man. He'll warm up to you. He just misses Grady still. It's only been a few months..." Chance looked to the lead guitarist and gave a nod in understanding. "I know. I'll be fine." Zeke gave him a pat on the shoulder, nodding in response. "Girls should be here any minute. We just got a new one to fill the gap that Drew left when he quit, so we're gonna have two chicks in the band instead of just one. How cool is that?"

Chance had to smile a bit at Zeke's always positive attitude. It would sure help to keep his spirits up during the trying first few weeks as they got to know each other and worked to become a cohesive unit.

RE: Unturned Stone (rage0976 and Candira)

V was a little later than usual. She'd gotten of work late because someone had had an emergency and they needed to find someone to work. She'd stopped off at home and showered. Smelling fresh and looking hot, she arrived shortly after Chance. She would have agreed with him about their practice space: it wasn't much of anything at this point. But it was theirs and that was good enough for her. Remembering that the new front man was coming in today, she made up her mind to be nice to him. After all, making the transition as smooth as possible was important... especially after Ash.

She was a smaller woman, about 5'3'' with fairly obvious Asian heritage. Her long brown hair had a funky chopped due with just the perfect amount of highlights. The best thing about her was that she could switch style pretty easily. She could go from punk rock to sex goddess to polished and prim, and back to normal girl with little effort.

Her curvy body was dressed in a tight black top beneath a leather vest that just seemed to act as a corset. It showed off some decent cleavage of her perfectly proportionate chest and her defined arms. There was a tribal tattoo on her bicep and she loved to show it off. She had three piercings on each ear and a belly ring that was also shown off today. Her splendid legs were covered in dark wash jeans that hugged her in just the right places and flared at the bottom, her black vans popping out from beneath her. She stepped inside and pulled off her sunglasses, smiling at her bandmates...and a cute new guy.

"Hi guys!" She smiled and headed in to give everyone a hug, ending with Chance. "Nice to meet you. I'm V, the drummer," she said with a grin.

Roxxi hated to be late, but when she'd confused some streets, she'd gotten lost on the way. When she pulled up, she saw there were 4 other cars already...She was the last one there. Taking a deep breath, she reminded herself that someone had to be, and she had a perfectly good excuse. So, she got out of her little car and pulled her keyboard out of the trunk. She carried it carefully in its case and slowly made her way up to the big building. It was intimidating not only because of what it meant, but because of its appearance. Still, she was here to stay, damn it.

Her red hair was shoulder length, resting in a ponytail at the moment. She was a taller gal, easily 5'10" with fantastic curves. She wore a simple black tank top and a knee-length jean pencil skirt decked out in chains and criss-crossing belts that fit her perfectly. Her pale skin was largely untouched by ink, but her back had cute little angel wings. She had a belly ring, but only single-pierced ears. She wore sensible shoes that looked nice on her and somehow managed to get into the place by herself.

"Umm, hello?" She asked, tentatively stepping inside. The last thing she needed was for this to be the wrong place. But seeing the group of people to her left, she found that a little hard to believe.

Chance blinked as V just hugged him, hugging her back somewhat as he regained his wits, taken by surprise by the show of kindness. "I'm Chance. Nice to meet you." He smiled a bit as he pulled away, turning to finish adjusting his amp. He took a glance over his shoulder at the girl, however, when she wasn't looking, having to appreciate the sight. She had a great body, and that outfit really made her breasts stand out. Not many guys wouldn't appreciate that.

As Roxxi arrived, Zeke called out to her. "Welcome. Come on in and set up. We were just about to run through a little Jam session. Plus I figure you should meet the rest of the crew." Ash looked up at Roxxi, he gave her a slight nod in greeting. Whether he wanted her in the band or not, he couldn't deny the girl was easy on the eyes, and he took the time to get a good look. Zeke smirked a bit, motioning to the big guy. "That's Ash. Don't worry. He doesn't bite. He just grunts and glares a lot."

Chance finished plugging in and began to tune his guitar when he looked up to see the latest arrival, pausing for a moment to look her over as well. He couldn't believe his luck, landing a gig in a band that would have not one, but two hot female players. Shaking the thoughts away, he offered her a smile in greeting. "Hey. Nice to meet ya. I'm Chance."

V was happy to meet him and said as much, pulling away from him to get her drums the way she wanted them. She noticed that Ash didn't seem to approve of Chance, but after losing Grady, she could see his disappointment. After all, it seemed as though they were moving on pretty quickly. Still, progress was progress. She smiled at the new girl as the redhead ambled in. She noted everyone but Zeke checking her out. Chuckling, she did so as well before finishing up. "Hey there! Come on in, she called cheerfully. V was easily the happiest member of the group. Though even she had been deeply impacted by the loss of Grady and Drew.

Zeke was cheerful, but even he had his dark days, and V was always willing to help him through those.

Roxxi smiled as they all seemed to accept her. "Sorry I'm a little late. I kind of got lost," she said with a chuckle, heading over to the other girl in the band. She was cute. Thanks to checking out the other girl, she didn't catch the wandering eyes of Ash and Chance. Then again, she did notice them quite a bit. All of them were cute. Zeke's comment about Ash made her laugh, but she smiled warmly at the person in question.

"Hey. Nice to meet you Chance, Ash. I'm Roxxi." She walked right by them and headed over to the area, choosing a place that was far enough from the drums and close enough to the bass. "So I had a chance to listen to a lot of your songs and I think I've got the melodies down, but I need a little more work for precise stuff. I'll do my best though."

Chance offered a bit of a smile to Roxxi. "It's okay, I'm new too, so we're kind of in the same boat here." He then turned to the others, his face lighting up a bit. "Listen, I know you guys already have a lot of material, but I have a good bit of stuff that I've written myself I'd like to go over with you sometime if that's cool."

Ash watched the new girl for another moment, finally turning his eyes toward the others. Still having said nothing, he picked at his bass a bit as he tuned it, getting ready to go over some of the songs they had prepared for the practice session. Hearing Chance's proposal, he frowned softly, finally speaking up. His voice was somewhat deep, as one might expect from a man his size. "We've already got more than we need. You were hired to sing, so work with what you have or we can find someone who's just content with the opportunity they already have."

Zeke had also stolen himself a few glances at Roxxi, just not quite as noticeably as the other two guys. As he finished tuning his guitar he played a few chords to test it out, giving a satisfied nod. Hearing Chance's proposal, he smiled a bit and was about to respond when Ash's words cut him short. Hearing Ash shoot the guy down, he frowned somewhat. "Hey, no need to be that way man. Sooner or later we're gonna need new material, and if he's as good at writing as he is at playing and singing then it would be worth looking into."

Ash just pursed his lips as he finished tuning his bass, playing a short rhythm piece to make sure it sounded good. "Whatever."

V frowned. She never liked to hear her boys were fighting. She could understand the hurt place Ash was speaking from, but he was kind of a dick about it. Once her stuff was set up, she walked over to her tall friend and rubbed his head a little. "Hey, no need to cut him down. I think what my clumsily worded friend is trying to say, is that right now, it's probably better to get to know each other with the existing material first. Which I would agree with. But Zeke has a point. There's no reason we can't take a listen later on."

She smiled and then looked up at Ash, as if to say, "Hey, cut him some slack."

Roxxi was just finishing up her set up when she heard Chance talk about his new material. She was about to chime in with something about how she, too, had written something for the band. And then Ash cut him down and she stayed silent, preferring to stay out of this little rumble. She knew the history of this band and figured that Chance had somehow crossed a line, but she didn't want to make the same mistake. She felt sort of a kindred spirit in Chance for being the new guy and she being the new girl, but watching him get cut down like that was just brutal. Thoughts of the same thing happening to her made her shudder. Also, she really didn't want to make a tall guy like Ash angry. She was glad for Zeke and Roxxi's interventions and breathed a little sigh of relief. To try and get everyone's mind back on practice, she started warming up with her keyboard in classic piano mode first, and then with different sound choices.

"So....ummm, not to interrupt the moment or anything, but will we start soon? I kinda have a shift to get to in a couple of hours. I'm all for musicality, but paying bills kinda has to come first."

Chance nodded his agreement with Roxxi, turning to look at the others. "I think 'Bliss' would be a good one to start with." Zeke nodded his agreement, Ash just giving a shrug, not really caring what they started with. Chance then looked to V and gave her a nod to give them the countdown, preparing himself for his cue.

As the countdown ended, Chance, Ash, and Zeke all started playing. The tune was heavy, catchy, and had a good rock solid feel to it. As they played through the intro, Chance started to sing the first verse. It became quickly obvious that this guy was good, better than Grady had ever been even, whether they wanted to admit it or not. His voice was sensual, but strong, smooth when needed, but able to be rough where required. He had no trouble hitting high notes that most men couldn't dream of reaching, and at the same time could take it low with the best of them.

They lyrics came easily to him, having memorized all their work already as he played and sang the song.

I was happy not to know,
Where it was that you would go,
So what's with the sudden,
Attack of conscience,
Never wondered where you'd been,
It was a simple life back then,
So why complicate it,
And leave me jaded,

Well I never asked you to confess,
I don't give a damn what's for the best,

If ignorance is bliss,
Then let me just forget,
Why the hell'd you have to go,
And tell me all of this,
If truth will set you free,
Then I would rather be,
Bound and tied up to the lies,
I wanna still believe,
How can I know happiness,
If ignorance is bliss,

I didn't need your honesty,
Just look what it has done to me,
How can you justify,
Fuckin' up my life,

Everything was fine 'til now,
Then you go and turn me inside out,

If ignorance is bliss,
Then let me just forget,
And tell me all of this,
Then I would rather be,
I wanna still believe,
If ignorance is bliss,

Knowledge is power.
I've heard them say,
They must have never,
Felt this way,

If ignorance is bliss,
Then let me just forget,
And tell me all of this,
Then I would rather be,
I wanna still believe,
If ignorance is bliss,

Cause ignorance is bliss...

(Note: These are MY original lyrics for anyone reading this thread, and they're copyrighted, so no thieving. And shame on you if you thought about it! ^_^)

V gave Ash a little punch in the arm before she headed back to her station and started the countdown. She was immediately in the zone, her sticks flying perfectly hitting the beat and the tempo without missing a single bit of it. It was the best she had played since after the news of Grady's death. Finally, she was getting back to normal. When she heard Chance sing the song...it was perfect. This was the way it was meant to sound. Grady had done it justice, but he was far outmatched by the man singing now. She smiled, keeping her drums going, adding her own voice for harmony just like she used to. Even that sounded better. Damn... this could be the start of something utterly fantastic.

Roxxi managed to keep up nicely. She missed a few notes here and there, but in her defense it was her first time playing with this group of people. And the things she missed were barely noticeable. A fan might not have known the difference. Still, her playing was very tight and had few errors, and the feeling she put into it helped the song as well. It sounded a little different than Drew's old playing, but in a good way. She hoped the others would like it enough to keep her in. She quickly fell in love with Chance's singing, though she didn't let it break her focus.

She was going to prove to everyone in the band that she had what it took to stay in. Especially to Ash, who seemed to hate the new kids. Or at least be indifferent to them. When the song was finally over, she stepped away from her keyboard, a cautious smile on her face as she looked over everyone else. Silence. So how were they?

Zeke was the first to applaud, giving both Chance and Roxxi props. "Bravo! That's what I'm fuckin' talkin' about!" He gave his guitar a quick thrashing to put emphasis on his approval of the two. "That's the best I've ever heard that song sound I think!" Ash was less enthusiastic, but did at least offer a nod in agreement with Zeke. He gave played a short bar on his bass before falling silent once more, looking around at the group, perhaps at least a little less hostile to the new kids.

Chance looked around at them all, lightly covered in sweat now as he pushed some of his hair back from his face, smiling a bit as he managed to catch his breath after having put so much into the song. He looked over to Roxxi and offerd a reassuring smile. "That was great. Good job keeping up." He then turned to V and smiled again. "And the harmony vocals...right on. Thanks for the assist." The guy was definitely a team player, glad to give compliments where they were deserved and encourage the others.

Zeke put his guitar down and went to a fridge that was nearby. "I have a good feeling about this bunch." Taking a few beers from the fridge, he tossed one to each of them before moving to open his, taking a long sip. "This definitely calls for a little celebration."

V snatched the bottle out of the air with the grace of a knife thrower at a carnival. She checked the label, however, and saw that Zeke had tossed her a hard lemonade instead, which was what she had preferred for years. Beer honestly made her a little sick if she drank it on an empty stomach. She smiled in thanks at her friend and opened the beverage with zeal. "I agree. Fantastic job to everyone." She raised the bottle in cheers and grinned. Chance's comment flattered her a bit. For someone who was so good at what they did to give her a little boost like that...well, it kind of made her day.

She only wished that Ash would cut them all a little more slack. It was one thing to be surly, but another to be childish.

Roxxi caught her bottle, but just barely. She wasn't really used to having to catch things like that, but she could get used to it. The beer was a brand that she drank, which relieved her. She wouldn't have wanted to be rude and refuse, but there were only a few certain kinds she could handle. So she opened it with relative ease and mirrored Roxxi's move. "Thanks, Chance. We all sounded pretty awesome, didn't we?" She grinned and then took a sip, a little thirsty after all that.

"Here here." Chance grinned as he opened his bottle, taking a long drink and lowering it with a content sigh. It was just what he needed to calm his nerves a bit, feeling a lot better now about things. Slinging his guitar from his shoulders, he set it on the rack and moved to have a seat on a nearby sofa, the place being decently furnished for the band's needs, not only for recording and practice, but for some great parties as well.

Zeke offered everyone a cheeky grin as he took a pull from his own bottle. "So, tell me, once we're ready to hit the road again, you guys are alright sharing an RV for road trips, right? It's pretty much all we got, so we're gonna have to get used to it. But on the bright side it does have plenty of room."

Ash just sipped his beer quietly, though even he seemed more at ease now. Maybe he was being a little hard on them, but someone had to be. It wasn't that he was displeased. He just wanted to make sure they were in this for the long haul, and would fight to stay with it. If they weren't willing to do that then they were no better than any of the other people who had come and gone since they lost Grady and Drew.

V laughed at the question and said, "Well you'd better, because otherwise you're paying your own way kitties." She took a sip of her lemonade and stood up to stretch her legs a little. Deciding that was done, she plopped down next to Chance on the sofa and crossed her legs, comfy as could be.

Roxxi nodded. "It's fine with me. I don't mind sharing small spaces. I used to have four roommates, so I can deal," she said, moving to a chair closer to Zeke and Ash. She crossed her legs at the ankle and perched in the chair as she sipped. "How far out do you guys usually go?" she asked. "Or does it vary a lot?"

"It usually varies. Sometimes we go a few states, sometimes just a few counties." Zeke gave them another grin, looking to Chance, then Roxxi. "Since you're the new kids you might have to spoon it on the double. I'm not giving up my bed." He laughed and took another drink, seriously doubting Chance would have any complaints about that. He looked over at V as she got comfortable by Chance and smirked, giving her a playful wink, sort of a tease about her taking a shine to the singer.

Ash took a seat as well, pulling a chair over and turning it around to straddle it so he could rest his arms on the back of it while he enjoyed his beer. "Not giving mine up either, so looks like V and Roxxi can fight over who has to spoon with the fifth wheel." He was at least lightening up enough to make jokes, or at least it seemed like a joke.

Chance just laughed a bit at their comments, taking a drink of his own beer before looking between V and Roxxi. Zeke was right about one thing. He wouldn't exactly complain about having to share with one of them...or both. Shaking his head a bit before he got carried away on that train of thought, he looked back over to the guys. "Okay, so what time frame are we looking at to be ready for a gig?"

Zeke gave a light shrug. "I dunno. How's a month sound to you guys? Think you can learn all the songs by then? Hell, seems like you already know most of 'em. Plus we could talk a little about working on some new stuff once we have all that done."

V only laughed at the comments of her fellow band mantes. She took a sip of her lemonade and stuck her tongue out at Zeke for his little wink. Granted he was only teasing her, she would have to pay him back for that one. "Who says I'm giving my bed up?" she said, looking at the other two vets. "Whatever. I say we cross the bridge when we get there. Let's worry about timing issues for now, yes?"

The drummer smiled at Roxxi and shrugged, as if to say, "Can't let them have all the fun."

Roxxi hadn't had to share a bed with someone since her sleepover days. Granted that had been by choice, it was a little more difficult when manly bits were involved. She'd had her fair share of sleepovers with boys as well, but usually by the time they were sleeping together, there was very little sleeping involved.

And she wasn't sure that kind of thinking was appropriate when most of the band was guys. Not that sleeping with them would have been altogether unpleasant. After all, they were pretty hot. But there were all kinds of issues with that kind of thought. Still, none of them seemed willing to share a space with her. Sad day. She caught V's look though and laughed, figuring that meant she would share with her.

Relieved for the change of subject, she chimed in. "I should have them all down in a month. I might need to have someone practice with me every week to make sure though. I want to make sure I'm getting it right so that when we practice together I'm not making mistakes because I practiced the wrong way too much."

Zeke seemed to catch Roxxi's expression, laughing softly. "We're all just kidding Roxx. Hell, any of us would be stupid not to want to share with you." He gave her a playful wink and finished his beer, tossing the bottle as he went for another. "But we really will have to determine some sort of sleeping arrangements on the RV. And we're actually gonna be practicing three times a week if that works, so you'll have plenty of opportunity to get it right."

Chance caught the look between Roxxi and V and cocked an eyebrow slightly. Now that would be an interesting scene to watch. Once again he shook the thought away, not allowing his focus to get derailed. "Oh, so nobody thinks I'm worth sharing with then?" He laughed softly, taking another drink from his bottle, which was only half empty at this point. Apparently he wasn't much of a drinker himself by the way he nursed that beer.

Ash just gave the occasional nod or shrug to the comments made. Naturally he wouldn't exactly complain about having to bunk up with one of the girls. They were both cute enough, not that he thought he had a shot there, but still, it was a pleasant enough thought.

Zeke came back with his beer, settling into his own seat once more and raised it in toast. "Here's to a fresh start. With what we're bringing to the table now, we'll be having to fight the agents off when we're done."

V laughed and shook her head. Men could be so silly sometimes. She raised her bottle which was almost gone at this point. She wasn't much of a drinker, but she'd been pretty thirsty. "Well, we'll work that out later. Let's just enjoy what we've got going for now, okay?"

The way he harped about it, one might think he wanted to get someone in bed with him right now. Still, she didn't mind knowing that Zeke and the others would think of her that way. It was good to know that she was still very much a woman in their eyes--even if she was one of the guys too.

Roxxi still had most of her drink left. Not that she hadn't been drinking it, just that she wasn't terribly thirsty. Besides, she did have to drive to get to her shift.

"Three times a week is good. Should still be enough for individual practice too," she said to herself. "Works for me. I'm with V. Let's work out the plan later. We'll have plenty of time for that once we get the other stuff out of the way."

Zeke just nodded. "Sounds good to me. So...I was thinking...we got a new face for the band, so we need a new name. The old one is just...well...doesn't matter. But I want something catchy. We have something a little different than most bands going on here, and I want to use that."

Ash pursed his lips for the most part, not really seeing anything wrong with their old name, Chem Burn, but he said nothing to counter Zeke's proposal. Instead he just turned his beer up, chugging it in one go, then stood to walk to the fridge for another, tossing the empty bottle on the way.

Chance looked at them thoughtfully for a moment, pursing his own lips, but in deep thought rather than indifference. Tossing a few ideas around in his head, he tried to come up with something that would be catchy, that people would want to hear. Glancing to the others, he finally gave a light shrug. "I'm open to suggestions."

V noticed how this seemed to bother Ash, though she said nothing. She leaned into the sofa cushions and closed her eyes as she though. "Hmmm, Chem Burn doesn't exactly fit our sound right now...it's a little too smooth for it to be associated with a burn." She opened her eyes and looked at Roxxi. "What do you think, Rox?"

Surprised at already having earned a nickname, Roxxi looked up and blinked. "Well...given the things this band has been through, I'm a little surprised it's still together. It's still largely the same it was before...well just before." She stopped herself from cramming her foot further down her throat and then spoke again. "In light of that...why not call it...Unturned Stone?" she asked, frowning and taking a rather long sip of her beer.

V thought on it for a moment and nodded. "I kinda like it. What say you, boys?"

Zeke was the first to answer, giving his usual smile as he nodded his agreement. "I think it fits. Gets my vote." He raised his beer in salute and took a long pull from the bottle, emptying half of it as he glanced around at the others to wait for their reactions. That was one vote for it.

Chance was the next to speak up. "I like it. It sounds good and has some meaning behind it. I vote yes." He took a sip of his own beer after offering a similar salute to Zeke, giving Roxxi and V each a quick smile.

Ash said nothing for several moments, taking a drink from his bottle, looking around, then taking another drink. After a bit of an uncomfortable silence, he finally spoke up. "Well, guess it doesn't matter what I say. I'm out voted anyway. But I suppose I've heard worse names." It was likely the closest to a compliment and a vote that anyone was going to get out of him, making the decision unanimous.

Zeke spoke up again after the others said their peace, emptying his bottle and tossing it with a grin. "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Unturned Stone..."

Somehow, with every vote her idea got, Roxxi felt like a traitor. She could see the amount of pain this was causing Ash, and she felt a terrible surge of guilt. She did her best to hide it behind a nice smile though. "I'm glad. What else do we need to talk about today?" she asked, feeling more uncomfortable by the minute.

V, sensing the tension in the air decided to step in and play peacemaker. "Hey, I think that's about enough change for this meeting. We've got plenty of time to decide on stuff like our look, our travel plans, and all that jazz. Why don't we knock out a few more songs, get to know each other a little more, and then call it a day, huh? It's a lot to get used to in a short amount of time."

Zeke gave a light shrug, looking around at the others. "Let's call it a night as far as playing goes. We got a general idea of what we're working with, so we'll pick up normal procedure at the next session. Right now let's just get to know each other a bit." He turned his eyes to Roxxi as he spoke the last part, offering her a friendly smile. Naturally the guys would want to get to know the new girl, not that V didn't catch his eye plenty enough on her own.

Ash actually seemed to agree with this statement fully and without his normal indifference. "Good idea. You two tell us a little about yourselves." He then looked to Chance. "Why don't you go first?" He was either calling him out, or giving him an opportunity. It didn't really matter which, as the singer was more than prepared this time.

Chance shrugged and spoke, looking around for a moment, glancing first to V who sat next to him, then to Roxxi who was a few feet in front of him in her chair. Then he looked to Zeke and Ash. "I was raised in music. Showed an interest at a young age, and my folks actually encouraged it. They even got me lessons, guitar, vocal, piano, you name it, I can probably play it or figure it out soon enough. I didn't come from a broken home or have to rebel against my family to follow my passion. They supported it and still stand behind me." He looked around at the group again, giving each of the girls perhaps a bit more time with his gaze than the guys, but who could blame him? They were absolutely hot!

V noticed how much attention she was getting from the new kid, and how much Roxxi was getting and decided to let it slide for a little while. After all, She was pretty hot, even by V's standards. She had a different appeal to her, and she was fresh blood. Why wouldn't they be interested in her? She also noted that Chance seemed to be looking at her quite a bit. She cut him a little slack too. After all, she was pretty damn hot. And he was new. He needed time to get used to that.

She listened to his back story and nodded her approval. "Well it looks like it has definitely paid off for you. What bands do you listen to? What are your main influences?" she asked, feeling something like an interviewer.

Roxxi caught Zeke's smile and returned it. She had liked Zeke from the first time he'd auditioned her. His outlook on life and the attention to detail in her playing had been impressive. Still, she paid attention to Chase, and his story nodding as he went on. She was interested to learn more just like Roxxi and she sat in her chair comfortably. She was glad that Ash was at least willing to get to know everyone. The redhead didn't think she could take much more of the judging he'd been dishing out without some kind of breakdown.

Looking to V as she began to ask her questions, Chance just smiled as he sat back while Zeke went to get everyone another round. "Everything. I believe that you can't truly appreciate music without learning to love a little bit of everything. I like rock, naturally, and classical, a little hip hop, R&B, classic rock, oldies, and even some bluegrass and country."

Zeke tossed everyone another beer as he left the fridge, Ash and Chance both catching theirs easily and opening them as he sat once more. "Shame Roxx has to take off. I'd say we all just spend the night hanging out and tossing a few back. Can't you call in or something?" He laughed as he opened his own fresh beer and turned it up.

Ash was taking a sip of his beer as he listened to Chance talk about his musical tastes, even nodding slightly in agreement at the man's logic. It appeared he was at least warming up to them a bit more, though he still wasn't exactly what one would call forthcoming with praise or anything. Still, it was a nice change of pace.

As Chance finished going over his lists of favorite bands, he took a drink from his bottle, looking to Roxxi for a moment. "Yeah, Roxx. Can't you just call in once and spend some time with us? Could be fun."

V nodded in approval. "Very nice. Well-rounded tastes are good." She grinned and caught her lemonade again. "Thanks, Zeke." She opened her bottle up and then looked at him with a laugh. It was kind of cute to see the way they all begged Roxxie to stay. She had to admit that she would have liked to get to know the girl better herself. It would be nice to have someone else who wasn't a walking ball of testosterone to talk to once in awhile. Still, she didn't put pressure on the girl, not wanting her to feel guilty if she actually had to leave.

Roxxie chuckled and shook her head. "I wish I could, but I just lost one of my roommates, so rent has gone up for me. I have to pick up these hours. Sorry kids." She smiled and finished off her beer, luckily catching the second. She set it aside and decided to leave it there for now. "I'll be glad to talk while I'm here though."

At the mention of Roxxi being short a roommate, Zeke perked up a bit. "Really? I've actually been looking for a new place to stay. How many roommates do you have still there?" He looked somewhat hopeful, not so much as the prospect of living with the extremely hot girl, but of finally finding a new place a well.

Chance took another sip of his drink, lowering it as he thought for a moment. "Listen...my folks are kind of loaded, and I live in their guest house. Their suggestion, not mine, but I do pay rent and such for it. Wouldn't feel right otherwise. Anyway, I've got four unused bedrooms and a basement in that place. If this all works out, what would you think of moving in there?"

Ash actually seemed interested in the new guy's suggestion, seeing a willingness to truly commit within him now. He was definitely warming up to these two a bit, though he wasn't about to tell them that yet. They still had to show him a little more, but they had made a good start tonight.

Back
Top Bottom