Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bard Tales

BardicHero

Dust
I'm a movie star! Okay, so perhaps star was a tad over-embellished. The fact of the matter is that I spent the past two months in Spokane shooting a film called Knights of Badassdom staring Steve Zahn, Summer Glau, and Ryan Kwanten directed by Joe Lynch. I was an extra. A badass extra who you may see die more than once and will see dead in eight different positions. Don't ask.

Joe is fucking awesome. We were all at the bar singing karaoke, and even though he swore on his life he wasn't going to sing, he couldn't resist joining us all as we did our (terrible) rendition of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

Three Tequilas and the same number of Irish Car Bombs led me to the after party (somehow with a case of Blue Moon in hand) and I was passed a couple cookies. I didn't know what sort of cookies they were until an hour later my night got even better (wasn't that a nice surprise?) I ended up wrestling all night with the bros. Only one of use broke a bone, and it was his nose, while the rest of us declared our rug burns as badges of honor. Did I mention we someone ended up with a dart stuck in their ass? Sober darts is under rated and too safe, anyway. Moral of that story? This Bard knows how to party. It's important to note this after party was for extras only.

Steve Zahn is the man. We extras got shitty food and worse coffee. So what does Zahn do? Show's up with Starbucks for all of us. Great guy.

Summer? Not much of a talker.

Ryan Kwanten was funny as fuck. At one point I'm lying dead spread eagle. My shield says 'Bardic Shield' in huge letters across the back (I use it often in Amtgard. I have yet to try any other game systems), so Ryan says "Oh, THAT's the legendary bardic shield, huh mate? I gotta admit, you're a braver man than I, spread eagle like that. I mean, I don't have the best balance, and Joe says to jump clean over ya." He laughed, I didn't. When he landed a mere quarter inch from the goods I damn near cried.

I can't really say much more. I probably said more than I legally should have. But wasn't it great to know? My next installment... I tell you how I met the greatest band of all time in person. Stick around.

Back
Top Bottom