Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: One Wrong Turn // Relix&NightDagger

"Care to share those ruined plans with me?" she asked as she shut the saddlebag and tied it so nothing would fall out. Kya hated being left in the dark for an extended period of time it irked her. If he wanted this to work out he was going to have to tell her almost everything. "Because I can't help if I don't know."

She paused for a moment when she caught the dreaded term rouge. That was almost a curse word in most law abiding mages vocabulary. "Illusionist don't go rouge as often as some of the others tend to. It's too hard for us to drop off the radar. However if one did I'm sure I would've heard about it by now." the magess shrugged. As a matter of fact an old companion of hers had recently dropped off radar he was an illusionst too and given his darker personality it was likily he joined a faction.

"It's on the coast isn't it?" she pulled out a map and took a good look. "Yes, several weeks away from here, and we'll be passing through several major cities, there is no way to avoid them." she ran one long finger along routes for a moment. "There is one that would add a week to the travel that would bypass Gladria and Josen which have some of the most violent factions in the Kingdom as I'm sure you know. We could do that....but it would take us through dark mage territory."

Taking in a breath, "Just like I said," the male spoke, eyes falling back to the floor. "Ruined my plans, they aren't really anything dealing with you or other things.. simply need to tally up a few things," He hated working with eyes around him, thus, he wouldn't go into vivid detail. The less she knew, the better for her. Only thing she had to keep clear in her head is she is traveling with a infamous thief who has a lot of people pissed off at him. A lot more who will kill rush to kill him within seconds.

Shaking his head no, he needed not to take a month and a half to get to Tuscanar. "We will go through Gladria and Josen.. by then, as long as everything goes according to plan, a reason why I only wanted twenty minutes of sleep," Ralin spoke, taking a moment to let out a sneeze. Shaking his head lightly, "Phew, sorry about that.." The male murmured lightly, "The calculations.. are merely means to see how many people I'd need to pick pocket from now till Gladria.. and how much I need to take." Shrugging lightly, that wasn't all of it; but, it was enough to - hopefully - get her off his back about his 'plans'.

"Now, before you get all high and mighty on me," The male quickly interjected, his attention shooting from the ground below him to the magess. "You and I are not a like... we are traveling together." Pausing for a moment, that .. was a bit harsh. "What I mean to say is; don't tell me that I shouldn't do what I plan because it isn't 'right'. Right by your standards isn't the right in mine. I will do what I need to do in order to survive, have done so the past seven years. Shall not change since you.. and I are companions now." Ralin wasn't intending to piss her off, surely, he didn't come off at the correct way for this conversation. He simply needed to put his foot down on the whole topic, he wouldn't listen to her when he had ways and means of doing something he does for himself. If he gets another faction mad at him, then too bad.. he was working his way from the top of the list down.

He was being vauge on purpose she decided figuring it had something to do with his lifestyle choice, and the fact he still half suspected she'd run for the hills as soon as she could. Quite frankly she really had no desire to do so, she found herself intrigued by him. He had so much potential it was a shame he'd choosen to be a thief. "I don't think I ever told you my name did I? Funny considering everything we've gone through. My name is Kya."

"You know I have plenty of money right? You don't have to pick poket anyone if you think it'll be too risky. But knowing what I know of you, you want to so I won't stop you. It'll be pointless I don't want us to start off on the wrong foot again." she smiled softly. It was odd how kind she looked with her hair dyed and dressed in regular clothing. No long cold and unapproachable. Though those eyes of hers....

"Like I said, whatever you want to do you can do. Stopping you isn't worth the effort or anger." she snickered. "If you plan on pickpocketing your way across the country far be it from me to stop you. I'll just keep to myself and you'll never hear a word from me I promise." she placed a hand over her chest. "You have my word as a mage. Now do you want to get going now, or do you desire to rest a bit more?"

"Ralin." The male spoke in reply to her giving her name to him, he knew it already. She had introduced herself to the thugs that passed in the alley, as she knew his from those same said thugs. Scratching his cheek a bit, the male looked over to the girl; listening to what she had to say. He simply shrugged his shoulders, he wouldn't take her money for a few reasons; the main being he didn't wish to get help to pay off his debt. Getting help meant him earning another debt - a debt to a mage? No thank you. That is the worst of the worst. None of his higher factions could compare to a single mage, an illusionist mage at that.

"We can leave whenever you are ready, Mage." The male spoke, nodding. He wouldn't call her by name, they were merely traveling together - they weren't friends, lovers, or even acquaintances. Simpy 'companions'. Surely, the male hated feeling tied to a mage.. given that her presence put a tighter noose on his neck, but, it would make him feel the need to make sure he didn't owe her. Going out on a limb to do something that he wouldn't normal do to even the score. Though, he would keep that complaint to himself. Plus side was that she wasn't a terrible eye sore to look at, only bad part in that is the idea of getting caught would be terrible... that might have him go blind.

Pushing himself up from the ground, his eyes moving to look at the female. "Which do I need to ride?" The male asked lightly, he wasn't afraid of riding any horse.. simply didn't think they'd be all too keen to having him ride either of them. Given they are mage horses and all that fancy jazz. Could prove to be him flying off the horses back with every chance the horse got to do so.. which would most likely be amusing to all three. Not so for Ralin, which would only have him kill the beast.

She paused when he called her Mage, it meant he wasn't keen on getting to personal. It was fine by her though it did sting a bit. Straightening up she patted the saddle that was on Shadow. "You have to ride Shadow. Female Kelpies only accept rides from females she'll try and buck you off or drown you if you get onto her back without a female with you. After all Kepies are meat eating magical water horses, and they especially love humans." she smirked softly.

Then without a word she opened the stall doors and lead both horses out, or rather the horses followed her out without any sort of lead. Kya murmered something to Shadow who seemed to chuckle in a very human like fashion before nodding. They hadn't been planning to trick him or any such thing. She was merely telling him to behave if he wanted that break he'd been hinting at for the past three months. "He's a good one, a bit tempermental at times, but good. You'll have no problem with him I assure you." and she swung onto the back of Siren sitting high in the saddle with an air of elegence about her.

They needed to hurry at this point they were out in the open away from the protective spells of the stable. Of course she was certain he knew this as well. "I'll let you lead the way, I'm not familer with the path to the next city."

Ralin took a breath before getting on the saddle of 'Shadow', the male wasn't afraid of horses. What he was afraid of was this all being some sort of trick.. deceit from the mage, get him to trust her a bit, let his guard down then bam. Off to whoever the hell knows to be brought up on his bounty. "Yeah.." Ralin quickly chimed to her last statement. To begin their journey to Lavinar, least hostile city of them all... two factions that hate him, compared to the normal five to ten in a city that do. Though, only exception is its the Royal Guards to the Princess that hate him... long story short, sleep with the princess... never bothered to return her bird messages. She got pissed. So, the whole town hates him - thankfully though, she didn't get pregnant... well, she did but not with his kid.

Trotting down the road, the male had no real urge to see how fast the horse could go. So far, so good. He didn't do anything to try to make Ralin want to gut him. "Shouldn't be more then nine hours till Lavinar. Thats if we don't get stopped by bandits, travelling factions that wish to behead me, priests, monks, salesmen or even wandering whores." Shrugging his shoulders lightly, "Not saying that I'd be interested in any of those options... seems that on the road with a goal set out, everyone and their mother wishes to have a conversation with you..." Ralin muttered lightly, loud enough for her to hear him.

"Anyways, Mage," The male spoke, turning his head lightly to look at her through his right eye. "Where are you from?" Might as well hold.. minor conversation. If it turns out to be something that isn't enjoyable, he'll simply shut up and ignore her. Normally works every time.

She gave her horse a tap and the mare obdiantly began to follow behind her father. It was pleasent she had to admit if not for the fact she was travelling with one of the most hated men in the Kingdom. Still it had been quite sometime since she had a travelling companion and despite everything she sort of liked him and his impulsive mannerisms.

"I can cast a cloaking charm on us that'll keep us from the site of most average humans if you like. They're simple enough to cast and both Shadow and Siren can hold the enchantment with very little trouble. It'll keep us on sceduale to the first town at least. But then I'll need some time to recharge them. They're on these travelling cloaks here." she reached into her saddle bag and pulled out two black cloaks.

She seemed like she was trying to help, the enchantment was simple and it would make the journey easier. The cloaks just wouldn't hold up in major cities too many charm detectors.

Ralin shook his head, denying her simple request to use cloaks to shadow their appearance. The male didn't need it all that much, he could hide his appearance just fine with the simple cloak he has, without needing her to expend her energy to keep them and the horses cloaked. "We'll be fine, just gotta keep our heads down. Eyes down. Everyone will keep clear because it'll look like we got some plague." Shrugging lightly, the male took in a small breath.

It wasn't hard to tell that she ignored his question of where she was from, guess mages must keep that secret to themselves. "You should save all your energy for when you need it, not on simple tricks on the usual civilians." It was the truth, there were some nasty people after him. If she was to waste some energy on something as simple as cloaking the four of them, that would be that much less she had to use for when it counted.

Scratching at his chin lightly, the male pulled the hood over his head a bit snugger, making sure it concealed most of his face. "So, Kya," The male spoke, might as well get used to saying it. Her probably hearing 'mage' constantly would get old, then she'd probably get a bit grumpy about it. "You look a bit young for a mage. Aren't they all supposed to be old and gray?"

"If you say so." she shrugged and brought her own cloak up and over her head. Kya hadn't answered where she was from because she didn't remember and had no desire to try an remember. Part of the problems with being a mage was when you became one you lost all memory of your average life. She wasn't even completly human anymore, infused with the natural magic of the earth. It was sort of like being inbetween to planes of exsistance.

Nodding her head slightly she let Siren follow her father. It was handy not having to guide her mount. The young mare knew to follow her father, it was just thier mindset on an instictual level. "I suppose you're right. No need wasting my energy on little tricks when I'm probably going to need to be using big tricks in the cities...."

"Common misconception really. Most mages age very, very slowly. The older and gray ones are either hedge wizards or they didn't come into power until they were older. I was awakened when I was 23 so I still look like I'm 23 hair and eye color aside." she had no desire to tell him how old she really was, mainly because she didn't know how old she was anymore. It was best for him to think she was just 23 years of age.

Ralin listened carefully, though, his demeanor showed that it simply fell to deaf ears. That is how he presented himself, his demeanor. If the person who's trying to talk to him, or in general, and it seems that he isn't listening, or paying attention, or even off in his own little world. It was better for the thief, he can hear everything, react to everything accordingly. This demeanor has granted him several statements that gave him insight to where he can get a pay off, big or small. Bringing his hand up to scratch his chin, there was no need to suppose anything; Ralin was right. The male wouldn't shove it in her face and boast about him being right, he simply knew who was after him, why they are after him, and how strong they might be. Her powers are needed at their utmost powerful.

"How long have you been awakened?" Ralin asked after she had finished her statement, it was pretty clear she was older than her appearance gave. Though, something told him he wouldn't get an answer; truthfully one or none at all. "Or is that what you, women, like to do? Never reveal your age to a man? Always attempt to be younger then truthful?" Ralin asked lightly, shaking his head under his cloak, a laugh passing while doing so.

A light sigh passed through his lips, the thief growing silent. Why did it feel wrong to be bringing this woman into his problems? She has much more to do then help a thief, no? 'Snap out of it, Ralin. No time for acts of heroism...' "So, Kya," The male spoke, breaking a light silence that he had caused, "Have you ever done something like this before? Travel with the most notorious thief in the land? Hope it doesn't get too boring on this horse back, the fun will pick up rather quick."

Kya was in her own little world as well. It tended to happen, she'd start trying to remember. It was always a great big blank though, the farthest back she was able to remember was when she woke up after her commune with the elemental spirits. Sort of sucked really, she didn't know if she'd ever had a lover, or maybe even a family. She didn't remember the village where she grew up or her parents and if she had any brothers or sisters. Somtimes if she tried really hard she got brief flashes but they always slipped away. It was one of the reasons she was wandering.

"I honestly don't know." she responded pulling herself from her thoughts. "I don't have much memory beyond waking up from my commune with the elements. I know I was 23 going in but time is such a blur I hardly keep track. I don't even know what year I was awakened in." she shrugged gently. "So it's not a woman thing, it's a mage thing." she laughed softly but it had an edge of sadness to it, it lingered for a moment in the air around her before vanishing once more.

"I can't say I made it one of my goals in life to travel with a notrious thief. Maybe some Gypsies, but never a thief. I have to say it's sort of a nice change, life as a mage can get so dreadfully boring because we live so long. There are only so many things you can do before you've actually done it all. It's a nice change."

Shaking his head lightly, Kya will be regretting those words.

'Its a nice change.'

Ralin simply couldn't help but repeat it over, and over, and over, and over in his head. It would be words she came to wish she had never said, a 'nice change'? If nice happens to be chased around and out of every town, city they came across; hunted mercilessly by a huge number of factions; bounties that pile on top of their heads; and the chance to never sleep for more then four hours.. then, yes, it will be nice a nice change. If not, she would be ready and raring to turn the male in within a heart beat after two weeks of being with him.

Yes, Ralin was only giving her to last two weeks at his side. It wasn't something that would happen all that often, him travel with a companion. They usually ran after the first hour, they've been together for maybe five now. So, he had to take a step up. Simply gave her two weeks, can quit anytime before that. If she hadn't, he surely knew she would come two weeks notice.

Though, Ralin couldn't help but think about his own nice change. "A beach, two large palm trees for shade, a hammock and one nice, large glass of Jabba-Jubba juice. That would be a nice change," The male spoke finally, the lingering silence only being prolonged for a bit more. "First time I thought about that in years.. lounging on the beach, enjoying the cool island breeze without a care in the world." A light sigh passed through his lips, "Only thing to make that better would be female companionship for obvious reasons." The male spoke, laughing lightly.

"Though, day dreams are just that... dreams."

She cocked her head to the side when he suddenly went silent wondering if she'd said something wrong or insulted him. Going over what she said she shrugged not sure what had quieted the thief. Perhaps nice change had been a bit to light for what they were doing. Kya was likily going to gather quite the bounty on her head through the course of this trip. Now all regular bounty hunters knew better then to go after a mage. However mage hunters were a diffrent matter entirely. They were nasty lot of ancient creatures elves and that like that thought humans shouldn't be allowed to use magic. They tended to take bounties that were placed on mages.

"Well maybe you'll get that someday." she responded lightly. "There are all kinds of islands and I bet none of the natives hate you just yet." she teased lightly. "You could easily mesh in with those on Natalian, bunch of thieves and assasians there. It's a dark place but most of them are solos so they don't serve a faction. High crim rate though." She snickered softly because that was a given, the sort of people that lived there needed to have a high crime rate to be happy. She'd visited there a few years back, it was quite nice all things considered.

"I mean I probably wont be the female companion but still." she laughed softly and stroked her horses mane thoughtfully before lapsing into silence once more. It was sort of hard to have a conversation with him because she didn't know him that well. Still with time they'd be talking about anything and everything. "Why do you have so many factions after you?"

"Natalian," Ralin repeated, shaking his head lightly. "They hate me, too. Never stepped foot in there, but, word spreads like wildfire. One ear hears something one place, twists it to tell it another." Shrugging lightly, "Down in Natalian, according to what I hear, I'm a three eyed, one arm bandit who has amassed an army to conquer the lost treasures of Naraub." Shaking his head lightly, twists of rumors were always hilarious to hear. It amused him what could actually be told about him, but, soon as he steps a foot into a place where common idea of 'Ralin' is contorted, it shifts back to look at him. In the end, he is forced to fight or run.

Another silence came around when she asked her question, shaking his head lightly. "Why so many factions hate me...." The male muttered softly, repeating her question to himself. As if he needed to ask himself to remember why.

"Because I am a cheater, a lier, a murderer, cutthroat," Another shrug passing through his shoulders. "I'm a thief, a good one at that.. I merely don't get the item I want, such as what happened with you, at times. Causing my debts to increase drastically." A light sigh passed through his lips, "One lie harms opinion of you for more then one faction; cheating someone, double crossing a faction.. well, that hates you with them and their allies, and those allies-allies."

It was a snowball, starts small only to develop into something massive.

"Oh my." she chuckled softly at the image of him having three eyes and one arm. "That certainly makes you an interesting sort of character dosen't it?" she honestly couldn't figure out why soo many people disliked him. He didn't seem that bad a guy...for a thief. So perhaps she just hadn't see the real him yet? Anyone with so many factions against him, she'd expected a cruel heartless man. In her eyes he wasn't anything like that...just a bit unfortunate maybe.

Yes he was definatly unfortunate poor guy. She frowned slightly "I see, what unfortunate circumstances. I would think with so many factions they'd be fighting one another rather then just you. I mean when it comes to marks, housing and control of the city. They can't all just get along so well..." well at least that's what she figured. Mage factions were always after one another, because the less there was of the opposing elements the more power the other got. Mages were almost constantly at war....

Sighing softly she went silent now wondering what exactly could she tell him? There was no way to comfort someone when every time she said he had another negitive aspect to counteract it. "Well with me helping you I bet things will get better eventually. Mind you they might get worse before they get better, but they will get better."

Ralin shook his head lightly, "I need not to be promised anything, I know the risks coming into this... conjunction together." Shrugging to himself lightly, the male didn't need promises. He needed gold, could she make him gold? Not anything real, but yes, she could. Words were words. Words can be twisted, words can be deceitful. Hell, they can be broken. He wasn't trusting of this girl, simply.. went along. She wasn't someone to obviously mess with, so, he'd keep her at a safe distance until she proved to be friend or foe.

"And truthfully, to your the factions fighting each other," A light breath being sucked into his lips, "They all need a common, real enemy to focus their efforts on instead of killing each other without a justified cause." Shrugging once more, "I am this common enemy amongst most of them... they all have the same goal; capture me, cheat everyone else out for their own personal gain which will bring them back to the unjustified war against each other."

It was... a hero complex in him which is causing him to take so much pressure from over hundred and thirty factions. "If me being that common enemies from killing basic commoners, so be it.. even if its unjust on my end with all the hate, rumors, loathing."

"Call it stupid, call it crazy.. I may be a bad guy, but, I do have a heart." A light laugh passed through his lips, "Simply rather be a goal for every faction across the land. If not, common folk are killed in the crossfire of factions raging war on another. If taking me down happens to unite every faction in the lands to chase me, fine. Least people are being saved from heartbreak of losing their family."

Shaking his head a bit, the male looked back, "Sorry.. guess I got a bit... too talkative there."

Kya was blown away by the reasoning behind what he did. It was quite honorable in an odd twisted way. Have all the factions after him so they didn't fight amougst one another like they were prone to do. Still it was also very foolish, there had to be a better way to go about it the purposly pissing off so many powerful people. The mage couldn't help but smile slightly at the goodness that lay buried in his heart. It was hard to dislike him at that point.

"I like it when your talkative." she murmered. "You're really not as bad as you claim to be are you. Sure it's not the smartest thing in the world, but you're doing a good thing Ralin." and she went silent not wanting to ruin the rather soft moment by starting another fight with him soo soon. She would figure out a way to fix this if it killed her while still keeping the factions at peace with one another. No one deserved to suffer as much as he seemed to be suffering.

Blah.

Thats how the male felt. He wasn't good. He wasn't a 'hero' in disguise. Ralin was bad, very bad. He's done stuff for his personal gain, against those very people who hate him yet are killed in faction warfare. So, why did he do it? Henry. Thats why. A light sigh passed through his lips, the male growing quiet, losing himself in his thoughts. It was unfortunate to what had happened, Henry was a young boy. He was an easy target with his pouch full of gold that his parents gave him for his fourteen birthday. All Ralin had to do was grab the pouch without being noticed, run off and that was it. The boy would be heart broken, not dead.

But, like things in the alleyway with Kya, things don't go the way they are supposed to. Ended up being chased by the little kid, only for him to take an arrow to the chest for Ralin, allowing him to escape. "I am bad, that is just one good trait I hold to my heart." Shaking his head lightly, "Come on, we got a lot of riding to do. Lets pick up the pace a bit." He didn't want to talk anymore, just sulk in his thoughts till they arrived at their destination.

( Just keep your next reply short. I'll have them arrive in their next destination. Need to find what name it was first. >.> )

((I don't remember lol))

Kya sighed softly and gave her head a shake of disbelief. He was a stubborn one wasn't he? Trying to pretend he was bad and heartless when he did what anyone would do to survive. It was human nature, if one wanted something bad enough they'd do anything to get it. What he was shooting for was peace in he's own way. Sure he went about it in an unusual way but he truely was a kind soul who just suffered unfortunate circumstances.

( I do! ^^ )

The remaining trip to Lavinar was quiet, a few comments here and there about the passing people, surrounding area. Maybe a warning here and there. Simply saying to keep their eyes open, who knew what lived in woods. Other wise, it was peaceful silence for the male. Probably awkward tensions for the girl, but, that wasn't any of his concern, really. Ralin simply wanted to focus on getting to where he needed to go, nothing else.

Dismounting from the horse, "Get off, quickly," The male urged Kya as he approached her horse, "Send them away, quickly.. or they become Lavinar's horses." The male spoke, helping her down from the horse. Lavinar didn't allow anyone to travel in on horse if they were traveling through. They took your horse, made you pay an outrageous price to get it back or force you to buy one of their's.

Standing in front of the girl, the male pulled her hood over her head, she needed to have her face hidden. Any potential beauty that may come off as them being a bit more beautiful then the Queen, they are killed.. ruthlessly, in front of public. "Just need to hide your beautiful face," The male spoke, smiling lightly. "Don't want you to be stabbed repetitively in the open from guards coming at every angle." Ralin spoke, his smile holding true through the potential compliment he had just given her. A light sigh passed through his lip, turning his back to her, "Just stay close, everything should be fine..." Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom