Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I dunno what you'd call this.

I don't really consider it a poem, but more just an expression of thoughts.

Stagnant lives, breeding grounds for lies. Every day, another part of you dies. In every corner of Earth, a child cries. Our pool of compassion slowly dries. Ease our pain with alcohol and drugs. We are infected, overrun with bugs. Glitches in the system? Ha! The glitches ARE the system! Failed in our noble mission. What is the decision? Force-feed false information. Lead the cattle to damnation. We are become an abomination. I am so cold, so empty and hollow. Yet I refuse to comply and follow. Are you content with all of it? Content with all the bullshit? Tell me now, who are you to say? What should go, what should stay? Tell me how you think it'll end. What are you willing to spend? And so I walk my separate way. I've got nothing more to say. Except I'll remain me, stay the same. I have no regret, no shame

Like it, hate it, let me know.

DamningTheHeavens said:
We are become(ing) an abomination.

I would consider this a poem simply because you use rhyme. And personally I think rhyming, although it does take some talent, just sounds poorly written. Your poem was written rather well though. I believe it would be better received spoken than read since I had to read it a few times to understand it, but that's just me. I like the stab at 'the man', whether tha be your boss, the government, ect, and the fact that you rose above. The description was well written. Overall very good. I wouldn't mind reading more from you. ^.^

actually, we are become an abomination, I believe, is correct, but thank you. It was more a stab at society. I may post more

Back
Top Bottom