Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Arranged Marriage Ordeal (Midori and Mu Halim)

"I read what I like when I like, and no one will tell me otherwise. Now get off my bed and out of my room." Alanna narrowed her eyes, frowning at the ruining of her sheets. She didn't move, and her features seemed hard as stone. She ignored his apparent arousal. "You have a great deal yet to learn about the women of Navarra if you think that I am going to answer to your beck and call and cater to your every whim. Women are not the servants nor the property of their husbands." Alanna had to fight off the overwhelming urge to strike him.

Rimo's eyes narrowed. "Defiance... that's something no Taltan man is accustomed to, much less their prince. The story you've left for me has gotten my creativity soaring. Alanna, would you remove your clothes so that I may see the secrets of your body?" He began to undo his armor, unstrapping the sides and letting the chest armor fall off into the ground, the man removing his shoulders quickly as well. "If we are to be married, and you are to be my wife... I repeat... MY wife... why wouldn't we get better acquainted with each other's nature?"

"You are no longer in Talta, and you'd best learn now that I am no Taltan woman to be own and ordered about." Alanna was moving backward now, stepping out of the room as he undid his armor. "I'm not undressing for you. We are not yet married! And even if we were married, I would not belong to you." The young woman turned on her heel and ran immediately from the room, entering the throne room where her father and Siphos were still talking. "Father! I demand something be done. He is in my room, taking off his clothes and demanding to see me without mine. He speaks to me as if I am his property." Aaron turned his attention to Siphos, an eyebrow raised and a dark frown on his lips.

Siphos looked about as happy as Alanna and Aaron were. "I..." His palm pushed against the skin of his face. "My young princess, I apologize for his behavior. Would you lead me to this bedroom so I may straighten him out. Surely he is confused and overwhelmed by the procedure of things. Allow me to speak to him." He seemed upset as well, what was his idiot son thinking?

Rimo didn't move, the tent did manage to fade away through conversation, but he was still quite comfortable without his armor on.

Alanna led both the kings down the hall to her chambers, where she'd left her betrothed. She pushed the door open and entered, followed by both kings. Aaron was muttering under his breath, obviously frustrated by the actions of the prince.

"Ah. King Aaron... and Father, you too?" He answered, still quite comfortable on her bed.

"Damn it! Rimo! You were brought up better than this! You fool, you'll ruin the plans we Kings had in place? Plans to make everyone's futures so much brighter?"

Rimo shrugged. "You are both Kings. Powerful Kings of powerful nations. She is a gorgeous... and I mean... gorgeous princess, heiress to Navarra... a country full of fresh water, vegetables... culture... the embodiment of Navarra fits her nicely. I am the future king of Talta... the strongest country known in our vast continent... and you excpect me to marry this beautiful goddess... without... first... testing... the properties of her love? Kings... you both know you didn't marry your Queen's without first taking a look under the curtain, a peek under the blanket. I wish to engage with my partner tonight. So if you would... both of you... go away, I have activities to engage in."

Siphos couldn't believe it. It was easy to see that this was all Rimo's doing. Was he opposed to the coalition?

Alanna's mouth fell open, and she had to cover her face to avoid showing the shock and dismay on her face. Aaron looked from Rimo to Siphos and back again, and Alanna was now standing behind her father. "Surely you do not imply that either your father or I failed to respect our Queen's maidenhead before marriage. You will not be permitted to treat Alanna in such a way; the combining of our people in this union is essential to protecting both our countries, and you will not make this any more difficult than it already is." Aaron's face was marked by a dark frown, and he waited for Siphos to speak again to his son.

"Rimo, get out of Lady Alanna's bedroom. You are embarrassing me. If I had another son, you'd be out of the picture here for sure."

Rimo stood up collecting his armor, begining to walk out. "Navarra accept this treaty so they would not fall to Talta's domination. A smart move, King Aaron." He added, butting shoulders with both him and Siphos as he exited.

"It's going to happen either way. I want you all to soak it in. One day, everything here will belong to me, and I'll dismantle it. I'll let Alanna work Navarra while I return to Talta. And she will come to obey me. You signed a contract with a devil when you came to this alliance, King Aaron. You sold your daughter in her entirety, to me." He exited and returned to the room Alanna had showed him. He exhaled deeply, putting his head against the wall. "I want to break things up here... but I don't want them at war. The woman can't stand me, what am I wasting my only youth for?"

Siphos didn't know what to say. He looked away in shame, "My Lady, I... I apologize for my son's behavior... I am certain that I have a high noble, a nephew perhaps, who can take Rimo's place... that boy should not be let out of Talta on his own accord. He's ruining our plans." He swallowed looking at Aaron, "We can leave this place if you wish. Or..." He turned back to Alanna, "I can beg you, beg you..." He got onto one knee, "... deal with him. Hold your ground and don't give into him. I know my son. He is not like this... he has nothing against you, but he hates being told what to do. Please, if you will have us, please set my son straight. This marriage is larger than you two. This marriage is larger than us four. I also know... I know for a fact, that in time, my son can make any woman very happy, even you, My Lady."

Alanna closed her eyes, trying not to show her anger and frustration with the young man who'd been brought to marry her. She turned to her father to protest the marriage, but Aaron was already speaking to Siphos. "You and I both know that unless our children wed and consummate their union, our people will never accept the union of our two countries, and with both our nations growing so powerful, enemies will certainly attempt to divide them. We must find a way to make it work."

"I fear your son's arrogance and hatred for this union will cause many problems. I cannot become the property of a man, even your son, for it is not the way of Navarra. If their Queen becomes nothing but the property of a man, it will set a bad precedent here, and I cannot allow that." Alanna opened her eyes, looking down at Siphos with soft but determined eyes; she spoke with wisdom that seemed uncommon for a young woman. "Your Majesty, I am aware of the need for this union, for both our people's sakes. If it is in my power, I will work to make this possible, though it seems that your son is unwilling to do so."

"Good... good. If you're willing to work with my son... we have a chance of making this work. Please excuse me while I speak to my son. Lady Alanna, Your Majesty." He said, bowing his head to them respectively before exiting.

Haldor, an advisor of both Alanna and more importantly, King Aaron entered as Siphos exited. The man had a bad habit of eavesdropping, but usually had remedies to most problems. "My King, I believe it may be time to reconsider the options. Yes, Talta is powerful, but the young heir of Seel has shown signs of willingness to join hands with Princess Alanna. I hear that Prince Karmet is near the borders of Seel as we speak. They are the third most powerful nation behind Talta and ourselves. Perhaps this is a better course of action. We can try to fix things with the Taltans by other means. If we join with Seel, we would surpass them in power anyway.

Seel, Navarra and Talta were the three superpowers. There were other countries scattered, but these three held the most power and land by far. Karmet however, had been trying to marry Alanna for over two years. His urgency seemed out of place, and there are some rumors which make him seem like a dangerous individual. Haldor however, insisted. "It's just food for thought. I'd like nothing more than to see our lady in the arms of a deserving husband, happy and without regrets."

Aaron turned immediately to face Haldor, a dark frown on his face. "I've said a thousand times, I have no desire to my daughter in the arms of that overeager man. There is something terribly off about Karmet's eagerness." Alanna had no desire to marry Karmet because he was repulsively arrogant and Seel's customs were sometimes archaic and terribly sexist. In Seel a wife had no rights, and to be married was to become little more than a slave. Haldor was well aware of those customs. "No, Haldor, we will go through with the treaty with Talta."

"As you say, my King... I was but trying to remedy a serious poison I'm seeing spreading. Lord Rimo is not fit to marry her Highness." He said, crossing his arms. He was always quite open with the King, sometimes he was punished verbally, other times ignored. Once in a blue moon, his words were quite valuable...

"What the hell is wrong with you son? Have you not seen who've I've given to you? She's a beautiful woman! Any lord in your postition would give organs to be in her company, let alone marry her!"

Rimo smiled and raised his hands. "That's okay father. I don't want to marry her. I know that she isn't a bad woman to look at, but my future isn't going to be wasted on a treaty that will end in a few years."

"Fool! This treaty is the way of our futures! Talta and Navarra will be able to work together for as long as it exists. You have a duty to uphold. You are my son, and sons do as their fathers say. If I have to knock sense into you, I will. If I have to drop you into unconciousness and say I do for you, I will!"

Rimo sighed. "I want to have sex with her then. Tonight."

Siphos' hand came to his own face as he grunted. "Why can't you wait until you are married?"

"I want her now." He shrugged. She was beautiful, why wouldn't a man want to do that?

"Come back with me, apologize and let's get things back on track son."

"Very well father. Hopefully by now, she hates me too much and won't want to marry me either way..."

"And put your armor on, fool!"

In roughly ten minutes, the father and son had returned to Alanna's bedroom, Rimo returning with still a slick grin on his face, Siphos trying to look honestly apologetic.

"I apologize for all this Lady Alanna. I believe my son has something to say to you..."

Rimo smirked and bowed his head deeply, "I apologize for my actions, Lady Alanna. I let my wishful thinking of how I'd ravish you in our future get the better part of me. I shall keep my bedtime fantasies at bay, that is, until you and I are wed, at which I'll look to make every single one of them a reality. With your consent, of course... My Lady..."

Back
Top Bottom