Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This quote...

Neon Boy

Supernova
Its a quote written by Stephen King, said by a character in his book called 'The Stand'.

The quote is thus. "This is the curse of the human race. Sociability. What Christ should have said was "Yea, verily, whenever two or three of you are gathered together, some other guy is going to get the living shit knocked out of him."

The second part to it is as follows after a brief interlude of an enter space on a typewriter/a new paragraph.

"Shall I tell you what sociology teaches us about the human race? I'll give it to you in a nutshell. Show me a man and a woman alone and i'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent tge charming thing we call "society." Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent Prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been in the image of God, but the human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home."

This thread should be stickied...<.< in case I remember more phylosphical quote's.

Basic human and carnal instincts, all entwined within the need for human survival.

We go to war for Religious and Racial reasons - mainly. However, when a fear comes into being that one populace outweighs another, a war will start because of the basic necessities that humans need which is the resources to live. Food to sustain us and land to give us shelter. Its also a form of Dominance, the need to know who is the Alpha and who holds supreme power.

Sex - do I really have to explain it? Its a driven need to reproduce to keep mankind alive. Plus, seriously, just plain ecstasy if you know how to do it right.

Food and sleep.

Free will - its our blessing of curses. Its gives us the ability to know good from evil and the choice to know which one we will be. It also gives us the knowledge of faith and that there is some Divine Deity out there watching over us. Our rather, it gives us faith for we know that there is something that we should fear and there is somewhere after death.

"Who ever said the birds were free? If they had no branch to land on, even they would regret having wings. True freedom is having a home to return to."

I'd consider this familiar movie quote to be one of my favorites and a personal matra of my own.

"All I have in this world are my balls and my word and I don't break 'em for no one."
-Tony Montana getting into Alejandro Sosa's face about something from the movie Scarface.

Back
Top Bottom