Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Master of the Keep (Kolath/butterfly0408)

He smiled as they both fell asleep in his arms. â??And I love you Laine, and our new daughter.â? He stroked her hair lightly smiling as she moved a little pressing into her fatherâ??s touch. â??My Little Serafina.â? He held them both stroking both their hair softly smiling at the way both of them seemed to react to his touch. The night passed on and he just sat there watching the two women he loved more than the whole world, he kissed Laineâ??s hair smiling and soon joining her in sleep.

He didn't get to much sleep however before he was awakened by the cries of a baby and the stirring of his Laine in his arms, "Shhh, Serafina, shhh, it's alright. Mommy's here. You want something to eat?" Laine had sat up in his arms and started to rock the crying baby to try and calm her crying, but it did little good. Then she tried to hold her to her breast for another feeding and while the baby latched on for a brief moment, she unlatched herself from it once again, fisted her hand, and quite literally punched Laine in the chest in protest before starting to wail again. Laine was in distress herself. What was wrong with her baby? What could sooth her?

Kolath heard the cries and he was quickly awake. Leaning down he gently took Serafine from her motherâ??s arms. His hand brushed lightly over his daughterâ??s cheek whispering softly. He recognized what was going on almost instantlyâ?¦his daughter was a natural mage and her magic was roiling inside her not having the ability to release it yet, the same thing had happened to him and many other mages. His eyes looked into his daughterâ??s for a moment as he started to softly sing a song that was from the old tongue its power was that to calm magic. He held his daughter with one arm still singing as he slipped the other around the love of his life.

Laine looked on in fear as she watched Kolath go into action and start to sooth the baby. The way she squirmed in his arms at first frightened Laine greatly. "Kolath, what is it? What is wrong with her?" Laine reached up to stroke Serafina's head while Kolath sang to her. Both mommy and daddy with her seemed to be enough to calm her down to only light fusing. "Kolath, what is it? Please tell me."

He smiled his hand brushing over his daughters head lightly then moving over and hugging his love. â??Its ok my dear it is just something that children that can use magic go through.â? He kissed her head lightly. â??The magic inside her body it growing a developing just the same way she isâ?¦its worst in the first few days after birthâ?¦it will settle down and its nothing that can harm her.â? he nuzzling into Laineâ??s head smiling and holding his daughter lightly.

Laine still had a look of motherly concern on her face even as she reached her hand up to her daughter and brushed her fingers over her little cheek as well, nuzzling closer to Kolath. "You are sure this is normal? One hundred percent?" She sighed a little, "I'm sorry. I am just being overly protective, I know. But I just... I worry about her. This place," she looked around the room and it was clear she spoke of the whole keep, "It's not exactly the most child friendly place. It certainly has not been a friendly place for me thus far. She's only a baby."

Kolath smiled nodding assuring Laine that this was normal for magic sensitive babies. He leaned over kissing her hair, â??I know this hasnâ??t been the most welcoming place Laineâ?¦I mean it started off with me raping youâ?¦â? he hung his head down in shame sighing deeply as Sarafine settled and started falling asleep again. â??This place has changed since I made it and I do not know what may be lurking here but I do know that I will never let any of it hurt you or Sarafineâ?¦not again.â? He looked into her eyes a look of pain, regret, and determination in them.

She was still filled with a motherly instinct to worry, but at least Kolath's words helped ease her might just a bit. If only a bit. And she felt safe. Safe in his arms. Just like the baby, she started to drift back into sleep. Nuzzling closer to Kolath, she sighed a little and closed her eyes, speaking without really thinking first, "I wish my family could see how happy I am. That they could see my sweet baby and my sweet lover..."

He smiled his hand brushing her hair. â??They can if you wantâ?¦â? he wasnâ??t thinking clearly but he wanted her happy in every way. â??There is more than enough room for a very large family in this tower just in the areas I know will be safe without having to check and even more after I do some cleaning out.â? He leaned in kissing her hair. â??If you want to go out and see them you can love.â?

Her eyes drifted open just a moment before she shut once again, a smile crossing her lips, "I would love that Kolath. Mmmm, I will go as soon as I am recovered to bring them here to meet you. My family." A few moments later, she was just as asleep in Kolath's arms, "My family..."

He smiled brushing her hair and lightly laying Sarafine who had fallen asleep again between them resting on both her parents. He kissed Laineâ??s hair lightly smiling and nuzzling in closer his arms just holding her as the night started to take him to sleep again. It felt so good to be with this woman again but he knew that he still had a lot of patching up to do with her despite her welcoming him back so quickly.

It was a month later before Laine was cleared by Shera are recovered enough to leave the keep for her little visit. She was absolutely thrilled as she made herself ready. It had been nearly a year since she saw her family last. Hell, since she saw the outside of the keep even! With Kolath and the baby watching nearby, Laine was picking out something to wear. She wanted to make and impression upon her family. Something inside her told her that they were not going to take the news that she had fallen in love with the master of the mysterious keep and had his love child well. She needed to prove to them it was exactly what she wanted.

Smiling towards Kolath as she watching him play with Serafina, a part of her wished that they could come with her. But for this first time, it was best she go and break the ice alone. There was plenty of time for her families to meet later.

"I think I'm just about ready," she said as she came towards Kolath, sitting next to him on the bed and leaning down to kiss Sera on the forehead. "Wish me luck and see me out?" she asked him as she leaned in to give him a kiss as well.

Kolath watched his love dress really enjoying the familiar sights of her body but ones he hadnâ??t partaken in for quite some time something that he would need to fix now that Sara was not as attached to her mother as she had been.

He smiled looking at her as she came over and sat next to the two of them. He smiled kissing her back slightly growling a little, â??Good luck my love you will do fine.â? He smiled brushing a hair back from her face and then picked up Sara who latched onto his neck as they walked to the door which was already slightly open for her. â??I sent Tobias out ahead of you to make sure there were no wild animals around to hurt you.â? Tobias was a wolf that had once been awakened(became as intelligent as a human) by his mage master and now had little to go back to since the destruction of magic.

Giving her Kolath one last kiss before resting her hand on her baby's cheek, leaning in to give Serafina a little kiss upon her cheek. "Be a good girl while mommy is gone. Enjoy daddy time." Sera gave her little smile she had learned to give mommy and daddy when she was happy and made a little sound like a small, short, laugh before pounding her little fist on Kolath.

The smile on Laine's face was so bright as she left with a wave...

Two hours later, when she came back thought the doors of the keep, that bright smile was gone. Replaced but a frown and eyes red from crying. Shutting the door behind her, she never would leave again. There was only rejection and pain outside. This place was her home now.

She went in search of her baby and her lover. She needed to hold them both and kiss them both, desperately.

Sera and Kolath were out in the garden. Kolath stood over his young daughter who had found a pixe and was finding it the most fascinating thing that she had ever seen. The small woman was dancing for the child using her magic to make flowers and garlands for her. chuckling lightly Kolath smiled down at the two knowing that already his daughter was able to speak to the pixe he could feel the mental communication passing as Sera learned about the world. He heard the door open and he could almost feel the dark of despair as he turned and looked at Laine.

The sight of her daughter and the pixie instantly lightened the weight on her heart. Then the thought that her family would never be able to see this beautiful light sight put the weight on it once more. Trying not to upset her baby, she slowly crossed the garden to stand next to Kolath, wrapping on her her arms around his waist and resting her head on his shoulder. Sera took a moment away from the pixie to look up at her mother and smile, happy she was home. She seemed to point her little hand at the pixie a moment, wanting mommy to see it as well it seemed. She smiled, at little Sera but could not even say anything to her baby. The moment Sera looked away, attention back to the pixie again, Laine's face sank and she had to turn it into Kolath's side for comfort.

His arm never left her after she came over next to him. when she finally buried her face in his shoulder he looked back at Shera. who was always nearby, and motioned to the baby. Nodding the time spirit came over and started watching and playing with the pixe and the baby. Kolath led Laine back into the tower kitchen sitting her down and getting her a drink. â??Want to talk Laine?â?

Laine took the cup from him as she sat at the counter, "They don't want anything to do with us. Said that this place, this tower is a place to demons and dark magic. That you were the devil on earth and that Sera..." it was so hard to repeat all they had said. It was so horrible. "That Sera was the spawn of satan and that I should throw her from the highest point of the tower. I couldn't believe it! I thought they would support me, but they... they disowned me..."

His arms slipped around her from behind as he leaned in close nuzzling her hair and neck lightly. He had been afraid that would be what happened but he had hoped against hope that somehow they would understand. His hands brushed up and down her sides as he sighed kissing her neck crying softly. â??Iâ??m sorry Laineâ?¦I wish I could help.â? He thought for a secondâ?¦â?I could do something with magic my love if you wantâ?¦though you and Sera would probably need to live out in the village to keep other people from wondering.â?

"No!" Her response was swift and passionate, "Never! I am not ever leaving you! I will never take our child from you! Never Kolath! I love you!" She turned and stood, running her hands over his face, "I could bare to be without you."

He looked up into her eyes his hands slipping around her waist pulling her close. He was crying as he leaned in close nuzzling her neck. â??Laine I want you happy thatâ??s all I can ever want.â? He kissed her lips deeply pulling her close enough that she would have to crawl into the chair with him or they would both fall over.

Laine had kissed him a few times since his return but those were only small pecks here and there compared to this moment with him. Slipping her arms around his neck, she moved to sit upon his lap in the chair, sighing into the kiss before pulling back and whispering, "You and Sera ARE what makes me happy. Nothing in the world makes me happier."

He smiled nuzzling against her lips happily. â??Thank you Laineâ?¦that means the world to me.â? His hands rubbed over her back slowly, one moving up to cup the back of her neck the other low around her waist as he held her close. He couldnâ??t believe how good it felt to hold her again. He sighed lightly looking into her eyes. â??Laine Iâ?¦Iâ??m so sorry about leaving you all that time.â?

"Shh," she whispered as she raised her finger to his lips, "Don't talk about that right now Kolath. Not right now." She lowered her lips to his once more, giving him a few more long, deep kisses, before she smiled and pulled back, "You know... with Shera watching the baby... and me with the seal of approval for my health and all..." she started to nip suggestively at his neck then.

Kolath looked up into her eyes biting his lip softly feeling like he really needed to say more to her about this. The thought vanished from his mind when she started to lightly nip at his neck. All the needs of the past ten months came swarming back over him. his hands brushed up her back one slipping into her long blonde hair pulling her close as he leaned down kissing her neck. â??Are you sure my love?â?

Back
Top Bottom