Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pirate Epic (Kolath/butterfly0408)

Conner said nothing simply nodding and gently pushing past Thea heading up onto the main deck going to help Ralph. His mind was in a bit of shock as he worked no knowing what to think. He had just revealed his darkest secret to Amelia and she had said nothing giving no reaction at all. It had hurt since he had been kicking himself for years for not having tried to do more and he now assumed that she thought so too.

Amelia was a bit nervous. Was Thea going to ask about what had just happened between them? Amelia didn't even know what it was. She was so confused and just needed to talk with Connor more about it. How she missed him as soon as he left the room. She was truly falling in love with the man.

Thea came and sat next to Amelia on the bed, a very serious expression on her face, "I wanted to talk to you before you left the ship. Woman to woman. Connor doesn't understand some things because he is a man. He doesn't see things like we do and.... I wanna prepare you. Women on this island are not treated fairly. The strong become prostitutes because they want to survive. The weak are slaves that do what they are told because they want to survive. You are going to see horrible things in the streets. Men will say things to you. They will try and touch you when Connor is not looking. Especially since you are not yet wed and they know you are still a maiden. You need to stay with Connor... all the time. Never leave his side in public and do whatever he tells you to at ALL times, no matter what it is. He will protect you, but if there is ever a time when he can't... you have to do anything to protect yourself. Do you understand Amelia?"

She listened the whole time, taking it all in. Perhaps she just needed to hear it from a woman's point of view for it was much of what Connor had tried to tell her, but it wasn't real until she heard the words from from Thea's mouth. She nodded, "I do. Thank you."

"Hey, what are sisters for?" Thea smiled at her and took her hand, rising and urging her to follow," Come on, the boys should not be kept waiting...." Soon both woman came topside again, locating Connor, Thea walked Amelia to her. She noticed the small bad of items in her hands. "Well first thing is first Connor my fellow. You're fiance is going to need a few things to call her own. You're bachelor pad has not woman's touch. Go take her into town and buy her some things. Clothing, and such. And I think you should buy her anything and everything she wants. After the trip she's been through, the girl deserves to be spoiled a bit." Thea smiled to them both before departing and leaving them to their own tasks while she went about her own. Really just things to kill time before that night with Ralph.

Ralph had just about had enough with Conner and the way he was acting and had come over to him. â??Alright whatâ??s up?â?

Conner just shook his head continuing to work not wanting to talk about it or truly knowing what was going on.

Ralph stopped him and forced him to look him in the eye, â??Its Amelia, you got into a fight about somethingâ?¦â? he looked around the deck for Thea and not noticing her asked, â??Thea with her?â?

Conner nodded,

Ralph smiled and took the younger boys shoulders in his arms. â??Alright here is what you do. What ever Thea says is the right thing to do whatever it is it will make things easier to talk about or clear the air totally. So just do it knowing that.â?

Conner nodded again and at that moment Thea and Amelia came onto deck. As Thea told Conner to take Amelia shopping he couldnâ??t help but close his eyes and smile shaking his head a little. â??It would be.â? There was no disgust or anything in his voice over acceptance of what had to be done, and he was ever looking forward to spending that much time with Amelia off the ship.

As Thea left Conner looked over at Amelia and held out his hand for her smiling. â??We are going to be ok right?â?

Amelia looked at his hand a moment before looking up at his face and ever so slightly smiling. That kind of smile that meant that things would be alright. As she took his hand, she nodded lightly, "I think so. I mean... I really hope so." Her hand held onto his tight. She was still a little afraid. But, this time not of him. Her eyes looked out over the town a moment as she stepped a little closer to him, "You'll look out for me, right?"

Conner took her hand and held onto it gently and slowly started walking toward the gang plank with her. he looked out over the town as she asked if he would look out for her. turning back to her his hand brushed over her cheek softly. â??I will protect you with my life.â? he stepped a little closer his other hand resting on her arm. â??As long as I live and am by your side I will protect you.â?

'And what if you die?' she suddenly thought to herself, just barely stopping herself from saying it out loud. The suddenness of the thought coming over her sent a blush running over her cheeks. What made her think that? Well, perhaps because it was the fear the truly lay under the surface. What would become of her should death part them? She shut her eyes tight a moment and tried to push that thought from it. But it was there now and it would plague her ever now and again from now on. "Thank you," she whispered to him, trying to cover herself once more.

He smiled to her and slowly moved to the gang plank still holding her hand. â??Come let me show you my world. It isnâ??t shining shimming or splendid but it is home for me.â? He turned to her smiling up at her as he slowly back down the gang plank, â??And there are a lot of things for me to buy for my princess.â?

Ameila had done her best to grin and bear the time in the port with Connor, but it was just as Thea had warned her. This place was not made for a lady. Drunks in the streets everywhere you looked. Dirty, filthy pirates all eyeing her as she passed. She grasped Connor's hand even harder then and pulled herself close to him. It kept a most at bay though it didn't stop a few from making lude gestures at her when Connor's gaze was turned away. When he took her to a dress shop to get some clothing, the attire the offered clearly showed what these men thought a woman's place was for there was nothing that didn't force a woman's breasts to be placed on display or show far to much of her legs. She did her best to look content in front of Connor and pick out a few things that would be the least revealing before they went on their way.

The few women she say along the way were just as Thea warned. Half of them acted just as lude and vile as the men while the other half looked like they wanted just to die. What group would Amelia end up in?

In truth Conner was just as revolted by all this as Amelia was. The only reason he had stopped at the dress shop was to drop off a order for some finer clothes. Whenever they captured a ship any of the finer and more decent dresses were quickly disposed of, but Conner knew that the lady that ran the shop kept some in back and Conner wanted to see what she would have, that might fit Amelia.

He led Amelia through the dirty streets and slowly higher. The houses began to thin as they started to climb a gentle slope up a uncommonly used road. Finally they arrived at the top of a small hill it had a lovely view of the sea to the east. To one side was a small house just one story but it looked a little cleaner. â??Welcome to my place, my lady.â?

Amelia simply nodded her understanding. She had been very quiet the whole while, keeping and responses she needed to give to just a few words. Most of the time it was simply just 'yes' or 'no.' In this case, her only reply was a quiet, "Thank you..."

Conner could see something wasnâ??t right with Amelia and he slowly walked over to her wrapping his arms around her. â??I know that the town in not a pleasant place but that is why I have my place so far out from it.â? he softly kissed her neck. â??Will you be ok?â?

Amelia didn't know. Didn't know what to say. Didn't know what to do. Didn't really know if she was going to be okay or not. She was about to say so as well as she turned to face him. One look at him and how she could tell he worried over her and she didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. She just cracked the best smile she could with her heavy heart and was able to force out a meek, "Of course..."

Conner could read her and smiled leaning in and softly kissing her lips. â??We will make this work Amelia. Just tell me what you need and I will go get it. you never have to leave this place again.â? He motioned out toward the view, â??I tried to pick a place that could hide the dirt and vileness of the world that is here but its not much.â?

How could she tell him that never leaving this place again was the whole problem. What was she suppose to do? When he sailed off on the ship with Thea and Ralph, the only others that watched out for her... what would happen to her? She'd be at the will of every piece of slime on this island. Who would be there with her, to protect her from the pirates beating down the doors? She shuttered at the thought and lowered her head, a whimper escaping her lips which she quickly tried to cover, "May we go inside? I'm chilly." Which was silly since it was still hot out.

Conner caught the small whimper and nodded as she tried to cover it up. â??I understand it can get cold up here in the wind.â? He turned to the house holding the door open for her wanting to try and make it as easy as he could for her. he closed the door behind her his hand brushing over her shoulders. â??Would you like some tea?â?

She gave a light nod as she looked around the simple house that was to be her new home, "Yes, tea would be very pleasant." Looking about she started to take note of a few things. She had to learn some things. Like how to cook, how to clean. All the things a princess was never taught to do for herself. Amelia had a long road ahead of her.

Conner worked around the house quickly making some tea. He sat with Amelia for some time and gently stroked her arm. â??I will do what ever you need me to so that this is easier Amelia.â? He stood and nodded to the bed, â??Do you want to sleep alone or should I join you?â?

The last of the crew was finally off the ship and Ralph was alone with Thea. He came up behind her kissing her neck smirking and then looking up at the crows nest. â??Mmm come with me my love I have always wanted to do something with you.â? He started up the rigging.

"Join me," she said without hesitation. If there was one thing she didn't want, it was to ever feel like she as alone in this place.

Thea stood smiling at the bottom of the rigging, watching him climb, admiring the view she got for a moment before she started up after him. "And what exactly is that? You don't mean for us to really go to work while we are on board the ship, do you? If so then I was reading and entirely wrong message earlier."

Ralph smirked not saying anything as he climbed up to the crows nest. He reached down taking her hand to help her up in as the one in the crows nest always did. â??Oh no my love trust me work is the last thing on my mind.â? He waited till she was safe behind the railing then turned her around point out to the last rays of sun and wrapping his arms around her. â??This is what I had in mind.â?

Thea smiled and snuggled herself back against, watching the sun set beyond the sea with him. She sighed, content, "This is good. This is very good indeed. Mmm, I have never seen the sunset from here before. At lease not with someone so special to me."

Ralph smiled holding Thea gently kissing her neck, his hands moved up to rub over her sides as he started to nibble at her neck. â??Mmm nor have I my love.â? He smirked gently grazing his teeth over her pulse. â??Who would have thought that the first mate of a pirate ship could be this much of a romantic sap hmm?â? he was smirking as he said it.

He smiled nuzzling closer still kissing her neck and nibbling softly. â??Mmm so that would make you a lady in pirateâ??s clothing?â? he smirked his hand moving toward the sash she always wore. â??Well at least in it at this moment.â?

She sighed, gazing off at the setting sun, not noticing where his hands were working their nimble fingers, "No, I'm not lady. I don't know what I am, but a lady is certainly not it. So if it's a lady you seek... best look somewhere else."

He stopped and sighed gently turning her around in his arms to face him. â??I donâ??t want a lady per se I want you. No matter what you are.â? He leaned in kissing her deeply his hands brushing down her arms. â??I love you Thea, and you are a lady in every way that is important. â??

Back
Top Bottom