Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jesus is coming, and he needs to know,

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Do you spit, or swallow?

I get to be offensive here. Fun.

I probably should have been more insistent about giving Blue Moon a hand. DRP is apparently still looking for a host and they have not so much as bothered to consult me about what hosts to use. They are on some Choopa.com reseller called Unlimited MB.

Have you ever even USED ULMB before!?

Uh, no. I don't deal with resellers. I prefer to deal directly with the people who handle the physical hardware I'm hosting my sites on, thanks. If I have a problem, I want to be able to talk to the person who is touching my machine. If that sounds dirty, it should, because anyone who touches my machine is having hot geek sex with it. And I would like to know if it's rape or the sweet sweet loving it deserves.

I don't hold grudges, but I'm only willing to extend a hand for so long and this looked to be the place that the majority are flocking to. If someone else can guarantee a 250 member minimum and is willing to follow at least the bare conditions I set for this place, I am willing to host them too. Blue Moon on darkbb had close to 300, so...

Make the best of it.

Glad you let us know that miss Ducky : )

I was toying with the idea of using SMF 2 here (as I plan to move Elliquiy to in the next few months). I wanted to see how phpbb3 ran on a semi-active forum though, so you all get to be my guinea pigs >_>

So far, phpbb3 is missing some things that are in SMF 2, some more annoying than others.

1: There is no direct download of uploaded avatars and attachments (wtf!)
2: The UI blows - especially on the moderation and administration end. Jesus fucking Christ on a sybian does it suck on the admin end. If there's an easy solution to #1 I refer you here.
3: No updated Sphinx search plugin. I suppose I could take this over if it ever becomes a serious need. I just have no freaking clue why SMF would be ahead of phpbb here.
4: Calling phpbb3's module functionality inelegant is being generous.
5: Ignoring pms from a specific person does not seem to be possible, though you can autofile them into a junk folder.
6: No trash forum. Rather annoying from an admin perspective.
7: No Quick Reply (Yes yes I can mod it in...)
8: The SSI functions in SMF are nice. Admittedly, though, we really don't need these much.
9: No calendar function. Not like anyone cares.

Probably a few others.

Not sure if the benefits outweigh it yet.

May not be around much for a few days, will see.

If things go to hell, some consolation - the last backup is dated to this morning, stored on multiple machines and there's nothing wrong for lack of money in the account. Should be keeping tabs though soon.

So, hokay.

What the fuck is up with giving out the password to your account?

And rather than going to me, you go to your new girltoy, to go to staff, to go to me, who forgets to even tell me your fucking account name.

If you're afraid that I will call to an idiot, I am afraid it is rather too late.

Fun fact:
Claiming that being born on June 2nd, 1989 makes you 19, not once, but twice, does not give us much confidence in your of-agedness.

Just saying.

Pros: New server has finally been built.
Cons: This is so very much not a toy. More to learn this time around. That is the idea, in part, of course, but still.

Back
Top Bottom