Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rewards of War (butterfly0408/CutePhoenix)

((Quite nice. Even though I didn't go into detail over Krade and Illiyanas childhood, you can probably figure enough out from what he's talked about so far. The basic rundown would be, Krades dad was a war loving psycho that treated them all like crap, their mom was sweet and perfect, and Krade has had to deal with inherited......uh........I guess bad reputation from his dad and Illiyana is a skirt chasing lesbian and a bit of a floozy.^_^))

"That's quite a bold plan my lord." said a young lieutenant, a right hand man of Krades most trusted military leader, bowing lightly in respect to his superiors.

"Yea, that's a certainty." Krade replied, slouching a bit in his seat with a light sigh. He had faith in the plan alright, but his apparent lack of energy was instead, due to how they had spent the last few hours going over every detail of the plan.

Illiyana meanwhile, continued to sip from an early morning cup of ale, occasionally giving a flippant wave of her hand to signal she agreed with what they were discussing and she'd give whatever they needed. While she didn't seem that interested from appearances, in truth, it was quite the opposite. Even though it came off as casual carelessness, in all honesty, she was just rock solid under pressure. She never panicked, she never wavered, no matter the situation or the odds against them. Thankfully, she had also managed to get some comfortable clothing from Mary, which she made some..........adjustments to, to fit her unique style, which was basically making the clothing much more revealing than normal. Even though she preferred the fairer sex, she was still flattered by the glances men would give her, sneaking peaks at her luscious curves.

((Take a guess who that young guy is.^_^))

"Krade..." Laine finally spoke up for the first time since Krade spoke of the plans for their little rebellion. It was suddenly a fairly large rebellion with the help of Illiyana's forces. They would arrive a day or so behind her which meant today or tomorrow. They would need to strike not long after that. Before Narissa realized what was happening in the land she had stolen and claimed for her own. Hell, she didn't even life in the castle here! It was all just for show. For her revenge. She assumed it was Jarrek that was the one behind the castle walls. "Krade how will be get inside to set the plan into motion though? It all seems a little risky. Especially for those that go in first. Are we sure there is NO other way?"

"Well, none that I can think of, so I'd be glad to hear any plans that offer a better solution. As for how, the best course of action I can think would be to get one or two people on the inside to scout for info, weaknesses, that type of stuff." Krade replied, sitting and turning to his wife.

"That, I have yet to decide upon. With the risk that comes with it, I can't order someone to do it, so I'd prefer volunteers...........if I couldn't go myself." Krade replied, returning Laines gaze.

"But my lord, you can't.............." started the young lieutenant, cut off by the general seated ahead of him who gave him a 'get in line' kind of glare.

Laine took over where the young man was cut off, "The boy is right Krade! You can't go in there. It is you we are trying to put back onto the thrown. Throwing you right into their hands... what is the point then?"

"I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to, but I will not throw away anothers life only to save my own." Krade replied.

"Sir, our men are loyal to you. You may not wish to risk their lives, but they're willing to lay down theirs to save yours if it is necessary. It is the duty of all knights, and it is a duty one does not take lightly." replied the general, a gruff older man that was the very definition of what a true knight should be.

"Listen to them Krade, please." Laine had risen then, and come to his side. Kneeling down beside his chair, resting her hands upon his arm, "Please. Promise me you will not think about sending yourself in there again."

Krade looked at the general, then his wife, a smile spreading across his face.

"For you, I will do anything." he replied, holding her hand as he stroked her cheek.

The romantic scene got a smile out of the young lieutenant, who suddenly felt a sharp pain in his ear.

"Come now. It's not polite to stare." said Illiyana, quite literally dragging the young man out of the room by his ear, followed by the general getting up and bowing with respect, as he too left.

Laine waited until the last person was out the door before she moved and leaned her lips to his, kissing him slow and sweet. Once it was over, she rested her forehead against his and sighed, "Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you Krade. I don't ever want to be without you."

"I feel the same." Krade replied, wrapping his arms around and affectionally nuzzling the tip of her nose with his own.

((Plot talk time! Okay so where to go now? We know he's going in and being caught is all in the plan, right? But now he has to spare Laine that. So want to know my idea? Tell me if you like it? Okay I'm thinking Laine goes to tend to the kids and while she is gone, Krade meets with Illiyana and the general again and plans this capture. No one is to tell Laine. So when it happens the next day, Laine doesn't realize it's planned and she goes in after him without telling anyone.))

((OOO, good point. Also, do you mind if Illiyana is left out of the whole part of that plan? I was hoping for her and Laine to start getting closer by the time the big time skip rolls around, and Laine finding out that Illiyana had a part in Krades plan would certainly damper things. I mean, since he'd need one or two men with him, I figure his general would be the only person he'd talk to. To be clear, the general I've been mentioning is Krades own. Illiyana has her own military leader, but has given control over the army to Krades guy since Krades much better with strategies and what not than she is.))

((Alright, then perhaps Laine confides in Illiyana that she can get Krade back with her own body. Illiyana and try and talk her out of it, but Laine won't be swayed. After Laine is gone off, the general lets Illiyana know that it's all a plan and she becomes a part of it then. Krade needs to know somehow that his wife is in the castle when they come for him.))

((You read my mind.^_^ I was actually thinking Illiyana could actually save the day. Like perhaps Krade and Laine managed to escape the captors, but can't get out of the castle on their own..........until a well timed diversion happens, giving them the chance for a freedom. Sound good?))

((Okay, you've given me and idea again! We need to stop doing this two one another! Lol. Okay, so a possible play by play... Krade gets himself captured to get on the inside. Laine goes in after him. After she's going, Illiyana finds you Krade did it on purpose. While Laine is with Jarrek, our young man the general has under him *wink, wink* Gets in with others to feed the attack on the inside. But it's then Krade finds out Laine is in Jarrak's hands. He goes after her and finds her in Jarrek's bed. He saves her and as we mentioned before... makes sure Jarrek can't hurt Laine again. Snip snip! But now Laine and Krade are in trouble together. They are trapped and just when they think it's the end for them, Illiyana and her troops seize the castle! Jarrek is forced to flee back to Narissa with his tail between his legs. Sound good?))

((Good, no...........it sounds amazing.^_^ At point during all this shall we skip too? Myself, I wouldn't mind skipping to Laine heading off to Jarek, or her discussing it with Illiyana. But really, just about any point is fine.))

((I'll take it))

Laine paced the room back and forth over and over again. She was a mess. How could it happen?! How could Krade be captured!? It was Jarrek! She knew it had to be that snake! How would she tell the girls. Mary was kind enough to keep the girls with her, keeping them shielded from all that was happening around them. They would be devastated if they knew their father was in captivity. SHE was devastated! After all that talk, how could it happen after all!

The worse part though was that, well... she could only think of one way to save him. She didn't know if she should stoop to that level. She'd be placing herself in danger, but it was the only way she could think of getting her husband to safety. If it didn't work out... God help them both.

Laine put on a cloak and prepared to leave. She still could recall the back ways into the castle. All it would take then would be finding what room Jarrek was in once she got in.

((Should I have Illiyana stop her, or let Laine go and have the general have told Illiyana while Laine was gone? Either way is fine. I always have enjoyed the last minute, unexpected, 'I just saved your ass' moments.^_^))

"Where are you going all secerty like?" Illiyana asked, coming out of a side hall behind Laine, not knowing she just barely caught Laine before she was going.

Laine froze a moment before turning and looking at Illiyana. Taking a breath, she thought first of lying but it's better that someone know perhaps. "Illiyana, do not try to stop me but... I am going to get my husband back. I know that... Jarrek will trade him. Krade for my body. I know he will and I willing to give him that." She held up her hand to stop Illiyana from talking, protesting. "Nothing you can say will stop me so don't try."

Illiyana was about to ask her if she was out of her mind, but Laine seemed to predict that and held a hand up to stop her. With a sigh of frustration over being unable to change her sister in laws mind.

"Fine, but when Krade inevitably saves the day, make sure he leaves enough of the guy so I can kick his ass for messing with my sister. I'll take care of things in the meantime on the homefront." Illiyana replied with a hmph, fire and brimstone in her eyes, despite having not actually known Laine for more than a few days. Still, family was family.

Back
Top Bottom