Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rewards of War (butterfly0408/CutePhoenix)

"I......I........." Krade replied. It hurt, but she was right. Even though he was completely unable to help her then, it still hurt that he couldn't have saved her earlier.

What had started as a nightmare gone bad was slowly opening doors to emotions long hidden in the past. "What would have happened? If I died in the woods there... what would you have done? Would you have married her? Would you?!" Laine wasn't sure she wanted to hear his answer or not.

"No, of course not." Krade replied, damn sure of his answer. That was one thing he was absolutely positive about.

"You were engaged to her!" she was pushing herself away now until she sat up across from him on the bed, "You fooled with me at that ball then announced you were going to marry her!" She lowered her head then and started to sink into an even deeper depression, degrading herself, "You had this whore when you could have had a queen..."

"It was stupid, and I wish I didn't have to do it, but I had no choice. And no, I would never choose her over you. No matter what that guy says, you're not a whore." Krade replied. This was just getting worse and worse. The night had started out weird enough. Now, it was just the night from hell.

"But I am! I am! I've always been your whore! Since the first night we spent together! And I'm the blame!" She hugged her knees to her chest, shivering with her tears, "If it was not for me, you'd still be king! You'd be happily married with a family as you sit upon your thrown. But you picked your whore instead!"

"No, I didn't pick my whore. I picked the woman I loved. The woman I'll always love no matter what life throws at us, no matter where we are, no matter our social standing. I care about you and the girls more than anything else. Nothing could ever change that." Krade replied.

((OOO, this is giving me goosebumps. It's like watching your favorite tv couple get into a big fight that makes you think they're going down a bad road, but you know they'll end up together in the end.^_^))

Laine raised her head up to look at him. She needed to be held. To know it was the truth. She wanted to believe it, but perhaps a piece of her would always doubt it. Perhaps that piece of what that commander planted in her would always be in the back of her mind. Krade just need to help her bury it deep. "I... I love you..." she whimpered.

((Awww, it's like an old school 90210 with Kelly and Dylan!))

(( Yep, just as long as this doesn't turn into your typical soap opera. I mean, I've seen ones with demon possession, x-men style superpowers, angels, etc.....))

"I love you too." Krade replied, taking her into his strong arms.

"Don't worry, I'll never let you go." Krade replied, just holding her, hoping he was able to comfort her in her time of need.

"Oh......well.......lots of reasons really. Not really just one universal reason. I mean, it's because you're adventerous, you're nice, you're caring, you can kick my ass if you wanted to, you're smart, you're funny......." Krade replied, starting to ramble off a bit as he got lost in naming the various things about her that culminated in his love for her.

"I love you.... because you are strong, handsome, funny, loving..." she yawned a little, and her lips settled into a smile, "Not to mention you give me pleasure like.... oh I don't even know! It's heavenly what you can do to me."

"Heh, we sure do think alike." Krade replied, smiling.

"You certainly do return it ten fold." he added, laughing lightly.

"Mmmm, I doubt that the pleasure I give you is anywhere near the amount you give me." Sighing once again she started to feel sleep take a hold upon her. "I'm sorry it came to his Krade. I have a bad habit of keeping it all inside, don't I?"

"Well, it's nothing to worry about. At some point, everyone keeps something inside so as to not hurt their loved ones. I just want you to know that no matter how bad it gets, I'll always be here for you." Krade warmly assured her.

"I keep trying to tell myself that... but it's so hard sometimes," she said as she start to sink into the crook of his arm, her over worked body seeking slumber in his embrace.

"I'll help you. I'll always help you with anything. For now, you need your sleep." Krade replied, whispering, easing her to sleep like he would do with the twins sometimes.

"And you make the best mother ever....." Krade replied, whispering it back as he kissed the top of her head.

Rolling to her side, it only let her curl up against him more, her hand resting upon his chest. "Krade..." she only had enough energy left in her for one last question, "How long have you loved me."

Krade smiled as she drifted off to sleep.

"Since time began......." he whispered, before laying next to her and soon joining her in dream land.

Back
Top Bottom