Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Assassin //Candira/Kratos//

Before she woke, Sophia was aware of Seth's absence. She frowned when her maid finally came to wake her and her eyes confirmed it. The maid thought that she was just sad because her brother was dead and she was alone in the world. But it was more than just that. Sophia sighed, already thinking of the enormous set of tasks to be done. She sat up in bed and let her slightly curled black hair fall down her back as she slid out of the little layers she wore. Her maid set to drawing a bath while Sophia hung her clothes and started to make the bed. When her bath was ready, she slid into the warm perfumed water and began to wash herself. "Clarissa, please go to Seth and see how he slept this night. Ask him if he requires anything before breakfast and send him my thanks for keeping me safe through the night."

The maid nodded and set out to follow her orders, politely knocking on the door before she entered. "My lady bids you good day, sir. She has much to do today so she will be starting her day soon. She gives you thanks for keeping her safe, and would like to know if you need anything. Have you slept well?" she asked, making sure to keep her eyes from taking him in completely. She wasn't quite sure what to think of him as of yet, and wasn't entirely sure that she trusted him and his quick advance from stranger to protector...he must have come highly recommended.

Seth had not expected anyone to come into his room to say anything to him yet the knocking on his door seemed quite friendly and so he opened the door for the guest. It was a lucky thing that the ex-assassin was quite awake otherwise most of what the maid had said would have not been heard yet he lightly smiled before starting to respond to such a thing "She does not need to thank me for such a thing since it is my job.. and my sleep was quite pleasant," a soft gentle sigh crossed him before his mind thought of anything he wanted "There is nothing I need right now other then maybe something for breakfast.. then I will begin my job of protecting Sophia"

In truth part of him was hoping that they would go to 'fix' up his house for a little if they managed to find time for such things. Still if they did not he would not mind before he decided it was time to get a shirt on. "That will be all.. I would like to get changed now" slowly he closed the door before changing into some different clothes and actually putting on a shirt now since he had decided to lay down without one.

Clarissa still wasn't sure what to think of Seth, but she nodded politely and exited the room as he began to push her out. He seemed like a decent man, but she'd have to see more of his personality before she came to completely trust him. The maid returned to her mistress as she was rinsing herself off. "The master wishes me to tell you that you need not thank him for doing his job. He said that he slept well." The maid was surprised at the smile that came to Sophia's face as that piece of news was relayed.

"I'm glad," the lady said, stepping out of the tub with Clarissa's help. "Thank you. Help me dry off and dress and we'll all go down for breakfast," she said, wringing out her hair. Another maid came in and combed her hair while Clarissa dried Sophia off and Sophia stood still, waiting for them to see how ridiculous this was. Clarissa finished and stepped away, bringing out the black clothing Sophia was to wear while the other maid finished combing her hair and quickly braided it so that it could dry. Before they could do anything else, Sophia stepped back into her chamber and started to dress with Clarissa's help while the other maid straightened the bed. When all was said and done, Sophia came to Seth's dressed in black and white, her dark hair tied with a white ribbon. The maids scurried downstairs to fix breakfast.

"Seth?" she called through the door, knocking gently.

Just like any other reasonable understanding person he did not expect full trust from anyone, yet it was nice to know at least Sophia had such a trust for him, although it partially made him wonder why since although they had shown feelings for each other he still had been at one stage a possible assassin whom was hired to kill her. Seth decided once the maid left to actually get dressed into something simple, a white shirt with black pants quickly followed by what seemed like a partially royal coat, he still had to get more of his own clothes and was simply borrowing from her brothers at the moment.

They were a little not his style but already Seth was used to them opening the door upon hearing Sophia's voice a small smile crossing his face as his eyes darted around, his ears listening out for anyone else noticing they seemed to be alone on the top floor which simply allowed him to do the one thing he wanted to do this morning to begin the day, Seth lent forward lightly kissing her lips ever so gently, his tongue lightly massaging her bottom lip as it begging for entry as slowly he moved the two out of the main hallway and into his room just for a moment before slowly the kiss was broken "I just had to do that this morning.. no matter the risk, I do hope you did not mind Sophia.. but we best head down now before they become a little suspicious of the two of us taking our time."

Surprised by his sudden kiss, she widened her eyes as he pulled her in the room. Her eyes closed and she relaxed, however, when he licked her lips. She let him into her mouth and kissed him back, perfectly relaxed. "I didn't mind," she said blushing softly as she recovered from his surprise. How could she mind something so wonderful? She smiled at him and hugged him close. "Thank you for that, Seth. I'm going to need every happy feeling I can get today." She took his hand and led him out of the room. "Let's go down for breakfast."

It did not surprise him that Sophia had responded to his small little tease which allowed the two tongues to mingle with each other. A small smile crossed him seeing the blush cross her after she seemed to recover from the surprise he had sprung upon her. Feeling the hug he slightly relaxed into it a little simply speaking softly "No problem Sophia.." feeling her take his hand he started to prepare to walk simply nodding to what she had said "we best not keep them waiting or rumors might spread" he simply winked afterwards a evident smile crossing him before he opened the door and gave a polite gesture to her "after you of course milady"

"Thank you," she said with a little smile. She headed gracefully down the steps and walked just a bit in front of him as was proper, her smile slowly faded as the light was shut out of the castle with black shutters and she lowered her head. The servants brought out some fruit for her to put into her oats. She smiled softly as they dished it up for her and did the same for Seth as he came down. "It's traditional mourning food," she explained. "At least in the castle," she said, eating the oats with some cream and berries.

Simply as she began to walk Seth followed making sure to keep his distance a little allowing her to walk ahead of him a little since it was expected of Sophia to enter first. At least that was his guess and it would be considered more proper instead of him walking beside her, which would imply he was equal to her. Something the ex-assassin knew for now was not the case and he could not show the feelings he had in view of the servants knowing he had to get there trust first. His blue eyes looked upon the food hearing what Sophia explained it as, this caused a small smile before he to now started to eat what was given enjoying it a little even though it was a little simple compared to somethings he could imagine them eating.

Sophia finished her meal and smiled at everyone, though it was clear that it took a bit of effort. "Alright everyone. We have much to do today. I need to do some rearranging of my brother's and father's things and make sure that they are locked away. the chores remain the same, and I expect everyone to help. Tomorrow we will begin to listen to the problems of the serfs and townsfolk. I will be busy then. For now, you will utilize any help you can get." She turned to Seth now and smiled sadly. "I don't think I'll be needing you until much later today. I only ask that you come to check on me now and then. I'll have a maid with me. Please help where you can." It was a move to help him gain the trust of the others--something she hoped he would see.

To begin with just for a moment Seth was unsure what Sophia was doing by speaking to him how she was before it made sense, this would help gain the trust of the others which would make them one step closer to being able to express feelings that seemed to be developing more freely. "I will do what I can, and will check on you occasionally just to make sure your safe.." Although he did trust the maids a little it was part of his role to protect and he could see through her fake smile but showed no sign of such a thing wondering how exactly he could help. The rearranging he knew he could help with but first some of the chores would be of no issue for him. After all he had lived alone for quite some time now and was used to having to do everything himself and so this would not feel much different except there would be helpers this time.

When everyone was finished, they dispersed for chores. The manual labor that was difficult for some of the maids was given to Seth. They would help him, of course, but splitting logs would be much easier with a man's help.

Seth had no issue with some of the tasks, of which upon noticing one of the maids actually trying to split logs, he held back a laugh before being asked to help. He accepted obviously easily chopping through them with speed and strength from his assassin days. It seemed after that not much else felt like it needed to be done, or more to the point time flew by as he continued to help until everything seemed to be done of which occasionally as he had said he would. Seth had checked upon Sophia yet only briefly before returning to the chores.. that was until they were finished of course. Slowly he now walked towards where he suspected Sophia probably was wondering if now was the time which she had talked about this morning, about how she would need his help 'later', which since a day was reasonably long could have meant any time in it.

Sophia had moved most of her brother's and father's things into special chests in the vault, leaving a few more outfits for Seth until his clothing was finished. She rarely took breaks and only stopped to eat when the maid couldn't be deterred. It appeared that Seth was making a good impression and getting along well with a great deal of the servants--something she was very proud of. The noble woman smiled as she finished and felt as though she'd accomplished a great deal, considering the possessions her kin had owned. When she left the room, she closed the vault and left things the way they needed to be. It was time to find Seth.

The assassin sighed a little as he started to search a few rooms of where Sophia was, after asking one of the maids he got told roughly the location she could be in and thanked her before leaving towards there, as he walked his footsteps were almost silent on the solid floor before his blue eyes located whom they wanted to find. "Is now the later time that you talked about earlier of which you need my help for something?" He spoke clearly as he slowly walked closer, the chores had not been to much of a hassle and on top of that it seemed to gain quite a bit of trust to some of the people proving his worth slightly which was something he had to focus on doing probably for a few days.

Sophia smiled and nodded, looking a bit weary. "Would you like to go to your home with me so that we can make a list of what you need?" she asked, hoping he would say yes. It was a chance for them to talk as they could not, in front of the others in the castle. Besides, she'd get to hold him and help him build upon his own property.

Seth lightly smiled at Sophia hearing the question that she asked before nodding "That sounds like a good idea, since we need to know what it is that place will need, and if I do such a list myself, I will surely forget things." It was hard that this was as far as interaction could really get within the castle between them but at least they had something like his 'house' that they could retreat to for such reasons. That and she seemed a touch weary and so hopefully he could help her relax.

Sophia smiled and nodded, leaving the room with him, taking a piece of parchment and a quill with some ink. "Let's go," she said with a smile.

((gah! blocked! sorry.))

(it happens. I took a break from rping for the same reason.. absolute creativity block meaning, nothing can be written.. I can try and it just does not work heh)

It would be good to do such a thing that the two had decided upon and it seemed Sophia needed it more then him since part of Seth had not minded all the chores set out. None had been overly tiring and on top of that they seemed to be gaining him some knowledge around the castle which would end up leading in a form of trust which at this moment was what he needed "I do hope things get a little easier for you soon enough.." he said this silently as they walked getting closer to what he already felt like calling their own little retreat from the world that only the two of them mattered to each other.

Sophia smiled at him and the two made their way to his house, carefully searching the area for thieves and the like. Upon finding no one, Sophia entered the place that was to be his home...and by his decree, a home for others. "Thank you for worrying about me, Seth. I appreciate it," she said, holding him closely once they were sure they wouldn't be discovered. "Things will be easier for me in time when I don't have to worry about keeping up the castle and appearances. Not to mention governing the lands and collecting taxes. I try to be fair, but so much is expected of me that sometimes I fear I'm too short with people. They still seem to like me, though. I suppose that's a good thing."

Although he ever doubted the fact that he would stay in this house without of course having Sophia in his company, Seth was still glad that after his past, he still had a home to call home. And more so someone who wanted him around of which for now he was just covering as her bodyguard although once trusted he would still be such a thing and hopefully her lover as well. "One does have to be reasonable as well though.. and it is a good thing that you are liked, always a good sign.. makes my job easier" he smiled lightly his lips lightly kissing her neck softly before he spoke "I am so glad I never went through with the assassination that was planned for you.. more and more each day I am so glad.. that I finally quit like I said I was going to.."

"Well that makes two of us, Seth," she said with a smile. She kissed his lips softly and rested her head on his shoulder. "I missed you all day. I wish you could be with me more, but they need to be around you." She snuggled into his shoulder and became increasingly glad that he had been the one chosen to kill her. "Let me stay with you?"

He simply held her softly now enjoying the fact the two of them had moments like this "I think it is more the other way around.. that you let me stay with you.." Seth let out a simple sigh before smiling softly "The others will not take to long to get trust of.. then things will be easier,.. and we will not have to sneak our time together.." he kissed her lips softly and passionately lightly snaking his tongue against her bottom lip.

She kissed him back and parted her lips for him, holding tighter to him. She hoped with all of her heart that it would be better soon. Sophia just needed the comfort that he could offer her now. "I love you," she murmured into his lips.

Hearing her words and feeling her lips part a small smile appeared across his face, before he deepened the kiss that he had initiated. Part of Seth could tell mainly what Sophia needed right now was to relax in comfort, and he was pretty sure at this particular moment that only he could really offer such a thing. Everyone else wanted her to be doing something, looking after this, giving orders for that, plans for this and that.. it really seemed hectic at this moment yet he wanted her to forget just for a moment his tongue dancing around hers within her mouth, his arms softly embracing her, keeping the two of them close.

The simple act of just holding her in his arms had done so much to bring comfort to her that Sophia was all but melting under his tender kisses. The passion in them, however, was not missing as he deepened them. If there was one thing she had learned from this experience with Seth it was to take none of what she had with him for granted. After all, anyone could be after her life. She wanted so very desperately to give her life to Seth--devote her time to him and only him, but she knew that that couldn't be. She had duties and responsibilities to her people. Someday, if all went well, she could share them with him, as well as her heart and her bed. For now, though, she would have to be content with what he gave her in his home--this small house where they had shared so much already--and so little.

Her lips stayed locked with his as their tongues tangoed together, and she pulled him even closer, needing to know that she wasn't just wanted and needed, but that she was appreciated as well.

Back
Top Bottom