Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Daybreakers Group Roleplay Request! (Vampires!)

xMILENKOx

Supernova
0119.jpg

Ok so I have recently watched the movie Daybreakers and have a been thinking up a group roleplay inspired by this movie! So heres a few ideas I have for this roleplay:

Plot:
The year is 2019 and vampires have taken over the world. Humans now live as slaves to the vampires and are forced to give blood to their nocturnal masters as form of tax and payment for a easy life.

Vampire Society:
Goverment: The vampires whom now control the world and the flow of human blood which now is more valuable than oil!

Military: The protectors of civilised vampiric society and oppressors of human society. Whom with the aid of new technology are capable of operating during the day thanks to full body suits that protect them from sun light.

General Public: Vampires whom live like humans once did in the new vampire world.

Outcasts: Vampiric criminals banished from civilised vampire society. They are forced to fend for themselfs out in the wastelands where they are deprived of human blood and the protection of the military.

The Afflicted: Vampires whom have been starved of human blood or fed of the dead and as a result have become blood crazed monsters. Their minds and bodys have been twisted and distorted. Most afflicted began as outcasts.

Human Society:
Free Range: Humans that live free to do as they wish in the ghettos, though they are expected to give blood monthly as a sort of tax to their vampire masters. They must obey the vampires and are forbiddon to use any contraception and are forced to mate as often as possible to provide more humans for the vampires.

Blood Bags: Human criminals whom are kept in a chemically induced coma while their blood is constantly being harvested by machines. Thousands of these humans are held captive in lab like prisons.

Hunters: Humans who refuse to allow the vampires to control them and choose to fight agaist them in a revolutionary fashion.

Ghouls: Humans that are tainted by vampirism and used as a secret police force for the vampires.

So if anyones interested please reply to this thread with any ideas you may have to help develope this idea! :mrgreen:

I am interested!!

Though you do have a plot there aren't any twists that would keep the roleplay interesting and going, now is there a blood shortage like there was in the movie? Hmm maybe a stupid male vampire and a stupid female human decide to mate while he's drinking and there is a half breed that they want to kill? Or maybe with the blood shortage some vampires start kidnapping the humans that live 'free' and keeping them for them selves?

I'm interested as well. Perhaps there is a goal of some sort, like there is an increasing amount of ghouls and/or the afflicteds attacking the more civilized areas, and are becoming more of a threat than normal.There could be central badguy force controlling such, creating a goal for the rp....something more to keep things moving.

I am Definitely interested!

I liked the idea Trinity had with the Halfbreed thing... (I should probably go watch Daybreakers eh?)

Another idea :?
What if there was humans that were capturing Vampires and experimenting with them, trying to get stronger by using the vampire blood... or even mating them and creating halfbreeds that fight for the humans... Some way for them to try and overthrow and eliminate the vampires...

Meh... ~trots off to watch the movie for some info~

So, after watching the movie, I want to thank you for starting this. That was an awesome flick.

Trinity's idea seems to not fit in with how the vampires work in this film. In order to somehow create a halfbreed, you'd have to have some seriously crazy shit go on that isn't like Blade or some such silly stuff.

Snow's idea isn't such a bad one. Maybe there is some group that works against both the humans and the vampires. Maybe someone knows about the cure and wants to suppress it or wants to experiment with it for some unknown reason. And maybe they need to harvest vampires and humans to make it work.

I think a plot much like the movie would be a little tired, but it would be fun if people wanted to play the underdog.

I, however, seeing as this is about 9 years from where we are technologically, I would think that the vampires would be cloning their asses off. You know, seeing as you can clone things in your bathtub at home with very minimal supplies. With the way those harvesting towers looked, I could see them filled with clones that have never know life outside of said coma. I know I would love to be one of those clones being freed by some human rights group through a violent attack, and then learn to be human, etc.

Along that idea, maybe there is a bacteria that becomes resistant to the cleaning supplies inside these harvesting centers and it's a flesh eating bacteria that causes all sorts of hell. And vampires who drink tainted blood (the blood bank didn't know about it until weeks after the bacteria started to manifest after a long incubation period) start having weird mutations, making them weirder than the ghoul things. Now you need a team for either curing this bacteria and seeing it the mutations can be reversed, or you can march down the martial law path and quarantine any vampires who were given the tainted blood, doing what you'd wish there.

Or maybe the game could be set after the movie. Where they have passed out information to needy vampires to help them turn back to human instead of turning into a ghoul. You could have a group who goes about recruiting new vampires to help cure the world.

Loads of possibilities, but I suggest anyone interested in this RP idea to watch the movie a few times to soak up the details. I mean, this movie is so different that I want to write a seriously long fanfiction for my own amusement. And I hate vampire movies. XD

I am so in, I saw the movie a few weeks back,

Any idea's which of these many great idea's are gonna be used?

Firstly, sorry for my absence I have been very busy lately and have had little time to get back to all the great responses Ive had here in this thread! :mrgreen:

Ok down to business!

My personal ideas for this roleplay were going to involve a human uprising which would then lead to a blood shortage as human resistance groups attack vampire blood harvesting facillitys. This revolution forces the vampires to fight back in order to keep control and ultimatly keep themselfs from dieing or turning into monsters.

Aswell as the harvesting facillitys the human resistance groups will try to take over the ghettos and disrupt the vampires free range blood supply, though ghouls hidden amoungst the humans would work in secret to help their vampire masters stop the human resistance. This could add a little espionage to the role play with the ghouls being human though they are secretly loyal to the vampires due to their minor vampirism.

Meanwhile the numbers of afflicted could be growing like in the film and eventually lead to a outbreak which could lead to a new enemy showing itself to both the humans and vampires. Maybe even some afflicted could be like the nosferatu clan from Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines who look monstrous but have managed to remain slightly sane. These vampires could maybe form a controling body for the afflicted and organise them like a army in order to rise from the depths and get revenge on their kin who turned their back on them and the humans who's blood 'might' be able to cure them of their monsterous afflictions and animalistic traits.

Cool, well Iam hopeing this turns into a big group roleplay with lots of events taking place all at the same times.

Also if anyone wishes to play multiple characters that is fine as I will be! :mrgreen:

Would you like some help in managing the rp? Seeing as I think you and I are in different time zones it would be good to have someone able to check on it the whole time.

I can't say I'm interested in your first idea so far. I would probably need some sort of opening post to get me into it, but I still like the setting a whole lot.

Yes some help would be great as I am unfortunatly very busy most of the time and some help developing the roleplay aswell as managing it would be great!

Awesome, so, perhaps we should have a base number of people to start and then let a certain amount of others join throughout, just to keep things interesting.

".Skellie."

• This should make character creation a tad bit easier.

".Skeleton."

What is your name?:
                                          >>Insert First, Last name<<
                                          How old are you?: >>Insert age<<
                                          What exactly are you?: >>Insert race<<
                                          What do you look like?: >>Insert appearance<<
                                          How would you describe your personality?: >>Insert personality<<
                                          Do you fancy any weapons?: >>Insert weapon choice<<
                                          Care to share your past?: >>Insert biography<<

For your personality to make things easier a couple sentences, or just several words is all that is needed. I believe that the rest can be revealed through the role-play.
                                          Appearances can be pictures, much preferred, it's always easier to manage.
                                          Biography can be a couple of paragraphs, I just want a glance at what has happened to the character, a glimpse at what has shaped and molded them into the person they are. Not a lot is needed, just like personality I believe the rest can be revealed through the role-play.

Code:
                                          [size=85][color=#FFFFFF]".Skeleton."[/color]
                                          [color=#804000][b]
                                          What is your name?: [/b][/color][color=#BF4000][i]>>Insert First, Last name<< [/i][/color]
                                          [color=#804000][b]How old are you?:[/b][/color][color=#BF4000] [i]>>Insert age<<[/i][/color]
                                          [color=#804000][b]What exactly are you?:[/b][/color] [color=#BF4000][i]>>Insert race<<[/i][/color]
                                          [color=#804000][b]What do you look like?:[/b] [/color][color=#BF4000][i]>>Insert appearance<<[/i][/color]
                                          [color=#804000][b]How would you describe your personality?:[/b][/color] [color=#BF4000][i]>>Insert personality<<[/i][/color]
                                          [color=#804000][b]Do you fancy any weapons?:[/b][/color] [color=#BF4000][i]>>Insert weapon choice<<[/i][/color]
                                          [color=#804000][b]Care to share your past?:[/b][/color] [color=#BF4000][i]>>Insert biography<<[/i][/color][/size]
                                          [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom