Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Kratos and DarknessEmbraced666)

A young light elf was walking silently down one of the many long corridors in the palace, her long skirt swirling around her long legs. The elf was the princess of the light elves and she was also the last of the royal blood line and heir to the throne. She was going to be the youngest queen in over two hundred years. At the moment she was heading back to her personal chambers after another dinner with boring diplomats and advisors. Idrial hated having dinner with them all the time and she was always followed around by guards. The only privacy she had for herself was when she was in her rooms. Idrial was dressed in a long white gown which added to her beauty. She was a tall elf with long blonde hair and pale crystal blue eyes that glittered no matter where she was and she had pale skin which seemed to glow no matter where she was, what she was wearing or how dark it was in a room. Her hair was long and a pale golden blonde color. Her gown clung to her slender and curvy form.

Upon reaching her rooms, she entered and quickly closed and locked to door with a sigh. Moving over to her vanity, she sits down and begins removing her jewelry, setting them in their velvet lined wooden boxes. Once she had every last piece of jewelry off except her pendent which helped channel her magic, she stood up and walked over to her changing screen where she removed her dress and changed into a simple white short silk nightgown before walking over to the large canopy bed where she laid down behind the long gossimar curtains. Little did she know, she would be getting a surprise visitor that evening.

Assassins, trained in only one thing killing.. and pledged allegiance to only one thing.. the largest amount of money, and no matter who had to die if the price was correct then an attempt would be made to take that life away, well not an attempt.. more like a accidental death occurrence.. that was of course assisted but they did not need to know that. Seth.. he was one of the best from the dark elves with training that had been deemed the best. His time.. night the only time to truly take out someone without any suspicion although he was getting sick of the job.. killing people that seemed to be fine people and this he promised himself was the last job his relentless killing ability.. it was lessened then it once was, in fact he was starting to feel sorry for the lives he took and began to ask why he did it.. and why they deserved to die. Questions that assassins could not ask.. his time was running short then, although who knew.. if the price was right he would probably never ask and continue. This last job was going to be a bit tougher then most of his.. he had to sneak into a castle.. and make way to her room unnoticed.. it took some planning but he managed to get in fine, and now was climbing up from a lower window to hers..

Slowly he climbed a sharp dagger held within his teeth as he climbed, this one would have to be a murder.. it was requested to be on the kill letter, marked with black and red on a oak parchment. the money attached was enough to convince him, although you only got the full amount once completing the kill. It was the perfect time.. to attack that was, quickly his knife now sliced through the curtain in front of him before he walked up to the bed silently not a single noise was to be made. "Tonight might be your last Princess... your last night to live that is.."

The bedroom he entered was completely silent and there was no light except for that of the moon light that shone in through the windows. The young princess had no idea that someone had just entered her room and had thoughts of murder upon their mind. Infact, she was almost completely asleep in her bed with her covers drawn up around her slender waist and the curtains of the bed drawn shut around her.

She was laying on her back with one arm resting at her side while her other hand was nestled gently against her smooth pale cheek. Idrial was softly and slowly breathing, causing the jewel that was perched between her breasts to catch the moonlight and glitter with every breath she took. As he got closer to her bed, she shifted around a little and sighed softly in her sleep before settling down once again, her slight movement causing some of her long hair to fan out around her head like a halo.

It seemed this would be easier then planned, he had only whispered that remark and well she did not even stir.. as he moved closer noticing his target was asleep well mainly anyhow her body indicating she had only just gone into this status. His eyes caught that jewel glistening a few times as he continued to move, closer and closer before pulling the blade from his mouth wiping it against his shirt to make it completely clean. His clothes were light and dark.. which was why it was easy to slip through shadows and do his job at night.

The knife itself glinted in the light that was from the moon, as his eyes looked at her. Such a shame.. so beautiful and yet has such a price.. her uncle.. really must not like her.. but then again I have heard that he will be heir to the throne if she was to disappear.. Why though.. she seems so innocent compared to the rest.. nothing has been done.. he sighed, a little louder then planned this since he was almost right over her would have woken her up his hand quickly moving to her mouth to stop her from screaming if she tried to.

His sigh had roused her and she began waking up with a soft groan but when he placed his hand over her mouth, her eyes shot open and she stared up at him, her crystal blue eyes wide with shock and fear. She began screaming but the sounds were muffled by his hand as she reached up and grabbed his wrist in her small hands. Then she saw the knife in his other hand and her eyes widened even more as tears filled them.

Idrial never thought that she would die this way. She had always thought that she would live longer and perhaps marry as well but it looked like fates had other plans for her. The young elf gazed pleadingly up at him, hoping that he wouldn't kill her like he planned to.

He felt sound now escaping her mouth yet they were so muffled it seemed that almost no noise was leaving her.. none enough to notify anyone of her troubles anyhow. His other hand held the knife strongly still before his blue eyes looked into hers seeing tears starting to form. Obviously she had not planned to die like this, and so it was hard for her to accept the fate chosen by money and greed of a position that someone wanted.. ahh humans they could be so selfish sometimes.

His eyes continued to look into her eyes before he withdrew a little from her putting away the knife into his belt before removing a hood from his face revealing his appearance. "Make any attempt to scream and I might have to end your life instantly.. But before I dispatch of you.. I want answers.. to simple question.." He paused slowly sliding his hand from her mouth " Why do you think someone wants you dead.. and the main one are you ready to die..?"

Idrial watched him put his knife back into his belt and she nodded quickly after he told her not to scream, reaching down and snatching up her covers. She pulled them up and covered herself with them. Looking up at him, she listened to him ask her the questions he wanted answers for and the young elf princess shook her head slightly.

"No, I'm not ready to die." she said softly, slowly sitting up in her bed and holding her covers and sheets tightly against her chest. "And the only reason I can think of someone wanting me dead would be.... I'm the last real heir to the throne. It goes to be because I'm of the royal family by blood." she said slowly. "The only other heir would be someone from my mothers side of the family. She's not royalty by blood and her family has always wanted the throne for themselves."

Seth sighed before sitting on the bed himself as their was no point in standing up now, if he were to still make this kill.. it would be just as easy to slide her throat being this close to her. Those answers he already knew but he had wanted to hear them from the princess's mouth. " Shame how greed over wanting the throne for themselves.. can result in a death of someone with the right amount of money.."

His hand rested against the blades handle although he was starting to have second thoughts about doing this job. "and like the description said, your name is Idrial correct? If so that is very noble.. it must be difficult being the last heir.." His eyes held a slightly more gentle look, not exactly the look of a killer. "What if I were to say give you a chance to live.. what do you plan on doing with the new chance at life.. ?"

Idrial shifted away from him as he sat on the bed with her and she grasped her pendent which helped to control her personal magic, the crystal digging into her hand but not cutting her skin. The princess slowly nodded in agreement. "Yes, it is a shame. In sted of using their money to help the people of the light elves, they us it on clothing and jewels and other expensive things."

She looked up at him again and nodded slowly after he asked about her name. "Yes, my name is Idrial. But my people call me, Idrial, princess of the light. Because I'm the last of the royal family. Everyone else of my fathers side of the family have been killed." She became silent after being asked about what she would do if given a second chance and she sighed. "I would do what I've planned to do ever since finding out I would be given rule over the people. I would do my best to make the lives of my people better... To... to rule with a fist that delt swift justice when it is needed and a heart of compassion and love."

So her mothers side had been wiping out her fathers side.. and it seemed she was the last to go, although at this rate he was not going to be the one who did the hit if it did occur. The reason behind this murder was selfish in the darkest way, and for that and hearing what Idrial would do if given a second chance at life pretty much.. well if he were to try and kill her now it would be extremely difficult but that was his fault for getting a little attached and finding out more information.. a job was meant to be go in do the task get out.. but he had not done that.. and that was probably the reason why she would survive tonight..

"Someone as pure as that and the reason behind someone wanting to kill you.. I can't do it.." His hand slid from his dagger that hand then running through his hair. "Sorry for the scare.. but next time you will be more prepared.. but maybe I should leave now.. just incase a guard comes up here.. although truthfully I would want to find out more about you.. after all its not everyday I get to sit in a beautiful princess's room with her at night.. "

Idrial softly gasped as he removed his hand from his dagger and she smiled gratefully, her blue eyes glittering as she gazed up at him. "Thank you so much for sparing my life sir." she said softly. "I am very grateful that you're not going to go through with this." She slowly released the pendent around her neck and lowered her hands with sigh. When he mentioned a guard coming to the room, she shook her head with a humorless laugh. "The guards do not come in here unless called for."

When he called her a beautiful princess, she blushed brightly and bowed her head with a soft chuckle. "Thank you." she said softly while brushing her hair back from her face, tucking her hair behind her ears, her fingers running very lightly over her pointed ears.

This would be the first assassination that Seth could not do, the motive behind the order.. selfish and most of the people he assassinated were considered problems.. not relatives who must die because they want a throne and all the riches of the castle. Hearing what had been said by Idrial a soft smile and sigh of relief escaped him after all if a guard came in here, the way that he was dressed and all and being in the princess's room.. well they would instantly either attack or try to lock him up.

"No need to thank me when it is true Idrial... after all you are just stunning, definently of royal blood.. Probably the last of royal blood who cares for people.. and yet has their own feelings as well.. unlike the person who ordered your death.. of which will not happen as I will black list this contract meaning no assassin can take it.. but with doing so, I quit the group of assassins.. but it will keep you safe at least"

A gentle smile formed on her lips as she gazed up at him and she sighed. "Thank you anyways." she said softly while running her fingers over her covers. She had noticed the sigh and smile that came from him after being told that a guard wouldn't come into the room. But after he told her that he would blacklist the contract and she nodded slightly. "It may keep me safe from assassins, but it won't keep me safe from my own family." she said softly. "I will never be truely safe until after I offically take the throne and can have them put under control. But until then, the advisors control the power. Right now, I'm just the princess. Not the queen."

She sighed softly and brushed her hair back from her face, tucking the pale blonde locks behind her pointed ears. She reached down and gently grasped the jewel that hung around her neck, running her fingers over the crystal.

Seth was rather calm considering the circumstance, but the fact that guards would not just barge in, well it made him not feel obliged to leave just yet but instead speak to who was meant to be his last target before he would be able to actually quit life as a assassin. A sigh escaped him this time not of relief but could it be he was a little concerned for Idrial. "I can only do so much.. Families usually have to go through assassin's if they want to rid of a princess like yourself." his deep blue eyes gazed over at her of which part of him could still not shake her beauty from his mind.

"Its a shame royalty sometimes has it's downsides.. but it more then likely is at least easier then my job of which I have officially quit... you were to be my last target Idrial, but I just could not do it to someone like you.. Your to pure to be killed"

Idrial listened patiently as he spoke, her eyes gazing upon him. Unlike other people that would of been in her position, she didn't scream for help now that she was out of relative danger. Instead she sat there with her cover hugged to her chest with a gentle kind look in her blue eyes. "Sir... I do not know your life story. Nor why you chose this path in your life, but I do know that you can always change it." the elven princess said softly and she released her pentant that hung around her neck.

When he said that he couldn't kill her because she was too pure, she blushed a little and smiled a little wider. "Thank you." she murmured. She was a little uncomfortable because she was sitting there in nothing but her nightgown and underclothing with nothing but a cover hiding her night clothes.

Idrial was rather relaxed now unlike others that if they were in this situation would have screamed out instantly and got a guard to try and capture and dispatch of him, something they would not be able to do since how agile he was. He could tell she was a little uncomfortable yet that was of no surprise as she was most likely just completely in her night clothes which for a Princess having a complete stranger in the room in such a circumstance,.. well it was understandable.

Slowly his eyes trailed away to look towards the window "If your uncomfortable just say, I will leave out that window I came, and never return to this location... That is only if you want that to happen though"

She shook her head slightly while her cheeks became a bright pink color. "It... it's not that. I've just never been in the same room as a male while wearing my night dress." she said softly, a tone of embarassment tinting her voice. Idrial sat up some more and slowly pulled her covers around her shoulders a little before pushing her bangs back from her face though they fell in her eyes yet again. "You don't have to leave. Actually, I... I rather enjoy your company opposed to those that I'm forced to be around."

Idrial blushed a little darker and bowed her head, a curtian of golden hair hiding her face from view as she sat there playing with her necklace. She was rather embarassed by her confession since she had never said such a thing to anyone before.

Hearing the first statement a soft smile emerged onto Seth's face. After all such a thing made perfect sense, royalty and a princess.. he should have realized exactly what it was considering he could read body language very well but could don't differentiate between if she was uncomfortable with him just being here or if their was a reason behind it. The next statement came as a small shock, after all it was not common for a assassin to hear such a thing.

Most feared them and for good reason yet she was different from most. Idrial.. such a lovely name. "I... I don't know what to say..." He paused taking a breath before sitting a little more on the bed. "Sorry..,I mean thank you..it's not often that I hear such a statement.. in fact that is the first time .. ever since me becoming a assassin."

Looking up at him again, she smiled shyly and shrugged slightly. "Well, there's always a first for everything, is there not?" she asked softly after shaking her hair back over her shoulders. Idrial curled her legs up towards her body as he moved a little further onto the bed and she sat up some more. "Usually the people I'm forced to sit and talk with are the duchess's, princess' and queens of other lands as well as tutors and governess's." she said with a sigh. "All they talk about are embroidery, who is the most attractive and then they nag me about marrying so that I can focuss on my womanly duties around the castle."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head while running her hand through her long hair. "Yeah, like I want to become a trinket on some males arm who considers me good for nothing but producing heirs." she muttered before slowly pushing the covers back from her body. "Excuse me." She stood up and moved over to a chair that sat several feet away, picking up her long robe and pulling it on to cover herself before tieing it shut. In the time she was moving away from the bed, Seth would of had plenty of time to see her long legs and the outline of her body through her night dress.

Seth apologizing was almost as rare as someone in power realizing they had made a mistake, such a thing usually would be covered up with something to follow it but for some reason he felt a reason to do such a thing and then state what he should have said. " Life would not be different if that statement was false" a soft laugh escaped him hearing what company Idrial is usually stuck with "sounds rather boring actually.. Starting to wonder how you would cope with such a thing, it would annoy me if I was someone of royalty hearing that sort of thing, but luckily I don't have to worry about such a thing"

Her words made a very strong opinion, she showed a lack of weakness where most would conform something rare within this society, almost as rare as Seth apologizing. As the princess stood up and moved from her covers, Seth's dark blue eyes could not help but gaze through a few strands of brown hair that blocked his visual barely. The view that greeted him, again added to her beauty, her elegant long legs, and her natural curves of which were soon hidden by a rather royal robe. He continued to sit where he was comfortable at least looking directly at the princess "You know.. your looks, and charm could get you anyone you wished and yet you still don't want to pick someone thinking they will use you... How did you start thinking like that.. what influenced such thoughts?"

Idrial turned to face him as she finished tieing the robe and she shook her head. "But that's where you're wrong. I can't just choose someone I want. It would have to be someone that the advisors approve on and truth and fact made me start thinking like that." she said to him. She moved over to one of the small lamps in the room and she lit it, casting some more light into the room, but only in the corner where the lamp was. "You haven't spent much time amongst royalty and other people of power, have you?"

She moved back towards the bed and gazed at Seth through the gossimar curtains that hung around the bed and she ran her fingers over it. "The males of the court believe that the females are ment for few things. To look pretty, to embroider things, to earn more land by giving them away in marriage and to pop out a male heir as soon as possible." she said slowly as she moved around the bed.

It was a shame that royalty could never be allowed to just make up their own mind, like a normal person could. They had so much responsabilitie to watch over yet their life is more some one elses then their own. Seeing the room light up a little, it seemed to make the room at least feel emotionally warmer before he heard her response " Well.. not more personal time.. I have had to kill a few royalty members of assorted locations, but that does not really classify as spending time with them".

In truth Seth had not really experienced much time with anyone since his profession made it hard to do such a thing since they could randomly popup on someones hitlist and with the right money, no questions usually were ever asked. But he was sick of that lifestyle and Idrial had helped him realize that. "That is so not right.. it is a shame that such things as actual love is lacking, or at least respect for a individual"

Idrial nodded in agreement as he spoke before she pushed the curtain to her bed aside and she climbed up onto the bed to sit near him, curling her legs beneath her body. "Yes well, that's how life is amongst the royals." she said gently. "But me... I plan on ruling without a king at my side until I decide that I'm ready for someone to become my husband. Though even then, I will pick a male that I know deserves the title of King of the Light Elves." She sighed and looked around the room that she had grown up in. Once she took the title as queen, she would have to move to the king and queens quarters.

She plopped backwards on the bed with a groan while running her hands over her face. "Things are deffinately going to change in the kingdom after my corronation." she murmured softly. "Starting with how the women are treated." She looked up at him and smiled gently before brushing her bangs back behind one of her pointed ears.

It was nice to hear what Idrial was saying, in fact he stayed quite as she spoke, listening to the words that were said until finally they stopped, the last part coming as the largest surprise out of what was said as a whole. "You will find him someday, That can be assured.." It was all he could say as his eyes gazed at her again. Seth could not help but gaze at her beauty and any man if they got an offer to take her hand, would be a fool to decline. "It is good you plan to do many things... it puts you above the rest of royalty who have left thigns the way they are.."

He felt a lot more comfortable now that they were even closer, yet did not mention such a thing. Seeing the smile, he could not help but return one back at her as he slowly brushed back a part she had missed before realizing what he just did moving his hand away from her. "sorry.. I should not have done that.."

Her smile intensified as he spoke and she blushed. "Thanks." she said gently. "Hearing that means alot to me." She shifted around a little on the bed and stretched her legs out, not caring for the moment that the long pale limbs could be seen. Idrial became lost in thought and didn't notice him reach out to her until his fingers touched her skin and she blinked, looking up at him as he brished some of her hair back from her face.

After he appologized, she just laid there staring up at him before smiling warmly. "Do not appologize." she said. "That was the first time someone touched me so gently and tenderly since before my father died. It... it was comforting." She reached out and took his hand into her own, intwining their fingers.

Back
Top Bottom