Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

2010 World Cup

It would be nice to see my country do well, but I'm always happy to see Brasil win.

>.>

As long as it's not Italy. Fucking Italy.

I think both of our teams had a fantastic game. Robert Green was an idiot for fumbling the ball but you would have scored anyway. Whoever gets top of the group, it'll be between one of our teams with the other a close second.

You were lucky though to see the goal itself, our ITV HD cut to an advert during Gerrard's goal by mistake. They said it was a technical fault. I'm in the middle of posting a letter bomb to their broadcasting department :D

As for winners, I still believe in England. Since the Uruguay game I've discounted France from the possible winners but there are a few; Spain, Portugal, the USA...

Did ya see when Koby used the 40 iron, and hooked the puck past the 40 yard line over the net???

I was rooting for Portugal because my favorite player Nani was on it... however, I didn't realize he wasn't participating due to an injury. I take away my vote! My teams are now USA/Argentina/Netherlands =]

It's been pretty crazy for a world cup mainly because of all the upsets/ties. France is performing pretty poorly and so is England. My final four are Brazil/Germany/Spain/Argentina. Kind of cliche for a final four but I've been watching the games and those are the best teams, even though Spain and Germany have lost a game each unexpectedly.

Seriously? Argentina? Argentina's been playing very slowly, with badass players, but poorly for the quality of players. They got an easy group. My favorites are Germany, Netherlands and Brazil.

England is playing horribly, and France never was playing good to begin with. Other than that. Latin America is taking the World Cup by storm!

My picks are Netherlands/Brasil/Argentina and I don't see any other teams in the same class as them. Spain seems to have lost their ability to score, the only decent European country in this Worldcup would be Netherlands. I was voting for my country New Zealand but we went out without losing, if one team doesnt lose they should automatically go through to send round >_<

CountofTuscany said:
Seriously? Argentina? Argentina's been playing very slowly, with badass players, but poorly for the quality of players. They got an easy group. My favorites are Germany, Netherlands and Brazil.

England is playing horribly, and France never was playing good to begin with. Other than that. Latin America is taking the World Cup by storm!

They had a fairly easy group but I don't think it was the easiest. Greece and South Korea have done well in the past. I thought France would have no trouble getting through in their group as well as Italy (much to my surprise). I never said Argentina were playing particularly well with the exception of Messi, even though he doesn't have a goal yet he's been the play maker for Argentina, and he's been close to scoring a few times. I also put Spain in my final four, even though they lost to Switzerland. They just weren't finishing. Also, in the group stages, teams play way more defensively than anything else, so it's harder to make goals.

I can see USA getting pretty far actually, I like the roster and everyone seems to have a lot of chemistry, something the other teams seem to be lacking in my opinion. Also Altidore is just a beast... you know what I'm talking about if you saw them upset Spain a year ago in the CONCAF cup. They also went 2-0 against Brazil in the finals the first half. Unfortunately Brazil managed to score three goals in the second half of that game because... well, it's Brazil. I'd say they're looking the best at the world cup in terms of the group stages.

Anyways I only slept like 3-4 hours last night because I'm so excited for the Brazil/Portugal game.

Back
Top Bottom