Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SIIIGHHHH. So I'm failing ART... again. ;l

ZOMBiiE

Star
For some reason my school board decided to make ART a course we need in order to pass highschool. Which personally I wouldn't mind if the teacher I've had EVERY TIME (there are 2 teachers, I've had the same one three times) is a total perfection whore. I mean, she expects us to basically paint EVERYTHING we see, PERFECTLY. This is my third time taking art, yes that means I've failed it twice before and it's the only reason I'm still in highschool. Sadly, I'm probably the worst "artist" to ever take her class and I'm pretty sure that she hates my guts.

So basically, can anybody give me ideas of what to draw/paint... I need 10 things by the end of the term, in two weeks... :S

Do you have anything you just can't do... no matter how hard you try?!

So that's ALL that's keeping you in school?

Apply for a transfer to the other teacher's class. Talk to a counsler, make your case, and beg.

Yes, I go to school for that one class then leave.
There are actually quite a few kids in my school since we have quite a few hard classes as requirements.
And if I do fail it again, I'm getting a transfer next year for sure. I've already talked to the principal about it. :) But I really don't feel like staying in highschool for another term. D: lol, sucks for me.

You've had the same teacher for three years, and you're failing for three years.

This is not rocket science. It's not even guidance science.

Have you told her that art is supposed to be from the imagination and that perfection should have nothing to do with it?

:-| that sucks. My highschool puts the student with a different teacher after the first year he/she fails with him/her unless of course there is no other teacher to cover said subject. Is there not some other type of art related subject you could take? Like photography, or even sculpting =3

Wow I lulz at your pathetic school board. Why would you even use art outside of school in a job? How pathetic of a passing course. Though I fee bad for you.

Misha Hiroki said:
:-| that sucks. My highschool puts the student with a different teacher after the first year he/she fails with him/her unless of course there is no other teacher to cover said subject. Is there not some other type of art related subject you could take? Like photography, or even sculpting =3
Usually my school WOULD do that, but since there are only two teachers and almost 2000 students who have to take the course over a 4 year period, they don't have much choice in where they put kids. They said it was all done by computers and they don't have much room to switch it around, and that I'm not the only person in this situation... which is pretty pathetic actually. :S

They should fire the god damn teacher then. Your art isn't supposed to be perfect. That's why she's teaching you. Also, there are different interpretations of what makes art "perfect." Just painting something exactly like you see it, while cool to do is hardly art when you get down into the philosophical nitty gritty.

Back
Top Bottom