Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~Dragons~ No longer legend (Asaka-Chan/Zero_Raider1)

((Okie Dokie))
It was early in the morning and the people of the busy city were already buzzing in the streets going from point A to point B in a hurry.
A young woman was still sleeping though. Then the door to her room swung open to show a little old lady with large glasses that made her eyes look ten times their natural size. "GET UP YOU LAZY BUM! You’re going to be late for work! How can you pay to stay here if you don't go to work?!" She cried. In the middle of her rant, the girl jumped out of her bed and hit the dresser before hitting the floor. "Unng...I'm up..sorry.." She said as she scrawled to the bathroom to get ready. "Anju you better pay your rent this Friday!" She huffed before slamming the door shut.
Once Anju was awake she shot through her room and the bathroom like a blur. Brushing her teeth she looked in the mirror and sighed. She was born looking odd with her bright almost golden eyes and her light almost white hair. She would dye it but she never had the extra money. "I'm going!" She called to the lady as she hurried pulled her shoes on. Then she set off down the street to go to work.

((I was hoping for a thread. PMs tend to get stuffed quickly, making it hard to manage.))

"Lithos Yggdrassil, wake up."
"..."
"LITHOS!"

Something large flew across the room at a young man sleeping in bed. It hit him in the head with enough force to throw him out of bed. "Gah! I'm up! Stop throwing things!" The teen groaned painfully as he got up, rubbing his silver hair trying to null the pain. His emerald eyes opened to comfirm where he was before finally making his way to his dresser. He was wearing nothing but stripped boxers as pajamas.

"Hurry up! You got work today!" Lithos groaned again as he pulled out a black T-shirt and blue jeans, threw them on over his boxers, and left for the bathroom. "Don't forget to shower!" Another groan was heard from him before he stripped to shower quickly, washing himself as fast as he could before jumping out, drying off, getting dressed, brushing his teeth, and finally heading downstairs, eating a quick breakfast, then leaving.

"What a drag." Lithos sighed walking from his house to work. That was his older sister earlier. Both were barely adults, Lithos being under 18 while his sister barely even 19 yet. However, they made enough money to afford an above average livelyhood. Their parents had died years before now in an accident. "I better get her a gift soon. Here birthday is in three days. If I forget I'll be living in hell for the next two months. So mean."

Anju ran through the back alleys since they made good shortcuts in the morning. Her long white hair flapped behind her and her shoes clunked loudly against the cement. She slid to a halt and looked at the steady stream of traffic that flowed across the street.
"Uggghh..I'm already late.." She sighed rubbing her forehead. She stood at the crosswalk and pressed the button half a dozen times before growling at the stupid machine. Her golden eyes locked on the vehicles and she took her chance. She darted into the street and ran in front of a couple cars. There was a onslaught off car horns and cursing directed to her, but she feared getting chewed out by her boss more than getting hit by a car.
Slipping into the plant shop through the backdoor, she pulled on her apron then felt a broom handle come crashing down on her head. "ACK!" Anju yelped dropping to her knees holding her head. "I think I'm bleeding.." She whined.
"You'll think bleeding! You're half an hour late!" Yelled a old man who was at least five feet tall. He too had large glasses that gave anyone the impression that they were looking at a bug.
"Sorry I oversle-" She was cut over by another swift thwack with a broomstick.
"You ALWAYS oversleep! One more time and I'll fire you're sorry carcass! Now get to work!" He yelled so loud that Anju was sure that the man spat on her.
Grumbling and rubbing her head she walked to the front of the store and started taking care of customers.

Lithos was already in his uniform and working at the front counter when Anju got there. "You made, I was beginning to think you weren't coming." He poked her forehead lightly and let her take over, going into the back to take inventory of everything and unpack any new arrivals with the boss.

It confused him how some people were always late. From his point of view, all he had to do was wake up when his sis told him to, do his morning routine, and then head out to work. He could walk to work and be on time. He was suddenly distracted from his thoughts by a thump on tthe head. "Ack!
"Pay attention when your organizing."
Lithos realized he almost sorted some things into the wrong stacks. He sighed, giving more attention to his job now, not bothering to think about her anymore.

Sporting an apron with a cartoony flower on it, Anju stepped to the front counter and gave Lithos a sheepish grin. "I'm here!" Anju laughed then winced as he poked her forehead gently. She rolled her eyes and watched him go to the back. She sighed and looked ahead for a brief moment. "Ahem!" coughed a customer. Anju jumped and bowed after apologizing several times.
"How can I help you?" She asked politely. The man asked for a selection of their best roses and a card. She nodded and walked with him to the refrigerator where they kept all the freshly pruned roses. Anju helped him pick out the best set and also helped him get a card.
"I think she will like these.." He said in thought. Anju nodded and rung it up on the register.
After he paid, she leaned on the counter and sighed. She loved it when men came to buy flowers it was so sweet.

Lithos continued sorting items onto the storage shelf, making sure everything was kept fresh and not in any danger of any hazards around the shop. He also had to clean the storage room as well. Kinda sucked being cooped up in here rather then out there at the counter serving customers. Lithos let off a yawn and continued working diligently.

Anju didn't have to take care of a lot of customers that day, so she was commanded to work on a flower display. She sighed and put on some thick gloved before going to the roses. With a pair of specialized scissors, she began to work on the display. Along with the sound of snipping was the sound of Anju humming. The song that floated through the air was an odd one that she learned but she couldn't remember where she learned it.

Lithos heard the tune Anju was humming too and began humming the same thing as well, but with less off-key notes. He didn't know anything about the melody as well, except that his elder sister always hummed it to him before he slept when he was younger.

As he worked, he came across a wilting sunflower positioned on a tabletop in a solitary beam of light secreting out of a window. He looked around cautiously, making sure no one was watching before reaching his hand out to it. His palm began to glow white, and slowly the wilting sunflower began to bloom once again. "There you go. Wouldn't want an unhealthy flower hanging around the shop. The boss would likely scold me for that."

Soon enough her break came along. The old man appeared with his broomstick ready. Anju hopped over the counter and then was swiftly thwacked in the head. "ACK!" She yelped dropping to her knees. "No climbing over the counter! You may be a heathen child but you aren't in my store got it?!" He snapped. Anju whined and nodded after apologizing.
"Well anyway, you got half and hour so go and eat before you complain of being mistreated.." He grumbled. Anju nodded then sprung to her feet and ran to the back room to put up her apron.

"Ack!" He quickly turned around to see Anju stumbling in just as his heal spell dissipated. Too close, he thought. "Lunch break already?" He asked seeing Anju putting up her apron.

Placing her apron on the old rusty hook, Anju nodding then began scratching on her arm. "Ugh I think we got some poison ivy mixed in with the plants again.." She sighed as she dug at her arm. The skin grew pink and irritated but was also a little pale in the center of the rash. The center of the rash was also white and scaly to the eyes. To matter what it looked like, it didn't stop Anju from digging at it with her nails. "Grr it itches!"

"I don't recall the boss giving us permission or training on handling poison ivy. He usually keeps that stuff locked in another room, and is very thorough of washing it off." He tunred to her and took her arm into his hands, swatting her scratching hand away every time she tried to scratch. "Scratching only makes it worse. Let me see." To his astonishment, the source of the rash wasn't from poison, rather from growth, and a very peculiar one at that. "What an unusual Rash. How long have you had it for?"

Anju frowned as he slapped her hand away. Whenever she didn't scratch at it, her arm felt as if it was on fire. "Nnngghhh...do you got and ointment or something? It burns when I don't scratch it.." She whined as he continued to study her odd scaly rash. "I got it this morning when I woke up.." She told him then jerked her arm away to scratch at it some more. "It burns!" She frowned, as she seemed to be clawing at it now.

"This morning huh?" He seemed rather interested in her condition. When she pulled her arm away, her frowned. He took her arm back once more and this time hovered his hand over her rash. a faint glow similar to the one earlier engulfed his hand again, and soon the burning sensation dimmed to a rather faint itch. "Your condition is rather curious. It's not poison, I'll tell you that. Tell me, how old are you right now?"

She blinked when he grabbed her arm again. Then her eyes grew as large as dinner plates when his hand began to glow. Anju tugged her arm in a sad attempt to get away but nothing helped her. Lithos's grip was almost vice-like so she couldn't get away. She closed her eyes tightly then relaxed as the burning sensation faded away. Her arm continued to itch though.
"What did you do?" Anju gasped looking at her arm then at him. She was taken off guard when he had asked her how old she was. "I'm seventeen.." She replied worriedly.

"Something even you'll be able to do in time." He replied, a hint of relief flowed from his voice as she stopped clawing herself. "17? I reckon you'll be turning 18 very soon now?" Lithos was aware of the fact he was getting at personal information about an individual whome he barely knew the first name of, but the situation called for it. "You carry a great secret within you, one that may threaten your safety." Lithos looked at the clock and smiled. "Ah, time for lunch. Come with me."

Lithos informed the boss that he and Anju were going out for lunch. Of course he gave them the same ranting as he always did. As they walked, Lithos began to speak to her more. "Sorry about earlier. My name is Lithos. I happen to be 17 as well." He hoped it would comfort her a little. "I want you to meet someone. She'll be able to help you better then I will with what's about to happen with you."

"Yeah, I will be eighteen in two days.. What's going on?" She cried with the expression of a worried child in her golden eyes. When he mentioned that she carried a great secret within her, she began to shake. All this information was simply terrifying to her ears. She bit her lip as he began to tug on her arm for her to go with him. She resisted at first but went along with him shortly after. "Threaten my safety?" she echoed still shaking. Anju didn't really know much about Lithos aside from the fact that he worked in the back room of the flower shop. She worked with the customers and never really spoke with him much. "What is going to happen to me?" She asked looking at him worriedly before glancing back at her rash.

"Something spectacular, but you can't be seen by the public when it happens." They arrived at his house in a short time. He knocked a few times, and saw the door open and his sister standing in the door way. She gave him an unfriendly look when she saw the girl he was with. "So, whats the occasion?" She asked rather dissapointedly. Lithos sighed and pushed past her, saying a single word in a foreign language to her that made her eyes widen.

"I'm not kidding." Lithos told his sister as he had Anju sit on the couch while he gave her a glass of water. "All I know is that it's going to happen soon, and I didn't know what else would happen." His sister sighed and replied. "You haven't told her about what she is, have you." Lithos shook his head. "I didn't want to dump her with any more then she could handle." She sighed again, but was content with his choice. She moved over to Anju and sat next to her. "Sorry about all of this, but there is something very important that I'm about to tell you, so please remain calm." After a short pause and prompting Anju to take a drink of her water, she continued. "You're a dragon halfling."

For a moment, Anju entertained the thought of getting a million dollars and never having to work at that horrid flower shop ever again but she knew it would most likely be something she wouldn't enjoy. By the sound of his tone, it must have been something weird. Anju stiffened when a young woman answered the door and frowned at them. Then she blinked at Lithos and the odd word that escaped his lips as he pressed past the woman.

After being tugged into the apartment, Anju was led to a couch to sit down. She sat and listened to them as they spoke amongst themselves. "What do you mean 'what she is'? What are you talking about!?" Anju cried now jumping to her feet. Her golden eyes were wide as ever and her heart was thumping powerfully against her chest. It thumped against her so hard she was afraid it would break out of her chest and hit them. Then she sat down once again to here the woman. She was about to take a drink of water like she had wanted her too but instead the glass shattered in her palm once she was told what she was. "A WHAT?!" She squealed flinging herself off the couch to stare at them. "You people must be joking.."

((Writer's block. Hope I'm following through with this ok.))

"We most certainly aren't. Will you show her Lithos, and try not to scare her too much." Lithos shrugged and started to focus. A sudden flash of light went off, and Lithos was now sporting a set of large reptilian wings and a massive scaly tail. "Why am I doing this again, sis?" He asked flapping his wings a few times before folding them around his form. "Just to show her tha dragons exist." Lithos's sister got up and took Anju's hand gently. "Sorry, I'll have to take you out back now. Your going to turn soon."

((That's fine))

"Show me.." She began then winced from the light. Once her eyes adjusted back she paused with her eyes beginning to glow. She didn't notice this of course, but then she screamed and tried to run from them, but his sister had a firm grip on her hand. Anju's eyes grew large at what she told her and she looked utterly terrified. "Wait! I'm not going to turn into something like that am I?!" She yelped looking at her after being too frightened to look at Lithos. Then she winced and dropped to her knees. Pain shot through her stomach and then spread through out her body. Her bones were moving under her skin and she was beginning to turn. "Nnnggghh.." she whined biting down on her lips. What's happening to me? She thought as she squirmed with pain.

((Finally decided, Lithos's sister will be called Julia))

"Lithos, give me a hand!" Julia yelled at Lithos. He rushed over to Anju, scooped her up into his arms, and rushed out to the back yard. It was large and rather spacious, plus the fences were tall enough so even the tallest human couldn't peek over them. There was a bed matress in the middle where Lithos placed Anju. He remained nearby as Julia came out with more water. "Now all we can do is wait until it's over." Lithos said and watched unfaultering at Anju's painful form.

She squirmed sadly in his arms as they moved her to the backyard. Anju was crying out and beginning to sound less human. Thin, sharp wings ripped out of her back spraying her and everyone around with blood as they began to flap madly. Her clothes ripped as her form shifted.
Horns pushed their way out above her ears began to bleed. Anju roared with pain then was enveloped in a intense white light. It gathered into a ball showing a strange form in the center. Then light dissipated leaving a small white dragon curled up in a little ball on the mattress with blood on its small body as well as shreds of clothes. She was unconscious and shaking like a leave. Her size was a shock since most dragons were large but she was probably the size of a dog and even had paws like that of a dog plus the muzzle.

Lithos and Julia continued to watch her transformation. After the flash of light, they witness her dragon form for the first time. Julia was the first to do something. "She's so adorable~!" She squealed rushing over to her with a damp towel and water to rinse the blood off her body. Lithos gave a disgruntled look at her. "Yes, like a new born baby. Have some sympathy for her, this is a first for her." Julia simply waved at him. "Yeah yeah, I know what I'm doing. Remember who it was that helped you through his transformation." Lithos groaned in response. "Don't remind me. That's the most embarrassing thing anyone could ever go through."

Anju remained curled up in a small ball. Her body was shaking and throbbing from transforming. Her wings twitched lightly and her eyes slowly opened. When her eyes focused she saw Julian rubbing on her with a damp towel. She was cold so the damp towel didn't really work for her. She flinched when she felt it on her scales. Her tail wrapped around her to warm for a while until she tried to move. Her body protested with aching soreness so she fell back limply against Julia's lap. Anju whined softly closing her eyes trying to make sense of it all, but was too tired to think. She was absolutely exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom