Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Similar Goal, A Shared Secret (Skeith Takahata x Zennarion

Skeith Takahata

Super-Earth
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k174/Forever_Lusting/895239827_l.jpg">http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k174/ ... 9827_l.jpg</a><!-- m -->
The year is 2250 and the world is definitely not at peace. Crime rates have soared, backing law enforcement into a corner. So, in the hopes of getting results, people turned to vigilante justice. The government, big corporations, civilians, even law enforcement have begun hiring Bounty Hunters to catch the bigger fish while they struggle with the day to day criminals.

Skeith Takahata was one such bounty hunter. Although her skills were second to none, she was going through a tough time. Doing odd jobs and catching small time criminals to get enough money to scrape by for another couple of weeks. That’s all this one was supposed to be… A small timer… An easy catch…

The albino bounty hunter entered a storage chamber of the long abandoned facility. Some counter-terrorist turned terrorist had held up in here with a private army hired to keep law enforcement at bay. The group was small and poorly organized and their current employer was in a state of desperation.

Pausing at a small console, Skeith swiftly hacked into the mainframe and breeched the security software. If she could access the security feed, she would know where the enemy was and how well armed they were. “Bingo.” She said as a small smirk found her lips. Observing the camera feed. “Russian equipment? This could be a bit tougher than I thought.” Stepping away from the monitor she drew her twin M1911 handguns and began making her way deeper into the facility.

Maya sighed softly as she then looked around on the bay, she was supposed to catch somebody down here. So far she knew this was goinng to be an easy catch. She sighed softly and then drew her gun, she didn't use any special gun, she just used the first gun she could find. She looked up at the sky, she had until tomorrow to finish the mission, and if she didn't, she wouldn't get paid.

She hadn't had such an easy catch in weeks, it was actully good with a small break from the hard bounty hunting. She just hoped that her rival would also have gotten this easy job, but after all she only took the hard jobs, or atleast thats what she thought. She sighed softly and then loaded her gun, so that she was ready to shoot if she had to.

She brushed some of her white hair away from her eyes, and then looked down at a small console, so she could find out where her enemies where. She found the number, of the building, he then continued reading. Russian equipment, maybe she had underestimed this mission, it would maybe get a bit thougher than she had been expecting it to be.

She put her gun away again, and then found her rifle insteadt, this would probably be better than a single hand gun for this misson. She sighed softly, and then stopped a bit away from the building, as she thought that she heard something. She looked around, but she didn't see anyone. She then continued walking, before she then stopped in front of a large building, with the nr. 7 on it, it was here they were supposed to be.

Skeith was getting a bad feeling about this mission. For a place swaming with Russian mercenaries it was far too quiet. She usually revelled in a challenge, but the suspence was killing her. Taking slow cautious steps, she began exploring the first level of the facility. Judging by some of the items on display, they were working on a bio-weapon of sort, before the project was either abandoned or completed.

"Come out, come out where ever you are..." She mumbled while walking the halls. She could feel the hairs rising on the back of neck as she slowly rounded a corner and approached a sealed door. Whatever was on the other side of this door, Skeith really didn't want to meet.

Maya entered the building, and then looked around. She didn't like the feeling of this, there should be a lot of guards and so on around here. She took her gun again, and then put the silencer, and then shot the video camera, before she then put her gun back again. She continued walking, and then walked up some stairs to the first floor. Seeing a big door she stopped "What ever they were working on here she didn't like it.

It was way to quiet here, there should also be a lot of guards here, maybe they was behind the door in front of her? She could hear a lot of noises from in there, but she wasn't sure what kind of noises. She slowly opened the door, just enough so that she could look inside of the room.

As she entered the room, Skeith's eyes widened quickly. The sight that awaited her wasn't one she wanted to see. Russians lay dead, strewn across the floor. Whoever had gotten here before her really did a number on them. Hearing movement coming from two directions she swiftly took cover. The first sign of movement came from a door not far from her opening, where as the other sound was that of a cloaked figure entering the main research portion of the facility. Either he was nother bounty hunter... Or things just got a lot more complicated.

As she didn't see anybody in on the floor she slowly walked in, she hadn't noticed all of the dead russians yet, but she had noticed the main computer. She could smell blood, but guessed that it was just how it smelled in here. She slowly walked over towards the main computer, and then pressed a button, the whole screen then lit up. "Hmm.... Lets see what we can find here...." She told herself in a soft whisper, and just continued looking through the computer.

Skeith remained silent while listening to the other access the computer. Her grip tightening on her 1911. Hearing the woman's voice her gaze narrowed. She recognized that voice. What was she doing here? Skeith's breathing was slowed and muted to prevent being noticed. Her eyes scanned the area for a possible way to get to the next room unnoticed. But no solution present itself.

She sighed softly and then walked away from the computer again, it seemed as if there had already been someone here, before her, since all the important data had been deleted. She looked down now, seeing all of the murdered russian's down there, and then she saw somebody standing down there, maybe it was her who had deleted the data and killed those guys. She took her gun, and then pointed it twords the one who was standing down there "Drop your gun" She yelled at her.

Skeith heard her voice and quickly dropped the gun she was holding. Her second 1911 remained holstered with her blade still strapped across her back. "Vigilant as always." She complimented as she raised her hands above her head. Her gaze remained glued to the door the stranger had gone through.

Hearing her voice she sighed softly and she then lowered her gun again "So its just you...." She told her in a soft tone, and then put her gun back. "Maybe you would consider coming up here, there have already been someone here, before us..." She then told her, while she watched her.

Shaking her head, SKeith collected her 1911 from the ground and hostered it. "I know, he went through that door." She said pointing in that direction. "I'm going after him. I'm not about to let someone else run off with my mark." Striding toward the door, the heals of her boots clicked across the floor. Reaching the door, she paused for a moment to listen to what was going on inside. She heard what sounded like breaking glass followed by the sounds of further struggle. "Damn it!" She hissed before kicking the door in.

"There is no way that im gonna let her get away with this guy..." She mumbeled, before she then quickly ran downstairs and followed her "I'll get this guy!" She told him, and then grabbed her rifle. There was no way that Skeith get this guy. Her heels could be heard clicking on the floor as she ran inside, and then started looking around for the guy in the room, with her rifle loaded and ready to shoot if he started shooting at her.

Immediately after the door flew open, Skeith saw the other dash past her into the room. Following after her, in a more calm fashion, she drew both of her 1911s and approached the center of the room. "Cool down kid, you don't want to give us away." Looking around she saw what looked like movement at the other end of the room. "There." She whispered, pointing her handgun in that direction.

As she approached, she kept her guns raised in the direction of the sillouhette that was now visible to her. The sight that befell her when she rounded the corner startled her. The mark was on his knees with a medical needle jabbed into his neck, the straner stood behind him with a gun to the back of his head and a suitcase in his free hand. "Don't get any funny ideas ladies..." His gruff voice echoed through the room.

Maya sighed as she saw this "Don't get any funny ideas..." Maya told him, and then lowered her rifle. "Just calm down...." She told him in a soft tone "You don't wanna do that" She told him in a soft tone. "Just let the man go..." She told him, while she watched him. She knew that one wrong move could ruin everything, thats why she had to be careful, she didn't want him to shoot the hostage that he was holding in his arms.

The man with the hostage seemed incredibly unstable. His gun hand was twitching terribly while the hand holding the suitcase was gripping it so tightly that his knuckles were white. "It's too late for him..." His voice spoke shakily. "Just like it is for me... The good doctor just got a taste of his own medicine..."

Skeith's gaze narrowed as the man spoke. "What was in that needle..." She questioned harshly. "Answer or I'll end you both." She hissed as she raised both of her 1911s.

Maya watched the two "Drop the gun and i'll let both of you live" She told him, while she watched him "You don't wanna kill him.... Trust me..." She told him, while she watched him, she had tried this before, and wasn't exactly the best situation to be in for her, since she didn't want any of them to die.

Skeith's gaze shifted to Maya briefly before returning to the man and his hostage.

The man's eyes narrowed as he lifted the gun to point at the two women. "Haven't you heard a word I've said! It's too late!" The hostage's eyes began to dialate while his skin began to boil and expand. "Humanity will come to feel the same pain as me! However, the two of you won't live to see it..." He kicked the hostage toward the girls before fleeing through a hidden door behind him.

Maya quickly moved aside as he pushed the man towards them. "You are not getting away" She yelled at him, and then lifted her rifle towards him, as she got ready to shoot.

While Maya tried to give pursuit, Skeith watched the hostage's body in horror as it began to twist and mutate. "What the fuck?" She said in disgust as she watched the man's body. Strange deformities and limbs began to grow from the man's body along with a spine ridden tail.

Skeith took a couple steps back as the strange creature began to stand, turning to eye Maya from behind. "Shit! Maya!" Skeith drew her bastard sword and caught the creatures hand as it came down to strike at Maya. "Maya! We've got bigger problems!" The creature brought it's tail around and took Skeith from the ground and flung her through one of the office windows.

Skeith's sword stuck in the ground near Maya, where as Skeith's body had impacted the office desk and snapped it in two.

Maya turned around, just to see Skeith being send flying towards a desk. She grabbed her sword, and then swung it towards the strange creature "What... Is he?" She asked her as she saw the creature block her sword, before she then lifted her rifle, and then pointed it towards the stomach of the creature, before she then pulled the trigger, and then watched as the bullet went through the stomach of the creature who let go of the sword.

Maya ran over to Skeith, and then kneeled down beside of her "Are you alright?" She then asked her, while she looked down at her.

As Skeith came to her senses she released a small cry of pain as she tried to remove the barb that had broken off from the creature's tail and into her shoulder. "Oh God!" She groaned as she released the barb. "I can't pull it out here... If I do, I'll bleed out..." She hissed as blood trickled from the hole in her coat. "God damn it!"

Maya smiled a bit and then found some bandage in her pocket "Maybe this can help a bit?" She then asked her, with a slight smile upon her lips. "Let me take care of this, alright?" She asked her in a soft tone, while she looked down into her eyes. "I can handle this as long as there aren't any poisen in you" She told her.

Skeith's breathing was heavy due to the pain. Looking up at the other she nodded. "I don't know if it injected me with anything." Her gaze growing slightly more concerned at the thought. "Can we please just get this thing out of my body?" She asked as she balled her hands into fists. "I'll get scanned after we get the hell out of here."

She nodded at her words, and then pulled out the barb "You'll be alright..." She told her in a soft tone, and then started warpping the bandage around her shoulder "I can take care of the poisen if there are any.... But not here..." She then told her, while she looked down at her.

Skeith nodded and braced herself for the pain. A loud cry of pain pierced her lips when the barb was removed. She nodded quickly as she bit her lip to try and suppress the pain. "Okay..." Her eyes closed briefly while she released a serious of heavy breaths.

Back
Top Bottom