Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Movie/ TV Series Thread

Raven-Eve

Super-Earth
I have seen people talk about their favorite movies in different threads, but I think itâ??s a good topic that deserves its own thread. So here we go....oh and I guess we can go so far as to talk about anime and TV series that we watch.

What is your favorite movie, why?

Worst movie you have seen, why?

Favorite TV series?

Favorite Anime?

My favorite movie is Labyrinth, it was a great movie when I was a child, and now I have my three year old Daughter singing along with me to the music. Though I will say my Daughter picked up the annoying habit of saying "Itâ??s not Fairâ? all the time now. David Bowie did a great job, and yes I found his character oddly attractive :p

Worse movie I have seen is called Toys...it had Robin Williams in it, have you seen it? I have a bad memory of getting sick in the movie theater when my parents took me and my brother. Those thing stick with you...I tried watching it a few times, can't make it all the way through it.

True Blood would be a favorite TV series, loved Bills character. Next in line is Nip/Tick ^^

And lastly Elfin Lied is my favorite anime...its bloody, a girl of sorts ripping heads off of people...arms, leg flying everywhere....but itâ??s a good story. Next in line is Blood +.

My Favorite movie is a mix between Stargate and serenity, because i'm a sci-fi guy and those two movies are from shows that fucking owned.

Worst movie........Any sappy chick flick....really.

Favorite TV series?
Stargate Sg-1, Stargate:Atlantis, All the star treks >.>, firefly

Favorite Anime?

Ok seriously this list is too long, needless to say if it's an anime I probly love it.

Worst movie I ever saw was this black and white Polish film called 'Avalon'; it was all about a video game that people loaded their brains into, and died inside of. Also, there was this one scene in the movie where the camera focused on this guy's mouth while he ate sausage for like five minutes. It was horrifying.

I can't really bring myself to choose a best movie; I like way too many of them, but I tend to hover around the crime films like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or the really awesome comic adaptations like Ironman and Batman Begins. I'm also a sucker for the SAW series; I even loved number five, and I'll probably love number six when it comes out. I also saw this one really warped movie recently, called Kabluey, it seems not many people have seen it, but the actor spends about 70% of the movie in this big, blue foam-rubber suit that has this giant, faceless, spherical head - you sort of have to see it. Ultimately the peak of the movie is when he and a girl dressed as a block of cheese end up tormenting a couple in a hotel. It's worth it.

Best television show - the one that has never dissappointed me is the Dexter series; usually shows start getting stale by season 3, but the most recent season of Dexter, in my opinion, has been the best one so far. I'm also a sucker for Scrubs and House M.D., though mostly the earlier seasons.

I don't watch anime, but I do remember seeing one a long time ago called Trigun that I was actually pretty impressed by.

I have several favorite movies. My current favorite is probably Oldboy, it is a fantastic film. Foreign, yet I had no problem connecting with it at all. The acting is so good it breaks the language barrier, and the story is intense, brutal and so satisfying. Actually you can put the two other movies from this trilogy on the list as well, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. All the films have similar arching concepts that tie them together in a loose way, but they are all movies that stand on their own.

Another favorite of mine is the classic Taxi Driver. That movie is just... ugh, so good. I love it.

This wouldn't be a list of favorites if I didn't include the Evil Dead series though. Gruesome, yet awesome. Bruce Campbell is fucking awesome.

... oh and the Fifth Element is badass as all hell.

Worst movie I have ever seen? Ultraviolet was TERRIBLE. Oh god. Overall though I don't remember most bad movies. If they are bad, then I just forget about them. Ultraviolet was just so bad that it was funny, so it stuck with me.

Favorite anime is probably Berserk. The character development is superb, you rarely get that in most anime. The art is also very standalone, and it is a style you rarely see in the Japanese market. Especially nowadays, I mean most of it just looks so recycled. Oh and One Piece, for being stupidly cool and always fun to watch.

My favorite TV shows? I am a sucker for the Whedonverse, and also Arrested Development. Animated shows, I would list the Venture Brothers. Overall I am not a big television show guy, they just don't capture me all that often.

My dvd collection is getting pretty big and I only really buy the movies I love. I have TOO many favorite movies, but here are some of them-

-SAW(I-V)
-Stay Alive
-Dawn of the Dead
-Good Luck Chuck
-Sweeney Todd
-Nightmare Before Christmas
-Corpse Bride
-Max Payne
-Ironman
-Batman Begins
-The Dark Knight
-One Missed Call(The JAPANESE one)

-there are some of my favorites.

Worst movie...I HATED the english One Missed Call. They horribly fucked that movie over. The english Ring sucked pretty bad too, but at least it entertained me. I didn't like Zombie Diaries, or The Blair Witch Project.

Favorite TV show - Grey's Anatomy. BY FAR. I also watch all the CSI, mainly the original and Miami. I don't like New York very much...probably because of the actor's. I watch Bones, and House. And South Park. Lots of South Park. Lol.

Favorite Anime - OH GOD. I HAVE WAY TOO MANY. I enjoy Death Note, Elfen Lied, Burst Angel, Hellsing Ultimate, Princess Princess, Azumanga Daioh, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge...SO MANY MORE.

O_O

Hmm...

Best Movie:
- Twilight :: Hah! Just kidding. I may have liked it (unlike some people) but it's not my favorite.
- Any Thai Horror Movie :: Thai people are the best with horror movies. If you haven't watched Shutter in the original version, you should watch it. It's awesome. Alone is a good contender to.
- I don't really have a favorite favorite. Mostly because I tend to change favorites depending on whether I liked the last film I saw. I do love scary movies though.

Worst Movie:
- Sappy Chick Flicks :: Like the Notebook, Lakehouse and If Only. No. Just no.
- American Versions of Asian Movies :: Don't even ask.
- Any of those <state movie genre type here> Movie type of movies :: The first Scary Movie was funny. The rest was just... eh?

Best TV Series:
- How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory :: Funny shit
- Heroes and Chuck
- Pushing Daisies :: I'm annoyed it got canned
- Gossip Girl :: Chuck/Blair FTW
- CSI and CSI:NY :: I don't like the Miami version
- House
- Private Practice :: I like it better than Grey's Anatomy

Best Anime:
- Vampire Knight :: Fine, I'm biased. It's the only Anime I watch mostly because I heard about it when I was in my Twilight phase and I thought. 'Ooh, Vampires! Yay!' Then I got really into it.

Favorite Tv Series:
Law and Order series
Kamen Rider Black (watchin it on Veoh)
Power Rangers and their Sentai counterparts
NCIS
CSI(LV and Miami)
Smallville
Terminator
Heroes
Knight Rider
Pysch
House

Favorite Anime:
Naruto
Voltron
Robotech
Gundam(all series)
Nadisco
Bleach
Code Geass
Sailor Moon
Clone Wars

Favorite Movies:
ALL 6 Star Wars Films
Star Trek 2 because of F*ing Khan
Kunoichi: Lady Ninja
Vampire Effect aka Twin Effect(English Release)
Full Metal Jacket

I don't remember what my worse movie was...there's a reason for that.
Why would you want to remember bad memories?

Don't really have a good movie...

But I have good TV shows.

House
Psych
The Mentalist
Big Bang Theory
How I met Your MOther
Fringe
Monk
Burn Notice
Heroes
Chuck
Smallville.

The last three I list bcuz I still watch it cause I started it and I intend to finish it.
I hate starting something and not finishing it.

Back
Top Bottom